PDA

View Full Version : Wishful: GSU and App out of the SoCon

Pages : [1] 2

gophoenix
July 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
With all the continued GSU and App to anywhere but the SoCon.

Curious, of the schools left in the SoCon or MEAC, OVC, CAA schools; would like you like to see join that stable SoCon core that doesn't have such image and envy problems? And getting them out would do wonders to stabilize the image of the conference.

In other words, since none of us are really allowed to comment on what they do; let's have a discussion on what we should do since they don't really matter anymore.

My vote would be to lure in any one of SC State, Coastal, Hampton, Tennessee Tech, North Alabama, Kennesaw State, Richmond, William & Mary.

You end up with a core of:
Western - Mainly NC kids
UTC - Mainly TN kids
Samford - mainly SE kids
Furman - mainly SE kids
The Citadel - a mix, but lots of SC kids
Elon - Mainly NC and NE kids
Wofford - Mainly SE kids

Apphole
July 29th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Image and envy problems? Our image is stronger that any SoCon school. Not sure who you think we're jealous of. With all the animosity you show towards App, it's pretty clear who the jealous one is. I wouldn't hate you if you kept the conference relevant for 6 years.

Saint3333
July 30th, 2011, 05:59 AM
SC State, Coastal, Hampton, Tennessee Tech, North Alabama, Kennesaw State, Richmond, William & Mary.

No shot at UR or W&M unless the CAA moves up as a new FBS conference or division of a conference. Any of the rest would be a nice attempt to balance back out the public/private numbers. I'd say Castal and Kennesaw would have the most upside. The problem is the SoCon previously looked down upon Coastal's academics, adding them now would show they are accepting "less". They are the best choice IMO. SC State and Hampton would be somewhat strange, but they have good fan support.

This is what we call reasonable discussion about a potential shift in conference members, GP you had a good idea for a topic, yet chose the low road to do so.

citdog
July 30th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Image and envy problems? Our image is stronger that any SoCon school. Not sure who you think we're jealous of. With all the animosity you show towards App, it's pretty clear who the jealous one is. I wouldn't hate you if you kept the conference relevant for 6 years.

Dude you prove here daily that you can't find your *** with both hands. The institution that is the most well known across this planet that you happen to be associated with is The Citadel. Are there statues of appy teachers college graduates in Europe? Are Army bases named for them all over the globe? Didn't think so. This conference was relevant for DECADES before the mistake of admitting you, marshall, and wcu was made and will be relevant when you go wherever it is you go and for my tastes along with others it can't happen soon enough. You and wkuhillhound can go visit golden corral together and talk about how you 'moved up'.

citdog
July 30th, 2011, 06:22 AM
SC State, Coastal, Hampton, Tennessee Tech, North Alabama, Kennesaw State, Richmond, William & Mary.

No shot at UR or W&M unless the CAA moves up as a new FBS conference or division of a conference. Any of the rest would be a nice attempt to balance back out the public/private numbers. I'd say Castal and Kennesaw would have the most upside. The problem is the SoCon previously looked down upon Coastal's academics, adding them now would show they are accepting "less". They are the best choice IMO. SC State and Hampton would be somewhat strange, but they have good fan support.

This is what we call reasonable discussion about a potential shift in conference members, GP you had a good idea for a topic, yet chose the low road to do so.

You can remove SC state from your list. The Citadel will NEVER go to orangeburg to play them.

elon77
July 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM
How about Liberty? I'm not really a big fan, but I'm sure there are many who are. Plus, Citdog could form the welcoming committee.

The Eagle's Cliff
July 30th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Mercer would be a good addition if they can be successful with their football program. Great academics and solid baseball program. I think it'd be great for all the little rich kids to be able to enjoy their wine and cheese without the rowdy commoners packing their stadiums and making all that noise.

phoenixphanatic21
July 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'd go SC State, Coastal and Liberty (just so I could see Citdog at the head of the welcoming committee. And I'd like to get a rivalry going with them).

Accelerati Incredibilus
July 30th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Dude you prove here daily that you can't find your *** with both hands. The institution that is the most well known across this planet that you happen to be associated with is The Citadel. Are there statues of appy teachers college graduates in Europe? Are Army bases named for them all over the globe? Didn't think so. This conference was relevant for DECADES before the mistake of admitting you, marshall, and wcu was made and will be relevant when you go wherever it is you go and for my tastes along with others it can't happen soon enough. You and wkuhillhound can go visit golden corral together and talk about how you 'moved up'.

The only thing The Citadel is "well known across this planet" for these days is bad football and Shannon Faulkner. Time to face the truth. The conference may have been influential until 1953 but it’s gone downhill since. ASU recaptured some national attention for the league over the past several years, but without ASU & GSU the conference will slide into mediocre football status. When JMU and ODU make the move perhaps the conference can lure W&M and Richmond back into the fold. Why not shoot for the trifecta and bring back VMI. Then you guys can spend the rest of your days reliving the past and playing for the glory of the Silver Shanko.

ekufbfan
July 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Wishful?? I have one.
This EKU fan would be elated to join GSU and App in another conference. If we could get out of the OVC and join you guys it would be a good day...if you would have us after the debacle recent administrators have made of the athletic program! Renew rilvary with old foes and perhaps regain some respect! (sorry know this is not what this thread is about )

Sir William
July 30th, 2011, 09:30 AM
How about Liberty? I'm not really a big fan, but I'm sure there are many who are. Plus, Citdog could form the welcoming committee.

You can write Liberty off the list. They will go FBS in the next 5-7 yrs. They have the strategic plan, fan base and $$$ to do it.

Mercer would be a good addition if they can be successful with their football program.

Mercer is a long, long, long way from being a SoCon member. Nice speculating, but extraordinarily unlikely that it would happen in the next 7-8 years.

You can remove SC state from your list. The Citadel will NEVER go to orangeburg to play them.

That's just pure horsecrap. Enough said.

To the greater point...for all the talk, App has yet to leave the SoCon. We all know that they eventually will. But all this talk about them possibly joining the CAA is CAA-wishful thinking IMO. I just don't see it happening. As for GaSo, they may eventually leave the SoCon as well; but again, for the CAA? Not likely. I'd say Sun Belt. Or they leave to become part of some new FBS conference. Statesboro ain't Colonial, just like GaState won't be in a few years...guaran-dadgum-teed!

superman7515
July 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM
But all this talk about them possibly joining the CAA is CAA-wishful thinking IMO.

It was AppState that brought it up, not the CAA, when looking around at their options for moving up to FBS.

The Cats
July 30th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Hey Citdog, we don't have a dog in this fight, so leave WCU out of this *****ing contest. We're happy in the SoCon.

gophoenix
July 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I thought I posted in the topic that App and GSU opinions need not post. Why is it in a post that is clearly Not about App do we still have an infestation of those posts about what we, the core, should do?

And I am with CitDog. The Citadel is the most well known school in the conference. Regionally, other schools would be second. in the NE and Midwest, Elon would be more known. Nationally Davidson would be known. in the SE, Furman and Samford are well known.

And no Saint, I chose the toungue in cheek way to do it. Many of us Furman, Wofford, Samford, Citadel, Western and Elon fans are sick and tired of App/GSU fans trashing the conference, our schools and telling us what and where we should go strategically. I used to be a fan of App and GSU staying, but now, your group of fans runs more damage to the conference image than any of have ever seen from a fan base anywhere.

gophoenix
July 30th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I'd personally like to see SC State, Tennessee Tech here; as well as VMI, Coastal and Kennesaw.

gophoenix
July 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM

This thread isn't about App.

gophoenix
July 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mercer would be a good addition if they can be successful with their football program. Great academics and solid baseball program. I think it'd be great for all the little rich kids to be able to enjoy their wine and cheese without the rowdy commoners packing their stadiums and making all that noise.

Woohoo, another smack post.

This isn't about GSU.

And you don't see issues with UTC, The Citadel and Western; and many of the thoughts on who to invite are public schools.

In other words, nice attempt at smack, but, well, it is baseless.....

dgtw
July 30th, 2011, 12:04 PM
How is a thread with App and GSU in the title not about App and GSU?

ElonPride
July 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Many of us Furman, Wofford, Samford, Citadel, Western and Elon fans are sick and tired of App/GSU fans trashing the conference, our schools and telling us what and where we should go strategically.

Actually, that has been the sentiment from fans outside of the conference too. Many have posted their disdain for all the "we're to good for FCS" posts that frequent discussions.

citdog
July 30th, 2011, 03:58 PM
The only thing The Citadel is "well known across this planet" for these days is bad football and Shannon Faulkner. Time to face the truth. The conference may have been influential until 1953 but it’s gone downhill since. ASU recaptured some national attention for the league over the past several years, but without ASU & GSU the conference will slide into mediocre football status. When JMU and ODU make the move perhaps the conference can lure W&M and Richmond back into the fold. Why not shoot for the trifecta and bring back VMI. Then you guys can spend the rest of your days reliving the past and playing for the glory of the Silver Shanko.

When is the last time a President spoke at appy? When was the last time British Royalty visited appy? Which city in France has a day honoring an appy? How many bases in Iraq and Affy are named for appy's? It is true that we are not known for our football. We are known for something FAR more important than a game. Our fame is known throughout every corner of the globe for the bravery, gallantry, and valor of our men. Your only claim to anything is winning one football game.

I would LOVE to welcome Confederate Capitol University, William and Mary, and vmi back to where they always should have been. The name of the trophy we play vmi for is the Silver SHAKO you ignorant wretch.

