PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: NDSU vs Jacksonville State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2016, 08:08 PM
NDSU nerd stat: In the five title games NDSU has outscored opponents 62-16.

Holy crap.

EDIT: Fourth quarter of the title games.

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 08:11 PM
NDSU nerd stat: In the five title games NDSU has outscored opponents 62-16.

Holy crap.
Didn't ISUr score like 27 last year alone?

SUPharmacist
January 17th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Didn't ISUr score like 27 last year alone?

Yes, I am confused, that is not cumulative or avg.

NDB
January 17th, 2016, 08:13 PM
How about a JSU fan summing up NDSU pretty well by saying the more you talk, the more arrogant and self righteous you sound? Pretty similar if you ask me. Your point goes back to JSU fans being excited about being in the NC, and we get nothing but criticized for it. Please, for the love of everything holy, bring the post up that said we were going to kick your asses... Please... If you can find it then you will have a point. If not, then you're just sounding like an arrogant little ass. You have no idea how JSU fans are, dude. Did you go to Frisco and get a chance to hang out with any of us? If so, and that was your opinion afterwards, then shame on those fans. If not, and all you're getting is a supposed post claiming something I have never seen here, then your opinion isn't worth the time you spent typing it.

Scoreboard.

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Sorry guys. I meant in the 4th quarter of the title games.

SUPharmacist
January 17th, 2016, 08:15 PM

Gotcha, it is impressive.

Nickels
January 17th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Then why didn't you just say that the first time to avoid the confusion?

:p

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2016, 08:26 PM
xthumbsupx

Cocky
January 17th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Scoreboard.
LED?

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 09:22 PM
LED?
Ours is tiny. And pink.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Ours is tiny. And pink.
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/23260590.jpg

Cocky
January 17th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Ours is tiny. And pink.
I have seen larger in residential houses.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2016, 10:40 PM
I have seen larger in residential houses.

We're getting new ones this Summer, the only thing we're trying to figure out is if we want them 30x70 or 30x100

Decisions, decisions.....

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 10:43 PM
We're getting new ones this Summer, the only thing we're trying to figure out is if we want them 30x70 or 30x100

Where the heck can you put them? From what I've seen of the dome it doesn't look like you guys have that much space.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Where the heck can you put them? From what I've seen of the dome it doesn't look like you guys have that much space.

hanging from the ceiling on either end zone. Getting 2 of them plus new corner boards.

jsualumnus
January 18th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Scoreboard.

What the hell is this? ...Wapner? 3 o'clock...???

Cocky
January 18th, 2016, 06:32 AM

Ours arent that big in inches.

jsualumnus
January 18th, 2016, 07:36 AM
We have one the sun hits and all the red has faded to pink... I can see the individual bulbs as well...

CockyGeek
January 18th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Auburn's is 32 times bigger than our's.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2016, 11:18 AM
If I were to guess, I would say that display at Burgess-Snow is maybe 18x24?

Cocky
January 18th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Inches?
If that super small then you could be right.

Cocky
January 18th, 2016, 11:25 AM
What sucks is we paid 1.5 million and tried to pay twice. The architect was latter convicted of fraud within the educational system (2yr Community College) but we still took one for the team. Of course our crack staff didnt discover the double bill until informed by outsiders.

jsualumnus
January 18th, 2016, 11:40 AM
So stupid... Unreal!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2016, 11:55 AM
We haven't had a big display scoreboard in the 20 years of the Fargodome. They added cornerboards some years back but even they kind of suck.

Apparently this new project is going to cost in the 7-9 million range. I'm kind of glad we saved up for a big splash.

Funny story - South Dakota State is in Brookings, the home of Daktronics. As recently as 10 years ago they had a scoreboard with the lightbulb numbers and faded tin.

JSUSoutherner
January 18th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Close. 24x14...

Hammersmith
January 18th, 2016, 10:31 PM

They will replace the main scoreboards. The decision right now is to spend $9M and have the entire scoreboard be a videoboard, or spend $7M and have 15'w x 30'h sections on either end be fixed advertising. There will also likely be some type of videoboard or scoreboard on the back sides for the near endzone to have some view.

