PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: NDSU vs Jacksonville State

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Field looks to be in pretty good shape to me: https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS/status/684127405561098240

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX5zkv3UoAA_ujl.jpg

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 4th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Carson Wentz not listed on 2-deep for the natty during today's press conference....take that for what its worth.
Klieman said Wentz hasn't been medically cleared yet. He said Wentz has doctors appointments Tuesday.

Bisonator
January 4th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Klieman said Wentz hasn't been medically cleared yet. He said Wentz has doctors appointments Tuesday.
That's not what he said.

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2016, 08:15 PM
is this game ever going to be played? to long of a wait as the FCS Championship game floats downstream.... please don't wake me, I'm only Sleeping...

Bisonoline
January 4th, 2016, 09:25 PM
That's not what he said.

So what did he say?

BisonTru
January 4th, 2016, 09:56 PM
So what did he say?

IIRC, he didn't say he wasn't medically cleared he said he was practicing on a limited basis. And I believe the dr appointment was today not Tuesday. Just going of memory tho.

Redbirdz
January 4th, 2016, 10:52 PM
May the best team win.

Bisonoline
January 4th, 2016, 11:12 PM
IIRC, he didn't say he wasn't medically cleared he said he was practicing on a limited basis. And I believe the dr appointment was today not Tuesday. Just going of memory tho.

Just saw it myself and thats pretty much the just of it. Thanks.

Professor Chaos
January 5th, 2016, 12:04 AM
The Bison will be wearing the green "harvest helmets" for the first time in Frisco (and third time ever) along with their gold jerseys and green pants for the title game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX7eryVU0AArYz0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXvnmZjUAAAC0nE.jpg

TheKingpin28
January 5th, 2016, 12:13 AM
I love those helmets, but they are starting to over use them. Though, that combo is going to be beautiful on Saturday.

Gil Dobie
January 5th, 2016, 08:03 AM
is this game ever going to be played? to long of a wait as the FCS Championship game floats downstream.... please don't wake me, I'm only Sleeping...

ARE WE THERE YET
http://media.irishcentral.com/images/are-we-there-yet.jpg

Bisonator
January 5th, 2016, 09:11 AM
I love those helmets, but they are starting to over use them. Though, that combo is going to be beautiful on Saturday.

I knew they would just like the yellow jerseys. One of the reasons I didn't like the idea from the start.

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2016, 09:13 AM

Holy crap. It's been 3 times.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Green helmets are great! Love with the yellow jerseys.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Green helmets are great! Love with the yellow jerseys.

I think they should do the green helmets every time they wear the yellow jerseys....and only on special occasions to keep it fresh.

TheKingpin28
January 5th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Holy crap. It's been 3 times.

The only problem is why name them Harvest Bowl Helmets if you plan on wearing them more than just that event. They will have worn them now 3 out of their last 6 iirc.

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2016, 10:25 AM
I think they should do the green helmets every time they wear the yellow jerseys....and only on special occasions to keep it fresh.

Agreed on both counts. The Yellow Helms + Yellow jerseys just looks tacky.

AmsterBison
January 5th, 2016, 11:13 AM
The only problem is why name them Harvest Bowl Helmets if you plan on wearing them more than just that event. They will have worn them now 3 out of their last 6 iirc.

Because it's reapin' time.

Professor Chaos
January 5th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I consider it a perk of making it this far for the players. If they keep getting 3 home playoff games a year and making it to Frisco they can wear the yellow jerseys and green helmets as much as they want in December/January.

They've actually tapered back the last couple years on wearing the yellow jerseys in the playoffs from what they did in 2011-2013.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 11:35 AM

It's not harvest "bowl" helmets. It's harvest helmets. Sure, it evokes the harvest bowl but with the wheat and our ag school heritage, it has a wider use.

Redbirdz
January 5th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, just wear some helmets.

TennBison
January 5th, 2016, 02:23 PM
That's definitely a conundrum but a problem most coaches wouldn't mind having given the circumstances. I'd have to think if this was the first day Wentz is medically cleared that Stick certainly starts and likely plays the vast majority of snaps. If past years are any indication today and tomorrow are the last real days of game prep and Wednesday-Friday is mostly just fine tuning and trying to stay sharp with no pads and light practices so it would be tough to get everyone back in tune with Wentz with only two days of real practice. But how "limited" Wentz really is in practice is the big key there that nobody knows. Like you said, we'll all have to wait until Saturday to find out.

You may mean it this way, but here is my take. The rest of the team does not need to get in sync with Wentz, it is the opposite, Wentz needs to get in sync with the rest of the players. I doubt that NDSU is practicing for anything different than what Stick has been doing. I am sure that Stick is going to start. And if for some reason Wentz has to come in he will run the same type of offense that Stick has been running (probably minus some of the QB runs). The reason Wentz would be in would be to improve the passing game (not to say we would be in passing mode at that moment, but to open up the run), which would probably mean the run game is struggling and Sticks passing is not cutting it. Sure, and as always with NDSU, the run game is going to be huge, but Sticks passing will probably need to be his best yet to keep JSU from selling out on the run. If not, that is where the chance of Wentz playing a major role comes in.

Sycamore62
January 5th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Maybe off topic because I skipped to post #772 but this layoff has really lost my interest in this game. Here's my solution....move the playoffs back 1 week. I still like the game being played near the FBS championship date. I'd like it played in a close physical proximity like last year (out of chance) too.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Maybe off topic because I skipped to post #772 but this layoff has really lost my interest in this game. Here's my solution....move the playoffs back 1 week. I still like the game being played near the FBS championship date. I'd like it played in a close physical proximity like last year (out of chance) too.

It is being played near the FBS championship date.

Professor Chaos
January 5th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Meh, we already see how bad attendance is around Thanksgiving. Games around Christmas, especially when you're trying to sell tickets the week of Christmas, would be even worse. I think the FCS title game would've made more sense this year and last being played a week earlier than it was (so last year the game would be on 1/3 and this year it would be on 1/2). I think having it this late does get more casual fans because there's no other competition, football wise, in the time slot it's in but it really drags out for those of us that keep the subdivision afloat by supporting the teams in it year round.