Saint3333
July 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM
And no Saint, I chose the toungue in cheek way to do it. Many of us Furman, Wofford, Samford, Citadel, Western and Elon fans are sick and tired of App/GSU fans trashing the conference, our schools and telling us what and where we should go strategically. I used to be a fan of App and GSU staying, but now, your group of fans runs more damage to the conference image than any of have ever seen from a fan base anywhere.

No you lowered yourself to the level of the posters you're complaining about. It's hard to play with a pig and not get mud on you.

Apphole
July 30th, 2011, 04:56 PM
GP, you make a statement like "App and GSU have image and envy issues" you're gonna get a response. If you didn't want our two cents you could have easily left that sentence out. Dont play dumb, you baited us into yet another pissing contest to fuel your unfounded hatred. In fact, you're the master baiter. And Citdog, regardless of how much attention Cit gets for it's military history, it has no bearing in a sports conversation. I'm very proud of this country's military history so I'm not gonna sink to your level and downplay the military or all of your school's contributions, but in spite of it all the Citadel is a perennial bottom feeder in the FCS.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2011, 05:11 PM
GP, you make a statement like "App and GSU have image and envy issues" you're gonna get a response. If you didn't want our two cents you could have easily left that sentence out. Dont play dumb, you baited us into yet another pissing contest to fuel your unfounded hatred. In fact, you're the master baiter.

Gotta agree fully with the hole on this one.xthumbsupx

citdog
July 30th, 2011, 05:24 PM
GP, you make a statement like "App and GSU have image and envy issues" you're gonna get a response. If you didn't want our two cents you could have easily left that sentence out. Dont play dumb, you baited us into yet another pissing contest to fuel your unfounded hatred. In fact, you're the master baiter. And Citdog, regardless of how much attention Cit gets for it's military history, it has no bearing in a sports conversation. I'm very proud of this country's military history so I'm not gonna sink to your level and downplay the military or all of your school's contributions, but in spite of it all the Citadel is a perennial bottom feeder in the FCS.

You made the statement, as usual full of the ignorance that you display here on a daily basis, that the only thing The Citadel is known for is that fat ***** and poor performance on the football field. I showed that you are incorrect on that point as well as most everything you post.

Apphole
July 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
You made the statement, as usual full of the ignorance that you display here on a daily basis, that the only thing The Citadel is known for is that fat ***** and poor performance on the football field. I showed that you are incorrect on that point as well as most everything you post.
That was in response to AI's post that you did all your "proving." But please show me the national football renown that I must have overlooked.

citdog
July 30th, 2011, 05:57 PM
That was in response to AI's post that you did all your "proving." But please show me the national football renown that I must have overlooked.
Ask hudson high, canoe u, arkansas, or the shamecocks

gophoenix
July 30th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Apphole, go get your panties in a wad somewhere else. xlolx

ElonPride
July 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Dont play dumb, you baited us into yet another pissing contest to fuel your unfounded hatred. In fact, you're the master baiter.

"Very clever.....

How's that working out for you?"

- Tyler Durden

gophoenix
July 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Who said anything about national football renown? Mr Citadel is talking about School renown. And the Citadel has it hands down. App does not

The Cats
July 30th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Back on topic.... I'd like to see Coastal & Kennasaw State considered. That would replace two publics with two publics. Too bad Jacksonville is also looking to a move. I personally would not mind having Charlotte as an associate member, as I'm thinking their move will take much longer than they think.

Accelerati Incredibilus
July 30th, 2011, 11:06 PM
When is the last time a President spoke at appy? When was the last time British Royalty visited appy? Which city in France has a day honoring an appy? How many bases in Iraq and Affy are named for appy's? It is true that we are not known for our football. We are known for something FAR more important than a game. Our fame is known throughout every corner of the globe for the bravery, gallantry, and valor of our men. Your only claim to anything is winning one football game.

A President speaking at a military college and military bases named after a military college. Well shut my mouth and call me corn pone! By the way, I wouldn't put too much stock in that visit from the royals. That bunch is about the most dysfunctional family on earth. Glad to see you agree with me the Michigan win was far more relevant than those national championships. At least ASU is known for something athletically.

[/QUOTE]I would LOVE to welcome Confederate Capitol University, William and Mary, and vmi back to where they always should have been. The name of the trophy we play vmi for is the Silver SHAKO you ignorant wretch.[/QUOTE]

That would be Confederate Capital #2 University and given the Military Classic of the South's lack of relevance these days, my spelling is more appropriate.

Shank: Veering in the wrong direction.

Accelerati Incredibilus
July 30th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Who said anything about national football renown? Mr Citadel is talking about School renown. And the Citadel has it hands down. App does not

Let me get this straight. Being known for success on the football field is less inportant than being well know as an institution.... in a football discussion. Makes perfect sense to me.

I-16Bandit
July 30th, 2011, 11:31 PM
In fact, you're the master baiter.

HA. He said masterba....

Ok, continue.

citdog
July 30th, 2011, 11:38 PM
A President speaking at a military college and military bases named after a military college. Well shut my mouth and call me corn pone! By the way, I wouldn't put too much stock in that visit from the royals. That bunch is about the most dysfunctional family on earth. Glad to see you agree with me the Michigan win was far more relevant than those national championships. At least ASU is known for something athletically.

I would LOVE to welcome Confederate Capitol University, William and Mary, and vmi back to where they always should have been. The name of the trophy we play vmi for is the Silver SHAKO you ignorant wretch.[/QUOTE]

That would be Confederate Capital #2 University and given the Military Classic of the South's lack of relevance these days, my spelling is more appropriate.

Shank: Veering in the wrong direction.[/QUOTE]

Weak......bugs bunny quote was the best part of a pretty pathetic attempt to deflect what you know to be true. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS OF US AND OUR GLORIOUS DEEDS OF VALOR. You won some football games in a division you sneer at for being small time. Good for you.

citdog
July 31st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Let me get this straight. Being known for success on the football field is less inportant than being well know as an institution.... in a football discussion. Makes perfect sense to me.

Not going to give you a pass on this one. You, and not apphole, stated "the only thing The Citadel is known for is that fat ***** and poor football". This is obviously as stupid and untrue as any you have ever made.

Gringer1
July 31st, 2011, 12:02 AM
I would LOVE to welcome Confederate Capitol University, William and Mary, and vmi back to where they always should have been. The name of the trophy we play vmi for is the Silver SHAKO you ignorant wretch.

Shank: Veering in the wrong direction.

Weak......bugs bunny quote was the best part of a pretty pathetic attempt to deflect what you know to be true. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS OF US AND OUR GLORIOUS DEEDS OF VALOR. You won some football games in a division you sneer at for being small time. Good for you.

Shouldn't you be getting some rest so you can defend South Carolina from the homosexuals and ethnic minorities, or something?

Apphole
July 31st, 2011, 12:13 AM
HA. He said masterba....

Ok, continue.
Yes indeed, that was what I was going for

citdog
July 31st, 2011, 12:20 AM
Shouldn't you be getting some rest so you can defend South Carolina from the homosexuals and ethnic minorities, or something?

Nah....if I ever again draw my sword it will be for Israel. Yahweh defend the right!

Apphole
July 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Nah....if I ever again draw my sword it will be for Israel. Yahweh defend the right!

Do the other Klansmen know you're jewish? Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.

gophoenix
July 31st, 2011, 12:48 PM

This isn't a football discussion, this is a conference discussion. And yes, for prospective conference members, where a conference is about academics and athletics (inclusive of football), then football is only one small part of the larger picture.

gophoenix
July 31st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Do the other Klansmen know you're jewish? Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.

Where do you get Jewish from that sentence? Or are you really that sadly versed in Christianity?

gophoenix
July 31st, 2011, 12:51 PM
Back on topic.... I'd like to see Coastal & Kennasaw State considered. That would replace two publics with two publics. Too bad Jacksonville is also looking to a move. I personally would not mind having Charlotte as an associate member, as I'm thinking their move will take much longer than they think.

Both would be good picks. However, I'd rather see Tenn Tech than one of those two. I'd like to see UTC retained and be happy, plus, something to branch into the footprint a bit more. Adding Coastal would make the conference have 5 schools in SC. Would that be considered too much?

StorminASU
August 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM
Both would be good picks. However, I'd rather see Tenn Tech than one of those two. I'd like to see UTC retained and be happy, plus, something to branch into the footprint a bit more. Adding Coastal would make the conference have 5 schools in SC. Would that be considered too much?

I would like to see Elon removed from the conference and replaced with a school that actually has a fanbase that doesn't suck. Would that be considered too much?

GlassOnion
August 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM
I would like to see Elon removed from the conference and replaced with a school that actually has a fanbase that doesn't suck. Would that be considered too much?

I second that. Elon is everything I do not want App to be. I can find good things to say about every other Socon school, but everytime I hear Elon, I think of Armanti's knee in 08' and Riddle smacking Brent Russell in the facemask after getting sacked, and that awful congratulations conference champ poster.

What will it be this year I wonder?

whoanellie
August 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Here We go again!!! You guys are finally getting smacked in the mouth and the gap has closed from several rivals. I am sorry your QB could not mow his yard without trimming his toe nails But get over it. Move up & move on. App does have a proven winning formula w/ Jerry Moore I just do not believe it will sustain with someone else.

I second that. Elon is everything I do not want App to be. I can find good things to say about every other Socon school, but everytime I hear Elon, I think of Armanti's knee in 08' and Riddle smacking Brent Russell in the facemask after getting sacked, and that awful congratulations conference champ poster.