There are four other fixed scoreboards along the sidelines(you can see one to the left of the main scoreboard). Two boards currently show rush/pass/total yards, and the other two show sacks/turnovers/TFL. I haven't heard for certain what they plant to do with them. They might keep them, replace them with new, or replace them with the current four corner videoboards.

As for the four current videoboards in the corners, I've also heard mixed things. As I said above, they could replace the fixed boards for stats. I've also heard that they may just toss them as the tech is old enough that merging it with the new incoming system would be a major pain. Different resolution, different aspect ratio, different signal format, different everything.

Finally, I've heard they've spent the last year quietly rewiring the entire video distribution network in the FD in preparation for this summer. Apparently not only was the original wiring completely substandard even for the time, but none of it was documented, or at least accurately documented. That meant the rewiring had to start from scratch. At least that's the scuttlebutt.

They've got a lot of questions to answer in the next month in order to order the new boards so they're ready by fall.

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1416_Pregame_Inside_Fargodome

JSUSoutherner
January 18th, 2016, 10:34 PM
They will replace the main scoreboards. The decision right now is to spend $9M and have the entire scoreboard be a videoboard, or spend $7M and have 15'w x 30'h sections on either end be fixed advertising. There will also likely be some type of videoboard or scoreboard on the back sides for the near endzone to have some view.

There are four other fixed scoreboards along the sidelines(you can see one to the left of the main scoreboard). Two boards currently show rush/pass/total yards, and the other two show sacks/turnovers/TFL. I haven't heard for certain what they plant to do with them. They might keep them, replace them with new, or replace them with the current four corner videoboards.

As for the four current videoboards in the corners, I've also heard mixed things. As I said above, they could replaced the fixed boards for stats. I've also heard that they may just toss them as the tech is old enough that merging it with the new incoming system would be a major pain. Different resolution, different aspect ratio, different signal format, different everything.

They've got a lot of questions to answer in the next month in order to order the new boards so they're ready by fall.

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1416_Pregame_Inside_Fargodome
Is it as dark in there as it looks in pictures?

BisonBacker
January 18th, 2016, 11:16 PM
I answered your question but then looked at what I typed and figured it would be taken out of context. It's not that bad. Not a bad seat in the house.

AmsterBison
January 19th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Is it as dark in there as it looks in pictures?

The upper stands are dark but the field is not dark - they had to add a lot of lights to do HD broadcasting.

Thumper 76
January 19th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Funny story - South Dakota State is in Brookings, the home of Daktronics. As recently as 10 years ago they had a scoreboard with the lightbulb numbers and faded tin.

I wondered how the stadium smack would be replaced amongst you bison types. Having to fall back to funny story their scoreboard and stadium used to suck eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
January 19th, 2016, 11:07 AM
I wondered how the stadium smack would be replaced amongst you bison types. Having to fall back to funny story their scoreboard and stadium used to suck eh?

No, as I said, it's a FUNNY STORY. If you want to get offended, go ahead - you're creating the smack in your mind.

You had a ****ty scoreboard for many years AFTER Daktronics, founded by two of your professors, became an industry leader.

How did I discover this? Not as a visiting Bison but during the year I went to SDSU, as a ****ing Jackrabbit. Of course, people weren't so easily offended back then.

Thumper 76
January 19th, 2016, 11:30 AM
No, as I said, it's a FUNNY STORY. If you want to get offended, go ahead - you're creating the smack in your mind.

You had a ****ty scoreboard for many years AFTER Daktronics, founded by two of your professors, became an industry leader.

How did I discover this? Not as a visiting Bison but during the year I went to SDSU, as a ****ing Jackrabbit. Of course, people weren't so easily offended back then.

I'm not offended. Actually I'm pretty hard to offend. You seem offended however with all the swearing. I was making an observation that I found humorous. Sorry I'm not sorry.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 19th, 2016, 11:33 AM
I'm not offended. Actually I'm pretty hard to offend. You seem offended however with all the swearing. I was making an observation that I found humorous. Sorry I'm not sorry.

I like to swear, that's just me. It adds emphasis that I deem appropriate. Your absurd notion that it is automatically smack because it comes from a NDSU poster makes it necessary.