PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: NDSU vs Jacksonville State

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Prime Power
December 19th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Should be a good game. NDSU's defense vs Jacksonville's offense. Let the debates begin.

NDSUFREAK
December 19th, 2015, 06:15 PM
In terms of high powered offense vs NDSU defense see the last four years. End of debate.

Southern Bison
December 19th, 2015, 06:16 PM
JSU has been fairly dominant except for the Auburn & 2 Chatty games...both that have formidable defenses. NDSU's D has been progressively getting better since August and played "lights out" last night.

NDSU's power offense vs. Jax. St. defense is a win for the Bison.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I have NDSU winning this. But only because of what they've done on the past. I think JSU can pull this off.

Da Herd
December 19th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I'm just going to drop this off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pXgEUpxLKEQ

NDSUFREAK
December 19th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Hahaha can't wait to drink the city dry again

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 06:24 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-run-power-1.png

Bison56
December 19th, 2015, 06:25 PM
xlmaoxxlmaox

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I think it will be a good game. We need to look at what Chatty did. NDSU offense is comparable(without Wentz) with edge to JSU, NDSU defense is better. This will come down to if JSU can take a punch to the mouth, and give it back. NDSU is more battle tested.

catamount man
December 19th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Good luck to both schools! GO CATS!

hebmskebm
December 19th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Bison 27 Cocks 17

ekufbfan
December 19th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Let's GO COCKS!
great game today, one more to go....EKU fans are with you! Let's Go!

BEAR
December 19th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Defense wins championships

F'N Hawks
December 19th, 2015, 06:51 PM
NDSU favored by 4

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 19th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I was impressed by Jax State today but the Bison will just be too much for them.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 06:53 PM

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Oh gee....another version of the spread offense....:p

Looking forward to the match up.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2015, 07:07 PM
This will be over by halftime. bi5on win

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Can't wait to meet some Bison fans next month. Just booked my flight. Tickets go on sale tomorrow here.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

ekufbfan
December 19th, 2015, 07:10 PM
It remains to be seen, we won't know until January. But you gotta know JSU has lost what, 3 games in the last two seasons? To Michigan State, to Auburn in overtime and I think the third was to the team they destroyed today. (JSU fans, correct me if I' m wrong about the three teams). I saw these guys play this season, they are no push overs. Go Jax!

BisonTru
December 19th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Can't wait to meet some Bison fans next month. Just booked my flight. Tickets go on sale tomorrow here.

What time?

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2015, 07:12 PM
I feel like people aren't giving the JSU defense enough credit on here. We just limited the number one offense in the country to 10 points and <300 yards. People thought we would be overpowered by Auburn too.

It's gonna be a good one. Go Cocks.

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2015, 07:12 PM
What time?
They said 1 pm. Season ticket holders and suite holders get first dibs. I'm not sure what the allotment is.

NDSUFREAK
December 19th, 2015, 07:13 PM
They said 1 pm. Season ticket holders and suite holders get first dibs. I'm not sure what the allotment is.

Good to know! xthumbsupx

Your ticket office will be seeing some North Dakota zip codes if they aren't smart with ticket sales.

eiupantherfan94
December 19th, 2015, 07:16 PM
How great would it be after all the flack MVFC fans give the OVC, JSU pulls off the upset.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Bison beat Cocks with Stick

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Good to know! xthumbsupx

Your ticket office will be seeing some North Dakota zip codes if they aren't smart with ticket sales.
I think they're requiring physical pickups at first. I hope I can get some.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 07:31 PM
How great would it be after all the flack MVFC fans give the OVC, JSU pulls off the upset.

You can hope since your team couldn't do anything about it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is nice. Conference Decemberists who barely post AND cheer for other teams....I guess you could say they are riding Jacksonville State's Cocks................

TwinCitiesBison
December 19th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Feel like Bison have seen this more than enough times... but I'll be generous.

Bison 31
Cocks 20

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Bison 35
Cocks 17

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 07:35 PM
The allotment is going to be between 2,500 and 4,000.

I don't remember what each team gets.

gumby013
December 19th, 2015, 07:35 PM

Each school gets roughly 3500 tickets.

Big_Fan
December 19th, 2015, 07:43 PM

- - - Updated - - -

This is nice. Conference Decemberists who barely post AND cheer for other teams....I guess you could say they are riding Jacksonville State's Cocks................

...and that pretty much describes every team in the MVFC not named NDSU.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 07:46 PM
...and that pretty much describes every team in the MVFC not named NDSU.

Except our posters are active on the board, not jumping on the NDSU train after they win a semifinal game. xlolx

Bisonwinagn
December 19th, 2015, 07:51 PM

One good team doesn't make a conference good. Also JSU is the #1 seed so NDSU is the underdog in this one.

Big_Fan
December 19th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Except our posters are active on the board, not jumping on the NDSU train after they win a semifinal game. xlolx

Yep. You guys do avoid the rush and suck up to NDSU early. You are defeated before the season begins. Our conference mates want to beat us, not worship us they way you guys do NDSU.

MVFC in animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

ekufbfan

- - - Updated - - -

this is ridiculous, I'm not jumping on anyone's" bandwagon", but nothing wrong with backing your conference mate, sorry if that bothers you..you can just skip right on over it and you can sleep better at night ...
GO JSU GameCOCKS!

JSUSoutherner
One good team doesn't make a conference good. Also JSU is the #1 seed so NDSU is the underdog in this one.

I'm sure Vegas will say otherwise. We aren't 4 time defending champions.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Yep. You guys do avoid the rush and suck up to NDSU early. You are defeated before the season begins. Our conference mates want to beat us, not worship us they way you guys do NDSU.

MVFC in animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

Yeah, we didn't go round and round up until the last of us were out in the quarters. xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 07:57 PM
this is ridiculous, I'm not jumping on anyone's" bandwagon", but nothing wrong with backing your conference mate, sorry if that bothers you..you can just skip right on over it and you can sleep better at night ...
GO JSU GameCOCKS!

Blowing up the message board when you never post here is ridiculous. I hope you don't lose sleep over that. xrolleyesx

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Ncaa website says 12 pm eastern. On ESPN2. NDSU is the home team.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 08:12 PM
It remains to be seen, we won't know until January. But you gotta know JSU has lost what, 3 games in the last two seasons? To Michigan State, to Auburn in overtime and I think the third was to the team they destroyed today. (JSU fans, correct me if I' m wrong about the three teams). I saw these guys play this season, they are no push overs. Go Jax!

Bison have lost 5 games the last 5 seasons and won the most important game 4 times, the last game of the playoffs. Last years Seniors had 4 rings and 3 losses in their career. They did beat Kansas St, Iowa St, Minnesota and Colorado St during that time too.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Bison have lost 5 games the last 5 seasons and won the most important game 4 times, the last game of the playoffs. Last years Seniors had 4 rings and 3 losses in their career. They did beat Kansas St, Iowa St, Minnesota and Colorado St during that time too.

