PDA

View Full Version : Wishful: GSU and App out of the SoCon

Pages : 1 [2]

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Have you done your mission yet?

I can't serve a mission because I am beyond the age to serve a full-time mission.xthumbsupx I guess my mission is focused on exposing your religiously bigoted fans like that southern-fried fat @ss, cmaxipad, from Traier Park Trash University (aka Georgia Southern).

cmaxwellgsu
August 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggtPHDmrR8

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
August 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggtPHDmrR8

Hahahahahahaha! Nice try, Maxipad! You think you can offend me by your Southern Baptist/Methodist bullcrap by posting links to a Broadway show or some TV show for drug addicts and losers like you?

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah, you're really doing the lord's work here, rockyboy. xrolleyesx

alvinkayak6
August 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
The only thing The Citadel is "well known across this planet" for these days is bad football and Shannon Faulkner. Time to face the truth. The conference may have been influential until 1953 but it’s gone downhill since. ASU recaptured some national attention for the league over the past several years, but without ASU & GSU the conference will slide into mediocre football status. When JMU and ODU make the move perhaps the conference can lure W&M and Richmond back into the fold. Why not shoot for the trifecta and bring back VMI. Then you guys can spend the rest of your days reliving the past and playing for the glory of the Silver Shanko.

Losing Appalachian & GSU would indeed be a devastating hit to the conference. Chatt has a lot of pro prospects right now, so they would need to buoy the conference IMO. Furman has a lot of room for growth, and Elon is a "hot" school in general. The irony is that App & GSU will probably decline as well (as many have done trying to go to the next level). Southern Conference leadership needs to get its act together and figure out a winning strategy ASAP. xprayx

alvinkayak6
August 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I guess my mission is focused on exposing your religiously bigoted fans

I don't know how much time you spend on message boards, but this doesn't sound like the most productive use of your time.

ElonFirefighter
August 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hahahahahahaha! Nice try, Maxipad! You think you can offend me by your Southern Baptist/Methodist bullcrap by posting links to a Broadway show or some TV show for drug addicts and losers like you?

congrats backwoods mountain boy. keep posting the nonsense and you might be able to vote in the AGS poll. Though I doubt you could figure out how to pick 20 teams. I know this computer thingamajig is complicated, but you'll figure it out. And i bet you can get that post count up to 100 with the 8 responses you give me for this 1 post

superman7515
February 13th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Bumping this back up for the stroll down memory lane of a thread containing both Chattownmocs and TennesseeBoyintheRockies...

citdog
February 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Bumping this back up for the stroll down memory lane of a thread containing both Chattownmocs and TennesseeBoyintheRockies...

Damn we drove that poor mormon boy to drink.

coca cola

think there were about 35 removed posts from me on this thread.

I was intemperate in my younger days

ursus arctos horribilis
February 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Damn we drove that poor mormon boy to drink.

coca cola

think there were about 35 removed posts from me on this thread.

I was intemperate in my younger days

I just checked and there were only 7 posts deleted in the thread and none were by me. I think side judge may have exercised some wise judgement at the time to get rid of a couple of them but most were deleted by the person posting them.

You may have been a sacraficial lamb at the time but I didn't look through the whole thread. I do remember you and dback taking this one to the cleaners many times in a short amount of time during this period though.xlolx

cmaxwellgsu
February 14th, 2013, 07:46 AM

Haha! I had forgotten about that exchange.....

superman7515
February 14th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Haha! I had forgotten about that exchange.....

Would you like me to call you cmaxipad a few times for the sake of nostalgia?

cmaxwellgsu
February 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=superman7515;1939591]Would you like me to call you cmaxipad a few times for the sake of nostalgia?[/QUOTE

I don't know that I've ever triggered a rant that size in my life. And keep in mind I spent 5 years in Statesboro.....

chattanoogamocs
February 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
...a year and a half later and people are still on here making the same arguments about the same things.

If you read through the thread and didn't look at the dates, it could have been started yesterday. :)

citdog
February 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
...a year and a half later and people are still on here making the same arguments about the same things.

