PDA

View Full Version : FCS NC : NDSU vs JMU

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Longhorn
December 28th, 2017, 08:18 PM
The school has a population of 22K kids in enrollment this year at JMU, so where do you get the idea that 24K new kids try every year to enroll? Or are you just pulling numbers out of your hole?

The number I shared is legit. JMU tracks the total number of applicants, as do most schools, and the applicant numbers are part of the public record. And yes, approximately 24k applicants apply to JMU every year. Some are offered admission, some are not. That’s why JMU is classified as a “selective admissions” institution. Not all students who are offered admission enroll, as good students have options and make other choices. JMU graduates about 5k students each year (undergrad and graduate degrees), so JMU is looking to enroll qualified applicants that equal an institutional target that replaces recent grads plus any projected growth as planned in discussion with Virginia’s State Council of Higher Ed. It’s not that complicated.

Bisonator
December 28th, 2017, 08:26 PM
NDSU's front 7 on defense is completely new this year compared to last year when they played JMU. Tanguay and DeLuca will be nice to have this time.
That's a great point. Our LBer corp is just ridiculously better this year with Deluca, Cox and Board. The only guy I'd love to have out there now would be Menard, holy hell can you imagine...

Longhorn
December 28th, 2017, 08:29 PM
I just came across that looking at the undergrad stats. I feel like it used to be a lot lower. Surprised, but since the school's enrollment has shot up, they may have laxed standards a bit. Maybe not, though. It was always harder to get into ... up there with Virginia Tech and just behind UVA and William and Mary. Maybe 72% is normal for that level though, IDK

The operative key here is “meeting the admission standards”... which are high at JMU. You don’t get poorly prepared students applying or being admitted to JMU. The percentage admitted is besides the point and a red herring. Kinda like the argument NDSU is a “national university” where the academic profile attracts far fewer applicants.

NoVABison
December 28th, 2017, 08:31 PM
The number I shared is legit. JMU tracks the total number of applicants, as do most schools, and the applicant numbers are part of the public record. And yes, approximately 24k applicants apply to JMU every year. Some are offered admission, some are not. That’s why JMU is classified as a “selective admissions” institution. Not all students who are offered admission enroll, as good students have options and make other choices. JMU graduates about 5k students each year (undergrad and graduate degrees), so JMU is looking to enroll qualified applicants that equal an institutional target that replaces recent grads plus any projected growth as planned in discussion with Virginia’s State Council of Higher Ed. It’s not that complicated.

Oh, OK... so JMU is like the Harvard of Teachers Colleges -- Impressive :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2017, 08:50 PM
That's a great point. Our LBer corp is just ridiculously better this year with Deluca, Cox and Board. The only guy I'd love to have out there now would be Menard, holy hell can you imagine...

Ya, it would be nice having Menard for this game but he will tear it up next year coming back. Steidl left last year's JMU game with an injury also. IMO, the Bison will be able to significantly slow down the running game and make them one dimensional. Now I hope the secondary will be ready because JMU will definitely test the CBs in this game.

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 10:39 PM

Just imagine that defense with Menard. Cox and a DeLuca will be great to have back for the rematch.

Dewey

Bison56
December 28th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Just imagine that defense with Menard. Cox and a DeLuca will be great to have back for the rematch.

Dewey

Dont forget big 99 was out last year also, but as for the LBs they are way better this year than last. I still can picture PGT hobbling around the field last year.

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Dont forget big 99 was out last year also, but as for the LBs they are way better this year than last. I still can picture PGT hobbling around the field last year.

Absolutely right. I will go into the corner and yell 5 hail Craig Bohl's and 10 Hail Bison's for my transgression.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2017, 11:02 PM
I am starting to go insane trying to enjoy a FBS game when we all know the FCS is where it is at.

Oh and Dewey and cx500d, I decided to enter the 21st century and get a smartphone. I feel lost without a flipphone and am still struggling to figure this phone out.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 11:06 PM
I am starting to go insane trying to enjoy a FBS game when we all know the FCS is where it is at.

Oh and Dewey and cx500d, I decided to enter the 21st century and get a smartphone. I feel lost without a flipphone and am still struggling to figure this phone out.

Welcome to the new world King.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the new world King.

DeweyI feel dirty and like I am leaving my trusted sidekick. This tapatalk app though is making the transition a little smoother. I

TennBison
December 29th, 2017, 04:40 AM
All I asked is where did you get your numbers from, I would be interested in seeing it for myself.
FYI all schools operate the way you just explained, there is nothing unique about JMU in what you just said.
Once again, where did you get your numbers from, what source??? It's not that complicated.

centennial
December 29th, 2017, 09:45 AM
All I asked is where did you get your numbers from, I would be interested in seeing it for myself.
FYI all schools operate the way you just explained, there is nothing unique about JMU in what you just said.
Once again, where did you get your numbers from, what source??? It's not that complicated.

From the horses mouth-
Ranked in top third of their class: 81% of reported ranks
Applications: 22,285
Applicants accepted: 71%
Applicants enrolled: 4,564
SAT mid-50% range (1600 point scale): 1110-1250
ACT mid-50% range: 23-28

https://www.jmu.edu/admissions/fastfacts.shtml

I will mention though NDSU has a graduation 4 year rate of 26% for 4 years, and 53% for 6 years. JMU is well over 80%. Academically it is slightly easier to get into NDSU (1100 SAT vs 1130 SAT) but significantly harder to graduate from it. Electrical and computer engineering only graduated about 20% of the kids it admitted when I was at school (that's what they told us at orientation). A roommate who transferred in from Clemson said NDSU courses were significantly harder.

UpstateBison
December 29th, 2017, 11:18 AM
My New Years wish is this thread reverts back to the game and away from admission rates/students fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 11:22 AM
My New Years wish is this thread reverts back to the game and away from admission rates/students fees.

Imagine if we had posts on breakfast pizza between these two groups and they said Casey's Breakfast Pizza with extra bacon was not the best breakfast pizza in the FCS.

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Imagine if we had posts on breakfast pizza between these two groups and they said Casey's Breakfast Pizza with extra bacon was not the best breakfast pizza in the FCS.

That's Blasphemy!

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 11:38 AM
That's Blasphemy!

As I said, imagine if they even thought of doing it.

jmu007
December 29th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Ok, I'll fire the first shot. What's a, "Casey's"? =)

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Ok, I'll fire the first shot. What's a, "Casey's"? =)

Midwest version of WaWa I guess. Never been to a wawa but guessing it's about the same.

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2017, 11:48 AM
For those who don't know what a WaWa is here you go

https://www.wawa.com/

Caseys is the same idea.

https://www.caseys.com/

or this might help on the Caseys questions

https://www.caseys.com/about-us

POD Knows
December 29th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Midwest version of WaWa I guess. Never been to a wawa but guessing it's about the same.Yea, um, no.

jmu007
December 29th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I think you nailed it. Looks like a WaWa or a Sheetz. mmmm MTO, may have to do that later.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Yea, um, no.

Wawa > Caseys

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2017, 11:56 AM
The WaWa vs Caseys debate Oh boy this is going to be great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmlnltVzksg

POD Knows
December 29th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Wawa > CaseysYea, they are not even in the same conversation, there is another gas station chain out there that reminds me of Casey's but I can't remember what it is, they had the smaller facilities and the like. It isn't Scheetz.