In the last two seasons we only have one loss to an FCS opponent, NDSU has three. I don't see what you're trying to prove. JSU's record under Grass has been spectacular.

hebmskebm
December 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Interesting tidbit: According to michigan-football.com Jax State is one of only 4 teams that have beaten NDSU more than once but NDSU has never beaten (since 1945). They're 0-2 against the Gamecocks. The others are Iowa (0-2), Drake (0-2), and Marquette (RIP) (0-3).

Bisonator
December 19th, 2015, 08:20 PM
In the last two seasons we only have one loss to an FCS opponent, NDSU has three. I don't see what you're trying to prove. JSU's record under Grass has been spectacular.
You just haven't played the Bison the last 2 years. xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Interesting tidbit: According to michigan-football.com Jax State is one of only 4 teams that have beaten NDSU more than once but NDSU has never beaten (since 1945). They're 0-2 against the Gamecocks. The others are Iowa (0-2), Drake (0-2), and Marquette (RIP) (0-3).

Yep, 100% right. Hopefully this is where NDSU can start switching that stat around.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2015, 08:21 PM
You just haven't played the Bison the last 2 years. xthumbsupx

Well we will see how this turns out in three weeks.

I'm just saying that JSU's record under Grass isn't anything anyone can really poke at.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Not sure how that's even comparable to what they have accomplished.

Bison56
December 19th, 2015, 08:30 PM
xsmileyclapx

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2015, 08:59 PM
I'm picking a side. Let's go gamecocks!

uni88
December 19th, 2015, 09:16 PM
IMO many are underestimating JSU. They have the talent, skill and chemistry necessary to play with and beat the Bison. I'm not as sure about their depth. The big question is do they have the testicular virility to survive the physical assault?

This is shaping up as a great NC game with the 2 best teams in FCS going at it.

This very good to great team appears to be the exception to OVC mediocrity.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Jacksonville State is by far the best team that North Dakota Estado has met in the finals, better than the Siamese Sammy teams, better than Towson and better than Ill State, but will they be good enough to beat the Bison...... you bet!

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Jacksonville State is by far the best team that North Dakota Estado has met in the finals, better than the Siamese Sammy teams, better than Towson and better than Ill State, but will they be good enough to beat the Bison...... you bet!
Always the instigator. I guess we will see.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2015, 09:23 PM

Only a channel surfing fool who just happened to turn the game on and knows nothing would believe your statement.

Prime Power
December 19th, 2015, 09:24 PM
IMO many are underestimating JSU. They have the talent, skill and chemistry necessary to play with and beat the Bison. I'm not as sure about their depth. The big question is do they have the testicular virility to survive the physical assault?

Fans can underestimate all they want....it doesn't matter. I doubt that the coaching staff and players are underestimating Jacksonville State. Sucks that we all have to wait 3 weeks for this game. Should be a good, competitive game.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2015, 09:29 PM
One overlooked aspect of this game may be the familiarity that NDSU has with the 3 week layoff and the championship week festivities whereas JSU will be experiencing it all for the first time with a completely new "routine". Once the teams get settled in it won't make much of a difference either way but if the Bison can jump out to a quick start there may something to be said for having previous experience in this game.

Scooter
December 19th, 2015, 09:35 PM
I think this will come down to which team handles the three week layoff the best. JSU looked really good tonight.

I think the two best teams will be in Frisco. Congratulations to JSU. You really took care of business.

2ram
December 19th, 2015, 09:36 PM
based on the semis, this is going to be a great game.

UNHWildcat18
December 19th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I'm sick of watching the bison win........ That being said I think they win..... ****

X-Factor
December 19th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Didn't you say something similar about Richmond as well?

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 09:48 PM

To bad there wasn't a MVFC team in JSU's bracket.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2015, 09:56 PM
If the Bison play gap sound football, this game will be a reminder of the 2011 championship. Nothing against Flanders, but NDSU has always heard "southern speed" or, you havent seen this kind of offense before, but let me, bear the bad news. They have and it has yet to fair well for any opponent. When they met that "unstoppable" offense, they neutralized it and kept the Bison O on the field for a majority of the game.

All this said, if the team that showed up Friday night, sans kicking, shows up on the 9th, this game will get ugly fast. You can't just drive down the field on them and then expect a 3 and out from your D. They will make you regret it if you think that you can trust your D against a power O. All in all, I got the, drive for 5 going 35-20 NDSU

Cocky
December 19th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Good to know! xthumbsupx

The tickets will not be open to the public until Tuesday or Wednesday. They will first be offered to season ticket holders and students before the public can purchase any. With the NDSU fans having purchase all available tickets we probably wont have many, if any, available to the public.

gumby013
December 19th, 2015, 09:59 PM
The tickets will not be open to the public until Tuesday or Wednesday. They will first be offered to season ticket holders and students before the public can purchase any. With the NDSU fans having purchase all available tickets we probably wont have many, if any, available to the public.

How many season ticket holders are there?

BlueHenSinfonian
December 19th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Good luck to the Gamecocks, time for someone else to take the crown.

Cocky
December 19th, 2015, 10:04 PM
How many season ticket holders are there?
Not sure but probably 2,000

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 10:07 PM
https://scontent.ffar1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t34.0-12/12386581_10107006225325220_748004046_n.jpg?oh=d682 50baac5f976fc1dc5caa9a1ebb6d&oe=56792B51

NDSUFREAK
December 19th, 2015, 10:08 PM

That's cute.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 10:14 PM

I knew there was something I liked about you, the way you mind your own business. I was talking specifically to the EKU guy.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 10:19 PM

Last time NDSU played Jack St, half the team had food poisoning at Jack St. Glad this is a neutral site game. ;)

Big_Fan
December 19th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Last time NDSU played Jack St, half the team had food poisoning at Jack St. Glad this is a neutral site game. ;)

That was time before last... and you guys were just looking for a reason to "bellyache" after getting beaten. No one believes that story.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 10:27 PM
That was time before last... and you guys were just looking for a reason to "bellyache" after getting beaten. No one believes that story.

True story Cock Fan!

NDSUFREAK
December 19th, 2015, 10:34 PM
You have to imagine JSU will want to take some time off and rest before Frisco.......

SUPharmacist
December 19th, 2015, 10:35 PM

It was last year, so it does not do anything to predict this year, however that one loss was to a team NDSU demolished a couple weeks later.

I believe JSU is real good, but their regular season schedule and playoff bracket have not prepared them for this game. We shall see what happens in a few weeks, a poor schedule does not make a poor team, and a strong schedule does not make a strong team.

Big_Fan
December 19th, 2015, 10:38 PM
It was last year, so it does not do anything to predict this year, however that one loss was to a team NDSU demolished a couple weeks later.

I believe JSU is real good, but their regular season schedule and playoff bracket have not prepared them for this game. We shall see what happens in a few weeks, a poor schedule does not make a poor team, and a strong schedule does not make a strong team.