If there was a network willing to devote a TV spot for it I think even having it on New Year's Day every year wouldn't be a bad idea. I remember hearing that people watch more football on New Year's Day than any other day of the year (including Super Bowl Sunday or NFL conference championship Sunday). Problem is all those TV spots are full of other sporting events that are tapping into one of the biggest "veg out" days of the year for TV viewers.

TheKingpin28
January 5th, 2016, 02:51 PM
To each their own but I'd like to see them use them once during the regular season and during the playoffs. The UNI game was perfect for it but that's just IMO. It's the same reason why I hate Oregon and their outfits. Pick one and stick to it. That's why I love hockey. Besides the predators, teams generally have 1 helmet and that's it. Unless they are playing in the classic or stadium series, you don't see too much change.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Hey jsualumnus....are you the same guy with that username on twitter crying to the City of Plano about their support/advertisement towards NDSU?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Hey jsualumnus....are you the same guy with that username on twitter crying to the City of Plano about their support/advertisement towards NDSU?

There's a few of them.

3rd Coast Tiger
January 5th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Who won?

Just kidding, it's been too much time between the championship and the semifinals. Good luck to both teams!!!

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2016, 04:39 PM

I've seen his Tweets and they seem to be just as crazy as his posts here. So I'd venture that'd be a big fat yes.

Bison56
January 5th, 2016, 04:45 PM
There's a few of them.

Quite a few. I found it humorous that the city of Plano responded by asking if the Gamecocks had an event happening in the area.xlolx

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Quite a few. I found it humorous that the city of Plano responded by asking if the Gamecocks had an event happening in the area.xlolx

xlolx I'm sure the City of Plano will just be HEARTBROKEN that the hundreds upon hundreds of #StayCocky fans will take their business to some other Dallas suburb.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Talking about changing hotel reservations out of Plano. You'd be lucky to find one in Grapevine at this late date.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Talking about changing hotel reservations out of Plano. You'd be lucky to find one in Grapevine at this late date.

Someone needs to teach these guys what the meaning of the word "Half" is. Plano and other businesses are not alienating "HALF" of the market by targeting NDSU fans. They are gearing towards the people that will actually be there. If I was Plano (or just any other business in the area), I would double down by marketing harder to the NDSU fans going to Frisco.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Look, I've often been seen as arrogant and jerky but I've been at least trying to reach out to some JSU people on Twitter and at least softening my tone a little but these people are taking on an EPIC level of entitlement and butthurt.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Look, I've often been seen as arrogant and jerky but I've been at least trying to reach out to some JSU people on Twitter and at least softening my tone a little but these people are taking on an EPIC level of entitlement and butthurt.

I can understand why a JSU fan would be upset about local organizations/citys/bars etc. marketing solely to NDSU fans, but what I don't get is how they don't understand the rationale behind it. Ask SHSU, ISUr, or Towson fans that attended the previous games why these local entities might sway their support/marketing towards the Bison. It is smart business.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 05:49 PM
I can understand why a JSU fan would be upset about local organizations/citys/bars etc. marketing solely to NDSU fans, but what I don't get is how they don't understand the rationale behind it. Ask SHSU, ISUr, or Towson fans that attended the previous games why these local entities might sway their support/marketing towards the Bison. It is smart business.

Someone wanted to have Scruffy Duffie's host a possible JSU victory party instead of the NDSU block party on Saturday afternoon.

they don't understand these things were set up in advance, it appears.

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2016, 06:20 PM

that's only because there not used to you yet....

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 06:43 PM
You may mean it this way, but here is my take. The rest of the team does not need to get in sync with Wentz, it is the opposite, Wentz needs to get in sync with the rest of the players. I doubt that NDSU is practicing for anything different than what Stick has been doing. I am sure that Stick is going to start. And if for some reason Wentz has to come in he will run the same type of offense that Stick has been running (probably minus some of the QB runs). The reason Wentz would be in would be to improve the passing game (not to say we would be in passing mode at that moment, but to open up the run), which would probably mean the run game is struggling and Sticks passing is not cutting it. Sure, and as always with NDSU, the run game is going to be huge, but Sticks passing will probably need to be his best yet to keep JSU from selling out on the run. If not, that is where the chance of Wentz playing a major role comes in.

The poll on InForum has Stick ahead 65% to 35% for Wentz.

http://www.inforum.com/

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Wouldnt call it smart business for the agency over marketing to visitors for the entire city to piss off any group. The Scuffy Ducky I fully understand this business pushing one side since they are hosting a NDSU get together and its their business. If Im a local business its my choice to choose a side not a local chamber group.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Wouldnt call it smart business for the agency over marketing to visitors for the entire city to piss off any group. The Scuffy Ducky I fully understand this business pushing one side since they are hosting a NDSU get together and its their business. If Im a local business its my choice to choose a side not a local chamber group.

It is if the end result is garnering a larger market share of the predominate target...in this case Bison fans. If pandering to NDSU fans rally a larger share of them to patronize your business or city....it makes sense.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 07:15 PM
The past 4 years....many of the SHSU fans were able to make the trek the day of the game due to proximity (less economic impact....not a slam to their fanbase by any means, but the geography had an impact), Towson fans were an endangered species and really only seen on game day....and I wasn't there, but I think the ISUr crowd was scattered/sparse for the pregame impact as well...just maybe to a lesser extent than the prior 3 years. What is going to be different this year with JSU?

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 07:19 PM
It is if the end result is garnering a larger market share of the predominate target...in this case Bison fans. If pandering to NDSU fans rally a larger share of them to patronize your business or city....it makes sense.
If you own a small restaurant who may have gotten a group of 50-100 JSU fans to visit your establishing it doesnt make sense. Plus if your the owner it wasnt your decision to alienate a group of potential customers. You can made up anything you want but under the structure of this organization this was a stupid move.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 07:27 PM
If you own a small restaurant who may have gotten a group of 50-100 JSU fans to visit your establishing it doesnt make sense. Plus if your the owner it wasnt your decision to alienate a group of potential customers. You can made up anything you want but under the structure of this organization this was a stupid move.

Are you going to Frisco?

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 07:33 PM
As of this morning JSU was still trying to sell some of its 2500 ticket allotment. But JSU fans all over keep saying they will have over 5000 fans at the game.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 07:35 PM
As of this morning JSU was still trying to sell some of its 2500 ticket allotment. But JSU fans all over keep saying they will have over 5000 fans at the game.