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Wawa > Caseys

Never had Wawa but this seems like blasphemy.

The WaWa vs Caseys debate Oh boy this is going to be great

I try, I try...

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Never had Wawa but this seems like blasphemy.

I try, I try...

It's not.

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Yea, they are not even in the same conversation, there is another gas station chain out there that reminds me of Casey's but I can't remember what it is, they had the smaller facilities and the like. It isn't Scheetz.

Does WaWa have better breakfast pizza than Caseys?

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Does WaWa have better breakfast pizza than Caseys?

Doesn't matter. Breakfast Pizza is an abomination and shall he treated as such. xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Doesn't matter. Breakfast Pizza is an abomination and shall he treated as such. xlolx

So if they swapped the Bacon and/or Sausage for Pepperoni, would all be well then?

NDSUtk
December 29th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Uh oh, NCAA feeding fuel to the streamer fire!! Love the first response from a JMU alum who claims this is to give the Bison a leg up. Ummmm how?

https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS/status/946828420335353856

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Schism55
December 29th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Uh oh, NCAA feeding fuel to the streamer fire!! Love the first response from a JMU alum who claims this is to give the Bison a leg up. Ummmm how?

I just saw that in my Twitter feed :D

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2017, 02:24 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/21gzew.jpg

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 02:30 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/21gzew.jpgWas that on Bisonville? Other than that, IDK IF truer words have been written. Haha

TennBison
December 29th, 2017, 02:32 PM
I say if they want to throw streamers then let them, as long as every one is picked up before they leave the stands.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Was that on Bisonville? Other than that, IDK IF truer words have been written. Haha

Yeah, I posted it on the Bisonville signs for the natty thread a week or so ago. Was waiting for the conversation here to inevitably turn back to streamers. :D

Hammerhead
December 29th, 2017, 02:41 PM
I would be OK with the streamers if they stayed in the sections being sold by JMU and not on the field/sidelines/camera operators.

What are the chances that JMU would be penalized if people did throw streamers on the playing surface?

TennBison
December 29th, 2017, 02:57 PM
I would be OK with the streamers if they stayed in the sections being sold by JMU and not on the field/sidelines/camera operators.

What are the chances that JMU would be penalized if people did throw streamers on the playing surface?
I can remember games from back in the early 80's when I played, where the teams had been penalized because of actions of the fans. But this was also back in the days when fans were required to be quiet by the refs. You can actually find videos on the internet of refs stopping games in the pros in an attempt to quiet down the fans. I can remember back in 1983 when we played Alabama at their place, fans were throwing stuff on the field and into our bench area, the refs announced that if anything else happened that they were going to start penalizing the Tide for it. Nothing else happened the rest of the game that I can remember. So I am not sure if these rules even exist any more, they probably do, but are considered to be out of date, but could still be enforced if need be or things get out of hand in some way.

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I posted it on the Bisonville signs for the natty thread a week or so ago. Was waiting for the conversation here to inevitably turn back to streamers. :DI could not remember who posted it, as I have yet to join Bisonville, but I do remember that being posted and I so bad wanted to rep that.

FargoBison
December 29th, 2017, 03:02 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/21gzew.jpgLol...this is great.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Twentysix
December 29th, 2017, 04:37 PM
I can remember games from back in the early 80's when I played, where the teams had been penalized because of actions of the fans. But this was also back in the days when fans were required to be quiet by the refs. You can actually find videos on the internet of refs stopping games in the pros in an attempt to quiet down the fans. I can remember back in 1983 when we played Alabama at their place, fans were throwing stuff on the field and into our bench area, the refs announced that if anything else happened that they were going to start penalizing the Tide for it. Nothing else happened the rest of the game that I can remember. So I am not sure if these rules even exist any more, they probably do, but are considered to be out of date, but could still be enforced if need be or things get out of hand in some way.When ndsu students threw bandanas on the field 15 yd penalties were threatened by the refs. That was in 07 so def still applies.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2017, 05:08 PM

You are disqualified from this discussion for that remark xtroublex

EOmfD
December 29th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Sad reality....... Wawa > Casey (not really even close)

JMU v. NDSU academics let it go, I’ve been on both campuses you are all splitting hairs. The universities are getting the same students.

Really looking forward to the game, FCS needs this sort of thing.

POD Knows
December 29th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Sad reality....... Wawa > Casey (not really even close)

JMU v. NDSU academics let it go, I’ve been on both campuses you are all splitting hairs. The universities are getting the same students.

Really looking forward to the game, FCS needs this sort of thing.If they are getting the same students, how the **** are they making the trip back and forth between JMU and NDSU, what, are they teleporting these ****ers.

tribefan40
December 29th, 2017, 06:57 PM
If they are getting the same students, how the **** are they making the trip back and forth between JMU and NDSU, what, are they teleporting these ****ers.

If they are, then it would certainly have been ndsu that developed the technology.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2017, 07:06 PM
JMU front 4 will control LOS and make Stick make plays

will he be able to break off one of his long runs? Or will he
be prone to some mistakes?

Let's face it. Bison have not seen a dominant front 4 all season like this one

and the JMU secondary? More problems for the Bison

the outcome of the game is how Stick responds ...this is the biggest key to the game

now having said all that, JMU is not going to look good on offense either just like the Delaware game

POD Knows
December 29th, 2017, 07:10 PM
JMU front 4 will control LOS and make Stick make plays

will he be able to break off one of his long runs? Or will he
be prone to some mistakes?

Let's face it. Bison have not seen a dominant front 4 all season like this one

and the JMU secondary? More problems for the Bison

the outcome of the game is how Stick responds ...this is the biggest key to the game

now having said all that, JMU is not going to look good on offense either just like the Delaware gameIt won't be their front 4, it will be the 8 or 9 they stack the box with, Stick is the key to this deal but if we cannot get decent play from our wide outs, it could be interesting. The cool thing about the Bison offense this year is that we are throwing the ball yo everybody, we are using the TE's and the RB's more.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2017, 07:26 PM
It won't be their front 4, it will be the 8 or 9 they stack the box with, Stick is the key to this deal but if we cannot get decent play from our wide outs, it could be interesting. The cool thing about the Bison offense this year is that we are throwing the ball yo everybody, we are using the TE's and the RB's more.

With the Bison running game really producing this year, I bet JMU will go man on the Bison WRs and bring a safety into the box for run support. The Bison WRs need to have a good game and that means getting separation....they did a poor job of that last year. JMU's defense is really good so there will be some 3 and outs but the Bison need to make the most of their opportunities.

I think the year's version of the Bison defense is going to have a really good game against this JMU team. Shut down that running game and make them 1-dimensional. It will be a 60 minute game.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2017, 08:36 PM
It won't be their front 4, it will be the 8 or 9 they stack the box with, Stick is the key to this deal but if we cannot get decent play from our wide outs, it could be interesting. The cool thing about the Bison offense this year is that we are throwing the ball yo everybody, we are using the TE's and the RB's more.

are you saying the bison might find a way to stay in this game?

semobison
December 29th, 2017, 08:39 PM
NDSU needs to get positive yards on 1st down to stay out of passing situations. JMU's pass defense is very tough. They give up 44% completion percentage and have 31 picks on the season! Obviously the Bison are going to throw but IMO they need to avoid situation where they have to throw.
JMU does not seem to be as good offensively as they were last year but they still have big play capability. NDSU's defense is much better than last year in the semi's. If NDSU doesn't give up the big plays I like our chances. On paper this looks to be a defensive battle and the team who has the most success running the ball will be hoisting the trophy.