That one team... we had 23 players off of the two deep out with season ending injuries when we played them last season. This year we didn't. We didn't lose anyone today, either.

ekufbfan
December 19th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Blowing up the message board when you never post here is ridiculous. I hope you don't lose sleep over that. xrolleyesx
You are so right PantherRob, I don't have 9,964 posts on here like you do, I have a life. So, I'll leave it to you to CARRY ON and have at it. I am headed to get some sleep, where I most certainly won't be losing any sleep over this nonsense.
Go Jax make our "mediocre" conference proud.

SUPharmacist
December 19th, 2015, 10:42 PM
That one team... we had 23 players off of the two deep out with season ending injuries when we played them last season. This year we didn't. We didn't lose anyone today, either.

Correct, you looked great today, NDSU looked great yesterday. Should be a great title game. Now would you care to explain to me how JSU is the only team that has had injuries impact them.

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2015, 10:42 PM
If we increase our scoring again next game, maybe we can put up 80 on the Bison ;)

Bison56
December 19th, 2015, 10:45 PM
If we increase our scoring again next game, maybe we can put up 80 on the Bison ;)

xdrunkyx have another

Christiank22
December 19th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Honest question, will the NDSU crowd play a role in this game? It's obviously not on the level of the dome but after witnessing last year in person, I realized we definitely make some noise in Fargo South, uhh Frisco... :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Honest question, will the NDSU crowd play a role in this game? It's obviously not on the level of the dome but after witnessing last year in person, I realized we definitely make some noise in Fargo South, uhh Frisco... :)

Yes....someone have the field level db meter picture handy? More diehards and alot of them.

ASU33
December 19th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I can't wait! This is going to be a helluva game!

gumby013
December 19th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Yes....someone have the field level db meter picture handy? More diehards and alot of them.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_0742_zps3d0bd693.jpg

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2015, 10:55 PM
NDSU will probably be 80% of the stadium.

Redbirdz
December 19th, 2015, 10:58 PM
This will be over by halftime. bi5on win
I agree it will be over by half-time but JSU wins big.

Christiank22
December 19th, 2015, 10:59 PM
I agree it will be over by half-time but NDSU wins big.

FIFY ;)

Redbirdz
December 19th, 2015, 11:03 PM
JSU 45 Bison 28

Christiank22
December 19th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Bison 45 JSU 28

FIFY again!

Redbirdz
December 19th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Tonight's referees were from the MVFC.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Didn't you say something similar about Richmond as well?
of course not. I had the Bison winning 38-20

Jacksonville state is better than Richmond

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 11:17 PM
JSU 45 Bison 28

NDSU defense giving up 45 points that is hilarious.

Dewey

Cocky
December 19th, 2015, 11:18 PM
There is no way we can win the NC. We play in the OVC and no team from the OVC cant win the NC. Of course, no team from the OVC can win a semi game either.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 11:18 PM
You are so right PantherRob, I don't have 9,964 posts on here like you do, I have a life. So, I'll leave it to you to CARRY ON and have at it. I am headed to get some sleep, where I most certainly won't be losing any sleep over this nonsense.
Go Jax make our "mediocre" conference proud.

Yeah, that average of 3 posts a day has really consumed my life.

You still haven't realized that ALL of this is in jest. Stop being such a pussy. It's just the internet. ****. You're obviously not worried about it, you just keep going on and on. I'm over here laughing at you being such a weiner. Learn to understand emojis.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 11:24 PM
There is no way we can win the NC. We play in the OVC and no team from the OVC cant win the NC. Of course, no team from the OVC can win a semi game either.

Finally you get it. xthumbsupx

You can win a semifinal game by playing a team with 7 regular season D-I wins. ;)

Bison56
December 19th, 2015, 11:24 PM
xcoffeex

Drblankstare
December 19th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Bison will win because they got through UNI. That was the best shot for ending this run.

JSU is an extremely talented team, with a great record and they almost beat Auburn, you should be very proud of your team. I just don't think your defense is good enough, your offense is obviously talented but I think you need to score 30 to win this game, I don't see how your getting that with the way the Bison defense has been playing. Best of luck and enjoy the buildup to the game.

Bison56
December 19th, 2015, 11:48 PM
NDSU will run all over the JSU D.

AshevilleApp2
December 19th, 2015, 11:54 PM
JSU has no chance. Might as well not even watch.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:04 AM
JSU has no chance. Might as well not even watch.

Maybe if we were an MVFC team we would stand a chance.

I'm already stocking up on tissues to wipe away my tears when we get beat in Fargo South.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2015, 12:08 AM

We cant win either with all of these white ND farm boys. You have all of that southern speed and your line puts in some extra time at the buffet table. Dont think we can match up with the size. Oh whoa is us!

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:16 AM
We cant win either with all of these white ND farm boys. You have all of that southern speed and your line puts in some extra time at the buffet table. Dont think we can match up with the size. Oh whoa is us!

So since we both can't win, who does?

I vote Kennesaw State, obviously.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2015, 01:06 AM

I gotta go with good old Slippery Rock!

NDSUFREAK
December 20th, 2015, 06:02 AM
So JSU is being allocated 2500 total tickets...so with 500 of the band gone they are only selling 2000 tickets to their fans?? Again, if I was a cocks fan and saw how much of that allotment was going to the band (from what some posters have said) I would freak the **** out.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:09 AM
So JSU is being allocated 2500 total tickets...so with 500 of the band gone they are only selling 2000 tickets to their fans?? Again, if I was a cocks fan and saw how much of that allotment was going to the band (from what some posters have said) I would freak the **** out.

I doubt that we will take 500 tickets. I imagine it will only be around 100 people out of the band in the seats with the rest of us in the end zone. I don't think any of our fans would have a problem with us taking tickets. We used over 700 tickets (and we still didn't fit) at Auburn from our ticket allotment (the game had sold out way beforehand) and no one had a problem with it. People here love us.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 07:14 AM

not buying it Cocky

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2015, 08:24 AM
NDSU defense giving up 45 points that is hilarious.

Dewey
Can you find when the last time NDSU gave up 45 to an opponent was? Even more specifically, the last time giving up 45 to an FCS or D2 opponent.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Always the instigator. I guess we will see.

that was not intended to instigate .... You don't think this Jacksonville State team is the best of the 4 teams you have met in the finals?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Can you find when the last time NDSU gave up 45 to an opponent was? Even more specifically, the last time giving up 45 to an FCS or D2 opponent.

The Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State Bearkats in Huntsville 2009 scored 48.

Most points ever in the 121 year history is 49 against Nebraska Omaha in 2002.

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2015, 08:29 AM

According to Jay Walker, North Carolina A&T are the national champions.

katstrapper
December 20th, 2015, 08:32 AM
I feel like people aren't giving the JSU defense enough credit on here. We just limited the number one offense in the country to 10 points and <300 yards. People thought we would be overpowered by Auburn too.

It's gonna be a good one. Go Cocks.