What will it be this year I wonder?

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM
You guys are finally getting smacked in the mouth and the gap has closed from several rivals.

App is 63-13 (.829) over the past ten years in conference play. I'd hope beyond hope that the rest of the gang could step it up at some point. xthumbsupx

If an overall SoCon record of 188-79-5 (.700) is "smacked in the mouth" I'd hate to see how Elon's record would be characterized. xlolx

GlassOnion
August 1st, 2011, 01:22 PM
App is 63-13 (.829) over the past ten years in conference play. I'd hope beyond hope that the rest of the gang could step it up at some point. xthumbsupx

If an overall SoCon record of 188-79-5 (.700) is "smacked in the mouth" I'd hate to see how Elon's record would be characterized. xlolx

Remember, this thread is based on "wishfull thinking", not reality.

Appaholic
August 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
This thread isn't about App.

Correct Apphole....much like SoCon football isn't about Elon....never has been and, as long as App or GSU are still in the conference, never will be....the Faintin' Christians will always be known for thier NAIA titles and flops in big games...

Appaholic
August 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Here We go again!!! You guys are finally getting smacked in the mouth and the gap has closed from several rivals. I am sorry your QB could not mow his yard without trimming his toe nails But get over it.

And yet, we still embarrassed you at home with the title on the line with Riddle and Terrell HuggyBear. Again, how many playoff games did you win with those two? Elon's still smarting from the annual AppSt abuse as well as getting Lembo'ned in the off season....

pike51
August 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
And yet, we still embarrassed you at home with the title on the line with Riddle and Terrell HuggyBear. Again, how many playoff games did you win with those two? Elon's still smarting from the annual AppSt abuse as well as getting Lembo'ned in the off season....

Goat humper 1 - Phoenix 0 :)

StorminASU
August 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Here We go again!!! You guys are finally getting smacked in the mouth and the gap has closed from several rivals. I am sorry your QB could not mow his yard without trimming his toe nails But get over it. Move up & move on. App does have a proven winning formula w/ Jerry Moore I just do not believe it will sustain with someone else.

How on earth do you come up with us getting "smacked in the mouth?" Lets assume for a second the casual reader wouldn't scoff at your remark for it's pure ridiculousness and the current condition of AppState football would be considered us getting smacked in the mouth. Even in this fantasy land, Elon hasn't smacked us in our mouth, so why would you even mention it. If your "close" games with us are what you consider smacking us in our mouth, then I don't know what to call how our team handles yours???......Interracial, double penetration sodomy, while a gay midget dressed in a horse costume touches himself while filming is the only thing I can think of for this analogy.

PaladinFan
August 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM
I'm quite ready for football to start so I can quit being conned into reading threads like this one dominated by imbeciles.

pike51
August 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM
How on earth do you come up with us getting "smacked in the mouth?" Lets assume for a second the casual reader wouldn't scoff at your remark for it's pure ridiculousness and the current condition of AppState football would be considered us getting smacked in the mouth. Even in this fantasy land, Elon hasn't smacked us in our mouth, so why would you even mention it. If your "close" games with us are what you consider smacking us in our mouth, then I don't know what to call how our team handles yours???......Interracial, double penetration sodomy, while a gay midget dressed in a horse costume touches himself while filming is the only thing I can think of for this analogy.

Easy now... he was probabally raised wher they don't keep score and everyone gets a pizza party after each game. Keep in mind, winning isn't important to everyone (ask WCU).

GlassOnion
August 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
I'm quite ready for football to start so I can quit being conned into reading threads like this one dominated by imbeciles.

It took you the whole thread to figure that out? I didnt go to furman, but I came to the same result after reading the first post.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 02:29 PM
App State football is declining faster than the US credit rating.

AppMan
August 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
[/QUOTE]THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS OF US AND OUR GLORIOUS DEEDS OF VALOR.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a long, long time ago in a world far, far away that may have been marginally true. Today I'd say that The Citadel is know far more for the the Sannon Faulkner affair than anything. A town in France has a special day for The Citadel? I never thought of you guys as a wine & cheese crowd.

AppChicago
August 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Since when is Elon somehow a part of the SoCon "core" (whatever the hell that means)?

You've been here since 2003. If the SoCon were an apartment, you would still have boxes everywhere.

AppMan
August 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
App State football is declining faster than the US credit rating.

From a fan of a school that is 33-80 since 2000.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM

I guess you dont know what the word declining means......

Here ya go..DECLINING-Diminishing in strength or quality; deteriorating.

pike51
August 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM

Those who never have been sure do like to talk alot of trash.

How many championship games were played in Chattanooga?

How many times did a SoCon team play in that game?

How many time did Chatty play in a championship game in Chattanooga?

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Those who never have been sure do like to talk alot of trash.

How many championship games were played in Chattanooga?

How many times did a SoCon team play in that game?

How many time did Chatty play in a championship game in Chattanooga?

And that has what to do with 2011?

Smitty
August 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM
Considering 2011 hasn't happened yet you pretty much have to go with the old numbers...

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
The past, oh the infinite wisdom of the past.

AppChicago
August 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM

As opposed to what? The superawesome wisdom of the future?

The Eagle's Cliff
August 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM

It's amazing how much a Tennessee Vols/Chatt fan has in common with UGA fans: You get all worked up about how great your teams will be, then when reality strikes by October it's "wait 'til next year"!

Thanks for the entertainment, thoughxsmileyclapx

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM
It's amazing how much a Tennessee Vols/Chatt fan has in common with UGA fans: You get all worked up about how great your teams will be, then when reality strikes by October it's "wait 'til next year"!

Thanks for the entertainment, thoughxsmileyclapx

Please dont bring historic college football programs at the highest level into the discussion.

biggie
August 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Please go to a board that caters to those historic high level football programs, basically GTFO of here.

There are only 2-3 people on this board that their own co-fans want to disown them, you are at the top of the list. Should meet up with a few ex-member elon fans from a year or two ago. Could talk about the rise and fall of being a d-bag on a FCS forum.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Please go to a board that caters to those historic high level football programs, basically GTFO of here.

Or how about dont bring them up. I didnt bring them up. In other words. GFY

blueballs
August 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
If App and GSU aren't in the SoCon then the SoCon (at least football wise) loses a lot of relevence, seeing where only two other conference members (Wofford and Furman) not named App and GSU have won a playoff game in the last 15 years, no SoCon member not named App or GSU has won the NC since 1988, and Furman is the only SoCon member not named App or GSU to make the title game since 1988.

You'd basically have Wofford, Furman and a bunch of also rans... and yes, Chatty troll, you are an also ran because you haven't been in the playoffs since any of your current players have been toilet trained, assuming of course they actually are. It would be from a football relevence standpoint the southern equivilent of the Patriot League.

pike51
August 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
And that has what to do with 2011?

How about answering the questions? Your program hasn't done anything of significance in the SoCon. Won some games? Sure. Better than WCU and Citadel? Absolutely. But sorry, Chattanooga is still irrelevant IMO. So until you earn my respect in that matter, you can STFU and rub your johnson to videos of T.O. and other teams winning titles in your stadium.

Now... finish waxing my car.

The Eagle's Cliff
August 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Please dont bring historic, rich, underachieving college football programs at the highest level into the discussion.

FIFY

At least being a fan of Tennessee and Chattanooga frees up the holidays for you.

pike51
August 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM
FIFY

At least being a fan of Tennessee and Chattanooga frees up the holidays for you.

Good point! Must be easy on Chatty fans during that time of year.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Chattanooga 35 Georgia Southern 27. Welcome to relevant history eaglets.

The Eagle's Cliff
August 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Chattanooga 35 Georgia Southern 27. Welcome to relevant history eaglets.

Actually, as it turned out, that game was an irrelevant hiccup brought on by Shaw and Brown being injured. Depth shouldn't be as big a problem this year. I'm sure the board will be pleased when October rolls around and you have retreated back to safety under your bridge.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Actually, as it turned out, that game was an irrelevant hiccup brought on by Shaw and Brown being injured. Depth shouldn't be as big a problem this year. I'm sure the board will be pleased when October rolls around and you have retreated back to safety under your bridge.

Dont know who brown is, I saw Shaw play most of the game, it turned long before he went out, not that he is very good any way. But this was relevant histoery. Chattanooga figured out your O and bombed on your D. Game over, the mocs are the more talented and better coached team. Blowout city in statesboro 2011.

dgtw
August 1st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Appy and GSU can come to the OVC and the SoCon can have everyone that does not play scholarship football and the team that only plays an 88% conference schedule.

GSU EAGLES
August 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM

Leave chattownmocs alone. You do realize this is the one time of year he actually gets to enjoy football season. He can talk smack about how great they are going to be, but we all know once the season rolls around, the same story that has played out over the last 25 years will play out one more time. Just let the poor young fellow enjoy himself a little.

gophoenix
August 1st, 2011, 08:09 PM
So, yes, when App and GSU fans post continuously about wanting out, then Elon is left as the core of the conference, just like everyone else not wanting out.

In other words, App and GSU smack dominates a thread not about them. Well played people, well played.

you know, Marshall fans said the same thing about the SoCon when they left and look how things turned out. is the only reason app won any championships because marshall was no longer here? Because had marshall been here, app would have continued being the 3rd place team?

dgtw
August 1st, 2011, 08:11 PM
App and GSU are in the title of the thread. How in the world is it not about them?

gophoenix
August 1st, 2011, 08:16 PM

Considering that wasn't the question, and App doesn't want to be here, yes, that would be too much to ask, since every other school voted to want us here. And considering you guys don't want to be here; then no you don't get a say. That's the whole purpose of this thread. Everyone know what App and GSU fans want, it's time for the rest of us to discuss what we want without the thread being hijacked like this.

gophoenix
August 1st, 2011, 08:16 PM
App and GSU are in the title of the thread. How in the world is it not about them?