2k allotment. 500 already went to the band.

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Who has these tickets for sale? JSU, the university, did not have any for sale yesterday.

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Are you going to Frisco?
My plans are not to go but to deer hunt. Long ways to travel for a game which doesnt involve my kids and I like high school ball better. I could change my mind by Saturday and show up.

Should be a good game or at least I hope neither team blow out the other.

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 07:47 PM
If NDSU has 30,000 fans traveling to Frisco why havent they purchased the JSU tickets? The NCAA had tickets available the last I checked. Little confused? If someone will go search back before or at the start of the playoffs, I said JSU would have 2-3,000 (I hope that the correct number) attend the game. Our fans arent going to drive or fly 750 miles during school to a game. Most of our local fans do not the money to take an unplanned trip.

centennial
January 5th, 2016, 07:53 PM
How does it make sense for them to try to pander to 1.5k people vs 15k+? You guys should just find a bar that will take your party. There are plenty of big establishments in Dallas, and even in the 30 minute radius from Frisco that can accommodate a few hundred.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2016, 07:55 PM
My plans are not to go but to deer hunt. Long ways to travel for a game which doesnt involve my kids and I like high school ball better. I could change my mind by Saturday and show up.

Should be a good game or at least I hope neither team blow out the other.

Fair enough...I'm not able to make it this year again either due to financial things (hopefully done with them now...long story). I was just curious...did JSU organize any activities, sponsored by any local businesses, where JSU fans can congregate on Friday (or even Thursday)? Did you have any alumni association advertise places to go/things to do....any marketing by the JSU athletic department for ideas? Did JSU contact any businesses to organize anything?

Green1
January 5th, 2016, 07:55 PM
If NDSU has 30,000 fans traveling to Frisco why havent they purchased the JSU tickets? The NCAA had tickets available the last I checked. Little confused? If someone will go search back before or at the start of the playoffs, I said JSU would have 2-3,000 (I hope that the correct number) attend the game. Our fans arent going to drive or fly 750 miles during school to a game. Most of our local fans do not the money to take an unplanned trip.

Yeah, that's just a crazy idea. xcrazyx

JSUSoutherner
January 5th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Yeah, that's just a crazy idea. xcrazyx
With the amount of Bison fans that budget in Frisco every year, the year the Bison don't make Frisco is the year that the liquor stores in ND make more money than the oil companies.

After all, that money has got to go somewhere.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Who has these tickets for sale? JSU, the university, did not have any for sale yesterday.

From Bisonville today:

"Their ticket order form is still on their website just now on the morning of the 5th."

"As far as their allotment, don't know for sure. But looking at the secondary market, there's a lot of seats up for sale in their sections. If I was going with a group of buddies, I'd be all over it. There's even 4 tickets about 40 yard line front row behind their bench. I'd have a blast in those seats!"

I read somewhere a JSU alumn was saying there was still 300 tickets left out of the allotment, last night of this morning. I can't find the quote. If I find it I will post it.

X-Factor
January 5th, 2016, 08:09 PM
There won't be room to stand let alone sit in some of the Frisco bars. The last thing they are worried about is a few JSU fans.

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM
How does it make sense for them to try to pander to 1.5k people vs 15k+? You guys should just find a bar that will take your party. There are plenty of big establishments in Dallas, and even in the 30 minute radius from Frisco that can accommodate a few hundred.
If your a local, Plano, business the Visit Plano shouldnt be the decision maker on who is invited to your establishment. Most sane people understand these organization will pander to everyone hoping to get every dollar possible. Soliciting all fans normally doesnt turn off anyone from any side and in this case wouldnt have kept a single NDSU fan from visiting any Plano establishment. Any individual business want to cater to a single team should at there own choosing. None of my businesses would be part of an organization which handle marketing in these manners.

As I stated above, I love high school football but our companies donate several dollars to all of our rivals. Business is business and sports are sports and the two, in these cases, should be mixed.

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 08:17 PM
From Bisonville today:

"Their ticket order form is still on their website just now on the morning of the 5th."

"As far as their allotment, don't know for sure. But looking at the secondary market, there's a lot of seats up for sale in their sections. If I was going with a group of buddies, I'd be all over it. There's even 4 tickets about 40 yard line front row behind their bench. I'd have a blast in those seats!"

I read somewhere a JSU alumn was saying there was still 300 tickets left out of the allotment, last night of this morning. I can't find the quote. If I find it I will post it.
A local news org. stating on the 4th all tickets have been sold. Yesterday, JSU would not sale any to a family member of my. Stated none were available, but we have bought tickets through other avenues.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/30882588/jsu-students-excited-about-fcs-championship-game

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 08:19 PM
There won't be room to stand let alone sit in some of the Frisco bars. The last thing they are worried about is a few JSU fans.
Correct, some, if your VisitPlano you want the some to be all or even more. You can have all of the stupid pride in the world but send me all of your dollars. I will yell for anyone for enough money.

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2016, 08:20 PM

I heard the Bison fans are a little lighter in the wallet this year, seeing the price of gas and the tumbleweed blowing across the street in that container town up in the NW part of the state...... boom goes bust, on the bright side, Putin, Nigeria and Venezuela are in the same boat

Green1
January 5th, 2016, 08:22 PM
With the amount of Bison fans that budget in Frisco every year, the year the Bison don't make Frisco is the year that the liquor stores in ND make more money than the oil companies.

After all, that money has got to go somewhere.

LOL. Just wait, after this year when Frisco runs out of tuba grease and slide oil, the band supply stores will be pandering to you guys next year and Bison fans will have their shorts in a bunch!

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 08:22 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/story/1629435-bisonreport-radio-1-04-16

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03H6iCGE0tg&feature=youtu.be

NDSU championship Hype video.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 09:00 PM
http://news.delta.com/airline-champions-add-another-trophy

Bisonoline
January 5th, 2016, 09:02 PM
JSU fans crying over a Plano twitter snub. Much crying going on. xlolx

Bisonoline
January 5th, 2016, 09:09 PM
I heard the Bison fans are a little lighter in the wallet this year, seeing the price of gas and the tumbleweed blowing across the street in that container town up in the NW part of the state...... boom goes bust, on the bright side, Putin, Nigeria and Venezuela are in the same boat

The state govt? Yes. The majority of fans? No.