JSU defense played good, but i think u will have to admit that 24 points off of 4 turnovers is what really slowed the Kat Offense down and didnt allow them to get into any rhythm at all. It was a terrible display of football by a team that is way much better than it showed.

Speaking from experience in 2011 and 2012, good luck to JSU fans finding enough tickets to even make a difference. NDSU fans will have every other ticket besides the ones allotted bought up, not too mention hotels within a reasonable distance. Bison will have 3 weeks to prepare for JSU and that bodes pretty well for them.

Enjoy the experience of Frisco, but be ready for a different Bison team in the championship game.

Prediction: Bison 39-10

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2015, 08:33 AM
The Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State Bearkats in Huntsville 2009 scored 48.

Most points ever in the 121 year history is 49 against Nebraska Omaha in 2002.
so only one instance of allowing at least 45 points since moving up to FCS and it's only happened twice in program history. Hasn't happened once in this title run era.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 08:48 AM
so only one instance of allowing at least 45 points since moving up to FCS and it's only happened twice in program history. Hasn't happened once in this title run era.

and those were 2 of the 3 only losing seasons we've had in 50 years.

But yeah only once to a FCS team.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 08:51 AM

Those soccer stadiums are a different animal. I was at the DII National Championship game at Sporting Park in KC yesterday and a crowd of 16k, mostly Northwest Missouri State fans made it LOUD. We had seats at field level and I was very surprised.

Let me preface that with the caveat that it's not even close to Fargodome loud but with the right motivation that many people can make enough noise to make a difference.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Personally, I hope the band get all of the seats needed. College football should be about the students first then the old folks. Let them have their fun while they are young and can pass the experience along to next generation.

As far as the game goes our advantages will be in the OL and DL. Our depth will be the key to the game. Playing 7 OL and 10-11 DL is hard for opposing team to manage over the course of 4 qts.

The other great thing about this game, the two teams with the toughest bracket placement emerge to the finals.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 09:12 AM
not only does NoDak Estado present a challenge with the intensity and talent they bring, they also do a good job of filibustering the NCAA refs, no doubt somewhere out on the prairie some Bison fan is making a video right now of Barge and how he might have a tendency to push off a bit, Barge is very talented and not only that has a knack for getting calls to go his way..... this will be the key to the game. How will they call the battle between Barge and the North Dakota State secondary.... if history is any indication, it wont go Jacksonville States way

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Personally, I hope the band get all of the seats needed. College football should be about the students first then the old folks. Let them have their fun while they are young and can pass the experience along to next generation.

As far as the game goes our advantages will be in the OL and DL. Our depth will be the key to the game. Playing 7 OL and 10-11 DL is hard for opposing team to manage over the course of 4 qts.

The other great thing about this game, the two teams with the toughest bracket placement emerge to the finals.

In my opinion I'd go the opposite way. Yes your guys are big, but I saw a lot of fat, not in shape, lineman.

Those are they guys that if they constantly get beat on start wearing out in the 3rd and 4th quarter pretty quick.

X-Factor
December 20th, 2015, 09:28 AM

I would say your disadvantage (and it's really not close) in this game is your OL and DL. NDSU is just that strong on the lines.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 09:30 AM
I would say your disadvantage (and it's really not close) in this game is your OL and DL. NDSU is just that strong on the lines.
They will be fine.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 09:31 AM
In my opinion I'd go the opposite way. Yes your guys are big, but I saw a lot of fat, not in shape, lineman.

Those are they guys that if they constantly get beat on start wearing out in the 3rd and 4th quarter pretty quick.
Sure you have watched our games?

ekufbfan
December 20th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Yeah, that average of 3 posts a day has really consumed my life.

You still haven't realized that ALL of this is in jest. Stop being such a pussy. It's just the internet. ****. You're obviously not worried about it, you just keep going on and on. I'm over here laughing at you being such a weiner. Learn to understand emojis.

Yes, bud I do realize this is "just the Internet". Evidently you don't realize that when you post like an azz you most likely are going to get a reply. You started this with your insulting reply to me, please recall you insinuation to my not posting enough to give props to JSU? I also understand passive aggressive behavior and you fit the bill ( look it up!). One other issue here, you certainly assume a lot to be so internet savvy. Do you insult your grandmother or grandfather, calling people " pussy" and " wiener", are you 12 years old?
oh, in case your are offended, this is all in "jest".
And about that "bandwagon" ...GO Gamecocks!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 20th, 2015, 09:37 AM
not only does NoDak Estado present a challenge with the intensity and talent they bring, they also do a good job of filibustering the NCAA refs, no doubt somewhere out on the prairie some Bison fan is making a video right now of Barge and how he might have a tendency to push off a bit, Barge is very talented and not only that has a knack for getting calls to go his way..... this will be the key to the game. How will they call the battle between Barge and the North Dakota State secondary.... if history is any indication, it wont go Jacksonville States way

........AH'D THINK....ZEEBS...CAIN'T HELP BUT BE.....PERSUADED...TA CALLS INSIDE DUH WOOD CHIPPER.......17-18K....UH WHITE NOISE......WHAT STRIPED SHIRT...WOOD WANNAH BRING DAT WRATH UPON HIMSELF.....LIKE DUH MISSED CALL UH OFF-SIDES....AGIN' NORFF DAKOTAH STATE......DAT MADE ANNOUNCERS..REMARK....OF UH MAKE-UP CALL LATER....FO' RICHMOND.....AH SUSPECTED DUH SAME...IN 'NOOGAH......WHEN OURAH HENS.....WENT UP AGIN' DUH MOUSEKETEERS......FINLEY....WAS AT LEAST 80-90+%.....APP FANS....DEY'RE WERE BLACK 'N GOLD...IN DUH VERY ROWS BEHIND US......AN' IT SEEMED AS DAT MANY OUTSIDE DUH STADIUM.....DUH MEAC REFS...WANTED NO PART.....IN PEEIN' ON DEY'RE PARADE (WE WERE CLOCKED BAH APPY......&...NOT SAYIN' REFS LOST IT FO' DUH HENS)...BUT DEY WERE CLEARLY WORRIED 'BOUT UH LYNCHIN'...IN SOME CLOSE ONES....ME AN' MAH POSSE...EASED OUTTAH DERE....WHIFF 8 MINUTES TA GO......OWN-LAH TIME AH'VE EVERAH LEFT UH GAME B/4 DUH GUN...NOW OUTSIDE IN FRISKO.....WON'T HOLD DUH DECIBELS....IT'LL BE LOUD......DON'T THINK REFS WILL BE AS INTIMADATED......xwavexBROCK!xwavex

mgbison
December 20th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I agree, the JSU lines looked big but not in the best of shape.

Hammerhead
December 20th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I thought Richmond had the best OL in FCS and now we are hearing that JSU has the best?

uni88
December 20th, 2015, 09:41 AM

I think it's close but still favors the Bison. Having watched JSU's last 2 games, their lines are legit. Their D is similar to UNI's. Bison line play is some of the best in FCS and has been a consistent driving force behind their championship runs so they have the advantage but it isn't as big a gap as some might assume based on playing an OVC team.