Try your reading comprehension skills on the starting post of the thread.

The Cats
August 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM
Try your reading comprehension skills on the starting post of the thread.

Come on gophoenix, you're wasting your time with those guys.

The ONLY time ASU & GSU fans are civil to each other is when they are ganging up on other SoCon fans. It makes them both feel oh so superior.

....and citdog was just born 150 years too late.

Horseshoe App
August 1st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Come on gophoenix, you're wasting your time with those guys.

The ONLY time ASU & GSU fans are civil to each other is when they are ganging up on other SoCon fans. It makes them both feel oh so superior.

....and citdog was just born 150 years too late.

Talk about an inferiority complex. Please don't act like Gophoenix and think every APP fan is a horse's ***. I sort of like Western. We can usually chalk up a easy win in footballxnodx

Appfan_in_CAAland
August 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
you know, Marshall fans said the same thing about the SoCon when they left and look how things turned out.

While the thought of defending the Blundering Turds sickens me, I'd like to point out the following info* regarding Marshall's on field performance since moving to the FBS in 1997, 14 seasons ago:

Overall record: 107-67
Conference Championships: 5
Bowl Games: 8 - record in those games 6-2 including wins over Cincinnati, Louisville (twice) and BYU
Seasons finished in the Top 25: 3
All Americans: 13
NFL Draftpicks: 14
Players on current NFL rosters: 14
Home games versus: West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Kansas State

While they ain't Boise State and they've had some bad years of late, all things considered, Marshall has done ok.

*-collected from Wikipedia so take it for what its worth

asumike83
August 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM
you know, Marshall fans said the same thing about the SoCon when they left and look how things turned out. is the only reason app won any championships because marshall was no longer here? Because had marshall been here, app would have continued being the 3rd place team?

Continued to be the 3rd place team? ASU has finished below 2nd place in the SoCon 4 times since 1985. Marshall was in the SoCon from 1976-1996 and won the league 3 times. During that same time span, ASU won the conference 4 times. If you aren't familiar with what happened before your team joined the conference, I'd stay away from using history to take your jabs at App.

gophoenix
August 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Continued to be the 3rd place team? ASU has finished below 2nd place in the SoCon 4 times since 1985. Marshall was in the SoCon from 1976-1996 and won the league 3 times. During that same time span, ASU won the conference 4 times. If you aren't familiar with what happened before your team joined the conference, I'd stay away from using history to take your jabs at App.

No jabs need to be taken... it's all in the history books. Marshall 2 national championships to App 0 during that time. Marhsall 20-5 in the playoffs to App's 4-7 over the same period. App made it past the second round 1 time during that period.

The stats are all right there. And winning 4 championships in 20 years doesn't mean the rest of the years weren't in 3rd or below place.

asumike83
August 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM
No jabs need to be taken... it's all in the history books. Marshall 2 national championships to App 0 during that time. Marhsall 20-5 in the playoffs to App's 4-7 over the same period. App made it past the second round 1 time during that period.

The stats are all right there. And winning 4 championships in 20 years doesn't mean the rest of the years weren't in 3rd or below place.

I never said that Marshall wasn't the top dog for a stretch. Marshall had some REALLY good teams and they took care of business in the playoffs. You said that ASU would have continued to be a 3rd place team if Marshall hadn't bolted, as if ASU was stuck in the middle of the pack until they left the conference. It took a while for ASU to have serious national success, but App has put out a team with a legit chance to win the conference on a consistent basis for a long time. I think that finishing 1st or 2nd for 22 of the last 26 seasons will attest to that.

citdog
August 1st, 2011, 10:25 PM
The fact that neither appy st teachers college for mountain gayboys and white rastas, vermin, or not quite wvu won the SoCon in 1992 makes what Charlie Taaffe and his Cadets did that year all the more impressive. It was easier to win the national championship than the SoCon back then. Fyi boys I was born in 1840.

Eagle22
August 1st, 2011, 10:49 PM
So, yes, when App and GSU fans post continuously about wanting out, then Elon is left as the core of the conference, just like everyone else not wanting out.

In other words, App and GSU smack dominates a thread not about them. Well played people, well played.

Were you really tracking Marshall talk on the Internet in 1996 ?

Seven years before Elon joins the SoCon ?

Weird. Only because there were about three Marshall fans who had a computer back then on the AOL and CNNsi boards. Not sure if that is a statistically valid sample :)

StorminASU
August 2nd, 2011, 08:21 AM

Well if you look at this optimistically, if App and GSU leave then maybe, just maybe, Elon can be worth a crap in the Socon and will get some respect.

SideLine Shooter
August 2nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Well if you look at this optimistically, if App and GSU leave then maybe, just maybe, Elon can be worth a crap in the Socon and will get some respect.

Well, it will be 2 - less L's for them each year.

WUTNDITWAA
August 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Guys. Elon has won a SoCon title. My avatar says so.

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
I guess you dont know what the word declining means......

Here ya go..DECLINING-Diminishing in strength or quality; deteriorating.

You're right. But I'd rather "decline" from winning National Championships to being an annual national title contender (while continuing to win SoCon annually) than be an "improving" program that moved from the conference cellar to conference middle of the pack. Amazing how one school can take an "almost win" against App at home in the season opener and twist it into now being a player on the national stage....you lost...you weren't in the playoffs...haven't been in this century....it's ok...

gophoenix
August 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ah and the smack just continues to flow. :) Gotta love the fact that App fan's are obsessed with what the rest of us should do.

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Ah and the smack just continues to flow. :) Gotta love the fact that App fan's are obsessed with what the rest of us should do.

App is obsessed with all the other SoCon teams, says the Elon fan who's made a dozen posts about App in the last 24 hours.

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM

App fans will be concerned about what the rest of the conference "should do" when they actually start doing something. Elon, nor the rest of the conference outside of GSU & Furman, haven't done anything this century.

gophoenix
August 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
App fans will be concerned about what the rest of the conference "should do" when they actually start doing something. Elon, nor the rest of the conference outside of GSU & Furman, haven't done anything this century.

As a conference, every schools has "done something" in some form, fashion in some sport this century. Sorry to break it to ya.

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
The Elon fan is a taxpayer of NC. Curiosity about the law and posting in a thread that isn't supposed to be about App need not apply.

A thread titled 'Wishful Thinking: GSU and App out of the SoCon' is not about App/GSU? That'd be like me starting a thread titled 'Elon sucks and doesn't belong in the SoCon', stating that it's a thread for OTHER teams to talk about why Elon sucks, then jumping on Elon fans for stepping in. Plus, you should probably know that somebody is posting under your name all over the App State FBS study thread too. Although I assume that thread is also not supposed to be about App?

Don't lie. You'll miss us if we leave.

Skjellyfetti
August 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
As a conference, every schools has "done something" in some form, fashion in some sport this century. Sorry to break it to ya.

Sorry to break it to ya, but considering this a football discussion board... I'm pretty sure he was discussing football. xchinscratchx

SideLine Shooter
August 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
A thread titled 'Wishful Thinking: GSU and App out of the SoCon' is not about App/GSU? That'd be like me starting a thread titled 'Elon sucks and doesn't belong in the SoCon', stating that it's a thread for OTHER teams to talk about why Elon sucks, then jumping on Elon fans for stepping in. Plus, you should probably know that somebody is posting under your name all over the App State FBS study thread too. Although I assume that thread is also not supposed to be about App?

Well, if and when we leave I guess we will have to schedule elon as their "Money Game". Now wouldn't that be something.

Smitty
August 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM

If app leaves I will have to learn how to hate another team. That may be too hard...

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry to break it to ya, but considering this a football discussion board... I'm pretty sure he was discussing football. xchinscratchx

Yes. Didn't think I needed to clarify....but then again, I'm discussing this with a fan of the school that didn't think they'd actually have to WIN the conf championship game to claim themselves as SoCon Champs....

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
If app leaves I will have to learn how to hate another team. That may be too hard...

Hey, nobody says you have to stop hating us. My feelings about Marshall haven't changed ONE bit since they left!

Saint3333
August 2nd, 2011, 11:34 AM

What an ignorant comment. ASU is 14-7 vs. Marshall at the 1-AA level, never losing more than 2 in a row to them. App won the SoCon in 1986, 1987, 1991, and 1995, one more than Marshall won while they were in the SoCon.

Marshall leaving wasn't as big of a blow because the SoCon added GSU a few years prior to their departure. That would be like the SoCon adding Delaware now and ASU leaving in 2014.

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
What an ignorant comment. ASU is 14-7 vs. Marshall at the 1-AA level, never losing more than 2 in a row to them. App won the SoCon in 1986, 1987, 1991, and 1995, one more than Marshall won while they were in the SoCon.

Marshall leaving wasn't as big of a blow because the SoCon added GSU a few years prior to their departure. That would be like the SoCon adding Delaware now and ASU leaving in 2014.

<snicker>

Skjellyfetti
August 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Damn. gophoenix is getting worked in every thread I've opened today. xlolx

tough day for him.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
You're right. But I'd rather "decline" from winning National Championships to being an annual national title contender (while continuing to win SoCon annually) than be an "improving" program that moved from the conference cellar to conference middle of the pack. Amazing how one school can take an "almost win" against App at home in the season opener and twist it into now being a player on the national stage....you lost...you weren't in the playoffs...haven't been in this century....it's ok...