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 09:27 PM
http://news.delta.com/airline-champions-add-another-trophy
Does NDSU fly commercial?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 09:35 PM

Do you think any of those other teams do?

Cocky
January 5th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Do you think any of those other teams do?
Who are the other teams? JSU? JSU doesnt fly commerical but we dont fly very often.

Hammersmith
January 5th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Who are the other teams? JSU? JSU doesnt fly commerical but we dont fly very often.
Did you bother to click the link? I counted 5 NFL, 4 MLB, 3 NBA, 1 NHL, plus Duke, Ohio St, Bama, Auburn, and the Bison.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/about-delta/business-programs/charter-flights.html

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 5th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Delta Charter.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you bother to click the link? I counted 5 NFL, 4 MLB, 3 NBA, 1 NHL, plus Duke, Ohio St, Bama, Auburn, and the Bison.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/about-delta/business-programs/charter-flights.html

You beat me to it.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2016, 10:02 PM

You just needed Bama and Auburn.

In fact, you just needed Auburn.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2016, 06:15 AM
JSU fans crying over a Plano twitter snub. Much crying going on. xlolx

Bulletin board material. Might be just enough to pull the Cocks out!:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Fair enough...I'm not able to make it this year again either due to financial things (hopefully done with them now...long story). I was just curious...did JSU organize any activities, sponsored by any local businesses, where JSU fans can congregate on Friday (or even Thursday)? Did you have any alumni association advertise places to go/things to do....any marketing by the JSU athletic department for ideas? Did JSU contact any businesses to organize anything?

Fair weather fan?

:D

Bison56
January 6th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Bulletin board material. Might be just enough to pull the Cocks out!:D

Also can add that they are the "visiting team" to the board.

gumby013
January 6th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Home team in Texas, Castle Doctrine applies.

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2016, 08:57 AM
So this is something new. Apparently Klieman elaborated a little further about Wentz's medical status on his national teleconference than he did for his local press conference: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/jacksonville_state_preparing_f_2.html

"We're excited where Easton's at right now, and being a redshirt freshman, where the future is for that position," Klieman said. "As far as Carson is concerned, we'll all find out on Saturday whether he'll play or not. He's not been cleared yet and we'll continue to progress."

Grass obviously isn't buying it:

"I would definitely think that [Wentz is] playing in this game," Jacksonville State coach John Grass said. "He's had enough time to recover and play. And it's his last football game with his guys, so why wouldn't he play? We're definitely preparing as though he's playing."

So Klieman is still claiming that Wentz hasn't been medically cleared yet. Something seems pretty fishy to me here because he's been throwing for a month now (since the week before the quarterfinal against UNI). I wonder if Klieman is using the term "cleared" in a very general sense. In any case we're still not gonna find out until gameday whether he is playing but I'm guessing that comment from Klieman will pour more gas on the fire of the "should he play?" debate that many of us Bison fans have been arguing amongst ourselves about for the last month.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2016, 09:03 AM
So this is something new. Apparently Klieman elaborated a little further about Wentz's medical status on his national teleconference than he did for his local press conference: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/jacksonville_state_preparing_f_2.html

So Klieman is still claiming that Wentz hasn't been medically cleared yet. Something seems pretty fishy to me here because he's been throwing for a month now (since the week before the quarterfinal against UNI). I wonder if Klieman is using the term "cleared" in a very general sense. In any case we're still not gonna find out until gameday whether he is playing but I'm guessing that comment from Klieman will pour more gas on the fire of the "should he play?" debate that many of us Bison fans have been arguing amongst ourselves about for the last month.

Yes, make JSU prep for both.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Fair weather fan?

:D

Broke. xlolx Better days are on the horizon.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 09:21 AM

Or...his wrist hasn't healed well. The spot of the break can be a bitch to heal/repair.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Broke. xlolx Better days are on the horizon.

Find a ride...I have a ticket for you. No charge!

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Find a ride...I have a ticket for you. No charge!

No dice....gonna have to trust me on this one. Already made the trip to Missoula this year over and above what I should. Its a long story that I already kinda elaborated on in the lounge (yeah...no one probably read it).

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Or...his wrist hasn't healed well. The spot of the break can be a bitch to heal/repair.
That's possible but if that's the case I can't imagine they would've had the cast off and been letting him grip and throw a football for a month now.

Hammerhead
January 6th, 2016, 09:39 AM
The oil wells are on the other side of the state and Williston is a 6 hour drive from Fargo.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 6th, 2016, 10:44 AM

Video from the last practice has Wentz throwing to somebody, and Stick running the offense.

THE HERD
January 6th, 2016, 10:44 AM
This may have been touched on already, but has anyone heard is JSU's standout DT that was injured for a lot of the season going to be playing? Don't recall his name, but from what I hear he is probably their best Dlineman and is a pro prospect as are a couple other of their Dlineman.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2016, 11:43 AM

Why do you guys fan the rumors that people from North Dakota like to drink........a lot? Is dark, cold and dreary up there or something?

BEAR
January 6th, 2016, 11:45 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/10398327_451621108365889_974930861972528459_n.jpg? oh=16bb0b32aae2fab866027b3dbdb24652&oe=57061494

Bisonator
January 6th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Why do you guys fan the rumors that people from North Dakota like to drink........a lot? Is dark, cold and dreary up there or something?

Rumors? Them be facts!;)

CockyGeek
January 6th, 2016, 11:50 AM
This may have been touched on already, but has anyone heard is JSU's standout DT that was injured for a lot of the season going to be playing? Don't recall his name, but from what I hear he is probably their best Dlineman and is a pro prospect as are a couple other of their Dlineman.
Fanning? He's still in a cast riding around on a scooter.

X-Factor
January 6th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Buy me a beer and I'll give you the story...

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I read a story the other day about the long term risks and dangers of drinking. After that I decided that I was done... no more reading!

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I read a story the other day about the long term risks and dangers of drinking. After that I decided that I was done... no more reading!

good one, people never knew how sick they were until Webmed came out.......