Barge vs. CJ Smith is going to be an interesting matchup. Barge isn't Kupp be he's a heckuva receiver.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

mgbison
December 20th, 2015, 09:46 AM
The best was when ndsu played Towson, and some east coast people were hyping towson's oline as the second coming. Yeah, that didn't work out so well for Towson

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I was really impressed with the pass rush of JSU's D-line. NDSU's O-line will have their hands full. However, I think NDSU can run the ball on JSU enough to keep the pass rush honest. JSU's ability to rotate on the D-line will also be big. Teams that don't sub often on the D-line get worn down by NDSU to the point where the Bison can run at will.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I agree, the JSU lines looked big but not in the best of shape.
Have you seen us? JSU is small on both sides of the ball.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 09:54 AM
The best was when ndsu played Towson, and some east coast people were hyping towson's oline as the second coming. Yeah, that didn't work out so well for Towson

they only had one fan on here.... everyone knew Towson was cursed that year and had no chance.... They lost to Delaware

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Another thing I'll say is that if its as cold as it was last year we may have some JSU folks get hypothermia. Even us North Dakotans were flippin' cold. Game time temp was in the low 30s under cloudy skies and a decent breeze.

Normally in early January the DFW area gets into the low 50s and its even gotten above 60 when I've been down there over championship weekend. Hopefully we're due for better weather this year.

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I remember 2011. It was in the 60s and Fargo was in the 60s that week as well. By far one of the many reasons why Fargo has the strangest weather in the US.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Another thing I'll say is that if its as cold as it was last year we may have some JSU folks get hypothermia. Even us North Dakotans were flippin' cold. Game time temp was in the low 30s under cloudy skies and a decent breeze.

Normally in early January the DFW area gets into the low 50s and its even gotten above 60 when I've been down there over championship weekend. Hopefully we're due for better weather this year.

So the game is to be, Northern weather vs Southern speed? It amazes me on what BS people can think up so their team will have an advantage. And I include myself in this category.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 10:04 AM

I'm already stocking up on tissues to wipe away my tears when we get beat in Fargo South.
If you wait a few weeks the price of tissues will come down just like the game tickets

DA BEAR
December 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM
NDSU 34
JSU 31

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I just hope the Bison can keep it close. It could get ugly with our walk ons going up against their FBS guys.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Not to mention all their southern speed against our slow unathletic white guys.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 10:10 AM
So the game is to be, Northern weather vs Southern speed? It amazes me on what BS people can think up so their team will have an advantage. And I include myself in this category.
I didn't say anything about the weather being an advantage to either team. I'm talking from the fans' perspective. Previously this postseason I've seen a couple references on this board from JSU fans about "cold" weather when temps were in the 60s. If you guys think that's cold you're gonna be miserable if the weather is anything like last year on gameday in Frisco.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I didn't anything about the weather being an advantage to either team. I'm talking from the fans perspective. Previously this postseason I've seen a couple references on this board from JSU fans about "cold" weather when temps were in the 60s. If you guys think that's cold you're gonna be miserable if the weather is anything like last year on gameday in Frisco.
It was a "dry" cold last year so it wasn't that bad

X-Factor
December 20th, 2015, 10:15 AM
So how does JSU travel? Can we count on a substantial tailgate? ISUr did OK last year, but I'm hoping for much more from JSU.

mgbison
December 20th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I'll say it this way. Normally when I see 300 lb lineman they look solid (ndsu, sdsu, uni, etc). JSUs looks fat.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 10:21 AM
So how does JSU travel? Can we count on a substantial tailgate? ISUr did OK last year, but I'm hoping for much more from JSU.
We will send as many as can find tickets. I have no idea what that number is? With NDSU having the Friday game and the past success your fans had a huge advantage on purchasing tickets. JSU would not bring as many as NDSU even with all things being equal.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 10:22 AM
that was not intended to instigate .... You don't think this Jacksonville State team is the best of the 4 teams you have met in the finals?

No. However, they do have enough transfers for me to dislike them. I hope they get blown out. I would rather have lost to Richmond, or UNI then to SEC transfer university. It is embarrassing to the FCS that they will keep calling out where each transfer is from.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I'll say it this way. Normally when I see 300 lb lineman they look solid (ndsu, sdsu, uni, etc). JSUs looks fat.

We have more under 300 than over.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM
No. However, they do have enough transfers for me to dislike them. I hope they get blown out. I would rather have lost to Richmond, or UNI then to SEC transfer university. It is embarrassing to the FCS that they will keep calling out where each transfer is from.

you sound nervous

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2015, 10:29 AM
According to Jay Walker, North Carolina A&T are the national champions.

They can't even claim the mythical "black national championship" because some HBCUs are D-II, aren't they?

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Yes, bud I do realize this is "just the Internet". Evidently you don't realize that when you post like an azz you most likely are going to get a reply. You started this with your insulting reply to me, please recall you insinuation to my not posting enough to give props to JSU? I also understand passive aggressive behavior and you fit the bill ( look it up!). One other issue here, you certainly assume a lot to be so internet savvy. Do you insult your grandmother or grandfather, calling people " pussy" and " wiener", are you 12 years old?
oh, in case your are offended, this is all in "jest".
And about that "bandwagon" ...GO Gamecocks!!

Yet you keep responding. My insulting response was a joke, with emojis. xlolx

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 10:33 AM
you sound nervous

We will eventually lose. Nothing to be nervous about. We still run a FBS level program, while you field a team that wouldn't even crack our top 2 rotation in most positions (except the kicker).

MR. CHICKEN
December 20th, 2015, 10:34 AM

....DUH FAT GUYS...HUNG WHIFF AUBURN........xwavexBROCK!xwavex

BisonTru
December 20th, 2015, 10:36 AM
We will send as many as can find tickets. I have no idea what that number is? With NDSU having the Friday game and the past success your fans had a huge advantage on purchasing tickets. JSU would not bring as many as NDSU even with all things being equal.

The Friday night game had nothing to do with it. The GA sold out at least a week ago.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 10:41 AM
We will eventually lose. Nothing to be nervous about. We still run a FBS level program, while you field a team that wouldn't even crack our top 2 rotation in most positions (except the kicker).

I agree with that, not only are you an FBS team but would be a pretty good one.... Top 25! We have a few players on Defense that might be able to crack your line up but you have to understand that the Delaware admin is getting exactly what they want out of Delaware football......nothing!

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Yeah we did.

2 of our fat guys are all Americans as well and most are all conference.