Its easy. If you can "almost win" one year, the next you might be able to beat a declining program. See you will be less than last year, we will be better. Are you able to follow the logic here?

gophoenix
August 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM

Sorry to break it to ya, but this is a conference thread, not a football discussion.

But, that's all you guys have to fall back on. That and overall sports cups for the year. You have nothing else.

Saint3333
August 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Didn't UTC have some off the field issues and lose a couple of key offensive players? In addition they lost some key defensive starters as well. Let's not pretend that UTC is bringing the same team to Boone this year. Both teams have holes to fill, and yes ASU has more question marks, but they also have had better recruiting classes the last three years.

Trivia questions for chattown, when's the last time UTC beat ASU in Boone? Don't come back with something predictable like history doesn't matter, actually do some research.

gophoenix
August 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM

tough day for him.

So, now it's turned personal. Thanks for all the attention Appers.

gophoenix
August 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM

tough day for him.

So, now it's turned personal. That's for all the attention Appers.

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Its easy. If you can "almost win" one year, the next you might be able to beat a declining program. See you will be less than last year, we will be better. Are you able to follow the logic here?

If either of those statements were anything more than pure optimistic speculation from a Chattanooga fan, the logic would be quite easy to follow. Where is your evidence that ASU is a declining program OR that Chatty will be any better than last season?

I'm sorry, but we can't win a National Championship on your home field EVERY year. We've had double-digit wins and a conference crown for 6 years running, and we are going to roll out another top 5 team this year. To call that a decline is a serious compliment to the strength of our program.

UT-C didn't improve on a 6-5 record last season and they have an even tougher schedule this year. They also lost their best defensive player and a key contributor from the receiving corps in the off-season. A 3rd straight 6-5 season is probably on the horizon.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Didn't UTC have some off the field issues and lose a couple of key offensive players? In addition they lost some key defensive starters as well. Let's not pretend that UTC is bringing the same team to Boone this year. Both teams have holes to fill, and yes ASU has more question marks, but they also have had better recruiting classes the last three years.

Trivia questions for chattown, when's the last time UTC beat ASU in Boone? Don't come back with something predictable like history doesn't matter, actually do some research.

Yeah chattanooga did lose a few players, who told you that ASU has had better recruiting classes BTW? Are you high?

Mountaineer
August 2nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
So, now it's turned personal. Thanks for all the attention Appers.

GP after a long day trolling Apps on the message board:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2714/crosssm.jpg

Poor guy.

xlolx

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM

Yes. But, you "almost" won at home in a season opener, but this year have to come to Boone in mid-season I believe....so logically, you probably don't stand a chance in hell of beating App this year with returning Payton finalist at the helm given the recent series history....

Saint3333
August 2nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Recruiting services told me that, as well as the programs that offered ASU's players vs. UTC's. Unlike you I do research on FCS programs rather than blindly run my mouth. How's that research going on UTC's last win in Boone?

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Recruiting agencies told me that, as well as the programs that offered ASU's players vs. UTC's. Unlike you I do research on FCS programs rather than blindly run my mouth. How's that research going on UTC's last win in Boone?

I highly doubt that their is a recruiting "agency" in the world that would come close to saying app state out recruited chattanooga in 2011 or 2009. Lay off the crack pipe. Huesman has also owned Moore in head-to-head recruiting battles over the last 3 years. You need to stop making stuff up dude.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Yes. But, you "almost" won at home in a season opener, but this year have to come to Boone in mid-season I believe....so logically, you probably don't stand a chance in hell of beating App this year with returning Payton finalist at the helm given the recent series history....

Hmmm the recent series history. App State won big in Huesman's first year, and Chattanooga gave it away last year. What does recent series history tell me?

CharlestonAppFan
August 2nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hmmm the recent series history. App State won big in Huesman's first year, and Chattanooga gave it away last year. What does recent series history tell me?

that you continue to lose to us.....every year....doesn't really matter how they lose, does it? it's still an "L" either way.

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM

DECLINING?

Right... HAHAHA
and you still lose to us every year!

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Recent history tells me that you had the best squad you've had in a long time, prepared for us all off-season, pulled out all the stops for your home opener and still lost.

Boy and werent they pumped up for that game!

Must have been a heartbreaker! LOL

Saint3333
August 2nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
I highly doubt that their is a recruiting "agency" in the world that would come close to saying app state out recruited chattanooga in 2011 or 2009. Lay off the crack pipe. Huesman has also owned Moore in head-to-head recruiting battles over the last 3 years. You need to stop making stuff up dude.

You'd actually have to subscribe to Rivals or Scout and do some research to argue this. Even without this data, the sansity check would be to consider how UTC outrecruited ASU, a winning program with superior facilities, the last three years? They didn't, get a clue.

Still waiting on the last win in Boone.

Mountaineer
August 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
App is 20-2 against Nooga under Jerry.

Recent..middle..or past history, it doesn't really matter. xlolx

What is 1983.

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM

Recent history tells me that you had the best squad you've had in a long time, prepared for us all off-season, pulled out all the stops for your home opener and still lost.

It also tells me that one program still counts moral victories, and it is not ASU.

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
App is 20-2 against Nooga under Jerry.

Recent..middle..or past history, it doesn't really matter. xlolx

What is 1983.

As for me... I don't know... I wasn't born...

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
You'd actually have to subscribe to Rivals or Scout and do some research to argue this. Even without this data, the sansity check would be to consider how UTC outrecruited ASU, a winning program with superior facilities, the last three years? They didn't, get a clue.

Still waiting on the last win in Boone.

You have your own rivals site and this still didnt make a ridiculous claim that yall out recruited us. They did yall a favor and evaluated 17 players from your recruiting class in 2011. They found 3 that were even worth rating. They only evaluated 6 from chattanooga and 3 got a star rating. Is there is no way in hell that you can tell who outrecruited who based on a effin rivals ranking in FCS football. Learn what you are talking about? As to how Huesman did it. He is alot more energetic has BETTER facilities (you made me laugh on that one) and a much better city to recruit. Start living in the real world.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 01:42 PM

It also tells me that one program still counts moral victories, and it is not ASU.

Pulled out all the stops? I guess play action passes are considered trick plays now lol. WRs fumbling and QBs picking up the ball and running it in. Now that was how they drew it up. Any season opener always favors the more experinced team. How ridiculous to assert that this gave the very young mocs some sort of advantage. you are funny.

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 01:48 PM
You have your own rivals site and this still didnt make a ridiculous claim that yall out recruited us. They did yall a favor and evaluated 17 players from your recruiting class in 2011. They found 3 that were even worth rating. They only evaluated 6 from chattanooga and 3 got a star rating. Is there is no way in hell that you can tell who outrecruited who based on a effin rivals ranking in FCS football. Learn what you are talking about? As to how Huesman did it. He is alot more energetic has BETTER facilities (you made me laugh on that one) and a much better city to recruit. Start living in the real world.

Better facilities???

I think not...

Do you have an indoor practice facility?
Enormous HD video board?
On campus everything?
Locker room with rock work everywhere?
State of the art weight room and training facilities?
Football only players lounge with pool tables that have your school logo on them?

You know what as I write this I feel bad bc you don't have any of this so i won't go on....

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Still waiting on a 30,000 person crowd to one of your home games or even close to that btw...

You know what I wont go there bc I dont have to... You know why?...

BC WE WIN!

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Pulled out all the stops? I guess play action passes are considered trick plays now lol. WRs fumbling and QBs picking up the ball and running it in. Now that was how they drew it up. Any season opener always favors the more experinced team. How ridiculous to assert that this gave the very young mocs some sort of advantage. you are funny.

A running back pass is a trick play, which you pulled off in the 2nd quarter for a TD. Do you even watch these games?

As for the advantage, I was referring to home-field advantage. It is commonly thought among football fans that playing at home is an advantage, although I can see how a UT-C fan may feel differently.

Saint3333
August 2nd, 2011, 01:54 PM

They didn't evaluate your other players because they weren't recruited by FBS programs. Over the last 3 years ASU has had 15 two star or higher ranked players, UTC 7.

UTC facilites better than ASU's, FAIL. Have a good day, can't argue with fools anymore today, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Better facilities???

I think not...

Do you have an indoor practice facility? No we have an outdoor facility down on the river.
Enormous HD video board? YES
On campus everything? Is that a good thing. We actually have a beautiful downtown area blocks from campus.
Locker room with rock work everywhere? What?
State of the art weight room and training facilities? Yes
Football only players lounge with pool tables that have your school logo on them? Yes

You know what as I write this I feel bad bc you don't have any of this so i won't go on....

There you go

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
They didn't evaluate your other players because they weren't recruited by FBS programs. Over the last 3 years ASU has had 15 two star or higher ranked players, UTC 7.

UTC facilites better than ASU's, FAIL. Have a good day, can't argue with fools anymore today, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wrong. They didnt evaluate them because Chattanooga doesnt have its own rivals site. Try again. Better facilities? Yes just look at the actual football stadium.

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
There you go

There I go with what we have far superior facilities than you...

Name me one facility you have that is better than what we have...

biggie
August 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Awww, sweet Jesus I have just remembered the ignore feature. I would suggest it to all on here.

chattownmocs
There I go with what we have far superior facilities than you...

Name me one facility you have that is better than what we have...

The football stadium.

appfan2008
Wrong. They didnt evaluate them because Chattanooga doesnt have its own rivals site. Try again. Better facilities? Yes just look at the actual football stadium.

