View Full Version : App State at Furman

Pages : 1 [2]

AppChicago
October 27th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Sounds like it was a great game. Congrats App.

I swear I don't want this to come out as smack, but since the upset in the Big House, is AppSt really just a 'good' and not 'great' team? xconfusedx

I'll agree, with the added caveat that it wasn't the upset that made me question the "greatness". We had been looking rough for a couple games now.

We still have the goods. If we can hit our stride.... look out.

ASUG8
October 28th, 2007, 08:08 AM
The D looked much improved from other games, although we began showing some signs of fatigue in the second. I was OK with trading a field goal for a touchdown for most of the game. Armanti was on fire running, which we need given that we tend to get in shootouts due to our defense. We're 1-1 in South Carolina, looking to improve to 2-1 soon.
El Cid guys, we won and didn't give them 51 points....see ya soon!:D

furman94
October 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
It made me sick that half of our fans left with abouth 4 to go in the game.

matfu
October 28th, 2007, 02:49 PM
thanks matfu. Yes, great turnout/loudness by App fans today. Seemed like a home game at the end, just when we needed it. I was shocked at how early 60% of the FU fans left...don't they know this game ALWAYS tightens up at the end?

this may have been covered but whats up w/ going conervative on the field goal to still only be within 11 (2 scores?)?? FU drives all that way to get 3?...gotta go for it from the 4 IMO...if FU misses TD, they still have us pinned deep and still needing same 2 scores...

agreed. i think we should have gone for a TD for the exact reasons you said. no guts, no glory!

OL FU
October 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'll only bring this up since we won,,,,,but the officiating was horrid.....that crew today didn't deserve to officiate a pop warner game......and the Socon commissioner was there today......he needs to seriously look at upgrading the quality of officiating to keep up with he quality of play on the field......some of those calls could have ended up being game changers..........absolutely sucked........xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

Great game Barney's.......way to keep fighting....

It is just you:p xrolleyesx

T-Dog
October 28th, 2007, 06:10 PM
It made me sick that half of our fans left with abouth 4 to go in the game.

Welcome to our problem from the previous week.

Missed the game due to work, but it sounds like the alleged tougheness schedule of the SoCon is living up to the hype and more this year.

I'll take a win at Furman any day no matter what. This is actually one of the wider margins of victory in the series this decade. :p

ASUG8
October 28th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Welcome to our problem from the previous week.

Missed the game due to work, but it sounds like the alleged tougheness schedule of the SoCon is living up to the hype and more this year.

I'll take a win at Furman any day no matter what. This is actually one of the wider margins of victory in the series this decade. :p

Agreed - any time you leave the FUrple people with a win,consider yourself lucky. We had a good first half, and they had a slightly less good second half which = a good game. This is why teams don't stop scoring at 2+ touchdown leads. Congrats FU - you didn't get the win, but you have a great team and a beautiful campus.

denise
October 29th, 2007, 01:53 AM
THIS IS FOR" thmst30" xnonox #60 Tyler Haynes is hurt so get over yourself, If you watched the game you could see him limping in the first half he was hurt first quarter, and then the pat on the helmet in the final seconds. They had just made a first down so the clock had already stopped. Watch the game again maybe you will understand it better. Sorry to disappoint you.. Great win and Edwards played a great game by the way.xbowx

SoCon48
October 30th, 2007, 04:15 AM
THIS IS FOR" thmst30" xnonox #60 Tyler Haynes is hurt so get over yourself, If you watched the game you could see him limping in the first half he was hurt first quarter, and then the pat on the helmet in the final seconds. They had just made a first down so the clock had already stopped. Watch the game again maybe you will understand it better. Sorry to disappoint you.. Great win and Edwards played a great game by the way.xbowx

It's funny they didn't tell players to lay down when limping earlier in the game.
Just a coincidence, I guess.
Can you say "naiive?"

SoCon48
October 30th, 2007, 04:16 AM
It just seems we can't play two good halves of defense. Other than Furman's first drive, the defense was pretty stout in the first half. However, Furman's first drive of the second half certainly changed the complexion of the game. It doesn't get any easier next weekend in Charleston.

These guys are young.

SoCon48
October 30th, 2007, 04:17 AM
We are not great team. Our conference knows our weaknesses and pounds it.

We lost 3 D-linemen and the run D is learning.

Conference is also Fierce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great summation, phillyapp.

OL FU
October 30th, 2007, 06:32 AM
agreed. i think we should have gone for a TD for the exact reasons you said. no guts, no glory!

Yep I agree should have gone for the TD. however, on the other hand, Lamb can't seem to do anything right to make some FU fans happy. Some of hte uffp were criticizing the on-sides attempt. Let's see, we make you guys punt once ( I think) during the game, we have a suberb on-sides kicker, there are three minutes left in the game and we should not go for the on-sides.xeyebrowx

We have lots of work to do
but even more importantly.....
We are spoiled and unfortunately acting like it.xsmiley_wix