Bronco
January 6th, 2016, 01:24 PM
I don't watch basketball so I haven't been on ESPN all week. Are they promoting the game?

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Hey #StayCocky fans...better add these guys to your twitter war.

NSFW....ish

https://twitter.com/TightEndsPlano

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Hey #StayCocky fans...better add these guys to your twitter war.

NSFW....ish

https://twitter.com/TightEndsPlano

Even if I was a sanctimonious JSU fan, that would be tough to boycott.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 6th, 2016, 07:05 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12508685_10101662803545455_7722204349548295357_n.j pg?oh=a6c46e83f72b0551212cf009472eb833&oe=5743210C

The migration has started!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2016, 07:12 PM
A lot of people love that Nebraska City hwy 75 route.

I tried it once. Since I'm east of Topeka, it doesn't save me any time.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 09:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYFoUpzUwAAF0iq.jpg:large

Fly by for the Natty brought to you by the B-52s out of Minot, ND. :D

IBleedYellow
January 6th, 2016, 10:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k674uLgKKJ8
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYFoUpzUwAAF0iq.jpg:large

Fly by for the Natty brought to you by the B-52s out of Minot, ND. :D

BisonFan02
January 7th, 2016, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k674uLgKKJ8

Random weird fact....I grew up in Minot, and for the longest time I could remember B-52s being out and about quite a bit in the area. That natty (#2 of the run) was the first one I was able to attend. When the B-52 made the flyby during the anthem (unaware it was going to happen)....yeah. #grownmantears xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 7th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Time to make the trek to Frisco!!!

dewey
January 7th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Time to make the trek to Frisco!!!

HELL YEAH! Drive safe.

We are leaving Minneapolis at 10 headed to the Kansas City Harrah's. I am more excited for this game as I am brining my almost 6 year old son with me.

Dewey

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2016, 07:36 AM

ND ain't another Delaware ;)

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Travel safely guys! If you see a JSU family of 4 with a big redheaded son, maybe a future Gamecock, about 6-4, a beautiful redheaded wife and a beautiful redheaded daughter who is a future JSU cheerleader, please say hello!!!!

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Travel safely guys! If you see a JSU family of 4 with a big redheaded son, maybe a future Southerner, about 6-4, a beautiful redheaded wife and a beautiful redheaded daughter who is a future JSU Southerner, please say hello!!!!
FIFY xthumbsupx

We make the trek out to Texas tonight. Leaving about midnight, arriving in Texas about 2, hopefully. Gotta love them 14 hour bus trips.

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 09:02 AM
FIFY xthumbsupx

We make the trek out to Texas tonight. Leaving about midnight, arriving in Texas about 2, hopefully. Gotta love them 14 hour bus trips.

I don't remember our long ones!!! xdrunkyx

NDSUtk
January 7th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Travel safely guys! If you see a JSU family of 4 with a big redheaded son, maybe a future Gamecock, about 6-4, a beautiful redheaded wife and a beautiful redheaded daughter who is a future JSU cheerleader, please say hello!!!!
Better clarify age of said daughter. Just for safety's sake.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Cocky
January 7th, 2016, 09:27 AM

No, I saw delta.com.
Would be great to get a middle seat between to OLs.

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 09:31 AM
I don't remember our long ones!!! xdrunkyx
I already have a plan in the works. xnodx

BisonFan02
January 7th, 2016, 09:34 AM
I already have a plan in the works. xnodx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahDEcy9Ssc

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Better clarify age of said daughter. Just for safety's sake.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14, man...... 14.... 10 'il getcha 20... xlolx

NDSUtk
January 7th, 2016, 10:58 AM
14, man...... 14.... 10 'il getcha 20... xlolx
Dually noted. Eyes up.

BisonBacker
January 7th, 2016, 11:02 AM
The Migration is in full swing

!http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22093&stc=1

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 12:21 PM
The Migration is in full swing

!http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22093&stc=1
Why exactly do you have a tracker for other NDSU fans? This is like NSA levels of creep.

IBleedYellow
January 7th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Why exactly do you have a tracker for other NDSU fans? This is like NSA levels of creep.
It's an app that Bison fans install and check in.

Willingly.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 12:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahDEcy9Ssc

Change "booth" to "bus" and you have the typical marching band bus ride.

http://youtu.be/Xqcn16pBcOM

It's an app that Bison fans install and check in.

Willingly.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk Noted. 'Twas merely in jest.

BisonTru
January 7th, 2016, 12:29 PM

Most of our fan base aren't criminals and DGAF who knows where they are. Crazy.

dewey
January 7th, 2016, 12:30 PM
We just left Clear Lake Iowa headed for Kansas City. Woo-hoo!

Go Bison!

Dewey

thebootfitter
January 7th, 2016, 12:36 PM
We just left Clear Lake Iowa headed for Kansas City. Woo-hoo!
Have a fun road trip, Dewey!

I'm still sitting in my office in Seattle. I fly out early tomorrow morning, though. Can't wait!

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Most of our fan base aren't criminals and DGAF who knows where they are. Crazy.
Woah, you mean that if, like, I'm not, like, a criminal that no one, like, cares what I do or, like, where I am?

It's a conspiracy, man. The establishment is , like, trying to hold you down, man.

dewey
January 7th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Have a fun road trip, Dewey!

I'm still sitting in my office in Seattle. I fly out early tomorrow morning, though. Can't wait!

I noticed you said sitting in the office and not working...LOL! This is my first year driving down.

Somewhere in Iowa:-)

Dewey

BisonTru
January 7th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Woah, you mean that if, like, I'm not, like, a criminal that no one, like, cares what I do or, like, where I am?

It's a conspiracy, man. The establishment is , like, trying to hold you down, man.

You ****ers and your grass. I wouldn't expect a large audience for your throw a wand in the air show.

Bison fans - peeing.

Cock lovers - munchies.

Professor Chaos
January 7th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Wentz misses media session due to a "head cold".

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3919306-bison-qb-wentz-misses-media-session-frisco-due-illness

Now I've seen it all xlolx

Twentysix
January 7th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Lol, I think he has a case of secret weapon.

BisonFan02
January 7th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Lol, I think he has a case of secret weapon.

xlolx

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 7th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Wentz is REALLY sick. He has a fever and is sick.