What part?

Track = Adv UTC
On Campus = Adv ASU
Area of town = ASU
Video Board = ASU
Suites/Club = ASU
Fans = ASU
General Admission area = ASU

Help me out how is your stadium better?

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
What part?

Track = Adv UTC
On Campus = Adv ASU
Area of town = ASU
Video Board = ASU
Suites/Club = ASU
Fans = ASU
General Admission area = ASU

Help me out how is your stadium better?

It looks better, lol at your suites/club being better. Even if it was on the inside it looks like hell on the outside. On campus? Who freaking cares? Area of town? once again. so what. Fans? What does that have to do with the football stadium. Video board. ill give you that. General admission area? WTF are you talking about. Go home dude.

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
It looks better, lol at your suites/club being better. Even if it was on the inside it looks like hell on the outside. On campus? Who freaking cares? Area of town? once again. so what. Fans? What does that have to do with the football stadium. Video board. ill give you that. General admission area? WTF are you talking about. Go home dude.

General admission area = hill!
You have one we have one... apples to apples...

AND ours is MUCH MUCH better

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
The football stadium.

Serious question....how many games have Mocs won in Finley stadium since 2005?

asumike83
August 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Serious question....how many games have Mocs won in Finley stadium since 2005?

Not sure what the exact number is, I think 10 or so. I think there was a 4-year stretch from '05-'08 where we won as many at Finley Stadium than they did, but I believe they caught us in '09.

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
13 to be precise Appaholic...including last year's wins over GaSou and Samford

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Not sure what the exact number is, I think 10 or so. I know there was a 4-year stretch from '05-'08 where we won more games at Finley Stadium than they did, but I think they caught us in '09.

How pathetic....I wonder what the atendance figures comparison were? UTC had +/-65k total for attendance last year - that's Homecoming & Black Saturday for App. Rmove the AppSt opener from the UTC attendance figures and...well, they've got a ways to go before they are considered a legit FCS program...they might find more success had they gone with VMI to the Big South....doubtful with Liberty & Coastal....maybe they should go MEAC...

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
So, now it's turned personal. That's for all the attention Appers.

I hate to say it gp but I and UAH looked at your report and really it looks like sour grapes to me...UAH is actually trying very hard not to pull his fur out at this point...

Appaholic
August 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
13 to be precise Appaholic...including last year's wins over GaSou and Samford
App's had 6 or 7 victories in Chatty during that same stretch I believe....Finley = The Rock, SouthWest

Mountaineer
August 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
I hate to say it gp but I and UAH looked at your report and really it looks like sour grapes to me...UAH is actually trying very hard not to pull his fur out at this point...

xlolx

So let us recap:

GP, as he is often wont to do, intentionally stirs the hornets nest.
A metaphorical stinging ensues.
He then proceeds to report posts and play the martyr "All the mean Apps are picking on me" card.

Yup, sounds about right. About time you guys call him out on it. xawesomex

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Not sure what the exact number is, I think 10 or so. I think there was a 4-year stretch from '05-'08 where we won as many at Finley Stadium than they did, but I believe they caught us in '09.

Number of wins UTC has over Furman since 1994?

blueballs
August 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM

Lord have mercy...

boonedocks
August 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM

Boom.

haha

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Boom.

haha

Truthfully, but for a complete and utter Furman meltdown (an eighteen point meltdown, precisely), it would have been 0.

Jokes aside, Furman's dominance over UTC is one of the great mysteries in my years of following sports. What is so bizzare is not only that Furman won so many times, but how one sided so many of the games were. Regardless of the record of either team, during the span, UTC held Furman under 28 points twice. Even bad Furman offenses would light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine against the Mocs.

ASU3481
August 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Being that I use to be a ETSU FAN until we dropped football Now i'm a ASU Fan.. In the last season of football ever at ETSU we beat UTC 68-7 that's in 2003.. UTC you have never been good it's sad when you lose to a team that lost 55% of the team cause they was dropping football.. You have one decent football season and now your the gift of the socon? lol smh try winning a championship or more than 6 games..

mocman1990
August 2nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Being that I use to be a ETSU FAN until we dropped football Now i'm a ASU Fan.. In the last season of football ever at ETSU we beat UTC 68-7 that's in 2003.. UTC you have never been good it's sad when you lose to a team that lost 55% of the team cause they was dropping football.. You have one decent football season and now your the gift of the socon? lol smh try winning a championship or more than 6 games..

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute...let me get this straight...you used to be an ETSU fan, but you're now an ASU fan...man, I really wouldn't be going around admitting that I am front running bandwagon fan.

Chattanooga has won 4 SoCon titles...and thumped ASU 72-14 during one of those championship runs. Yes, it was a long time ago, but that's why they keep records for more than just the last 10 years (which appears to be the extent of your knowledge)

Of course, why does your sad lack of knowledge surprise me? You're an ETSU fan under your faux black and gold.

I was born and raised a Chattanooga fan (and alum, 3rd generation, back to the U of C days). Good times or bad, you don't change colors. Thank God I went to a school that has the testicular fortitude to not drop their football program.

ASU3481
August 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
How is it being a bandwagon fan when they didn't start winning national championships in 05?? I always liked app and always said if football went under at ETSU i would start pulling for them.. so no its not a bandwagon at all.. I had no choice to pull for someone eles.. I hate etsu basketball and the rest of the sports alot of messed up people that work for ETSU.. I dont know everything about UTC or APP and don't know when the records i keep up with the recent and recently we beat you.

dgtw
August 2nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
Thank God I went to a school that has the testicular fortitude to not drop their football program.

How is your baseball team doing?

Apphole
August 2nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
3481, I like you're decision, but your Tennessee grammar is showing.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
General admission area = hill!
You have one we have one... apples to apples...

AND ours is MUCH MUCH better

Hahaha, your hill is better than our hill? Lulz

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
How pathetic....I wonder what the atendance figures comparison were? UTC had +/-65k total for attendance last year - that's Homecoming & Black Saturday for App. Rmove the AppSt opener from the UTC attendance figures and...well, they've got a ways to go before they are considered a legit FCS program...they might find more success had they gone with VMI to the Big South....doubtful with Liberty & Coastal....maybe they should go MEAC...

App State wasnt even our top attendance game. Another failure by you. Solidly in the top 25 attendance last year. Chattanooga is one of the most talented teams in the country, they play in the best stadium and the best city. They now have a great coach. All the ingredients are there. Chattanooga is about to become one of the most powerful programs in the FCS.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
App's had 6 or 7 victories in Chatty during that same stretch I believe....Finley = The Rock, SouthWest

Your team got manhandled and bullied there last year. Chattanooga gave it to them.

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM

Number of wins they have against furman since 2010...1

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Truthfully, but for a complete and utter Furman meltdown (an eighteen point meltdown, precisely), it would have been 0.

Jokes aside, Furman's dominance over UTC is one of the great mysteries in my years of following sports. What is so bizzare is not only that Furman won so many times, but how one sided so many of the games were. Regardless of the record of either team, during the span, UTC held Furman under 28 points twice. Even bad Furman offenses would light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine against the Mocs.

Truthfully speaking Chattanooga is better than you at almost every single position. That is no mystery.

gophoenix
August 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
xlolx

So let us recap:

GP, as he is often wont to do, intentionally stirs the hornets nest.
A metaphorical stinging ensues.
He then proceeds to report posts and play the martyr "All the mean Apps are picking on me" card.

Yup, sounds about right. About time you guys call him out on it. xawesomex

So, let me get it straight, for anyone else to start a thread to talk about what to do, App and GSU fans band together, descend like a plague of locusts, and smack the living daylights out of whatever other SoCon fan dares to do it, and I'm the bad guy.

Nice system here guys. Nice system. The App fans will be glad, but this place is done. Let the FBS wannabes and any opposing attitude just go elsewhere.

See ya!

citdog
August 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
How is it being a bandwagon fan when they didn't start winning national championships in 05?? I always liked app and always said if football went under at ETSU i would start pulling for them.. so no its not a bandwagon at all.. I had no choice to pull for someone eles.. I hate etsu basketball and the rest of the sports alot of messed up people that work for ETSU.. I dont know everything about UTC or APP and don't know when the records i keep up with the recent and recently we beat you.

What do you mean WE? You have ZERO affiliation with the appy teachers college for mountain gayboys and white rastas.

Apphole
August 2nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Your team got manhandled and bullied there last year. Chattanooga gave it to them.

This post characterizes you perfectly. YOUR TEAM LOST

SCPALADIN
August 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
3481, I like you're decision, but you're Tennessee grammar is showing.

UM...you may want to try that one over again. ;)

SCPALADIN
August 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Number of wins they have against furman since 2010...1

OOOOO burn!!! xrolleyesx

Apphole
August 3rd, 2011, 12:55 AM
UM...you may want to try that one over again. ;)

I rushed that one and I am ashamed.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
This post characterizes you perfectly. YOUR TEAM LOST

And thats the only way you are going to beat Chattanooga is if they outright hand you the game on a silver platter. And even then if they can hit an extra point it probably still wont matter.

appfan2008
August 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
And thats the only way you are going to beat Chattanooga is if they outright hand you the game on a silver platter. And even then if they can hit an extra point it probably still wont matter.