DFW HOYA
December 29th, 2017, 08:43 PM

JMU admits 72 percent. NDSU admits 82 percent. Neither are selective compared to many schools in the subdivision.

NDSUtk
December 29th, 2017, 08:50 PM
are you saying the bison might find a way to stay in this game?I think so, yes :)

Twentysix
December 29th, 2017, 11:05 PM
JMU admits 72 percent. NDSU admits 82 percent. Neither are selective compared to many schools in the subdivision.Being **really** selective in-state is actually against the mission statement of most public universities.

Also 82 percent is not even fair representation. NDSU probably has 100% acceptance if you meet the admission reqs. As a state university they actually go out of their way to make remedial programs to accept students that don't even qualify but are close.

I'd be very surprised if most of NDSUs rejections aren't students who barely graduated highschool, or international students who don't have good enough TOEFL scores.

I suspect the same is true of JMU even if their alumni in the thread aren't familiar enough with the inner workings of undergrad admissions to confirm it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I wonder if this game could have sold out a 30K seat stadium?

Toyota Stadium is really nice but for a game like this it is too small. Being down to the other 5 title games, the Bison contingent could easily get to 16-20K and JMU would probably be 12-15K...or more?.....30K stadium would have been awesome for this game for sure. Granted, if it were two other teams a 30K seat stadium would look empty.

Someone posted a picture of a stadium in Nashville (iirc) and that looked really nice and had a bigger capacity.

kdinva
December 30th, 2017, 08:04 AM

Toyota Stadium is really nice but for a game like this it is too small. Being down to the other 5 title games, the Bison contingent could easily get to 16-20K and JMU would probably be 12-15K...or more?.....30K stadium would have been awesome for this game for sure. Granted, if it were two other teams a 30K seat stadium would look empty.

Someone posted a picture of a stadium in Nashville (iirc) and that looked really nice and had a bigger capacity.

I said "yes" to this earlier.....I know it is too late, but this game would have sold out in SMU's venue (34,000)

dewey
December 30th, 2017, 08:12 AM
7 days until the National Championship game!

Dewey

KPSUL
December 30th, 2017, 08:15 AM
If both teams play to their potential for 60 minutes, JMU wins by more than a TD. The fact is, this season JMU has rarely played to their potential.

TennBison
December 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM
If both teams play to their potential for 60 minutes, JMU wins by more than a TD. The fact is, this season JMU has rarely played to their potential.
Yeah, and if the Bison play to their potential, JMU does not even come back out for the second half because they ran out of clean underwear.

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2017, 08:28 AM

I honestly don't get why there seems to be such a fear of an empty looking stadium. During bowl season that's commonplace even amongst the lesser bowls featuring P5 teams. IMO, this venue should be chosen based off of what two teams like NDSU and JMU would bring if they're facing each other rather than what it may look like if it's Eastern Washington vs Maine. If the NCAA's goal in this championship is to squeeze/save every penny possible it's counterintuitive to play the title game in a smaller venue just to give it the "exclusive" feel.

It all really boils down to who bids but I'd hope the NCAA has had it's eyes opened by the skyrocketing secondary market ticket prices in this one. I've always been on the side of Frisco being a good host and I still thing they're a good host they just don't have a big enough stadium and their recent renovations, even when completed, just make it worse by further reducing capacity.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2017, 08:36 AM
I said "yes" to this earlier.....I know it is too late, but this game would have sold out in SMU's venue (34,000)

That would have been a good size for this game.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU is better than the team that lost to JMU last year.

- - - Updated - - -

7 days until the National Championship game!

Dewey

Looking forward to it!!

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't get why there seems to be such a fear of an empty looking stadium. During bowl season that's commonplace even amongst the lesser bowls featuring P5 teams. IMO, this venue should be chosen based off of what two teams like NDSU and JMU would bring if they're facing each other rather than what it may look like if it's Eastern Washington vs Maine. If the NCAA's goal in this championship is to squeeze/save every penny possible it's counterintuitive to play the title game in a smaller venue just to give it the "exclusive" feel.

It all really boils down to who bids but I'd hope the NCAA has had it's eyes opened by the skyrocketing secondary market ticket prices in this one. I've always been on the side of Frisco being a good host and I still thing they're a good host they just don't have a big enough stadium and their recent renovations, even when completed, just make it worse by further reducing capacity.

That Nashville stadium picture someone posted looked nice and had a bigger capacity.

Twentysix
December 30th, 2017, 08:51 AM
I hope San Diego bids after soccer city is opened. It's designed so that the second level can be curtained off pretty easily. 30,000 seats when you need it and about half that if you only need half.

San Diego is 10,000,000x a better January city than Nashville. Honestly it's just 10,000,000x better.

You would have a real chance of an 85° game in January.

NDSUtk
December 30th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Last time they did full bids (2010), the cities weren't very impressive: Frisco and Chattanooga were the finalists. They also had bids from Missoula, Spokane and Little Rock.

The trick for a San Diego type city is you need a group aligned with FCS to bid. The Southland did that with Frisco.

BisonBacker
December 30th, 2017, 09:43 AM

xlolx

I so can't wait for this game to be played.

BEAR
December 30th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Last time they did full bids (2010), the cities weren't very impressive: Frisco and Chattanooga were the finalists. They also had bids from Missoula, Spokane and Little Rock.

The trick for a San Diego type city is you need a group aligned with FCS to bid. The Southland did that with Frisco.

xlolx Little Rock? xlolx Let me guess. War Memorial. Thanks for coming to one of the most crime ridden cities in the nation. Don't forget to leave your wallets with a blood or a crip on the way to your car, depending on which parking lot you are parked. xlolx

NDSUtk
December 30th, 2017, 10:05 AM
xlolx Little Rock? xlolx Let me guess. War Memorial. Thanks for coming to one of the most crime ridden cities in the nation. Don't forget to leave your wallets with a blood or a crip on the way to your car, depending on which parking lot you are parked. xlolxWear your school colors... Unless they are also gang colors :)

BEAR
December 30th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Wear your school colors... Unless they are also gang colors :)

Blue and red make purple. I'm safe. xlolx

Nickels
December 30th, 2017, 12:30 PM
I cant believe the poll is so close. Bison are clear favorites IMO.

Bison56
December 30th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I cant believe the poll is so close. Bison are clear favorites IMO.

JMU has the best team ever not sure how they don't have a huge lead in the poll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2017, 12:48 PM
JMU has the best team ever not sure how they don't have a huge lead in the poll.

Bison will lose by 40....

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2017, 12:54 PM
JMU has the best team ever not sure how they don't have a huge lead in the poll.Are they as dangerous as ACU though?

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Bison will lose by 40.... Quit with the sandbagging! The bison are not even going to fly to the game as they have already given JMU the title due to them losing their rights to streamers.

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Blue and red make purple. I'm safe. xlolx Oh summer camp talks

BEAR
December 30th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quit with the sandbagging! The bison are not even going to fly to the game as they have already given JMU the title due to them losing their rights to streamers.