But I guess that loses it luster when you take into consideration we are a lowly OVC team that gets scared when the temperature drops below 70.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I agree with that, not only are you an FBS team but would be a pretty good one.... Top 25! We have a few players on Defense that might be able to crack your line up but you have to understand that the Delaware admin is getting exactly what they want out of Delaware football......nothing!
Don't speak for me. We are probably as good as a top 50 team. Only our 2013 team was top 25.

chattownmocs
December 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Keys to the game:

1. Can NDSU limit jacksonville states big plays?

Jacksonville states offense has reached a new stratosphere in the postseason. They faced 2 very good, maybe even elite fcs defenses, in their first 2 playoff games and the big plays haven't stopped coming yet. If anyone can prevent these plays it would be ndsu. Its going to be tough to consistently drive the length of the field without huge plays.

2. Can jacksonville states D create negative plays?

While ndsu needs to stop jsus big plays. Jacksonville state needs to take it a step further and create negative plays. Jacksonville state is as good as anyone at doing this. If ndsu stays on schedule they will be very difficult for jsu to stop

3. Can Eli Jenkins avoid costly mistakes?

Eli Jenkins has played at an all time level in the playoffs. One thing that he still has a tendancy to do is put the ball up for grabs. So far he has gotten away with it but ndsu can not only take the ball away, they can score on defense.

4. Can JSU play NDSU to a draw in the kicking game?

Jacksonville state needs another sound performance in the kicking game. If they can play ndsu to a draw there, they have a legitimate shot to claim the national championship.

X-Factor
December 20th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Ok, Cocks. Help me out here. What will your depth chart likely look like?

edit, the one I found looks way old...

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 11:13 AM

Not JSU?

gumby013
December 20th, 2015, 11:14 AM

Here's their game notes from the Sam game. It's in there on page 28.

http://jsugamecocksports.com/documents/2015/12/17//Game14_NCAA345.pdf?id=2265

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 20th, 2015, 11:16 AM
JSU does look fat.

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 11:16 AM

NDSU folks have tried to get too much credit for wins against mostly mediocre FBS competition. But at least they are wins we brag about, why does everyone (I know this post was not from a JSU fan) celebrate this close loss to Auburn. It was a good game, but you didn't finish the job. Turns out despite playing in the SEC Auburn was not too good this year.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 20th, 2015, 11:17 AM

NDSU fans bought tickets months ago, not last Friday night.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 11:18 AM
NDSU favored by 4
I wonder if this includes the 3 points you get for playing at home?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 11:21 AM
NDSU folks have tried to get too much credit for wins against mostly mediocre FBS competition. But at least they are wins we brag about, why does everyone (I know this post was not from a JSU fan) celebrate this close loss to Auburn. It was a good game, but you didn't finish the job. Turns out despite playing in the SEC Auburn was not too good this year.

A bad Auburn is still the equivalent of an FCS powerhouse. They are ranked 36 in Sagarin. It's not that we almost beat them, it's that we led them for 58 minutes and beat them in every stat but score. Regardless of the L, Auburn is still relevant and I'm pretty sure if NDSU had done it they would be talking about it as well.

It's about how we played not how Auburn played.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 20th, 2015, 11:22 AM
A bad Auburn is still the equivalent of an FCS powerhouse. They are ranked 36 in Sagarin. It's not that we almost beat them, it's that we led them for 58 minutes and beat them in every stat but score. Regardless of the L, Auburn is still relevant and I'm pretty sure if NDSU had done it they would be talking about it as well.

Is NDSU 35?

Rollbird5
December 20th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Good luck to both teams! Wish we could have made it again this year, such a fun atmosphere to be in. My prediction will be NDSU 30 JSU 24. Hoping for a well played game that goes down to the wire!

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Is NDSU 35?

51 actually.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Is NDSU 35?
Dont know but JSU is 64

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 20th, 2015, 11:29 AM
51 actually.
What is JSU?

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 11:34 AM

It's about how we played not how Auburn played.

Gotcha, so this is about losing to an FCS powerhouse. So, why didn't I hear all this talk coming into this season due to your loss in the playoffs to an FCS powerhouse SHSU. Kudos for blowing them out this year, I respect wins. This all just sounds too similar to Georgia Southern fans who had hung with Alabama (BTW Alabama was a good FBS team).

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Gotcha, so this is about losing to an FCS powerhouse. So, why didn't I hear all this talk coming into this season due to your loss in the playoffs to an FCS powerhouse SHSU. Kudos for blowing them out this year, I respect wins. This all just sounds too similar to Georgia Southern fans who had hung with Alabama (BTW Alabama was a good FBS team).

Like I said it's not about the loss. It's about how we played that game. Watch the first 58 minutes and you'll see what I'm talking about.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Like I said it's not about the loss. It's about how we played that game. Watch the first 58 minutes and you'll see what I'm talking about.
You got beat. End of story.

MR. CHICKEN
December 20th, 2015, 11:44 AM

.....ONE UH YER GREEN 'N YELLAH BRETHERN....CALLED OUT DUH FAT GUYS...FROM JAX STATE........IGNORANT REMARK........AS WE ALL KNOW......DEY CAN PLAY........DON'T KNOW...IFIN' AS GOOD AS YA'LL....BUT REAL GOOD........&...LET US REMIND DUH BIZONSSSS......'BOUT SOUFF DAKOTAH & DUH GRIZZWALDS.......xwavexBROCK!xwavex

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
You got beat. End of story.

I would take a loss to Auburn over losses from Montana and USD.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I think for all the **** that's going to get thrown back and forth for the next three weeks it's really a pretty simple winning formula. Both teams seem to pride themselves on their lines on both sides of the ball so whoever controls the line of scrimmage wins the game.

You're welcome for my brilliant insights. Now back to your regularly scheduled **** slinging.

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 11:47 AM

A great 58 minutes against a mediocre FBS team. As the season has went on JSU hopefully has gained that killer instinct. I watched that game, and they played quite well. Then they didn't know how to win when it mattered. Great teams close out games. If they are the great team they look like they learned from the loss. Losses help teams grow, but you do not brag about them.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 11:49 AM
A great 58 minutes against a mediocre FBS team. As the season has went on JSU hopefully has gained that killer instinct. I watched that game, and they played quite well. Then they didn't know how to win when it mattered. Great teams close out games. If they are the great team they look like they learned from the loss. Losses help teams grow, but you do not brag about them.

Just like your come from behind win over Youngstown? Why didn't you guys finish the game against USD or Montana?

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I would take a loss to Auburn over losses from Montana and USD.

NDSU certainly did, and hopefully they have improved. Difference being I am not using those games as justification as to why NDSU will win. Both games were letdowns and show NDSU can be beaten.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 11:54 AM
NDSU certainly did, and hopefully they have improved. Difference being I am not using those games as justification as to why NDSU will win. Both games were letdowns and show NDSU can be beaten.

And JSU has improved and I'm using Auburn to show that JSU can beat the odds. Auburn was a 40+ point favorite. If you want to talk about completing game with wins against a great team see UTC 2015 (both times) or our 62 point beat down of an FCS semi finalist.

I'm not saying we will win because we lost to Auburn. I'm saying we play great football and using part of the Auburn as an example.