If you read through the thread and didn't look at the dates, it could have been started yesterday. :)

yep.....STILL NO INVITE.

ASUMountaineer
February 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM
yep.....STILL NO INVITE.

If you ever need to find citdog, just mention App State.

I know, I know..."get a new shtick." The day you do, then I will as well. xthumbsupx

The Eagle's Cliff
November 9th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Thought it would be fun to pull this out

So, what do you think about year 1 guys? Chatty has to be ecstatic finally getting to the playoffs after 30 years. Samford doing it's thing. Congrats to Western on a great year for your program. Looks like Mercer will be running this place before long. Not sure what's going on at Wofford and Furman, but Citadel and VMI pretty much bottom-feeding as usual.

It's been fun on this end, though the lack of bowl eligibility puts a damper on things along with the possibility of losing our coach after just one year. The flip-side is that the fan base seems to have adjusted quickly to the idea of making each game count and attendance and season ticket sales are up over 30%.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Thought it would be fun to pull this out

So, what do you think about year 1 guys? Chatty has to be ecstatic finally getting to the playoffs after 30 years. Samford doing it's thing. Congrats to Western on a great year for your program. Looks like Mercer will be running this place before long. Not sure what's going on at Wofford and Furman, but Citadel and VMI pretty much bottom-feeding as usual.

It's been fun on this end, though the lack of bowl eligibility puts a damper on things along with the possibility of losing our coach after just one year. The flip-side is that the fan base seems to have adjusted quickly to the idea of making each game count and attendance and season ticket sales are up over 30%.

Excited for you guys so far. Definitely cheering for you.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 9th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Excited for you guys so far. Definitely cheering for you.

Panther Rob! You and Cap'n Cat have to be on Cloud 9! Congrats on the victory and thanks for the encouragement.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2014, 03:12 PM
The problem is App State and GSU are still relegated to FBS purgatory in the Sun Belt. On the field performance, facilities and attendance, as whole, are not good right now. The conference has failed to really create any sort of niche. This where the MAC has thrived....

I also think the FBS saturation in SBC states really hurts. Georgia Southern and App State have simply too much instate competition, especially when it comes to funding i.e. supressing "little brother".

GSU is having a nice year but no one in FBS cares. That is the unfortunate reality of their situation. GSU and App State need to really step up their game if they at least want to be major players in the G5. The MWC and AAC programs are still miles ahead in terms of facilities, funding and scheduling....

The Eagle's Cliff
November 9th, 2014, 03:45 PM
The problem is App State and GSU are still relegated to FBS purgatory in the Sun Belt. On the field performance, facilities and attendance, as whole, are not good right now. The conference has failed to really create any sort of niche. This where the MAC has thrived....

I also think the FBS saturation in SBC states really hurts. Georgia Southern and App State have simply too much instate competition, especially when it comes to funding i.e. supressing "little brother".

GSU is having a nice year but no one in FBS cares. That is the unfortunate reality of their situation. GSU and App State need to really step up their game if they at least want to be major players in the G5. The MWC and AAC programs are still miles ahead in terms of facilities, funding and scheduling....

A lot of what you say has merit. This is year one of a 30-year outlook. The next phase is keeping Georgia recruits who we want from signing with other G5's and building a dominant program in our conference with some timely wins against the bigger boys. It's also true that "no one cares" about any D1 program outside of the Top 25, but the 250+ of us play anyway.

The main AAC program I have my eye on is newbie East Carolina. Our schools have a lot in common historically, geographically and politically in our respective state university systems. We can get to where ECU is with good baseball, football, and a 45-50K stadium.

In our immediate 50-mile market, the sponsors have stepped up and made large, long-term commitments to the program. What you say about many G5 FBS schools is true and it's also true for many FCS schools and a few P5's. What we have now are opportunities replacing the media market-imposed glass ceiling.

dgtw
November 9th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Congrats on the good season.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Panther Rob! You and Cap'n Cat have to be on Cloud 9! Congrats on the victory and thanks for the encouragement.

We are. I never used to check the Sun Belt scores. Glad you held on yesterday.