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/bison-central/983/update-on-carson-wentz-health-1/

TennBison
January 7th, 2016, 08:52 PM
I heard on 790 today that JSU fans were a little peeved that the city of Plano had the nerve to show just a little to much love for NDSU on their twitter page or something like that. Does anyone have a link to this. I found it to be hilarious that those JSU twitter fans actually think they have done anything to deserve a welcome back congrats considering they have not even been there before.

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Dude, it's old news...

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Dually noted. Eyes up.

Ha!!!

gumby013
January 7th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Keeping with tradition, NDSU lost the BBQ Bowl for the fifth year in a row.

Redbirdz
January 7th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Hey, when it's all said and done, Jax State wins.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Dude, it's old news...

old... maybe, News? not even close

jsualumnus
January 8th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Right on...

AmsterBison
January 8th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Things were getting a little slow today... then North Dakota media giant ForumComm got caught 'shopping a photo of Bison fans.

Shopped on top, original on bottom:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1575/24146792142_e5ee2b055a_z.jpg

X-Factor
January 8th, 2016, 03:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/b6112577aba9e14b440ea3fa32b3972b.jpg

Cooking some game birds on the grill in the tailgate lot at Toyota Stadium

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Some guy named Wentz is starting.

F'N Hawks
January 8th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Going with Wentz. Interesting move for both parties. He gets hurt and his draft stock could drop due to no exposure at Combine or Senior Bowl.

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Some guy named Wentz is starting.
Good.

X-Factor
January 8th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Things were getting a little slow today... then North Dakota media giant ForumComm got caught 'shopping a photo of Bison fans.

With the inevitable death of print newspapers drawing closer every year, I can't help but hope FORUM comm is one of the casualties. They are extremely desperate and ethics has clearly gone out the window. Disgraceful organisation.

On top of that it is sad that Fargo has to put up with such douchebaggery.

Twentysix
January 8th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I was all for "stick"ing with Easton... that being said, I hope Ginger Jesus torches JSU.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22100&stc=1

Drblankstare
January 8th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Wentz is the right call. Without him last year there is no shot at a 5 peat.

UNIFanSince1983
January 8th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Wentz is the right call. Without him last year there is no shot at a 5 peat.

I am not convinced Wentz is the right move. Is he the better QB? No doubt. It seems hard though when you have gone 8 games with Stick at QB and the team has really gelled from that point on. Wentz has now not played a game since October 17th so closing in on 3 months after having a broken wrist. It looks like a risky move from my perspective. Now he could go out there and prove me wrong, and NDSU could dominate, but I would be wary. I would have stuck with Stick, and then bring in Wentz if it is necessary.

I am not sure it matters who plays QB for NDSU with the way the defense and the running game has been playing. It seems with the program right now to just be plug and play. Either NDSU is great at getting QBs or the QB really doesn't matter much for them.

BisonBacker
January 8th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I'm torn on this one but I'm not surprised they are starting him. As a matter of fact I told one of my co workers this would happen

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I'm torn on this one but I'm not surprised they are starting him. As a matter of fact I told one of my co workers this would happen

I asked one of my co-workers if they were watching the FCS Championship game tomorrow and I got a blank stare.... a really blank one

X-Factor
January 8th, 2016, 04:43 PM
JSU tailgate scene......LOLz. This is 5x worse than ISUr and even Towsen, as unbelievable as that may sound. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/3ca681769cc860b324469a182ea294a8.jpg

AmsterBison
January 8th, 2016, 04:52 PM
I asked one of my co-workers if they were watching the FCS Championship game tomorrow and I got a blank stare.... a really blank one

Wait, do they have mirrors where you work?

gumby013
January 8th, 2016, 04:52 PM
JSU tailgate scene......LOLz. This is 5x worse than ISUr and even Towsen, as unbelievable as that may sound. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/3ca681769cc860b324469a182ea294a8.jpg

I count three rigs, that's three times better than Towson.

bisonguy
January 8th, 2016, 06:24 PM

Nice to see they're displaying school colors by painting the curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Factor
January 8th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Bison pep fest. Still a while before things kick off
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160109/4778d3abd5d2f5ffd0d28ceb02d9188b.jpg

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Oh Goodness, I hope that this can be blamed on the fact that this was travel day for the Gamecock following. We left at midnight last night and didn't land in Frisco until around 4-5. Not too many people left as early as we did. Hopefully we have a bit better showing tomorrow.

As for NDSU, I was expecting a little more than a 1/4 of a parking lot to be full by now.

Hammersmith
January 8th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Oh Goodness, I hope that this can be blamed on the fact that this was travel day for the Gamecock following. We left at midnight last night and didn't land in Frisco until around 4-5. Not too many people left as early as we did. Hopefully we have a bit better showing tomorrow.

As for NDSU, I was expecting a little more than a 1/4 of a parking lot to be full by now.

Ummm, I don't even think the lots were supposed to be open tonight. The fact that rigs are being allowed to park the night before(for $40) is getting passed around basically by word of mouth. People on the ground down there should be able to confirm. (I'm stuck working in ND.)

Tomorrow morning will be something completely different.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2016, 09:06 PM
I can't believe we're a little more than 12 hours from kick off!! It's about time!

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 8th, 2016, 09:58 PM

KVLY calling the forum rag out.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Bison-fans-never-wrote-signs-saying-they-wanted-to-take-on-Bama-364707161.html

X-Factor
January 8th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Channel 5 news from Dallas is doing a segment on the Bison. Airing live at 11.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160109/bbe6ad695272488398bbd89ba8d337bd.jpg

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 8th, 2016, 10:03 PM
I have been blocked, from commenting, on the forum rag facebook page. I guess the forum rag doesn't believe in the first amendments right to free speech.

UNIFanSince1983
January 9th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Wait you guys really want Bama?

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 01:39 AM
You can read my preview of the game here:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/1049-jacksonville-state-north-dakota-state-set-for-championship-showdown

CockyGeek
January 9th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Whoever the Bison fan was that hacked into my account and changed my password from Plano and then tried to access my Google account, you are human garbage.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me whose IP address this belongs to:

Herder
January 9th, 2016, 04:50 AM

When you have 2QB situation like this, you often time have guys that both want to start and don't get along that well, resulting in a split locker room. That is not the case here. The locker room is unified behind Wentz, including Stick.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Game day!!!

