PDA

View Full Version : App State at Furman

Pages : [1] 2

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well, this was the preseason game of the year. Still the most important homegame for the Paladins. I got the following stats off the Furman Athletics site....

Twenty three of the series' 38 games have been decided by nine points or less, and the seven ASU-Furman games from 2000-05 were settled by a total of 21 points. In addition, the home team has won 10 of the last 11 games. Furman has won four of the last five in Greenville.

Get's my vote as one of the most intense, close, and exciting rivalries in the country.

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
should be a lot of fun saturday... furman sure will be up for the game and i expect their best game of the year against us while i do think we will be up after being out played at home and losing the streak... should be a good game hopefully the better team wins... i will be down there rooting my brains out for the black and gold...

GO APPS

Seven Would Be Nice
October 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
The best part is that one of you has to lose! xsmiley_wix

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
The last time ASU saw Jerome Felton he rushed for 72 yrds at 4.5 ypc in the regular season game in '05 and then 105 yrds and a score in the playoffs.

I'm anxious to see how ASU tries to counter him this go around. The Mountaineers seem to have had some trouble slowing down the run this season. I'll pull out my hair if Furman comes out and starts trying to pass (we've been known to do ridiculous things in football games).
Felton has been quiet this year, but he's still just as much of a load as he ever was and finally starting to show signs of life in 07.

terrierbob
October 22nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
I wonder how many times the winner has gone to the playoffs.

proasu89
October 22nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
I wonder how many times the winner has gone to the playoffs.

Don't know for sure, but I feel pretty confident that the loser of this game won't go.

Peems
October 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Don't know for sure, but I feel pretty confident that the loser of this game won't go.

concurred. Furman is pretty much already, done this will just solidify it, ASU still has a great shot, but if they lose 3 conference losses would be tough to overcome. Should be a great game.

BestOfBreed
October 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Has a SoCon school ever gotten in with 3 conference losses? Personally, I think ASU would still get in with 3 but I don't think it's ever been done before. Also, I think they win this one.

Btw, I think the winner of this game has gotten in all but 6 times since the playoffs started (1 tie but they both got in that year).

james_lawfirm
October 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
The last time ASU saw Jerome Felton he rushed for 72 yrds at 4.5 ypc in the regular season game in '05 and then 105 yrds and a score in the playoffs.

I'm anxious to see how ASU tries to counter him this go around. The Mountaineers seem to have had some trouble slowing down the run this season. I'll pull out my hair if Furman comes out and starts trying to pass (we've been known to do ridiculous things in football games).
Felton has been quiet this year, but he's still just as much of a load as he ever was and finally starting to show signs of life in 07.

Paladin Fan:

The last time ASU saw Felton was in '06 in Boone, when, although injured, he dressed out and was put into the game as a decoy only. Obviously, he did not do too well then.

I know what you meant however. Looking forward to Saturday.

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Paladin Fan:

The last time ASU saw Felton was in '06 in Boone, when, although injured, he dressed out and was put into the game as a decoy only. Obviously, he did not do too well then.

I know what you meant however. Looking forward to Saturday.

He stood in the backfield for two plays.

was that even a necessary comment?

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
concurred. Furman is pretty much already, done this will just solidify it, ASU still has a great shot, but if they lose 3 conference losses would be tough to overcome. Should be a great game.

It makes those 10 points left on the field by our kicker at The Citadel two weeks ago all the more excruciating. We're going to look back at this season and see that game as the one that did us in.

If Furman had made just 1 of the three missed fieldgoals or even the bloody extra point, then this conference race would really be interesting.

dungeonjoe
October 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
It makes those 10 points left on the field by our kicker at The Citadel two weeks ago all the more excruciating. We're going to look back at this season and see that game as the one that did us in.

If Furman had made just 1 of the three missed fieldgoals or even the bloody extra point, then this conference race would really be interesting.
...and if Wofford hadn't turned the ball over 4 times against Elon...

We can't do anything about the past now-- gotta move forward! Furman can still be a spoiler if not a player in the SoCon this year.

appsfan
October 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
This game starts a stretch of regular season "playoff" games for the winner. IThis is pretty close to do or die time.

appstate38
October 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Well I just hope we show up to play on the Defensive side of the ball. The Offense will be fine. The big thing for this game will be if our d can contant Furman's O. If we can find a way to hold you guys under 28 points we should win. I only say that because scoring 30 or more hasn't been much of a problem for us this year and I see no reason for that not to continue.

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
This game starts a stretch of regular season "playoff" games for the winner. IThis is pretty close to do or die time.

we have begun our playoffs

AppStateSVX
October 22nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Felton scares me to death. Our defense HAS to start helping our offense more in these big games

james_lawfirm
October 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
He stood in the backfield for two plays.

was that even a necessary comment?

Sure was.

LarryBoy
October 22nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
I expect this game to be more intense than normal, even. It'll be a different atmosphere, no doubt--this is not the usual matchup of two top 5 teams--but certainly intense.

App is backed into the corner. NO ONE expected them to be in this position. Now they're playing for their playoff lives and out to prove that they're still the team to beat in this whole thing. Perhaps more than any time over the last three years, App's pride is at stake.

Furman, on the other hand, is a team with next to nothing to lose. And their anger toward App cannot be underestimated. That is a dangerous combination. In '04, the unexpected loss at Kidd Brewer (and Richie Williams' 28 in a row) was all that prevented Furman from claiming its only #1 seed in school history. In '05, App was responsible for denying Furman both the SoCon and a Nat'l Championship birth. In '06, App delivered Furman its worst defeat of the 21st Century, and helped send Furman to the forsaken tundra of Bozeman for the playoffs.

Beating App may not completely salvage Furman's season, but it would be close. App is a pack of gorillas that has been hanging out on the Paladins' collective backs for too long. I expect nothing less than an all-out brawl at Paladin Stadium on Friday.

Eagle22
October 22nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
Has a SoCon school ever gotten in with 3 conference losses? Personally, I think ASU would still get in with 3 but I don't think it's ever been done before. Also, I think they win this one.