Or the NCAA will send the trophy to UND anyway...so why bother....xlolx

dewey
December 30th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about coach Houston and Klieman having great coaching jobs where they are currently at.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4380678-intangibles-ndsu-jmu-make-it-hard-head-football-coaches-look-elsewhere

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Or the NCAA will send the trophy to UND anyway...so why bother....xlolxThat was such bull**** when that happened.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quit with the sandbagging! The bison are not even going to fly to the game as they have already given JMU the title due to them losing their rights to streamers.

I don't sandbag..........

:D

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2017, 04:19 PM
I don't sandbag..........

:DNot enough McNeese or SDSU in your blood yet?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2017, 12:00 PM
JMU likes to run a 4-2-5 on defense. Not sure if that is their base because I haven't watched every game of theirs.

If they stay in that the Bison should be able to run on that alignment. Now, JMU will probably bring some DBs into the box to run support. Hopefully Mess doesn't call a lot of 5 step drops in the passing game because JMU has a very good pass rush. Short routes and use the TEs. NDSU needs to utilize their big size advantage on the OL....wear down the JMU front 4.

Game of adjustments? Both teams will be doing it.

Drblankstare
December 31st, 2017, 03:50 PM
Can the Bison WR’s get open when JMU plays press man? That’s the biggest question for me. Stick had nowhere to throw the last time these guys played.

POD Knows
December 31st, 2017, 04:12 PM
Can the Bison WR’s get open when JMU plays press man? That’s the biggest question for me. Stick had nowhere to throw the last time these guys played.Nope, that is why we need to involve the TE's and the RB's. We simply do not have the skill players at WR to do this.

caribbeanhen
December 31st, 2017, 06:40 PM
Can the Bison WR’s get open when JMU plays press man? That’s the biggest question for me. Stick had nowhere to throw the last time these guys played.

Weber State hit JMU for some big plays, I think it was all American #87 and #4 who was pretty good, but do the bison have this level of receivers? Stick is going to get some heat from that front 4, how he reacts will be the story of this game

Bisonator
December 31st, 2017, 06:45 PM
Nope, that is why we need to involve the TE's and the RB's. We simply do not have the skill players at WR to do this.
I think our TE's and backs are going to have to make some big plays in the passing game no doubt about it.

FUGameBreaker
December 31st, 2017, 07:30 PM
JMU wins, case closed

Twentysix
December 31st, 2017, 09:57 PM
JMU wins, case closedThis looks like signature material :)

Bison56
December 31st, 2017, 10:17 PM
This looks like signature material :)

He has made a lot of those type of comments.

BisonTru
December 31st, 2017, 11:12 PM
Weber State hit JMU for some big plays, I think it was all American #87 and #4 who was pretty good, but do the bison have this level of receivers? Stick is going to get some heat from that front 4, how he reacts will be the story of this game

We have a WR that caught 10 balls against Ohio State as a Freshman who's struggling to get playing time on our FBS squad. xdrunkyx

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2018, 12:28 AM
He has made a lot of those type of comments.
You mean like this thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?177667-LOL-NDSU-is-a-total-joke

Bison56
January 1st, 2018, 12:44 AM
You mean like this thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?177667-LOL-NDSU-is-a-total-joke

Exactly

caribbeanhen
January 1st, 2018, 05:27 AM

One thing is for sure, nobody loves a good troll more than bison fans...you guys flocked to this poster more than teenage girls flocked to Tony Manero

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 1st, 2018, 06:57 AM
JMU wins, case closed

Sort of like saying Mercer "hung in there" with Alabama....

dewey
January 1st, 2018, 04:29 PM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Zone about the upcoming National Championship game.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-fcs-championship-preview/

Dewey

KPSUL
January 1st, 2018, 07:25 PM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Zone about the upcoming National Championship game.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-fcs-championship-preview/

Dewey

Those guys do a great job presenting news on both teams objectively.

dewey
January 1st, 2018, 07:28 PM
Those guys do a great job presenting news on both teams objectively.I think they are the best FCS coverage guys out there.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
January 1st, 2018, 08:14 PM
I think they are the best FCS coverage guys out there.

Dewey

They we're doing pretty good until they said James Madison blew out everybody except Weber State, anyone that watched the Delaware James Madison game this year knows that was no blowout

dewey
January 1st, 2018, 09:08 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about 4 injured Bison and a little information about them preparing for the game in 4.5 days (Lance Dunn, Jalen Allison, Jaylan Wimbush and Ty Brooks).

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4381508-four-injured-bison-back-practice-will-they-play-against-james-madison

Dewey

UpstateBison
January 1st, 2018, 09:22 PM
They we're doing pretty good until they said James Madison blew out everybody except Weber State, anyone that watched the Delaware James Madison game this year knows that was no blowout

When did the Reeder’s shut down JMU?

footballer23
January 1st, 2018, 11:43 PM
Looks like 5dimes finally has a line for the game... NDSU -3.5, O/U 47.5

Derby City Duke
January 1st, 2018, 11:47 PM
The play that has given JMU the most issues has been the wheel route. The Bison hit it for a big play last year in the semi-final and Weber State's long touchdown was also on the wheel. I'm not sure our defense was set in the NDSU game (even ESPN missed the snap) as the previous play it looked like Stick had fumbled -- ESPN was still discussing the replay at the snap.

The safety rotating over into coverage looked unsure whether to play the ball or the man, played neither, and WSU had a 81-yard TD catch and run. Green looked out of sorts a lot in that game, but appeared to be his old self vs. SDSU.

dewey
January 2nd, 2018, 08:00 AM
The play that has given JMU the most issues has been the wheel route. The Bison hit it for a big play last year in the semi-final and Weber State's long touchdown was also on the wheel. I'm not sure our defense was set in the NDSU game (even ESPN missed the snap) as the previous play it looked like Stick had fumbled -- ESPN was still discussing the replay at the snap.

The safety rotating over into coverage looked unsure whether to play the ball or the man, played neither, and WSU had a 81-yard TD catch and run. Green looked out of sorts a lot in that game, but appeared to be his old self vs. SDSU.

NDSU has run the wheel route out of the Delta (Stick in shotgun and 3 running backs surrounding him). NDSU scored a lot on that play last year with Stick to Morlock. I am pretty sure they have used that in the playoffs with touchdown passes to Wilson and Anderson.

I would imagine the NDSU coaches have seen that and have a plan to use it.

Dewey

dewey
January 2nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
Here is a post by the Bison Media Zone about NDSU's quest for a 6th FCS title.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-quest-for-six/

The post says NDSU is going for their 6th title in 13 years of being in Division 1. This is however not correct.

NDSU is in its 10 year of being eligible for the FCS playoffs.
2008 - Did not make playoffs
2009 - Did not make playoffs
2010 - Quarterfinals
2011 - Title
2012 - Title
2013 - Title
2014 - Title
2015 - Title
2016 - Semifinals
2017 - National Title game

Dewey

Bisonator
January 2nd, 2018, 08:09 AM
Will JMU have any of their injured players back for the game? Or is Houston keeping it all secretive? What were the injuries?

Lehigh'98
January 2nd, 2018, 08:55 AM

You guys will have your shot at da Bizun next year.