Dont matter how you win... at the end of the day we were 1-0 on the bus ride back and you walked off the field with your heads down (again) 0-1

whether it was handed to us or we woke up and took it... we still won!

appfan2008
August 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
App State wasnt even our top attendance game. Another failure by you. Solidly in the top 25 attendance last year. Chattanooga is one of the most talented teams in the country, they play in the best stadium and the best city. They now have a great coach. All the ingredients are there. Chattanooga is about to become one of the most powerful programs in the FCS.

"best stadium and the best city"

I dont know about either of those... you live in a city that doesnt care about you... unlike boone or statesboro or elon just to name a few in your own conference... and as for the stadium have you been to KBS or missoula or harrisonburg?... your jaw might hit the floor!

Smitty
August 3rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
No use trying to talk sense into Chattownmocs apparently the world was created just for Chattanooga and their football team...

Apps03
August 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I think we've all been had. There is no possible way this guy is real. I can understand plain igpnorance but this is so far past that, well, it's just plain funny/sad

bjtheflamesfan
August 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
I think chattown is so tired of losing to Furman that he has deluded himself because they beat them last year.

Waco Kid
August 3rd, 2011, 08:21 AM

UTC/ASU Series Info:

ASU leads 24-10
ASU has won 6 in a row and 23 of last 26
UTC hasn't won in Boone since 1983
ASU has won 17 straight SoCon openers in Boone

You can keep the silver platter we'll just take the W.

Eaglesrus
August 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
I think we've all been had. There is no possible way this guy is real. I can understand plain igpnorance but this is so far past that, well, it's just plain funny/sad

A while back I came to the conclusion that Chattown must say all of the off-the-wall stuff he does just to bait the rest of us. I then resolved to not respond to him, but it's really difficult to hold that resolve at times.

Appaholic
August 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM

Obviously....what was the score again?

Appaholic
August 3rd, 2011, 08:38 AM

You're right. I believe Opie Esq. has been ostracized by GaSouth and has now adopted UTC as his team...

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
Dont matter how you win... at the end of the day we were 1-0 on the bus ride back and you walked off the field with your heads down (again) 0-1

whether it was handed to us or we woke up and took it... we still won!

And at the end of te day that game was last year and the teams are still going to play this year regardless of past records.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
"best stadium and the best city"

I dont know about either of those... you live in a city that doesnt care about you... unlike boone or statesboro or elon just to name a few in your own conference... and as for the stadium have you been to KBS or missoula or harrisonburg?... your jaw might hit the floor!

Yawn, same rhetoric over and over. It doesnt really matter. Fans dont usually go to see bad teams play. End of story, the mocs are good now and will continue to be good. The fans will care.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
I think chattown is so tired of losing to Furman that he has deluded himself because they beat them last year.

Furman is so far in the rearview mirror that Chattanooga can't even see them anymore. Thats how quickly things can change when you actually hire a coach that knows what hes doing.

Sir William
August 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Furman is so far in the rearview mirror that Chattanooga can't even see them anymore. Thats how quickly things can change when you actually hire a coach that knows what hes doing.

By your logic, then, I'm fairly certain that an "expert" like you would have tremendous cause for concern in our hiring of Bruce Fowler, who was without a doubt one of the best defensive coordinators that Vanderbilt (that little hard-luck SEC school up the road from you) has ever had. Just ask any Vol fan, and they would agree that Fowler was someone they would have loved to have had on their sidelines.

Truth be known, UTC only beat FU in one particluar quarter since 1994, and by virtue of that, you won 1 game. I hope you enjoyed it, b/c with Fowler at our helm (the same Fowler who headed up our defenses during our run to the championship game in 2001), you guys won't ever light us up again.

asumike83
August 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
By your logic, then, I'm fairly certain that an "expert" like you would have tremendous cause for concern in our hiring of Bruce Fowler, who was without a doubt one of the best defensive coordinators that Vanderbilt (that little hard-luck SEC school up the road from you) has ever had. Just ask any Vol fan, and they would agree that Fowler was someone they would have loved to have had on their sidelines.

Truth be known, UTC only beat FU in one particluar quarter since 1994, and by virtue of that, you won 1 game. I hope you enjoyed it, b/c with Fowler at our helm (the same Fowler who headed up our defenses during our run to the championship game in 2001), you guys won't ever light us up again.

Hey man, don't muddy up all the fun with things like 'facts' and 'Win-Loss record'. 3 months from now, he'll come to the realization that the best-case scenario for Chattanooga this year is the 4th best team in the SoCon. Until then, just sit back and enjoy the comedic value of posts about Chattanooga being the best city for an FCS team and the national powerhouse program they've got over there. I figure that when they finish 6-5 again and Chattanooga still has the 11th highest crime rate in the country (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/aug/30/chattanooga-crime-rate-top-20-report/), it will just work itself out naturally.

Appaholic
August 3rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hey man, don't muddy up all the fun with things like 'facts' and 'Win-Loss record'. 3 months from now, he'll come to the realization that the best-case scenario for Chattanooga this year is the 4th best team in the SoCon. Until then, just sit back and enjoy the comedic value of posts about Chattanooga being the best city for an FCS team and the national powerhouse program they've got over there. I figure that when they finish 6-5 again and Chattanooga still has the 11th highest crime rate in the country (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/aug/30/chattanooga-crime-rate-top-20-report/), it will just work itself out naturally.

Agree. Chatty was such an awesome city for FCS, they decided to move the NC game to Frisco, TX.

citdog
August 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Agree. Chatty was such an awesome city for FCS, they decided to move the NC game to Frisco, TX.

That 7 foot tall blonde we saw making out with her girlfriend in that bar following the title game made up for all chatty's shortcomings

Appaholic
August 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
That 7 foot tall blonde we saw making out with her girlfriend in that bar following the title game made up for all chatty's shortcomings

Not to mention the cab driver taking home the Delaware fan...

Dude.....forgot about the Uber-woman....I stand corrected.....did anyone get a picture of that?

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 10:02 AM

No vol fan has ever wanted a vanderbilt coach. At least not in the last half century. Get real, the DC job at Tennessee is far better than the head coaching position at Furman. UTC only beat Furman in 1 quarter since 1994? That is absurd.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 10:05 AM

Cool story about the crime rate, basically dont live in the hood. Who freaking cares.

TheRevSFA
August 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
and on the 8th day, God created Chattanooga..and kissed rationality goodbye.

Smitty
August 3rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
And at the end of te day that game was last year and the teams are still going to play this year regardless of past records.

You know he has a point with this statement. Everything sounds better when you have no historical data to back anything up...

I predict that WCU will go undefeated in SoCon play this year and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Sure stats from last year doesn't reflect really what the team can do this year but until they play the first game, that is the only way you can measure them.

Apphole
August 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
When Chattowntroll is arguing with a GaSo fan, he is quick to cite recent history as evidence that UTC has that game in the bag. When he's arguing with an App fan, he downplays history; saying that this year is different and history doesn't win games.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
When Chattowntroll is arguing with a GaSo fan, he is quick to cite recent history as evidence that UTC has that game in the bag. When he's arguing with an App fan, he downplays history; saying that this year is different and history doesn't win games.

WRONG. the evidence from last years games against both Georgia Southern and App State is that UTC outplayed both of them. They will outplay them this year again. But they wont give games away.

appfan2008
August 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cool story about the crime rate, basically dont live in the hood. Who freaking cares.

Boone has no Hood! Or sketchy area! But you have the best city! HAHAHA

appfan2008
August 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
WRONG. the evidence from last years games against both Georgia Southern and App State is that UTC outplayed both of them. They will outplay them this year again. But they wont give games away.

You might want to double check that crystal ball... I think it has a crack in it....

Sir William
August 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
I think we all know that UTC has consistently year-in and year-out stunk it up in football for a long, long time. They had a good year last year, and can be commended for such; but the fact that this idiot of a poster lacks any sense of humility, especially in light of the deep mediocrity of moc football over the last 20+ years, speaks volumes. It would be equivalent to Indiana football having a good year in the Big Ten, and then boasting that Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State, and Nebraska had better watch out! Like they say in eastern Tennessee...that dog ain't huntin'.

Believe me, the SoCon will be wary of UTC this year, but I doubt that anyone is losing sleep over 'em.

Well. maybe The Citadel. xsmiley_wix

Waco Kid
August 3rd, 2011, 02:40 PM

Evidence from the past 30 years suggests UTC will not beat GSU or ASU and will not contend for the SoCon. If you would have read my post to you earlier today you would know that.

blueballs
August 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
October 8 can't get here fast enough.

ekufbfan
August 3rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but dag, I love your passion So Co fans! Sure is missing in the OVC!xeyebrowx

seantaylor
August 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Chattanooga is a ish hole. Much smaller version of Philly with uglier people and nothing to do.

TheRevSFA
August 3rd, 2011, 08:46 PM

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/coolstory.gif

Skjellyfetti
August 3rd, 2011, 09:08 PM

Evidence from last year points to them giving games away yet again.

Why do you feel they won't give games away this year if they had a propensity to do it last year? xcoffeex

GSU EAGLES
August 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Guys, back off just let chattownmocs have his fun now. Preseason is the only time of the year that he gets to talk smack and about how "this is the year". Unfortunately 30 years of history indicates that his reality will once again come crashing down. I kind of feel sorry for him since he has so much hope, yet we all know it is hopeless. Just let the poor young fellow enjoy himself for 4 more weeks. Everyone should have a little pleasure and the next 4 weeks is it for him.

OL FU
August 4th, 2011, 06:31 AM
This is a long dang thread. Which I haven't read perhaps because I don't wish either school out of the SoCon. Will understand if it happens, but don't wish for it.