Btw, I think the winner of this game has gotten in all but 6 times since the playoffs started (1 tie but they both got in that year).

It's only been done once, according to my research ....

GSU lost 3 conference games in 1995, and made the most of our inclusion with an opening round win @ Troy State (I think the Trojans were ranked #2 or #3).

We followed that up with one of our worst losses ever, a 45-0 drubbing @ Montana the next week. Stower's last game at GSU.

There was only one other team with an 8-3 regular season mark, with those losses all in conference ... that team, Furman's 1984 squad, might have been playoff eligible, but with the smaller playoff field prior to 1986, they probably weren't given as much consideration.

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
I expect this game to be more intense than normal, even. It'll be a different atmosphere, no doubt--this is not the usual matchup of two top 5 teams--but certainly intense.

App is backed into the corner. NO ONE expected them to be in this position. Now they're playing for their playoff lives and out to prove that they're still the team to beat in this whole thing. Perhaps more than any time over the last three years, App's pride is at stake.

Furman, on the other hand, is a team with next to nothing to lose. And their anger toward App cannot be underestimated. That is a dangerous combination. In '04, the unexpected loss at Kidd Brewer (and Richie Williams' 28 in a row) was all that prevented Furman from claiming its only #1 seed in school history. In '05, App was responsible for denying Furman both the SoCon and a Nat'l Championship birth. In '06, App delivered Furman its worst defeat of the 21st Century, and helped send Furman to the forsaken tundra of Bozeman for the playoffs.

Beating App may not completely salvage Furman's season, but it would be close. App is a pack of gorillas that has been hanging out on the Paladins' collective backs for too long. I expect nothing less than an all-out brawl at Paladin Stadium on Friday.

man all those words are fighting words and it gets me excited... IS IT SATURDAY YET???

AppGirl
October 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM

Y'all go ahead and beat yourselves up in the brawl on Friday. It will make it easier for us on Saturday. xsmiley_wix

T-Dog
October 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Felton scares me to death. Our defense HAS to start helping our offense more in these big games

Seconded.

I still remember Felton in the 05 semis running over our secondary with ease at points. It was VERY bleak looking that game for a while due to Felton and Ingle.

LarryBoy
October 23rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
Y'all go ahead and beat yourselves up in the brawl on Friday. It will make it easier for us on Saturday. xsmiley_wix

Some teams take that Friday practice easy. Not us!

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
A big difference this year for Furman is a very App State-like defensive front. 7 games in and 21 sacks. Those front four come after the quarterback like they've never really done. Unlike most years, I don't expect the ASU quarterback to have 30 seconds to throw the ball like most years.

I really want to see how our team responds. 17 seniors including Felton and Gipson. Our playoff hopes are dim to non-existent after a lot of talk about a championship run in the preseason. If you can't make the playoffs, you might as well beat your rivals. ASU might just be a good deal better than Furman, but I think they'll get our best shot.

Nobody wants to beat App more than Bobby Lamb. Here comes the kitchen sink.

james_lawfirm
October 23rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
A big difference this year for Furman is a very App State-like defensive front. 7 games in and 21 sacks. Those front four come after the quarterback like they've never really done. Unlike most years, I don't expect the ASU quarterback to have 30 seconds to throw the ball like most years.

I really want to see how our team responds. 17 seniors including Felton and Gipson. Our playoff hopes are dim to non-existent after a lot of talk about a championship run in the preseason. If you can't make the playoffs, you might as well beat your rivals. ASU might just be a good deal better than Furman, but I think they'll get our best shot.

Wow! You fellers need to just calm down, especially ol' B.Lamb hisself, and play some football. We'll be there. I am looking forward to a good game.

matfu
October 23rd, 2007, 07:38 PM

more sacks by us (furman) but the run defense up the middle against opposing quarterbacks has been bad...poor tackling. it will take by far our best effort of the year to beat app state and that may not be enough.

Death Dealer
October 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
I love everyone's enthusiasm!xthumbsupx We will have an uphill battle on our hands Saturday, mainly because, no matter how much pressure we put on Elder or Edwards, we still have little to no pass defense.xoopsx We will definitely have to play our best game just to keep it competitive this weekend. Can we beat crAppy? Yes we can!xnodx xprayx

Death Dealer
October 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Oh, and we can't count on that POS kicker to help us out either, so it's TD's or xthumbsdownx xbangx xpissedx

appstate38
October 23rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Look here knights... You are the only school in the SoCon that we have a losing record to... And we would like to get another game closer to evening the score.

seantaylor
October 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Appy wins BIG

jonmac
October 23rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
I love everyone's enthusiasm!xthumbsupx We will have an uphill battle on our hands Saturday, mainly because, no matter how much pressure we put on Elder or Edwards, we still have little to no pass defense.xoopsx We will definitely have to play our best game just to keep it competitive this weekend. Can we beat crAppy? Yes we can!xnodx xprayx

2 other teams have done just that. I don't think I can take that happening again. I do look forward to a good game. Wish I could be there. I was in G-ville in '91(maybe, not sure) the triple OT game that we won. That was awesome. Only time I've been to Paladin Stadium, those keys drove me nuts(it was a short drive.)

jonmac
October 23rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
I think it was actually '90. Oh well. Whenever it was great. I've had a couple knocks on the head since then. And I was also there in '92, what is wrong with me, yawn, must go to bed. Good night all.

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
more sacks by us (furman) but the run defense up the middle against opposing quarterbacks has been bad...poor tackling. it will take by far our best effort of the year to beat app state and that may not be enough.

Don't really see how thats the case. We are giving up 3.3 ypc, Outside of Wofford we have the second best rush defense in the conference.

Our pass defense is whats killing us. Pass rush is there, run defense is there, but teams are throwing all over us.

appstate38
October 24th, 2007, 03:05 PM
2 other teams have done just that. I don't think I can take that happening again. I do look forward to a good game. Wish I could be there. I was in G-ville in '91(maybe, not sure) the triple OT game that we won. That was awesome. Only time I've been to Paladin Stadium, those keys drove me nuts(it was a short drive.)