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 11:56 AM

NDSU did not have the killer instinct they did in years past. Those are bad losses, anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Hopefully NDSU reviewed the games and got better, as I am sure JSU looked to improve after Auburn. But at the end of the day it is a loss and there is no such thing as a good loss (even against Auburn).

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Butt Auburn for 3 weeks!

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2015, 12:01 PM
I'm tapping out. I'll see you guys in 3 weeks.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 12:02 PM
NDSU did not have the killer instinct they did in years past. Those are bad losses, anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Hopefully NDSU reviewed the games and got better, as I am sure JSU looked to improve after Auburn. But at the end of the day it is a loss and there is no such thing as a good loss (even against Auburn).
IMO that game against Auburn would qualify as a moral victory

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Butt Auburn for 3 weeks!
I'm just glad the Bison have never played an FCS team that beat, or played close with, East Carolina. Then it would be Butt Pirates the whole time.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 12:11 PM
xlolx
I'm just glad the Bison have never played an FCS team that beat, or played close with, East Carolina. Then it would be Butt Pirates the whole time.

1992Bison
December 20th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Dude go drunk you're home 😂😂

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 12:52 PM

Thank God!!...we're not in the SunBelt!

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Don't speak for me. We are probably as good as a top 50 team. Only our 2013 team was top 25.

it was my post, my opinion, I think North Dakota State is a top 25 FBS team, it's a shame well never know

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Butt Auburn for 3 weeks!

xnodx

I'm tapping out. I'll see you guys in 3 weeks.

xblahx for the next 3 weeks

X-Factor
December 20th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Here's their game notes from the Sam game. It's in there on page 28.

http://jsugamecocksports.com/documents/2015/12/17//Game14_NCAA345.pdf?id=2265

Thanks!

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 20th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Butt Auburn for 3 weeks!

And NO butt JSU played a crappy conference schedule.

Grizzlies82
December 20th, 2015, 01:48 PM

I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder. Looking at a couple of the NDSU linemen I'm seeing an imminent heart attack in a very young man.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 20th, 2015, 01:52 PM
NDSU -3 is the point spread....

https://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx

Grizzlies82
December 20th, 2015, 01:59 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_0742_zps3d0bd693.jpg

Isn't it amazing how much noise you can generate with whistles.

mgbison
December 20th, 2015, 02:02 PM
300 lbs is never gonna look sexy. I guess we could recruit 270 lb guys and get rolled.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:15 PM
300 lbs is never gonna look sexy. I guess we could recruit 270 lb guys and get rolled.
Our fat boys are that size

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Statistically speaking, we (NDSU) are out matched. Alabama is the number 5 most obese state while ND is only 9... Couple that with their unbelievable band and we may as well stay home...

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Statistically speaking, we (NDSU) are out matched. Alabama is the number 5 most obese state while ND is only 9... Couple that with their unbelievable band and we may as well stay home...

That stand is going to come down and create a mini black hole. 500 band heffers in a small area.

gumby013
December 20th, 2015, 02:55 PM
http://imgur.com/QsYiN1D.jpg

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 02:55 PM
That stand is going to come down and create a mini black hole. 500 band heffers in a small area.
NDSU will drink the town dry while JSU will eat everything

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 03:04 PM
NDSU will drink the town dry while JSU will eat everything

Outside of the band heffers do they get more than 4k? I really doubt it. Fargo South is almost a home field advantage.

2ram
December 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
jax state 38-30

srgrizizen
December 20th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I'm never betting against NDSU. I'll just say this: I hope it comes down to a field goal kicking contest.:)

One more thing JSU. Don't expect your top receiver to show up CJ Smith. He can shut down anyone. However, your 4th string receiver can probably eat #5 for lunch.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM
I'm never betting against NDSU. I'll just say this: I hope it comes down to a field goal kicking contest.:)

One more thing JSU. Don't expect your top receiver to show up CJ Smith. He can shut down anyone. However, your 4th string receiver can probably eat #5 for lunch.
Oh come on! 3rd string max, 4th string would be a good match up lol

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 03:43 PM
jax state 38-30
No way they score that much. Won't have the ball enough possessions for that to happen

srgrizizen
December 20th, 2015, 03:44 PM
nice reply xthumbsupx

BisonBabe
December 20th, 2015, 03:45 PM
I am sure the bands will be in the end zone on the platform as has been the case for the last 4 years. My oldest is excited to make the trip again this year but will travel with the band. I look forward to visiting with as many JSU fans as possible. As always I will have chocolate and taffy (Pride of ND products) for all JSU fans (while supplies last).

number1
December 20th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Jacksonville State 27

North Dakota State 14

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 03:49 PM

This^^^ A lot of the NDSU fans talk about how great CJ is in the secondary, regardless if he shuts down Barge (which no one has done yet, I've seen him beat three defenders at the same time this season, it will be interesting seeing CJ vs. Barge) we still have Gonzalez, Screws, and Merrill who are all top of the line. receivers.

This game is going to be great, every part of our team NDSU has an answer for and vice versa. I think the difference will come down to our receivers vs. NDSU's secondary.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 03:57 PM
This^^^ A lot of the NDSU fans talk about how great CJ is in the secondary, regardless if he shuts down Barge (which no one has done yet, I've seen him beat three defenders at the same time this season, it will be interesting seeing CJ vs. Barge) we still have Gonzalez, Screws, and Merrill who are all top of the line. receivers.

This game is going to be great, every part of our team NDSU has an answer for and vice versa. I think the difference will come down to our receivers vs. NDSU's secondary.
If your O-line can't block NDSU's front 4 it won't matter if you have OBJ and Calvin Johnson outside. The same goes for NDSU's O-line against JSU's defensive front. It all begins and ends with the "big uglies".

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM
If your O-line can't block NDSU's front 4 it won't matter if you have OBJ and Calvin Johnson outside. The same goes for NDSU's O-line against JSU's defensive front. It all begins and ends with the "big uglies".

My opinion is that our O-Line will be able to handle NDSU's D-line enough for Eli to get work done. If all else fails we do quick passes like we did at Auburn against their enormous D-Line. Eli has proven very effective under pressure even when the line breaks down.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 04:13 PM
A CAA officiating crew will work this game.

I pray to everything holy it's not the same crew that worked the NDSU/SDSU game in last year's playoffs and utterly embarrassed themselves multiple times.

uni88
December 20th, 2015, 04:14 PM
My opinion is that our O-Line will be able to handle NDSU's D-line enough for Eli to get work done. If all else fails we do quick passes like we did at Auburn against their enormous D-Line. Eli has proven very effective under pressure even when the line breaks down.

That might work or it might backfire with DeLuca roaming the middle.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 04:14 PM
A CAA officiating crew will work this game.

I pray to everything holy it's not the same crew that worked the NDSU/SDSU game in last year's playoffs and utterly embarrassed themselves multiple times.

The MVFC refs from last night were great.

Thundar
December 20th, 2015, 04:16 PM

Your receivers are not better than Montanas..period

Thundar
December 20th, 2015, 04:20 PM
That might work or it might backfire with DeLuca roaming the middle.