Gil Dobie
January 2nd, 2018, 09:02 AM
You guys will have your shot at da Bizun next year.

FBS Delaware?

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2018, 09:05 AM
NDSU has run the wheel route out of the Delta (Stick in shotgun and 3 running backs surrounding him). NDSU scored a lot on that play last year with Stick to Morlock. I am pretty sure they have used that in the playoffs with touchdown passes to Wilson and Anderson.

I would imagine the NDSU coaches have seen that and have a plan to use it.

Dewey
They've scored on an RB wheel route in every playoff game so far this year. Wilson caught it against San Diego and Wofford and Anderson caught it against SHSU. I'd put money on seeing it at least called in the natty. JMU has to know it's coming and I'm sure is preparing for it (but so should've Wofford and SHSU) so we'll see whether or not it's still effective.

They've even been running it with the TE lately. They got a big play on it to Wentz against Wofford IIRC.

grayghost06
January 2nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
Will JMU have any of their injured players back for the game? Or is Houston keeping it all secretive? What were the injuries?

With Houston, everything is mum until the players take the field. The reporters have pretty much given up on asking him anymore on injuries. Also, school is out, so no updates on seeing the injured guys around campus.

jmufan999
January 2nd, 2018, 09:16 AM

should get back WR Miller (Special Teams POY) and possibly an OL. Houston is very unlikely to reveal anything. there might be someone else we get back but those are the big ones. getting Miller back is huge, he's been a clutch player throughout his career. really tough to defend Stapleton, Alls, and Miller.

dewey
January 2nd, 2018, 10:04 AM
With Houston, everything is mum until the players take the field. The reporters have pretty much given up on asking him anymore on injuries. Also, school is out, so no updates on seeing the injured guys around campus.

The Bison Media Blog guys said that neither coach will say anything and the only way to figure out the injury situation will be to see who is out running around at the practice that is open to the public on Thursday.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 2nd, 2018, 10:10 AM
They've scored on an RB wheel route in every playoff game so far this year. Wilson caught it against San Diego and Wofford and Anderson caught it against SHSU. I'd put money on seeing it at least called in the natty. JMU has to know it's coming and I'm sure is preparing for it (but so should've Wofford and SHSU) so we'll see whether or not it's still effective.

They've even been running it with the TE lately. They got a big play on it to Wentz against Wofford IIRC.

If JMU consistently stacks the box in running situations, hopefully the Bison utilize this. ES needs to change plays and get them in better plays against what the defense is showing. Chess match for both teams. Looking forward to it.

FUGameBreaker
January 2nd, 2018, 11:31 AM
This looks like signature material :)

Correct, for me xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

One thing is for sure, nobody loves a good troll more than bison fans...you guys flocked to this poster more than teenage girls flocked to Tony Manero

Haha true that, they are so predictable, gotta love it

dewey
January 2nd, 2018, 12:34 PM
Here is an article about the WDAY and Fargo Forum schedule of coverage for championship game week.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/01/01/httpwww-forumcomm-combrands-overview/

Dewey

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2018, 01:48 PM
When did the Reeder’s shut down JMU?

the Bison show said JMU blew everyone out except Weber st

My post was basically saying that Delaware didn't get blown out

they gave up a 1st quarter TD and that was it

check the game out for yourself if you want

if the Bison D is this good and Stick doesn't make mistakes you win

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Eu1VOKPIo

jmu007
January 2nd, 2018, 02:00 PM

My post was basically saying that Delaware didn't get blown out

they gave up a 1st quarter TD and that was it

check the game out for yourself if you want

if the Bison D is this good and Stick doesn't make mistakes you win

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Eu1VOKPIo

Before Elon and the playoffs I may have agreed with you. Marcus Marshall is a totally different player now than vs Delaware. Also, Stapleton was coming off either bum ankle or hand surgery that game (can't remember which). Those 2 players are the biggest difference in the Dukes' offense the past 4 games.

DirtyDukes
January 2nd, 2018, 02:12 PM
Hey guys I was traveling all break and really expected to come back to a ****show but other than some nerd admissions talk this has been a pretty, pretty, pretty good thread.

https://i.giphy.com/media/111ebonMs90YLu/200.gif

KPSUL
January 2nd, 2018, 02:23 PM
I was traveling all break

Well you better get to work then! You've got a very limited amount of time to get the ****show back on track by game time!

Lorne_Malvo
January 2nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
Hey guys I was traveling all break and really expected to come back to a ****show but other than some nerd admissions talk this has been a pretty, pretty, pretty good thread.

Well..... #streamergate

dewey
January 2nd, 2018, 02:54 PM

Here is what was said at about the 815 mark of the video.

"They have blown everybody out....outside of a couple of opponents, Weber State comes to mind and Richmond"

It is obvious that JMU didn't blow out Delaware and I think not specifically listing Delaware was an omission by Jeff Kolpack and Dom Izzo.

Dewey

Scooter
January 2nd, 2018, 03:11 PM
Here is what was said at about the 815 mark of the video.

"They have blown everybody out....outside of a couple of opponents, Weber State comes to mind and Richmond"

It is obvious that JMU didn't blow out Delaware and I think not specifically listing Delaware was an omission by Jeff Kolpack and Dom Izzo.

Dewey
Here are some scores for JMU after 3 quarters....
Maine 14-10 JMU
Delaware 17-10 JMU
New Hampshire 21-0 JMU
Richmond 10-10
Stonybrook 19-0
Weber 10-14 Weber st
SDSU 51 -10 JMU.

Looks like JMU has been in a few tight ball games going into the 4th. They have shown the ability to win the 4th quarter though.

Scooter
January 2nd, 2018, 03:40 PM
For me, the big difference between NDSU from last season is the play at the start the game. There were a few times where NDSU put themselves into a hole early. SDSU scored 10 quick points in the playoffs and JMU also put up 17 points before NDSU got on track. This hasn't happened this season. In the playoffs, NDSU has looked much better when comparing the two NDSU teams.
I believe that Deluca, Tanguay and Cox are significant upgrades from the 2016 Bison defense. Also, I'm not sold that I would bench Bridges if both corners are good to go. The kid really stepped up vs SHSU.

Anyway, this will be a fun game to watch. I think it may resemble the 2015 Illinois St NDSU game.

These are definately the two best teams in FCS.

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2018, 03:45 PM
For me, the big difference between NDSU from last season is the play at the start the game. There were a few times where NDSU put themselves into a hole early. SDSU scored 10 quick points in the playoffs and JMU also put up 17 points before NDSU got on track. This hasn't happened this season. In the playoffs, NDSU has looked much better when comparing the two NDSU teams.
I believe that Deluca, Tanguay and Cox are significant upgrades from the 2016 Bison defense. Also, I'm not sold that I would bench Bridges if both corners are good to go. The kid really stepped up vs SHSU.

Anyway, this will be a fun game to watch. I think it may resemble the 2015 Illinois St NDSU game.

I think the biggest difference is 3rd down defense.