It was '91, but it only took 1 overtime.... I think.... and I was there. Maybe 2 OT's..... Now I am confused.xoopsx

OL FU
October 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/furm/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

FU Game release with the rundown of all the close ASU/FU games over the years. It is near the middle of the release. Funny they didn't list last yearxeyebrowx :o

OL FU
October 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
It was '91, but it only took 1 overtime.... I think.... and I was there. Maybe 2 OT's..... Now I am confused.xoopsx

'91 three OTsxsmiley_wix

LehighFan11
October 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Is Armanti going to start? I'm prolly going to try to watch some of this game on SS in between the USC and Oregon game.

walliver
October 24th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by BestOfBreed

It's only been done once, according to my research ....

GSU lost 3 conference games in 1995, and made the most of our inclusion with an opening round win @ Troy State (I think the Trojans were ranked #2 or #3).

We followed that up with one of our worst losses ever, a 45-0 drubbing @ Montana the next week. Stower's last game at GSU.

There was only one other team with an 8-3 regular season mark, with those losses all in conference ... that team, Furman's 1984 squad, might have been playoff eligible, but with the smaller playoff field prior to 1986, they probably weren't given as much consideration.

Wofford went 8-3 in 2004 with all three losses in conference, but our OOC wins over SC State, Johnson C. Smith, Gardner-Webb and VMI didn't impress anybody.

I suspect ASU would get a bid at 8-3 (even though that would only be 7 D-I wins). Unfortunately, if ASU got in with 7 D-I wins and won the NC, people would be screaming to allow all 7 win teams into the playoffs.

At the start of the year, I had guessed this was probably the week ASU got knocked off. After last week, I initially thought that ASU would be fired up and impossible to beat, but, on further reflection, now expect the horses to win a squeaker (or it could be an ASU blowout).

asu70
October 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM

I think you are spot on in your comments and I agree that the game will be an all-out brawl with the outcome in doubt until the very end. Over the years, this game has been decided by a TD or less... I don't see the outcome being any different this year. The Palidins are a class program and App will have to bring their A game to come out of Greenville with the win.

james_lawfirm
October 24th, 2007, 04:41 PM
After last week, I initially thought that ASU would be fired up and impossible to beat, but, on further reflection, now expect the horses to win a squeaker (or it could be an ASU blowout).

Talk about covering all the bases. Geesh! At least you are confident in your answer.

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I think you are spot on in your comments and I agree that the game will be an all-out brawl with the outcome in doubt until the very end. Over the years, this game has been decided by a TD or less... I don't see the outcome being any different this year. The Palidins are a class program and App will have to bring their A game to come out of Greenville with the win.App State by a lot.xoopsx

Reverse psychology......xcoolx

boonegoon
October 24th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Hey,are there any good lunch/bbq places that are near the campus? We are coming down but don't want to go all the way downtown if we can help it. Any info will be appreciated.

LarryBoy
October 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM
There are scores of good places to eat in Greenville....unfortunately, Furman is technically in Travelers Rest, and near none of them.

The closest cluster of restaurants is Cherrydale, about 5 minutes down Poinsett Highway from the campus. That has an Olive Garden, Chik-Fil-A, a pizza place, a hotdog place, an Atlanta Bread Company, a Zaxby's, a Subway, and other similar places.

But anything better is going to be downtown, on Haywood, or on Woodruff, all of which are in the 15-20 minute range travel-wise.

GaSouthern
October 24th, 2007, 08:31 PM
IMO Furmans D will be much better than GSU's, at the same rate, GSU's O seems to be a few steps above Furmans. I think they can and will pull out the upset! Give em hell Furple!

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Hey,are there any good lunch/bbq places that are near the campus? We are coming down but don't want to go all the way downtown if we can help it. Any info will be appreciated.

No great BBQ places very close to FU, but there are several great Mexican restaurants on White Horse Rd., hwy 25. The best is a place called Las Meras Tortas. Saturdays, they have fresh tamales in several varieties. Dude, they are so good! xnodx xthumbsupx But it might make for an unpleasant ride back to Boone!:D xnodx :o xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
October 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
i will be heading up from atlanta for the game where i will be away from boone for the weekend... lots of driving...

leave boone at 12 friday for atlanta... leave atl for asu fu at 10am sat... go back to atl after the game... atl to boone sunday afternoon...

gonna be a long weekend!

i love being young... and stupid!

jonmac
October 24th, 2007, 10:08 PM

You may remember me from that game. Me and my buddy had our faces painted and led the app fans in the fight song and kick off/olympic theme. Man those were fun times.

Saint3333
October 25th, 2007, 08:35 AM
A 8-3 ASU team (no matter who they lose to) is in the playoffs and likely would receive a home game. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

No FCS team has ever beaten a FBS bowl bound team and 8 wins from one of the 5 big FCS conference gets you in the playoffs (unless you're Wofford xsmiley_wix).

OL FU
October 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
A 8-3 ASU team (no matter who they lose to) is in the playoffs and likely would receive a home game. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

No FCS team has ever beaten a FBS bowl bound team and 8 wins from one of the 5 big FCS conference gets you in the playoffs (unless you're Wofford xsmiley_wix).

That may be but at 8-3 ASU maybe fourth place in the conference. It would be real interesting to see a fourth place team go to the playoffs and a third place team stay home. It is possible but interestingxnodx

Appaholic
October 25th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Talk about covering all the bases. Geesh! At least you are confident in your answer.

Yeah...he almost sounds like a lawyer....xsmiley_wix

Appaholic
October 25th, 2007, 08:49 AM
App State by a lot.xoopsx

Reverse psychology......xcoolx

Furman will kill us....we stand no chance.........