Mj and pierre-gee have bend playing at a really high level also....we have a smart, fast hard hitting LB core

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Montana tried those short passes 3 weeks ago. It didn't turn out so good for them.

hebmskebm
December 20th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Question for Bison fans: What do you think the final score would be this year in an Auburn-NDSU matchup?

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Question for Bison fans: What do you think the final score would be this year in an Auburn-NDSU matchup?
35-7 Bison. But in all seriousness, when are they playing? Week 1 or this week?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 04:35 PM
35-7 Bison. But in all seriousness, when are they playing? Week 1 or this week?

Week 2, just like us.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Week 2, just like us.
24-21 Auburn

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Butt Auburn, I would have never guessed JSU's biggest accomplishment this year was a loss.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I think our biggest accomplishment is beating everyone else we played.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Your receivers are not better than Montanas..period

disagree with this.....Jacksonville State has better WRs than Montana.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 05:34 PM
disagree with this.....Jacksonville State has better WRs than Montana.....

Which game showed you that? Tennessee-Martin or SEMO?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 05:39 PM

The game where we passed for 269 and Barge only touched the ball 9 times and got 3 TD's or the one where we passed for 218 and on only 7 touches Barge had 110 yards and 2 TD's?

For a team that's 4th in nation for rushing we sure do suck at passing.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 05:47 PM
How many teams have you played with a winning record? 4? You play the hand you're dealt. Just win.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 05:59 PM
How many teams have you played with a winning record? 4? You play the hand you're dealt. Just win.

Richmond, UNI, Montana, SDSU, WIU, Weber State, North Dakota. Plus 3 good 5-6 teams that would likely make the playoffs in other leagues- YSU, Indiana State, SD

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Richmond, UNI, Montana, SDSU, WIU, Weber State, North Dakota. Plus 3 good 5-6 teams that would likely make the playoffs in other leagues- YSU, Indiana State, SD

How did the YSU and USD games go for you?

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 06:01 PM
How did the YSU and USD games go for you?
We lost one, and were close to losing the other. What of it?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:03 PM
We lost one, and were close to losing the other. What of it?

Just curious.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 06:05 PM

had to play 2 of them twice.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:07 PM
had to play 2 of them twice.

Because the first attempts at UNI and Montana went well as planned, right?

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Just curious.
We don't transfer 15 players from the FBS to compensate. We lost almost our whole defense last year, and a likely 1st or 2nd round QB in the SD game, and still made it here. Sagarin and Vegas still prefers us.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:11 PM
We don't transfer 15 players from the FBS to compensate. We lost almost our whole defense last year, and a likely 1st or 2nd round QB in the SD game, and still made it here. Sagarin and Vegas still prefers us.

Yeah well I'm sure if we lived in an igloo in South Canada with no FBS schools around to steal our prospects I'm sure we could have the same amount of transfers as NDSU. We don't have 15. We only start 5.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Because the first attempts at UNI and Montana went well as planned, right?
Lol we beat UNI and went 1-1 vs Montana. I forgot at JSU "almost winning" is better than winning ;)

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Lol we beat UNI and went 1-1 vs Montana. I forgot at JSU "almost winning" is better than winning ;)

Well we are only one loss. So we do win. I forgot that at NDSU winning with :35 seconds was considered "quality". ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 06:14 PM
The average Sagarin rating for JSU's opponents is 151. You be the judge.

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Well we are only one loss. So we do win. I forgot that at NDSU winning with :35 seconds was considered "quality". ;)

I thought we won with 0 seconds left.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Yeah well I'm sure if we lived in an igloo in South Canada with no FBS schools around I'm sure we could have the same amount of transfers as NDSU. We don't have 15. We only start 5.
Aren't we touchy? It's okay, the commentators will point them out multiple times in the game. Like I said before it would be shameful that we lose to a team that uses transfers to win. I would have rather lost to Richmond, or Montana than to SEC transfer u.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Well we are only one loss. So we do win. I forgot that at NDSU winning with :35 seconds was considered "quality".
Please tell me how much you know about quality wins with all those national championships at JSU

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Please tell me how much you know about quality wins with all those national championships at JSU

I'll let you know in 3 weeks but your four trophies really helped you with USD didn't it?

Aren't we touchy? It's okay, the commentators will point them out multiple times in the game. Like I said before it would be shameful that we lose to a team that uses transfers to win. I would have rather lost to Richmond, or Montana than to SEC transfer u.

Isn't your starting RB a B1G transfer? Gosh, I can't believe the mighty Bison would stoop so low as to pick up a transfer.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 06:19 PM
How quality was that win over Austin Peay? Just curious....:D

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 06:20 PM
The average Sagarin rating for JSU's opponents is 151. You be the judge.
SOS doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are #1 ranked team getting disrespected for being underdogs.

JSUSoutherner

Well we held them to negative yards until we let the scouts out to play, so not bad. You guys held Missouri state under 100 yards, right?

Christiank22
I'll let you know in 3 weeks but your four trophies really helped you with USD didn't it?
Things like that will happen when you play in a real conference

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Isn't your starting RB a B1G transfer? Gosh, I can't believe the mighty Bison would stoop so low as to pick up a transfer.

He was a NDSU offer who took a PWO at Nebraska and kept in touch with our RB coach.

- - - Updated - - -

SOS doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are #1 ranked team getting disrespected for being underdogs.

Somehow I've heard this song before, every ****ing year.

CommishBigSmooth
December 20th, 2015, 06:22 PM

...and Murray State, and Tennessee State, and Tennessee Tech, and Mississippi Valley State?

The Sagarin ranks 253 teams.

All five of the above are ranked 201 or worse.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Things like that will happen when you play in a real conference

That statement might carry more weight if USD wasn't 5-6.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 06:24 PM

1 transfer that was recruited by NDSU for 2+ years, and flipped to Nebraska. Much different from bringing in mercenaries to win at any cost.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:25 PM
1 transfer that was recruited by NDSU for 2+ years, and flipped to Nebraska. Much different from bringing in mercenaries to win at any cost.
An all-American with a 4.0 in grad school is a mercenary? News to me.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:26 PM
That statement might carry more weight if USD wasn't 5-6.
Lol, when you end up playing an emotional game against the second best team in the country the week before you tend to be a little bit vulnerable.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Well we held them to negative yards until we let the scouts out to play, so not bad. You guys held Missouri state under 100 yards, right?
Serious question for you. I know it's gonna be hard to take it serious but please try to be honest with your answer. What do you think JSU's record would have been if they had played the MVFC conference schedule this year? Let's just say you played your same OOC schedule and a MVFC conference schedule excluding NDSU.

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 06:28 PM

Relax with the transfer stuff. Different teams do things different ways. NDSU takes transfers when they think it is appropriate, JSU does the same (just differing views on when it makes sense). Can it hurt a team in the long run, quite possibly, but that doesn't mean teams are wrong to try winning that way.