The 2016 Bison allowed opponents to convert 40% of their 3rd downs. The 2017 Bison (so far) have allowed opponents to convert only 25% of their 3rd downs. That includes a mindblowing 4 for 41 3rd down conversions allowed in the first 3 playoff games. Who wins the turnover battle and who wins on 3rd down very often correlate to who wins the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 2nd, 2018, 04:14 PM

Steidl also went down in that JMU game last year. Both you're right about Tanguay and DeLuca....it will be nice having them for this game compared with neither one for last year's game with JMU. NDSU's defense is better this year.

Bridges looked really good when he was in against SHSU.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the biggest different is 3rd down defense.

The 2016 Bison allowed opponents to convert 40% of their 3rd downs. The 2017 Bison (so far) have allowed opponents to convert only 25% of their 3rd downs. That includes allowing a mindblowing 4 for 41 3rd down conversions allowed in the first 3 playoff games. Who wins the turnover the battle and who wins on 3rd down very often correlates to who wins the game.

Agree.

GoDukes11
January 2nd, 2018, 04:38 PM

JMU was also missing several key players last year in the game vs. NDSU and had a freshman starting right tackle who was called for 6-7 false starts that consistently backed up drives. That shouldn't happen this time. The defense (much like NDSU) is improved from last year as well in my opinion. This should be a great game between two hard nosed football teams - really looking forward to it!

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2018, 05:10 PM
Before Elon and the playoffs I may have agreed with you. Marcus Marshall is a totally different player now than vs Delaware. Also, Stapleton was coming off either bum ankle or hand surgery that game (can't remember which). Those 2 players are the biggest difference in the Dukes' offense the past 4 games.

yeah I don't remember # 10 in the game at all for JMU that day

without him I don't think you beat Weber State

Also it must be said that it was very windy that day in Newark and that didn't help Schor and the JMU passing game

Lorne_Malvo
January 2nd, 2018, 05:50 PM
JMU was also missing several key players last year in the game vs. NDSU
Why were they not playing? I forget. ;)

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2018, 06:21 PM

I heard they were at a pre-game party with a few Bison scrubs

Derby City Duke
January 2nd, 2018, 06:25 PM

WIIFM syndrome...

TennBison
January 2nd, 2018, 06:46 PM
So what does JMU have for a pre-game party for the fans?

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2018, 09:19 PM
We have a WR that caught 10 balls against Ohio State as a Freshman who's struggling to get playing time on our FBS squad. xdrunkyx

so basically the takeaway here is he's not that good

Professor Chaos
January 3rd, 2018, 03:15 PM
The message board bravado is really starting to heat up on each team's respective home boards today. I find it comical that a good amount of JMU and fellow Bison fans love to pick out the most outrageous claims from the homers on the opposing board and then run back to their own board and shout "Look how dumb they are!!!! They're not nearly as great as us!!!"

These two fan bases are even more similar than I originally thought. xlolx

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2018, 03:19 PM
What is the point spread line on the game?

KPSUL
January 3rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
What is the point spread line on the game?

JMU: 3423 streamers

NDSU: 0

TheKingpin28
January 3rd, 2018, 03:35 PM
The message board bravado is really starting to heat up on each team's respective home boards today. I find it comical that a good amount of JMU and fellow Bison fans love to pick out the most outrageous claims from the homers on the opposing board and then run back to their own board and shout "Look how dumb they are!!!! They're not nearly as great as us!!!"

These two fan bases are even more similar than I originally thought. xlolxAnything is better than the GaSo debacle on here a few years ago. The team who hits 24 first, IMO wins the game.

FargoBison
January 3rd, 2018, 08:19 PM
Lots of Bison fans starting the trek to Frisco tonight...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/0c947f3c65c01a5ada29a524f566906d.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 3rd, 2018, 08:32 PM
Friday noon at the airport in Fargo...straight shot down to DFW.

Looking forward to this trip and getting #6!!

dewey
January 3rd, 2018, 09:41 PM
My almost 8 year old, 4.5 year old and myself head to Kansas City tomorrow morning.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 3rd, 2018, 09:43 PM
My almost 8 year old, 4.5 year old and myself head to Kansas City tomorrow morning.

Dewey

Have the TV monitor in the vehicle??....a must when on a road trip with small kids. Must for all parents...xnodx

dewey
January 3rd, 2018, 09:45 PM
Have the TV monitor in the vehicle??....a must when on a road trip with small kids. Must for all parents...xnodxAbsolutely! We packed a backpack of activities, movies, snacks and toys for the migration South.

My boys are freaking JACKED for the trip and the game.

Dewey

dewey
January 3rd, 2018, 10:50 PM
A 100 foot bar being added to the South end zone at Toyota Stadium!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4382677-if-bison-ever-make-it-back-southside-toyota-stadium-will-be-hot-spot

Dewey

TheKingpin28
January 3rd, 2018, 11:52 PM
A 100 foot bar being added to the South end zone at Toyota Stadium!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4382677-if-bison-ever-make-it-back-southside-toyota-stadium-will-be-hot-spot

Dewey

Oh baby!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 4th, 2018, 05:13 AM
[QUOTE=dewey;2598626]Absolutely! We packed a backpack of activities, movies, snacks and toys for the migration South.

Dewey

Nice work!

Did that with my girls but that was before the TV monitors were in the vehicles. Had those VCRs with a monitor that hung from the back seats. They were a God send when we made our annual trek to Kountze in the winter. Drinks, snacks, toys and plenty of movies....xnodxxlolx

dewey
January 4th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog about a Day 1 recap in Frisco.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-frisco-2018-day-1-recap/

We are heading out in about 1 hour.

Dewey

Bison56
January 4th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog about a Day 1 recap in Frisco.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-frisco-2018-day-1-recap/

We are heading out in about 1 hour.

Dewey
Want to wish you and everyone else making the trip safe travels, and have a good time!

JayJ79
January 4th, 2018, 09:49 AM
2017 NCAA Division I Football Championship will be at 12:00 AM ET on Saturday, January 6 2018
I'm too lazy to sift through 65 pages of replies, so perhaps this was covered earlier.

But 12:00 AM is midnight. Seems an odd time to kick off a championship football game.

JayMYou
January 4th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Lots of Bison fans starting the trek to Frisco tonight...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/0c947f3c65c01a5ada29a524f566906d.jpg

Man, Bison fans being really active at their places of employment. Never realized there were so many Taco Bells along I-29. xrotatehx

Bison56
January 4th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Man, Bison fans being really active at their places of employment. Never realized there were so many Taco Bells along I-29. xrotatehx

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

JayMYou
January 4th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Yes.

Green1
January 4th, 2018, 12:17 PM

Meanwhile on the Bulldog tracker-

xdontknowx

TheKingpin28
January 4th, 2018, 12:43 PM

xdontknowx

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/019/731/Forty_keks.jpg

Bison56
January 4th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Yes.

I believe it.

Hammerhead
January 4th, 2018, 02:21 PM

We work at Taco John's which is a greasier version of Taco Bell. Looks like they have 2 locations in Virginia.

Twentysix
January 4th, 2018, 02:50 PM
We work at Taco John's which is a greasier version of Taco Bell. Looks like they have 2 locations in Virginia.Every few days I mourn the fact that California has no 🌮 Taco John's

JayJ79
January 4th, 2018, 03:03 PM
are the GPS-tracked eartags mandatory for Bison fans or optional?