Reverse back at you....xpeacex

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM

we beat your ass 54-51!

the refs gave you 14pts so i wouldn't complain you purple pussy

Appaholic
October 25th, 2007, 08:51 AM
we beat your ass 54-51!

the refs gave you 14pts so i wouldn't complain you purple pussy

Hey bellhop.....can you validate my parking?

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 08:53 AM

no, but i can stick your luggage up your ass!xthumbsupx xrulesx

OL FU
October 25th, 2007, 08:54 AM
no, but i can stick your luggage up your ass!xthumbsupx xrulesx

Well I need some where to check my luggage too, so you might as well see if you can schlep some more in his direction:p

Millwoch
October 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Appy will not get in with 3 conference losses if 3 or more teams have 2 losses in conference(not total loses). Every team in the conference at this point either has one or 2 conference losses except WCU (thus all have a shot, all be it for some a long shot)

Wofford 3-1 play WCU, GSU, Chatty
Elon 3-1 play Chatty, FU, Cit
The Citadel 3-1 Play GSU, Appy, Elon
Chatty 2-2 Play Elon, Woffy, Appy
GSU 2-2 play Cit, Woffy, FU
Appy 1-2 Play FU, Cit, WCU, Chatty
FU 1-2 play Appy, Elon, GSU,WCU
WCU 0-4 does not matter

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Well I need some where to check my luggage too, so you might as well see if you can schlep some more in his direction:p

i would carry Ol FU's luggage, he's my friend!xthumbsupx

LarryBoy
October 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM
In regards to the question of an 8-3 App making the playoffs, I think they probably would. Remember that a 7-win Montana State team got in last year mainly on the strength of their win over a pitiful Colorado team (and the bums got a home game....).

As far as the conference...I've never been as big of a WCU or GSU fan as I am now. If WCU pulls the upset tonight (not likely) and GSU knocks of Citadel Saturday (somewhat likely) and we find it in ourselves to take down App (call an exorcist?), then the SoCon race becomes even more of a brawl than it already is.

Saint3333
October 25th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Appy will not get in with 3 conference losses if 3 or more teams have 2 losses in conference(not total loses). Every team in the conference at this point either has one or 2 conference losses except WCU (thus all have a shot, all be it for some a long shot)

Wofford 3-1 play WCU, GSU, Chatty
Elon 3-1 play Chatty, FU, Cit
The Citadel 3-1 Play GSU, Appy, Elon
Chatty 2-2 Play Elon, Woffy, Appy
GSU 2-2 play Cit, Woffy, FU
Appy 1-2 Play FU, Cit, WCU, Chatty
FU 1-2 play Appy, Elon, GSU,WCU
WCU 0-4 does not matter

I really hope it doesn't come down to it, and ASU finishing 9-2 or 8-3 isn't a guarantee by any means. But an ASU team at 8-3 is a playoff LOCK, write it down, print it. Chill with the "Appy and Chatty" stuff, geez guys.

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I really hope it doesn't come down to it, and ASU finishing 9-2 or 8-3 isn't a guarantee by any means. But an ASU team at 8-3 is a playoff LOCK, write it down, print it. Chill with the "Appy and Chatty" stuff, geez guys.

APP CHATTY APP CHATTY APP CHATTY

Appaholic
October 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
APP CHATTY APP CHATTY APP CHATTY

Waiter......we'd like our check please......xwhistlex

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Waiter......we'd like our check please......xwhistlex

the toliet is backed up? better call a CRAPP STATE GRAD!

Appaholic
October 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Citadel: Sending boys to North Charleston for A$$ Kickings since 1800's...

citdog
October 25th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Citadel: Sending boys to North Charleston for A$$ Kickings since 1800's...

The Citadel: Sending Men all over the world to kill our enemies since 1842!

proasu89
October 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM

xbowx Thanks to the Hijacking Bellflop this thread about Furman and ASU will soon be found on the Smack Channel.

xlolx

Biff
October 25th, 2007, 10:09 AM

I thought Hillbillies used outhouses. There is no way a CRAPP STATE grad wil be able to repair a toilet, let alone know what one is.

ASUG8
October 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I thought Hillbillies used outhouses. There is no way a CRAPP STATE grad wil be able to repair a toilet, let alone know what one is.

We do, but you'll be wearing diapers. I'd rather get it "out and away" from me in an outhouse than keep it up close and personal in Depends, *****adel.

BTW, we don't have a plumbing curriculum -

lizrdgizrd
October 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Can we beat crAppy? Yes we can!xnodx xprayx
http://www.ndhs-sites.org.uk/communicty/photo/462px-Bob_the_builder.jpg

Death Dealer
October 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM
xoopsx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx :D xsmiley_wix xpeacex

Death Dealer
October 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
we beat your ass 54-51!

the refs gave you 14pts so i wouldn't complain you purple pussyxblahblahx xcoffeex xrulesx The fact remains that had Beckler, that shmendrick, made that PAT we'd never have gone to OT! One point and our season wouldn't be so farkcockteh!

Death Dealer
October 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.ndhs-sites.org.uk/communicty/photo/462px-Bob_the_builder.jpg

Does Bob have any eligibility left? xconfusedx Put in Bob, he'll win the game!xlolx xnodx xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
October 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Or better yet, his linemen:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products2/21919301_m.jpg
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products4/41640101_m.jpg
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products3/32455801_m.jpg
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products4/47189501_m.jpg

thirdgendin
October 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM
xblahblahx xcoffeex xrulesx The fact remains that had Sorrels, that shmendrick, made that PAT we'd never have gone to OT! One point and our season wouldn't be so farkcockteh!

Were you waiting on the holder to do a dropkick? xlolx

appfan2008
October 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM
wow this thread has gone down hill fast... only a matter of time before it is in the smack area

B&G
October 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
We all know that there is an X-factor in this game... Bobby Lamb. He wants to win over ASU so badly it will cause him to outthink himself. Watch for an end around on a 3rd and inches instead of just running Felton up the middle or something else which has been effective all day. I've been to every App-Furman game since '95 (excluding '99) and can say without a doubt in my mind that Lamb will lose this game for Furman.