GO BISON

Hammerhead
January 9th, 2016, 05:39 AM
Even the Frisco Heritage Museum is rocking Bison colors -- Sorry JSU.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/gjhammer/2015%20FCS%20championship%20game/Green_zpsgyguywe8.jpg (http://s707.photobucket.com/user/gjhammer/media/2015%20FCS%20championship%20game/Green_zpsgyguywe8.jpg.html)

Hammerhead
January 9th, 2016, 05:43 AM
We saw that in our hotel room Friday night. Lookin' good, Billy Ray!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/video/#!/news/local/Jacksonville-State-Fans-Dont-Feel-Same-Welcome/364720661

Channel 5 news from Dallas is doing a segment on the Bison. Airing live at 11.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160109/bbe6ad695272488398bbd89ba8d337bd.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Game time is going to have 20 mph winds with gusts up to 30...passing game might be hindered some for both teams.

Grind out drives for the Bison.

IBleedYellow
January 9th, 2016, 07:01 AM
Game time is going to have 20 mph winds with gusts up to 30...passing game might be hindered some for both teams.

Grind out drives for the Bison.
Looks like the State of ND brought our wind with us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Looks like the State of ND brought our wind with us.

There are a ton of Bison fans down here. Attendance will be interesting. JSU will probably have what Ill State had last year....2-3K.

Twentysix
January 9th, 2016, 07:28 AM
There are a ton of Bison fans down here. Attendance will be interesting. JSU will probably have what Ill State had last year....2-3K.

So far I've seen about 75 bison fans per Jackson state fan

Big_Fan
January 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM

I am surprised there are any Jackson State fans there.

Drblankstare
January 9th, 2016, 07:32 AM
You know it's a good day when your up at 6 prepping food and having an Irish coffee, getting ready for the game. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2016, 07:34 AM

I haven't saw one yet.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 07:40 AM
UND brought a lot of fans. We get it.

Also: this weather is garbage.

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2016, 08:04 AM
UND brought a lot of fans. We get it.

Also: this weather is garbage.

What is/has been the weather there? Temps?

TennBison
January 9th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Whoever the Bison fan was that hacked into my account and changed my password from Plano and then tried to access my Google account, you are human garbage.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me whose IP address this belongs to:

The Alabama State Penitentiary.

Daytripper
January 9th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Good luck to both teams. I hope it is a clean game with no injuries. Represent FCS to the nation! May the best team win..

FUBeAR
January 9th, 2016, 08:55 AM

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=170.170.59.138

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2016, 09:27 AM
http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=170.170.59.138

Ouch! Someone went to some trouble - its a FedEx office near Plano! Looks overcast, cold and windy in Frisco today according to pics posted. Also according to my calendar last years game was at noon Central, 1PM Eastern. Why the change. Couldn't make it this year as my mom had heart attack just before Xmas. She's doing well but felt guilty about decamping for Texas under the circumstances. Next year for my fifth anniversary! I went in 2012!

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 09:34 AM
What is/has been the weather there? Temps?
Low 40's, cloudy, misty, 20mph wind

The only thing under my uniform is a t-shirt and basketball shorts. Please send thermals.

Daytripper
January 9th, 2016, 09:40 AM

The only thing under my uniform is a t-shirt and basketball shorts. Please send thermals.

Welcome to Texas. If you don't like the weather, don't worry. Hang out a few hours and it will likely change.

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2016, 09:43 AM

Yikes! Light snow just to the north of you across border in southern Oklahoma according to latest TWC track. It would be weird like the snow they got for the Sun Bowl in El Paso this year!

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Apparently it's starting to flurry outside. I wouldn't know, I'm in the bathroom hiding from the wind with about 100 other Southerners.

I now see why Frisco won the contract extension. This is a fantastic stadium.

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 10:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160108/b6112577aba9e14b440ea3fa32b3972b.jpg

Cooking some game birds on the grill in the tailgate lot at Toyota Stadium
Wish I was hanging out with you.

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2016, 10:12 AM

Yep, Bank called me the other day and told me there were several runs on my account ..... all leads point to North Dakota haha

Drblankstare
January 9th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Have fun today everyone, should be another great showcase for the FCS.
No prediction from me this year, if you saw my bracket then you would know why. I'm guessing it will be a similar to last years game, whomever has the ball last type of deal. Enjoy

Ivytalk
January 9th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Let's get it on! This is almost as bad as the run-up to the Super Bowl.

X-Factor
January 9th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Wish I was hanging out with you.
We are making more post game win or lose! North end of lot...

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 10:36 AM

Good.

veinup
January 9th, 2016, 11:01 AM
please let the nightmare end

Bronco
January 9th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Part of ESPN's no promotion of the game
No sound to start the game

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Nice for the ESPN broadcast to be completely silent during all of the intro stuff.

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Wentz looks sharp early when he is getting time to throw.

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Good job by Jacksonville State to force a FG attempt after a strong opening drive by NDSU. 3-0 Bison after a six-minute, 75-yard drive.

RootinFerDukes
January 9th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Wow no sound on the broadcast for the first two minutes.

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:12 AM
What did everyone think of Easton Stick lining up in the slot and going in motion on the Jet sweep fake on third down?

UNHWildcat18
January 9th, 2016, 11:13 AM
please let the nightmare end

Hahaha

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Very conservative play-calling on the first JSU drive. Jenkins scrambles for a first down to keep the drive going.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Big first down!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 11:17 AM
It's amazing the crowd noise JSU is facing...lol...

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I'd go for it. JSU's OL looks good...

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:19 AM
JSU going to go for it on fourth and inches from its own 43?

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Just kidding, JSU brings out the punter

- - - Updated - - -

How did the Gamecocks mess up the punt coverage? They should have had NDSU pinned at the one.

Bronco
January 9th, 2016, 11:23 AM
How Cold is it?
Sideline reporter dressed for artic

Hammersmith
January 9th, 2016, 11:24 AM
How Cold is it?

About 40. Humidity and wind makes it feel 30-35.

chattownmocs
Is ndsu wearing panty hose on their arms? No way that many of them are that pale.

Go Lehigh TU owl
How Cold is it?