JayMYou
January 4th, 2018, 03:12 PM

xdontknowx

C'mon now, lots of JMU fans are snowed in from the East Coast storm. I saw on the news that NDSU fans were encountering travel delays as well, here's a clip of some Bison fans having a hard time traversing the Red River.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xULW8oPCUzBkdY18Ck/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
January 4th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Not sure how to feel about the fact that I don't even have the slightest fandom "pregame jitters" to this one. It's weird.

Green1
January 4th, 2018, 03:23 PM
C'mon now, lots of JMU fans are snowed in from the East Coast storm. I saw on the news that NDSU fans were encountering travel delays as well, here's a clip of some Bison fans having a hard time traversing the Red River.

I'm sure it is hard to gather all of the JMU fans together at once in order to get on the same bandwagon.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26893&stc=1

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Absolutely! We packed a backpack of activities, movies, snacks and toys for the migration South.

Dewey

Sounds like a good time right there now.... what a lucky couple of sons you have!

dewey
January 4th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a good time right there now.... what a lucky couple of sons you have!Here are some photos from today...

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/bcfd0e54f123eb457a35b400e3d3aa31.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/8cf37d7d088c10bf435f2222841b3b7d.jpg

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Here are some photos from today...

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/bcfd0e54f123eb457a35b400e3d3aa31.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/8cf37d7d088c10bf435f2222841b3b7d.jpg

Where is the cerveza?

dewey
January 4th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Where is the cerveza?I wish😁

Edit...

Found one.

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/dfe976b9b2b08ca4c1f0b54e5b32adc5.jpg

Bison56
January 4th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Awesome memories being made, enjoy it before you know it the will be grown up.

Hoboken Dukes
January 4th, 2018, 05:59 PM
I'm sure it is hard to gather all of the JMU fans together at once in order to get on the same bandwagon.

LOL, good one!!! Two more days until these flyover state MVFC fans pipe down after another bruising defeat - same as last year. Just a shame the committee didn't put SDSU on your side of the bracket, would have opened up a lot more tickets for us when they beat your azzes again.

JMU about to have four straight wins over the cream of the flyover state conference by double digits.

#DecembristForLife

Green1
January 4th, 2018, 06:24 PM
LOL, good one!!! Two more days until these flyover state MVFC fans pipe down after another bruising defeat - same as last year. Just a shame the committee didn't put SDSU on your side of the bracket, would have opened up a lot more tickets for us when they beat your azzes again.

JMU about to have four straight wins over the cream of the flyover state conference by double digits.

#DecembristForLife

Wishful thinking is one thing and reality is another. Enjoy the crown for a couple more days...

Bison56
January 4th, 2018, 07:21 PM

#DecembristForLife

NDSUtk
January 4th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Found the 2 JMU fans that made it to Tight Ends. The best is all the servers are wearing NDSU gear. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/efaaee9985d17b0e961706c889fccc6d.jpg

Bisonoline
January 4th, 2018, 07:32 PM

#DecembristForLife

xblahxxblahxxcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 4th, 2018, 08:01 PM

#DecembristForLife

You need a few more posts to get that shade over 11 posts/year up a little higher....xlolx....xthumbsupx

NDSU1980
January 4th, 2018, 09:21 PM
You need a few more posts to get that shade over 11 posts/year up a little higher....xlolx....xthumbsupx

Well hey, he's a lot higher than my 4 posts per year average. :D

Hammerhead
January 4th, 2018, 09:38 PM
But I read here on AGS that Frisco businesses hated Bison fans.
Found the 2 JMU fans that made it to Tight Ends. The best is all the servers are wearing NDSU gear. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/efaaee9985d17b0e961706c889fccc6d.jpg

swaghook
January 4th, 2018, 09:47 PM
But I read here on AGS that Frisco businesses hated Bison fans. Every where we went today we were told that they had missed seeing BisonNation last year.

KPSUL
January 4th, 2018, 10:43 PM

Nice of you to bring your little brother who's a JMU fan!

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2018, 12:22 AM

#DecembristForLife

You're not good at this. Go get your shinebox kiddo.

bonarae
January 5th, 2018, 03:06 AM
Meanwhile...

Carson's less-heralded (to some extent) cousin, Connor Wentz, one of the 20 Bison seniors playing their last college game together, spoke with NCAA.com.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-01-04/fcs-championship-connor-wentz-carsons-cousin-takes-larger-spotlight

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2018, 05:12 AM
Well hey, he's a lot higher than my 4 posts per year average. :D

You need to post over here a little more compared to BV....xthumbsupx

dewey
January 5th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Happy Bison football eve!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/6e2ad1c2735dfe98f8758349eebaa6e4.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Overall, I think NDSU's defense has more speed compared to last year. The Bison DEs need to get some pressure on Schorr and not let him make plays....keep him contained.

On the plane in a little under 6 hours.

AmsterBison
January 5th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Overall, I think NDSU's defense has more speed compared to last year. The Bison DEs need to get some pressure on Schorr and not let him make plays....keep him contained.

Remember that Cal Poly game back in 2005 that NDSU lost by 28? All the media guys in North Dakota said how slow NDSU looked and how the staff was going to have to start from scratch. The next year, with the same players, NDSU beat them by 37. On defense, at least, playing fast has a lot to do with knowing what you are supposed to be doing. There were several games last year that the NDSU defense looked a bit lost.

JMU is very fast on defense - they went sideline to sideline better than Bison opponent I've seen, and their DBs have great closing speed. That doesn't mean NDSU is not fast. You don't win 5 national championships being in a row being slow.

KPSUL
January 5th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Happy Bison football eve!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/6e2ad1c2735dfe98f8758349eebaa6e4.jpg

The eve of destruction?

Southern Bison
January 5th, 2018, 12:49 PM
A little kegs-n-eggs pre-gaming on the flight. BisonOLine, I'm ready!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/f4a00d9e255deb70f3aad085e6839ba2.jpg

cx500d
January 5th, 2018, 03:47 PM
A little kegs-n-eggs pre-gaming on the flight. BisonOLine, I'm ready!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/f4a00d9e255deb70f3aad085e6839ba2.jpg

Yuck!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Lots of yellow and green around!!!

BisonTru
January 5th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Buddy on the way stopped at the Arby's in Brookings.

Said you can get 10 free turnovers.

cx500d
January 5th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Buddy on the way stopped at the Arby's in Brookings.

Said you can get 10 free turnovers.

My stomach turned over 10 times the last time I was in Brookings.

RabidRabbit
January 5th, 2018, 08:34 PM
This Rabid fan has a tix available. $125 takes. Rabbithole brews included. Hit me up

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Excited to see a great game. May the best team win!

CalBison97
January 5th, 2018, 09:14 PM
3 weeks to prepare, better defense, better offense...Bison roll 27-10.

NDSU1980
January 5th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Bison score first and never look back. NDSU by 14

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2018, 06:04 AM
GameDay...could hardly sleep last night. NDSU is better on both sides this year and will come out with #6.

Weather will be great and I'm on the 40 yard line....heck ya!!!

Bison 31-20

WeAreThePride
January 6th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Bison by 9. A safety seals the game in the waning seconds of yet another loss to the BISON.

Twentysix
January 6th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Totally serene tonight. Bison win #14.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2018, 06:18 AM
Excited to see a great game. May the best team win!