Death Dealer
October 25th, 2007, 01:02 PM
xblahblahx xcoffeex xrulesx The fact remains that had Beckler, that shmendrick, made that PAT we'd never have gone to OT! One point and our season wouldn't be so farkcockteh!

Were you waiting on the holder to do a dropkick? xlolxYeah, I had Sorrels on the brain because we were talking about his dad all morning and to be honest I am pretty wiped out becasue I had a very difficult surgical case this morning that was a biatch!

gophoenix
October 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM

So let's just say this scenario happens, since it was easy to draw up and leads little room for conflict .... (and no, I don't think it pans out this way)

Wofford 6-1
Elon 6-1
The Citadel 5-2
App 4-3
GSU 3-4
UTC 2-5
Furman 2-5
Western 0-7

So in this case, Elon wins the automatic, and App would have two teams ahead of them losing to both The Citadel and Wofford. It would be next to impossible to have 4 SoCon teams make the playoffs with the strength the CAA is showing too.

So are you telling me that an 8-3 App in 4th place would be taken over the 2nd and/or 3rd place conference teams?

And if this is the case, how can any of us say the playoff system is any better for crowning a national champ than the bow system?

Cincy App
October 25th, 2007, 10:36 PM
GP, many scenarios are possible at this stage including the one you listed. I do believe that the SoCon is in good position to receive a minimum of 3 bids. In your scenario, Elon and Wofford would be the first 2 teams selected since both would be 9-2. The Citadel and ASU would be 8-3 - don't forget that it's the season results (not just the conference games). ASU would have the same record, a tougher overall schedule, a better GPI (can't believe I just said that) and better wins. Citadel would have the head-to-head win and conf record. I'm not making a prediction with your scenario but instead will say it's not a slam dunk for either team. In fact, both teams could make it depending on results from other conferences.

Of course, I'm more concerned with Furman right now. I fully expect the ASU - Furman game to be tightly contested.

Also, I will say without hesitation that the playoff system is much better than the BCS. There will always be disagreement with the last team or two in the tournament or playoff. With March Madness, there is a question on team #65. Anyway, it's a much better system when there is controversy over team #16 in FCS instead of team #2 in BCS. Peace.

Biff
October 26th, 2007, 06:41 AM
So let's just say this scenario happens, since it was easy to draw up and leads little room for conflict .... (and no, I don't think it pans out this way)

Wofford 6-1
Elon 6-1
The Citadel 5-2
App 4-3
GSU 3-4
UTC 2-5
Furman 2-5
Western 0-7

So in this case, Elon wins the automatic, and App would have two teams ahead of them losing to both The Citadel and Wofford. It would be next to impossible to have 4 SoCon teams make the playoffs with the strength the CAA is showing too.

So are you telling me that an 8-3 App in 4th place would be taken over the 2nd and/or 3rd place conference teams?

And if this is the case, how can any of us say the playoff system is any better for crowning a national champ than the bow system?

I like the way you think. We'll have to see if your outcome of the Elon/The Citadel comes true.

furman94
October 26th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Stax Original, at Cherrydale, Downtown would be better...

ASU88
October 26th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Also, I will say without hesitation that the playoff system is much better than the BCS. There will always be disagreement with the last team or two in the tournament or playoff. Anyway, it's a much better system when there is controversy over team #16 in FCS instead of team #2 in BCS. Peace.
Agreed, and this is not mentioned enough with all the talk of the playoffs. As far as I'm concerned, if you're whining about your team not getting the 15th or 16th bid to the playoffs, you have a weak argument, even if you have valid points to make.

There will always be multiple teams in consideration, but if it's for the last couple of spots you HAVE to look at your team's performance as the reason they aren't included, not the decision to keep them out.

And yes ... I will feel the same way if it's App losing out on one of the final spots. You won't hear me complain about them not getting in.

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2007, 11:18 AM
The problem for ASU here (ESPECIALLY if they lose) is that they will be playing on the road in the playoffs. One luxury App had in two playoff runs was never leaving KBS, where they are extremely tough to beat.

At three losses App will be all but guaranteed 2 road playoff games. That's tough to do as someone will be traveling to Missoula.

Death Dealer
October 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Stax Original, at Cherrydale, Downtown would be better...
Stax Original is good, but not fantastic, although they do have great Iced Tea.

matfu
October 26th, 2007, 05:07 PM
The problem for ASU here (ESPECIALLY if they lose) is that they will be playing on the road in the playoffs. One luxury App had in two playoff runs was never leaving KBS, where they are extremely tough to beat.

At three losses App will be all but guaranteed 2 road playoff games. That's tough to do as someone will be traveling to Missoula.

YEP, home field advantage is nice. furman could have had three home games in 2004 but lost to james madison in 2nd round 14-13. app is definitely better in boone, like ga southern used to be when they won so many of their six flags. they even had the championship games there. much easier when they got to play ALL FOUR games at home.

GaSouthern
October 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Lets gooooooooooo FURPLE! :)

AgentPaul001
October 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I'm taking a roadtrip down for the game with 3 others, we're sitting on the general admission east side obviously.

Should be a fairly large amount of App Fans down at Furman I'd imagine.

Still in shock that we lost at The Rock, longest Division 1 football home game streak came to an end :(

appfan2008
October 27th, 2007, 08:33 AM

I sure hope we arent the ones that have to go out to missoula... xsmhx

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Let's put foot to leather and get this one started

Peems
October 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM
What time does this game start?

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
In about 60 secs. We will try to do a better job on score and time than the other SoCon threadxlolx

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:08 PM
ASU receives...converts 3rd & 2...ball on Furman's 43

FCSFAN
October 27th, 2007, 02:08 PM
could someone post in the score thread when there is a score?

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Touchdown Edwards

7-0

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Awesome Drive!

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I saw no facemask.