Uppers 30's, low 40's...I just checked the Frisco weather myself...

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Scary moment for NDSU as JSU's Dawson Wells recovers a fumble as it is going out of bounds. The play is under review.

chattownmocs
Why would they rule that out of bounds? That's shady. They know they can't change the ruling.

Go Lehigh TU owl
I thought the JSU might have gained possession before he touched OB...

But I think it hit the DB's foot while he was OB...

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:28 AM
And for my 20,000 AGS Post:

Ruling on the field is confirmed and NDSU retains the ball.

chattownmocs
January 9th, 2016, 11:28 AM
The ruling is CONFIRMED? Excuse me? That's garbage.

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Appropriate to hit 20,000 in a championship game. Didn't plan it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Good spot for Frazier and the Bison on third and short.

RootinFerDukes
If don't have confidence to go for it on 4th and less than a yard, you're not going to win this game.

chattownmocs
Wtf. You can't just call that a 1st down. Are you kidding me? Not even gonna measure?

Mr. C
30 minutes into this thing and we are already at the end of the first quarter.

chattownmocs
January 9th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Terribly shady officiating so far.

UNIFanSince1983

The ball clearly hit that guy when he was out of bounds...

Daytripper

The defender was touching out of bounds when it hit his leg. Easy call.

Mr. C
Wtf. You can't just call that a 1st down. Are you kidding me? Not even gonna measure?
I thought Frazier's knee hit with the ball short of the first down.

Go Lehigh TU owl
If don't have confidence to go for it on 4th and less than a yard, you're not going to win this game.

I completely agree. I thought the JSU OL was doing well and it could have sent an early message. Now the defense is just getting chewed up with these long drives.

gsf23nd
January 9th, 2016, 11:32 AM

Looked to me like it hit the thigh or calf of #23 when he was out of bounds.

UNIFanSince1983
January 9th, 2016, 11:32 AM
NDSU is doing what they do right now.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM

The first time I've ever agreed with you.

Daytripper
NDSU is doing what they do right now.

Yep

Go Lehigh TU owl
Looked to me like it hit the thigh or calf of #23 when he was out of bounds.

Yup, I think the guy second guy did gain possession but the DB before it definitely had it hit leg/foot while he was out of bounds...

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Terribly shady officiating so far.
You're just being a little bitch today, aren't ya...

Learn the rules of college football before you show back up here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

chattownmocs
Yup, I think the guy second guy did gain possession but the DB before it definitely had it hit leg/foot while he was out of bounds...

Maybe I missed it. But they need to say that. This is national championship.

DaBizon
11 minute TOP for Bison in 1st quarter

RootinFerDukes
I want to apologize in advance for these terrible CAA refs. That was without question Jacksonville state football on the fumble and it was obvious both live and with review.
What a horse**** call.

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I completely agree. I thought the JSU OL was doing well and it could have sent an early message. Now the defense is just getting chewed up with these long drives.

I was surprised in this game they didn't go for it.

gsf23nd
January 9th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Maybe I missed it. But they need to say that. This is national championship.

They did say that. The ref said the ruling on the field was that it was touched by a JSU player who was out of bounds before it was recovered.

Bison56
I want to apologize in advance for these terrible CAA refs. That was without question Jacksonville state football on the fumble and it was obvious both live and with review.
What a horse**** call.
Um no.

chattownmocs
You're just being a little bitch today, aren't ya...Learn the rules of college football before you show back up here.Sent from my SM-G920V using TapatalkWhat rules of college football? That you give one team all the calls if they are the big name? You right alabama gets the same treatment.

penguinpower
January 9th, 2016, 11:38 AM
The JSU player was out of bounds before he had possession

Mr. C
January 9th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Impressive the way NDSU converts on third and fourth down.

chattownmocs
January 9th, 2016, 11:40 AM

They showed nothing that showed that. Supposedly the other player was out of bounds when he touched the ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 11:41 AM

The second guy was in bounds. It was the guy before that. After the ball slid through his arms it hit his leg/foot when he as out of bounds....

Mr. C
Wentz has completed a couple of passes on this drive that I don't think Easton Stick converts.

chattownmocs
Jacksonville state is doing fine. Ndsu is executing well. JSU just needs to keep their head in the game.

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2016, 11:42 AM
The second guy was in bounds. It was the guy before that. After the ball slid through his arms it hit his leg/foot when he as out of bounds....

Correct call

- - - Updated - - -

TD NDSU

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 11:42 AM
This is a complete clowning so far!

chattownmocs
January 9th, 2016, 11:43 AM
This is a complete clowning so far!

How so?

Lehigh Football Nation
So, so deeply regretting taking Jacksonville State, who seem to be taken off guard for what NDSU has done that last four years.

Mr. C
NFL arm shown by Wentz on the TD pass.

NDSU 10, JSU 0 12:28 2nd

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Jacksonville state is doing fine. Ndsu is executing well. JSU just needs to keep their head in the game.
We all know you'd be cheeing for the Bison if they had knocked you out of the playoffs instead of JSU...

UNIFanSince1983
January 9th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I am going to say I am wrong. I thought it was a bad move to play Wentz, but this was obviously the correct move. Stick doesn't complete half of the passes Wentz has today. Wentz does not look like he hasn't played a game in 3 months that is for sure.

Daytripper
January 9th, 2016, 11:45 AM
NFL arm shown by Wentz on the TD pass.

NDSU 10, JSU 0 12:28 2nd

Crazy quick release.

centennial
January 9th, 2016, 11:46 AM
So, so deeply regretting taking Jacksonville State, who seem to be taken off guard for what NDSU has done that last four years.
You are underestimating the MVFC and our side of the bracket. I think Richmond would also compete and maybe beat JSU,

chattownmocs
We all know you'd be cheeing for the Bison if they had knocked you out of the playoffs instead of JSU...

I wouldn't be cheering for anyone who has won 4 straight times unless it was my team. I dislike JSU more. It would be worse for our program I'd they won, arguably. Got to go with the underdog.

Daytripper
Game over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Ohh man, well it's almost time to find a college hoops game to watch....

centennial
January 9th, 2016, 11:47 AM
There it is boys and girls.

UNIFanSince1983
January 9th, 2016, 11:47 AM
And game over...