On the other hand, remember that Chattanooga always kicks ***xlolx

appfan2008
August 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM
This is a long dang thread. Which I haven't read perhaps because I don't wish either school out of the SoCon. Will understand if it happens, but don't wish for it.

On the other hand, remember that Chattanooga always kicks ***xlolx

At least someone has sense on this thread and it is no surprise that it is you OL FU... thanks for keeping the fighting down low and on simmer...!

PaladinFan
August 4th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Has UTC supplanted Elon as the team that everyone wants to "shut up until you win a playoff game?"

Look, everyone wants UTC to do well. Folks are excited to see a program on the rise that has been terrible for so long. Still, with this crowd, you have to earn your keep.

Here's the reality. UTC has one playoff appearance. Ever. Furman, App, and Georgia Southern have appeared in more National Championship games, than UTC has made the playoffs. You just aren't going to make a lot of headway talking about how much better UTC is. Dog doesn't hunt as my friends say.

eaglemachine
August 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Has UTC supplanted Elon as the team that everyone wants to "shut up until you win a playoff game?"

Look, everyone wants UTC to do well. Folks are excited to see a program on the rise that has been terrible for so long. Still, with this crowd, you have to earn your keep.

Here's the reality. UTC has one playoff appearance. Ever. Furman, App, and Georgia Southern have appeared in more National Championship games, than UTC has made the playoffs. You just aren't going to make a lot of headway talking about how much better UTC is. Dog doesn't hunt as my friends say.

I think GSU about has more playoff wins than UTC has total wins in the past 20 years.

I think it can now be organized this way:

Georgia State
UN-Charlotte
UTC

bottom being the worst obviously.

Apphole
August 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I think GSU about has more playoff wins that UTC has in the past 20 years.

I think it can now be organized this way:

Georgia State
UN-Charlotte
UTC

bottom being the worst obviously.

Very accurate list. Both in terms of delusions of fan bases and lack of actual athletic success. They should form a conference. The WTNS (wait till next season!) conference. It would compete in division 2, but all it's fans would say it's more prestigious than the SEC.

AppMan
August 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM

I must have missed something. When did the Bulldogs play in the NC game?

Appaholic
August 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I must have missed something. When did the Bulldogs play in the NC game?

Obviously, hell did not freeze over. So Citdog, in an effort to experience Championship Football first hand, had to tuck his tail betwixt his legs (nothing else there) and attend the 2007 game with App fans.

ButlerGSU
August 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM
When is the last time a President spoke at appy?

Not to get into this pissing match but President George W. Bush spoke at Georgia Southern in October of 2006.

proasu89
August 28th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I would like to have a mod contact me about getting a refund on the last 30 mins of my life I pi$$ed away reading this.

appfan2008
August 29th, 2011, 07:28 AM
presidents speaking at universities? really? that is how low this has gone?

Mountaineer#96
August 29th, 2011, 07:43 AM
This thread is like an episode from Jersey Shore.

crossfire07
August 29th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Re: Wishful: Paul won the lottery

OH BOY!

ElonFirefighter
August 29th, 2011, 11:13 AM
How about adding the Hindenburg as a replacement for app, it’s almost an exact exchange. Both are filled with hot air and after their move they both end in disaster

asumike83
August 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM
How about adding the Hindenburg as a replacement for app, it’s almost an exact exchange. Both are filled with hot air and after their move they both end in disaster

Not a bad idea. At least the Hindenburg won't bring a record crowd to your stadium and watch their pilots curb stomp the best football team Elon has ever fielded.

asknoquarter21
August 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxThis thread was fantastic xsmileyclapx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Georgia Southern will never leave the SUCKCon, just like Georgia Southern will never see a national championship ever again in football.

cmaxwellgsu
August 29th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Georgia Southern will never leave the SUCKCon, just like Georgia Southern will never see a national championship ever again in football.

When are you leaving? You're about as well-liked here as your cult was when it started.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
When are you leaving? You're about as well-liked here as your cult was when it started.

Yeah, but at least my cult has been around longer than your trailer park trash at Georgia Southern. My cult's school also has a football national title at the highest level unlike your trailer park trash, and my cult has a larger following worldwide than your trailer park trash.

Get off your morbidly obese southern fat @ss and quit ruining this country with all your alumni running off to apply for disability!

cmaxwellgsu
August 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but at least my cult has been around longer than your trailer park trash at Georgia Southern. My cult's school also has a football national title at the highest level unlike your trailer park trash, and my cult has a larger following worldwide than your trailer park trash.

Get off your morbidly obese southern fat @ss and quit ruining this country with all your alumni running off to apply for disability!

How about your cult stops marrying 14 year olds?

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM

How 'bout Georgia Southern refrain from having such piss-poor academic standards! Georgia Southern is like a New York prostitute. . . .any d!ckhead can make his way in.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Cmaxwellgsu must be on disability. You know, if you'd actually be healthy and exercise for a change which is something your kind in the very deep South knows very little about, this country's healthcare wouldn't be so screwed up, and Social Security wouldn't be at risk of extermination. I thank fat @sses like you for f-ing up this country. Lazy SOB's like you make it hard to build this country into something more than the slothful cesspool it has become thanks to people like you.

cmaxwellgsu
August 29th, 2011, 05:32 PM
How 'bout Georgia Southern refrain from having such piss-poor academic standards! Georgia Southern is like a New York prostitute. . . .any d!ckhead can make his way in.

Our standards are just fine. We're doing quite well, even boasting our state's Lt. Gov. as an alum. None of our alumni or followers are subject to Megan's Law. As for trailer parks, have you seen what you cult's compounds look like?

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Our standards are just fine. We're doing quite well, even boasting our state's Lt. Gov. as an alum. None of our alumni or followers are subject to Megan's Law. As for trailer parks, have you seen what you cult's compounds look like?

Very nice houses, I'm afraid. Obviously, you've never been to Provo, but I've been to Statesboro. You're just jealous 'cause you can't get one woman to love your ugly fat @ss, much less multiple ladies! Eat it, son!

cmaxwellgsu
August 29th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Very nice houses, I'm afraid. Obviously, you've never been to Provo, but I've been to Statesboro. You're just jealous 'cause you can't get one woman to love your ugly fat @ss, much less multiple ladies! Eat it, son!

What are you talking about? If anyone is disabled and bored, it would be you posting on a board for a division your school doesn't even compete. You've obviously never seen the women in Statesboro, they put those fat redheaded pasties you polygamists drool over to shame.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
What are you talking about? If anyone is disabled and bored, it would be you posting on a board for a division your school doesn't even compete. You've obviously never seen the women in Statesboro, they put those fat redheaded pasties you polygamists drool over to shame.

And when they aren't plowing the cornfield, they're just getting plowed by the next dumb jock on GSU's campus. Keep dreamin', buddy! Georgia Southern was, is, and always will be beneath BYU in every way, shape, and form! Hahahahahahahaha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM

I guess Ursus has been busy protecting your pitiful behind, cmaxipad! Really, you're still a lazy fat @ss and Georgia Southern is still trailer park trash.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM

You're just jealous because your ugly fat @ss can't land any woman much less multiple ladies!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Very nice homes, I'm afraid. I can see you haven't been to Provo, but I've been to your piece of hell on Earth called Statesboro. Medium income for Georgia Southern alumni might be around $25,000 after disability pays out.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Cmaxipad has to have the board moderators to protect him. Thank you, Ursus, for denying my speech but for allowing other speech. You're so selective!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Georgia Southern is like a New York prostitute. . . . .any d!ckhead can find his way in. That's piss-poor academic standards for ya'. It is Georgia Southern afterall.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 05:57 PM

You're just jealous because your ugly fat @ss can't get any woman to love you. . . .much less multiple ladies!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM

CMaxipad =xbabycryx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM

cmaxipad =xbabycryx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM

cmaxipad = xbabycryx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM

cmaxipad =xbabycryx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

Ha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

Haha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

Hahaha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

Hahahaha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx

Hahahahahaha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:19 PM
cmaxipad = xbabycryx <-----Ursus's b!tch.

xlolx

cmaxwellgsu
August 29th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Keep up the good work Mormon Boy....delete and repost until you have that masterpiece of a comeback!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Keep up the good work Mormon Boy....delete and repost until you have that masterpiece of a comeback!

Awww. Go f#ck your cousin, trailer park trash! Hahahahahaha!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I didn't delete my posts. Your friend, Ursus, or some other Division 1-AA ficade has been deleting them all.

Appaholic
August 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I didn't delete my posts. Your friend, Ursus, or some other Division 1-AA ficade has been deleting them all.

Ursus! Have you been deleting posts again?

Side Judge
August 29th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Awww. Go f#ck your cousin, trailer park trash! Hahahahahaha!

So help a sinner out here friend - how does one reconcile these posts with your stated interests of "Serving the Lord God, Reading God's Holy Bible, Reading God's Book of Mormon, Health & Fitness"?

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
So help a sinner out here friend - how does one reconcile these posts with your stated interests of "Serving the Lord God, Reading God's Holy Bible, Reading God's Book of Mormon, Health & Fitness"?

Hahahahahaha! By being the jerk you wanted me to be? I do all those things in person. What I do on the sports forum for lowly Division 1-AA teams really doesn't count since it's not real life! Hahahahahaha! It's just the Internet. . . .RIGHT?!

Side Judge
August 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Hahahahahaha! By being the jerk you wanted me to be? I do all those things in person. What I do on the sports forum for lowly Division 1-AA teams really doesn't count since it's not real life! Hahahahahaha! It's just the Internet. . . .RIGHT?!

Have you done your mission yet?