Appguy
October 27th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Thats because there was no facemask brit! what a bush league call

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Looks like we got to beat 11 + black and white today

Appstate29
October 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
socon refs giving Furman this game one penalty at a time.

ERASU2113
October 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
What sucks is I want to watch the game but the hotel I work at doesn't carry SportSouth........which sucks

Appstate29
October 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM
two bad penalties already called on ASU, one that negated a fumble recovery for a td

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM
What sucks is I want to watch the game but the hotel I work at doesn't carry SportSouth........which sucks

What sucks worse is a call made 10 seconds after the play is overxmadx

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
We CANNOT PLAY BOTH THE REF's and furman at the same time. Right now, this game is tied because of two VERY bull**** calls.

Appstate29
October 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM
wtf just happnd?

ERASU2113
October 27th, 2007, 02:31 PM
What's the score or is there a place to watch in on the net?

BestOfBreed
October 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM
wtf just happnd?

Refs giftwrapping this one for you xsmiley_wix

Seven Would Be Nice
October 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
We CANNOT PLAY BOTH THE REF's and furman at the same time. Right now, this game is tied because of two VERY bull**** calls.

Y'all must have gotten the SoCon ref "B" squad today. There were no controversial calls in our game today with El Cid, a few missed calls, but nothing game changing.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
What's the score or is there a place to watch in on the net?

7-7 We're driving again. Ball on Furman 17

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Edwards to Batichon Touchdown

14-7

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:42 PM
3rd down sack.. FU to punt

We take over on our 40

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Great catch by Courman...Roughing the Passer

Ball on FU 13

48 secs left in the 1st

End of first now...14-7 ASU

Ball on FU's 13 3rd down

Appstate29
October 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM
we benefited from the dumbass refs, bogus roughing the passer call on FU

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Julian Rouch from 32....Good

17-7

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM
we benefited from the dumbass refs, bogus roughing the passer call on FU

True...but what a catchxbowx

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
FU negates a great return w/ a hold

Who knows w/ this crewxrotatehx

Seven Would Be Nice
October 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
True...but what a catchxbowx

I think that catch could have gone either way, but it wouldn't have mattered b/c of the call.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:05 PM
ASU holds....FU Punts...We're driving again.

4th down on the FU 25....Armanti converts the 1st w/ a 20 yard run.

TD Devon Moore

24-7... 8:00 2nd

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Armanti looking much sharper this week. First FU possesion aside, App defense looking sharper as well.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Great stop on 3rd and 2...ASU takes over on our 29.
5:46 left in the half.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Edwards to Jackson for 52 yards.. Great throw.
Everyones been involved this half.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Armati to Dexter...52 yards. MUCH sharper today!

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Only the refs can stop Armanti...

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Furman holds on 4th and 1. Takes over on the 15.

24-7 ....3:20 left in the half.

Appguy
October 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
wow...worst refs ever..first he pushed down an FU linebacker so HE could make the tackle on armanti

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I know Sam Wyche played for Furman, but you would think he could mask his unhappiness with this game a little better...

phillyAPP
October 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM
wow...worst refs ever..first he pushed down an FU linebacker so HE could make the tackle on armanti

Another BAD ref call this time APP gets the call of Furman fumble.

His arm was moving forward. These refs stink , real bad.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Dexter has dropped so many passes since that Mich game, I swear he has gone WAY downhill this year.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Dexter has dropped so many passes since that Mich game, I swear he has gone WAY downhill this year.

He's been sketchy on punt returns too.

proasu89
24 - 7 at the half

thmst30
That drive looked awfully similar to the last drive last week when we couldn't get it done. Our two minute offense is non existent.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 03:28 PM
He's been sketchy on punt returns too.
VERY, he has at least three fumbles that I remember on punt returns, plus some really dumb decisions. I hope he can turn it around because he is a huge component to our offense.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Anyone from Furman out there?

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
All things considered, I think we have to be pretty pleased with that first of of football. Armanti looking like he's back on track. MUCH better first half play from the defense this game, especially compared to last week's first half.

What I like about the defense is that it looks like they are making adjustments early instead of waiting for the locker room at halftime.

24-7 at the break is better than I had hoped for.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM
All things considered, I think we have to be pretty pleased with that first of of football. Armanti looking like he's back on track. MUCH better first half play from the defense this game, especially compared to last week's first half.

What I like about the defense is that it looks like they are making adjustments early instead of waiting for the locker room at halftime.

24-7 at the break is better than I had hoped for.
Yea, pretty pleased with that half after what happened last week.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
FU receives the kick...starts on their 20

26 yard run for Brown

youwouldno
October 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I don't think App fans should really be taking too much from this game, Furman isn't a quality opponent right now.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:50 PM
50 yard TD run for Brown.

24-14

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think App fans should really be taking too much from this game, Furman isn't a quality opponent right now.

At this point, any SoCon win is a quality win.

ASU88
October 27th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Not the way I wanted to see the 2nd half begin.

Hope the offense hasn't cooled off.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM
WTF was Touchstone doing on that play? Other than watching him run past.

ERASU2113
October 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM

With the way the SoCon is this year with Citadel, Elon, Ga. Southern, ASU, Wofford, and so on. This is easily the most balanced the conference has been in years.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM
31 - 14....10:02 in the 3rd

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Corey Lynch making way too many tackles on running plays...

ASU88
October 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Brown is running left every time. About time they stopped one.

ASU88
October 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
And there's our tackling ... or rather NON tackling issues ... coming to light again.

ASU88
October 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
That's a big stop on 3rd down. Furman will probably go for it here.

Nope going for a long FG.

Good. 31 17.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
3rd down stop for loss. FG for Furman good.

31-17 6:41 left in the 3rd

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:17 PM
WOW...a personal foul on a coach? NEVER seen that.

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:18 PM
P.S. That was no where near the extent that Bobby Lamb was on the field back in 2005.

youwouldno
October 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
What did Lamb do this time?

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
P.S. That was no where near the extent that Bobby Lamb was on the field back in 2005.

Or what we might see out of Lamb before this game is over...

