Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
He still has development to happen in the passing game sure, but Saturday was just another level. It was the first time he's looked like a freshman all year. His completion percentage is low largely due to (until very recently) he was quick to throw the ball away. As elusive as he is, and as many plays as he *could* make with his feet he really doesn't want too. He will roll out and press the LOS but won't commit to running until it's look late for it to gain anything. He wants to throw. It wasn't until the last week or two that he actually would run, he'd just throw the ball away. Which I guess is better than forcing it and getting picked. Prior to Saturday he had 18 TD and 3 INT so it's not like he's just throwing the ball all over and getting lucky.

To be partially fair, 2 of the picks he threw were tip drills off a WR's hands.

I mean, look at the skill guys we had out there and anyone would look less than ideal in that spot. There aren't enough reps in a week to get anything together with that to get a rhythm.

I'll add that freshman WR is a true freshman that is also on the basketball team and was dressed for the basketball game on Thursday night. That LT playing TE was the starting LT early in the season.

Thankfully looking towards next season
4 OL are back...though they need to get more physical
Of the 9 WR's that have taken snaps this year 7 are back - including the 2 main targets before injuries)
Both TEs will be back (were both true seniors) and one is Briley Moore - the All American
Of the 5 RBs that have taken snaps this year 4 are back.

Between the way UNI schedules, the way the Valley has forced UNI's conference schedule, and injuries I think the team has hit a wall.
On top of the injuries I’m 100% sure he does not like having to sit in the pocket. His bread and butter is scrambling or rolling out and making things happen and he couldn’t do that all day.
Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
Yep, 12,000 maybe.
Serious question for bison fans, how many people do you guys think would have actually been at this game had it been played outdoors?