Yes and yes and let's hope the refs don't make this the yellow flag show, let these teams play

Gil Dobie
January 6th, 2018, 06:56 AM
It's Game Day Pukes!

TennBison
January 6th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Yes and yes and let's hope the refs don't make this the yellow flag show, let these teams play
How about we just say "call the game fair". I still scratch my head over statements like "let these teams play". Is that code or something for just tell the refs to glue their flags to the insides of their pockets? If a penalty happens and refs don't throw flags then all you end up with is a WWF wrestling match on a football field. No game should be called any different than any other.

Ivytalk
January 6th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Trump 31, Clinton 30.

dewey
January 6th, 2018, 08:09 AM
National Championship GAMEDAY!

Bison win a classic 24-20.

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/04be36ae10be1c00bb2a781e99677f4f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/7f281ac56e0a861869ef6851f24edcbd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/fb129f44ee4c479c428983b2cbd8b574.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/5325f3e842b12cef113b4e3805c9e192.jpg

veinup
January 6th, 2018, 08:22 AM

what types of services do these "servers" provide?

Gil Dobie
January 6th, 2018, 08:39 AM

Sound like Joe Buck. If he concentrated more on the game than the refs, he might be half-way good.

westdakotabison
January 6th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Bison by 21

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I'm looking forward to a good close game. I think Schor keeps JMU in this game with his legs. But, I believe the Bison run game will do what it has to do in the 4th quarter to finish. NDSU 27 JMU 23.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 09:35 AM
The key for NDSU in this game is to get out early and get a lead. NDSU has been down by more than 7 points twice this season....once @ YSU (win in OT) and @ SDSU. The NDSU O tends to press when down by 10+ and that is how you get Stick startled.

The key for JMU is the inverse. They can overcome that against Weber....but probably not NDSU.

The thing to watch is the first full second the ball is snapped. If NDSU can get a good push up front after the snap, I like their chances in this game.

Lehigh'98
January 6th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Can JMU force Bison to pass? Can Bison WRs get separation if they do? Can JMU Establish a run game? Who makes the better adjustments in game? Pulling for JMU, but I see this as a 28-10 Bison win. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Gil Dobie
January 6th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Can JMU force Bison to pass? Can Bison WRs get separation if they do? Can JMU Establish a run game? Who makes the better adjustments in game? Pulling for JMU, but I see this as a 28-10 Bison win. Hope I'm dead wrong.

A key for the Bison passing game will be TE's and RB's.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 09:40 AM
A key for the Bison passing game will be TE's and RB's.

Bubble screens right at JMU's top DE....the RBs need to do their best McNorton impersonation. :D

TheKingpin28
January 6th, 2018, 09:42 AM
It's ****ing gameday! Go Bison!

Christiank22
January 6th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Are all JMU fans assholes or just the ones in Frisco?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Are all JMU fans assholes or just the ones in Frisco?

According to my own experience last year, just the ones in Frisco.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Another key is going to be special teams and field position. NDSU can't afford short/shanked punts.

POD Knows
January 6th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Bubble screens right at JMU's top DE....the RBs need to do their best McNorton impersonation. :D
This. It works virtually every time it is tried.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 09:58 AM
This. It works virtually every time it is tried.

I know it is still in the playbook.....just don't see it nearly as much anymore. Ojuri and Crockett didn't catch the ball out of the backfield much....I think Anderson and Dunn can though. Put a guy like Dunn (healthy anyway) in space and it is fun to watch. That would slow the pass rush too.

TheRevSFA
January 6th, 2018, 09:59 AM
I won’t lie, I want to see NDSU curbstomp JMU

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 10:00 AM

I am in complete agreement.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 10:00 AM

Well, hopefully you get your wish. xlolx I don't see it though.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Lance Dunn is a go, no Ty Brooks today.

centennial
January 6th, 2018, 10:35 AM

I hope so.

Bison56
January 6th, 2018, 10:37 AM

Is it personal?

POD Knows
January 6th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Great interview with Ahmad Brooks on the Bison pregame show on KVLY. The guy drove three hours to watch the game. He is an ESPN analyst that has done a few games in Fargo

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 10:44 AM
JMU fans on ESPNU upset that NDSU fans are "too nice" to talk smack too...proceed to act like douchebags on national TV. xlolx

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 10:46 AM
I'll be checking out of AGS so I don't go postal in the heat of the moment. Here's to a good game! xthumbsupx

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 10:47 AM
JMU fans on ESPNU upset that NDSU fans are "too nice" to talk smack too...proceed to act like douchebags on national TV. xlolx

Typical JMU. D-Baggery is a core curriculum class there.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 10:48 AM

Hopefully someone grabbed a video of it....it was priceless.

POD Knows
January 6th, 2018, 10:49 AM
They have a few guys acting like DB's on the local pregame show as well but not real terrible

Twentysix
January 6th, 2018, 10:51 AM
35-17 NDSU

Bison56
January 6th, 2018, 10:57 AM

Not a surprise.

gsf23nd
January 6th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Nice try but pretty worthless pregame show....

Schism55
January 6th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Nice try but pretty worthless pregame show....
...but Jay Walker xeyebrowx

centennial
January 6th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Can JMU fans be bigger douches?

Christiank22
January 6th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Can JMU fans be bigger douches?I really don't think so. I thought JSU took the cake but boy was I wrong. Now I know why everyone hates Yankees

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Uh oh. I saw streamers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2018, 11:07 AM
I can't help but think JMU is in big trouble....

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 6th, 2018, 11:08 AM
When was the last time NDSU wore white jerseys in a playoff game? 2010 or 2011?

Christiank22
3 and Out. Let's go.

kdinva
3 and out for the dukes......refs missed that INC> pass on 1st down......didn't matter...

JSUSoutherner
Well. That wasn't a catch but whatever.

TennBison
January 6th, 2018, 11:09 AM
3 and out, get use to it JMU.

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2018, 11:09 AM
North Dakata.

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Southland refs...uh oh.

centennial
January 6th, 2018, 11:10 AM
3 and out for JMU

kdinva
January 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM
3 and out, get use to it JMU.

JMU replies....

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM
JMU with the first real big mistake of the game...

The Kicker
January 6th, 2018, 11:13 AM
JMU just stepped on there D!ck on that one

Christiank22
January 6th, 2018, 11:13 AM
JMU replies....With a costly penalty

TheKingpin28
January 6th, 2018, 11:14 AM
At the bar and enjoying the game. I'll be back later regardless of the score

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 11:15 AM
At the bar and enjoying the game. I'll be back later regardless of the score

Don't get in a hurry...xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Is it just the TV or did they do a completely half ass job at painting the field?

TheKingpin28
January 6th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Don't get in a hurry...xdrunkyxI see what you did there

kdinva
Is it just the TV or did they do a completely half ass job at painting the field?

half ass job painting........embarrassing for Frisco, NCAA better react. Looks OK from above, field level, barely can see the lines.

my high school 40 years ago had better markings.

Daytripper
You can't win it all without a QB that can run. That's the reality.

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Bison!!

TennBison
his knees never touched the ground

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2018, 11:19 AM
half ass job painting........embarrassing for Frisco, NCAA better react.

my high school 40 years ago had better markings.
It looks really bad.

centennial
NDSU 7
JMU douches 0

TennBison
might get marked at the 6 inch line