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 04:21 PM
These refs are trash, the bad calls are going both ways, but theres still no excuse for putting a crew like this on the field.

Millwoch
October 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM
FU..please act like you have been there before....

BigApp
October 27th, 2007, 04:23 PM
what did KR do except get up from the late hit?

CamelCityAppFan
What did Lamb do this time?

Nothing yet... but he's on the verge.

Penalty was on App asst coach, who was displeased with a missed pass interference call.

thmst30
Starting to get ugly.

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Starting to get ugly.

You mean the officiating, right?

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Yea that too.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Officiating's been ugly from the beginning. I hate being one of those "the refs sucked" guys, but this is bad even by SoCon standards.

Millwoch
October 27th, 2007, 04:27 PM
come on FU lets score here...

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Our D needs to step it up right now. Cannot let them get back in this game.

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Our D needs to step it up right now. Cannot let them get back in this game.

Every week, this defense makes Wofford look that less impressive.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Furman wimps out on 4th and goal...goes for the Figgie

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Nice job avoiding the blitz by Armanti... first down App

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I'm amused by the color analyst for this game. First he says he is neutral, then he says he bleeds purple, then he says as an alumni he can understand the reaction of the crowd, all the while, he still refers to Furman as "we". We've gotta chance if we can stop him, we've got chance if we can punch this one in...

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I'm amused by the color analyst for this game. First he says he is neutral, then he says he bleeds purple, then he says as an alumni he can understand the reaction of the crowd, all the while, he still refers to Furman as "we". We've gotta chance if we can stop him, we've got chance if we can punch this one in...

Just imagine how annoying he would be if FU was UP

Millwoch
October 27th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Well FU's D is aweful...

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 27th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Big run by Richardson...now deep in FU territory.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I hate having to listen to him. I would listen to the radio but its a good 15 seconds behind and its just not worth it.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 04:49 PM

Yeah, it's Sam Wyche (former Bengals coach). He's terrible. He just said "Appalachian's gone to the no-huddle". Really? App's been in the no-huddle for 3 #@%&ing years now.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
FG by Rauch
34-20 ASU....7:18 in the 4th

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, it's Sam Wyche (former Bengals coach). He's terrible. He just said "Appalachian's gone to the no-huddle". Really? App's been in the no-huddle for 3 #@%&ing years now.

LOL, I caught that too. Where the hell has he been.

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 04:52 PM

He also said earlier that last week App lost to Wofford "at Wofford" and then corrected himself... stating that the game was actually in Boone.

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Overall, our defense has been more impressive today. Yes, furman is down this year, but they've played well against some good teams. Hofstra came on late to blow up the score, and wofford certainly got the better of them, but still...they've been competetive. In addition, their strength (running) has been our weakness this season (which everyone pointed out leading up to this game) and we've handled it pretty well except for 2 drives. I was impressed with the goalline stand.

LehighFan11
October 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Havent been watching the game and i cant find a box score anywhere. How is armanti doing?

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Nice D stand there at least.

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Whats a club to the head???

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Sam's justification of the Furman's FG on 4th & goal was asinine. He said that the FG got Furman to within 2 scores. But Furman was already down by 2 scores-- 14 points.

proasu89
Int Grounding...4th down...ASU takes over on their own 38 w/ 6:01 left.

thmst30

What Wyche needs.

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM

xsmashx ?

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Havent been watching the game and i cant find a box score anywhere. How is armanti doing?

Great...close to 200 yards rushing. TD pass and TD run.

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I'm waiting for the AGS poll: Which was worse today? Sam Wyche's call or the officiating?

proasu89
He also said earlier that last week App lost to Wofford "at Wofford" and then corrected himself... stating that the game was actually in Boone.

What's funny about that is that he did the Wofford gamexrotatehx

thmst30
Great...close to 200 yards rushing. TD pass and TD run.

328 total yards, and 3 TDs.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Furmble by KR. FU ball on our 48

thmst30
****, that was big.

AppAlum2003
SS has already picked that fumble as the defensive play of the game? I guess it's overxeekx

AppAlum2003
October 27th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Furmble by KR. FU ball on our 48

That was Devon Moore on the fumble

LehighFan11
October 27th, 2007, 05:01 PM
328 total yards, and 3 TDs.
Awesome, im glad he has it going now

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Holding on FU..... oh wait App. St.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:03 PM
DAMN, if we blow this game.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Need a big goal line stand here.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM
3:30 left TO Furman...ball on our 1xeekx Still 34-20

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM
According to Wyche this is important.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:05 PM
7 point game, and plenty of time left.

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 05:06 PM
TD Felton....going for...1 good
34-27 3:27 left

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
ASU recovers onside kick

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Pretty good onside, but App recovered.

CamelCityAppFan
App recovers onside, good field position now...

jonmac
Wyche may be bad but I'm getting so tired of our own analyst, Brown, speak so negative about our defense. To listen to him you would think we have not won a game. Every single gain or positive play by FU is followed by him saying how poor our defense is playing. I know we have problems but come on. I REALLY hope the defense continues to improve if for no other reason than to cause Brown to have to come up with something else(I'd also really like for us to win #3 too)

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM
RUN THAT CLOCK

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Big 3rd coming up.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Big FG coming up.xrolleyesx

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
**** BLOCKED, it was right on line too.

CoastalFan2005
Score?

LehighFan11
ahhh no

LehighFan11
October 27th, 2007, 05:17 PM
dropped int by lynch

thmst30
****, dropped INT.

thmst30
App 34
FU 27

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
.50 and counting

proasu89
Score?

34-27 ASU

thmst30
This is killing me, our season is right here.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:19 PM
30 to go, Furman at 45.

thmst30
SHUT THE HELL UP WYCHE

LehighFan11
27 secs left at app 45ish

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM
20 to go, Furman at 40.

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Fake injury to stop clock by FU. Happens every time no matter what team it is.

ERASU2113
October 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Who blocked the FG? ASU?

thmst30
No FU blocked our FG that would have ended it.

LehighFan11
9 secs at 28

thmst30
9 seconds to go, Fu at 28

LehighFan11
October 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM
spiked 7 secs to go at app 28

thmst30
One last play, if they get this I say they win in OT because of momentum

thmst30
PICKED by LYNCH, BEAST BEAST BEAST

BestOfBreed
October 27th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Fake injury to stop clock by FU. Happens every time no matter what team it is.

xnonox

thmst30
Another classic ASU FU game that put me on the verge of a heart attack.

Millwoch
FU covers the spread...way to go Dins....

proasu89
October 27th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Corey Lynch intercepts on the last playxnodx

34-27 Ballgame

thmst30
xnonox

No seriously, every close game you watch someone gets magically hurt with seconds to go and no Tos. I've seen everyone do it, even App. I've helped coach before I'm no fool as to what goes on.

jonmac
WHEW!!!!!

BestOfBreed
Shocked Furman kept it this close. Congrats to both teams.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM
How many times is Corey Lynch going to win the game for us on the last play of the game?

thmst30
October 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM
How many times is Corey Lynch going to win the game for us on the last play of the game?

As many times as he needs to hopefully.

ERASU2113
October 27th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Thank God.

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
This felt like last week's game-- only with the roles reversed...

ASU88
October 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I wish they had done a better job of putting Furman away, but to get out of there with a win is something to be happy with anytime. Kudos to FU for continuing to fight.

89Hen
October 27th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Sounds like it was a great game. Congrats App.

I swear I don't want this to come out as smack, but since the upset in the Big House, is AppSt really just a 'good' and not 'great' team? xconfusedx

phillyAPP
October 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM

I swear I don't want this to come out as smack, but since the upset in the Big House, is AppSt really just a 'good' and not 'great' team? xconfusedx

We are not great team. Our conference knows our weaknesses and pounds it.

We lost 3 D-linemen and the run D is learning.

Conference is also Fierce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

appstate38
October 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM

It is not smack if you are pointing out the obvious... Still I will take an ugly win any day of the week.xthumbsupx

boonegoon
October 27th, 2007, 07:03 PM
App scores below avg @ 34. Defense stepped up this week but still have to progress. Great game though, SOCON IS the conference to beat, I don't care what anyone else says. Would love to have a "BIG TEN -ACC" challenge with the Gateway!!!

ncman071
October 27th, 2007, 07:46 PM
wow...what a game... our D line looked good at times and struggled at times. armante looked really solid. can't complain.

hapapp
October 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM
It just seems we can't play two good halves of defense. Other than Furman's first drive, the defense was pretty stout in the first half. However, Furman's first drive of the second half certainly changed the complexion of the game. It doesn't get any easier next weekend in Charleston.

appstate38
October 27th, 2007, 08:01 PM
It just seems we can't play two good halves of defense. Other than Furman's first drive, the defense was pretty stout in the first half. However, Furman's first drive of the second half certainly changed the complexion of the game. It doesn't get any easier next weekend in Charleston.

Maybe not.... I thought I read on the Citadel/GSU thread that Lawson got hurt. Bulldog fans seemed to think it was serious. While not wanting to wish any ill will on another SoCon member, if we get to face them without all their weapons you will get no complaint from me.

ncman071
October 27th, 2007, 08:04 PM
well part of the reason Furman did so well of the 1st drive in the 2nd half was they adjusted to what we were doing in the first, but thats ok we adjusted to them as well. folks we looked much better today. our D line is getting better but they are far from great. i'm just so glad we won given the atrocious amount of injuries we have on our O and D lines. Not to mention we have several starters playing banged up including our starting QB and our best defensive lineman Gary Tharrington. if we can pull it out against Citadel we have a good chance of going 9-2. no one in the Southern Conference is and easy win this year...even WCU. Like i said before i believe in our coaching staff and our players and again its hard to replace the D lineman we lost last year. Next year our D line will be great but we also losing our entire starting secondary but at least we have other guys who seem to be getting good playing time this year in those positions.

matfu
October 27th, 2007, 08:42 PM
kudos to app state for doing what you had to do to win and to the fans who had a good showing...both in numbers and in loudness. sure furman outplayed you in the second half after getting whipped in the first half but you all did what you had to do to win. a play here or there (3rd and 23 pass interference on us, 4th and 10 holding on us in the red zone) and we could have made you all sweat even more. since the home team has won 10 of the last 11, it was a good win for you all. congratulations!

APPride
October 27th, 2007, 09:23 PM
kudos to app state for doing what you had to do to win and to the fans who had a good showing...both in numbers and in loudness. sure furman outplayed you in the second half after getting whipped in the first half but you all did what you had to do to win. a play here or there (3rd and 23 pass interference on us, 4th and 10 holding on us in the red zone) and we could have made you all sweat even more. since the home team has won 10 of the last 11, it was a good win for you all. congratulations!

thanks matfu. Yes, great turnout/loudness by App fans today. Seemed like a home game at the end, just when we needed it. I was shocked at how early 60% of the FU fans left...don't they know this game ALWAYS tightens up at the end?

this may have been covered but whats up w/ going conervative on the field goal to still only be within 11 (2 scores?)?? FU drives all that way to get 3?...gotta go for it from the 4 IMO...if FU misses TD, they still have us pinned deep and still needing same 2 scores...

asu70
October 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
With all the injuries that App has, I'm just glad to get out of Greenville with the W!!

lizrdgizrd
October 27th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Way to keep fighting, Furples! I'm just glad we keep making up some of our all-time deficit against FU. xthumbsupx

Appaholic
October 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'll only bring this up since we won,,,,,but the officiating was horrid.....that crew today didn't deserve to officiate a pop warner game......and the Socon commissioner was there today......he needs to seriously look at upgrading the quality of officiating to keep up with he quality of play on the field......some of those calls could have ended up being game changers..........absolutely sucked........xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

Great game Barney's.......way to keep fighting....