PDA

View Full Version : FCS NC : NDSU vs JMU

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

X-Factor
January 6th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Possibly. Here is my two boys and myself.

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/3e0a9de71da21cf1b6cc41ffad2874fc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/d53f3e662c6c77c89a81ec64034c6962.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I bet your kids will be talking about this for years to come! Heck of a plan to bring them with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
January 6th, 2018, 08:20 PM
NDSU = Pipe
JMU = Nancy Kerrigans knee

23 years ago today = Fitting

xlolx

OL FU
January 6th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Congrats to both teams but really large congrats to the Bison. The last 7 years are simply amazing!!!!

centennial
January 6th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Do NDSU fans think the offensive play calling was too conservative? The roll outs, naked boots, and especially the WCO offense that I saw at the start of the game just went away.

TheKingpin28
January 6th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Do NDSU fans think the offensive play calling was too conservative? The roll outs, naked boots, and especially the WCO offense that I saw at the start of the game just went away.

The lack of utilizing the TE for sure hurt us. The 2nd half, IMO, turned into a "Let's trust our defense and keep the TOP when our defense is not on the field."

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 09:01 PM

JMU's speed on D took alot of sideline-to-sideline stuff away. NDSU had their best success going north and south under center.

I also think Klieman was content on protecting the ball and didn't wanna turn it into a turnover festival. They picked their spots.

Da Herd
January 6th, 2018, 09:03 PM
I bet your kids will be talking about this for years to come! Heck of a plan to bring them with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All those chipper games blend together after a while.. :D

centennial
January 6th, 2018, 09:04 PM
The lack of utilizing the TE for sure hurt us. The 2nd half, IMO, turned into a "Let's trust our defense and keep the TOP when our defense is not on the field."

Agree. TE could've really helped. Stick looked good too. NDSU decided to play not to lose a little bit(mostly trusting the defense). JMU stacked the box a lot. I think coming out the game plan was solid, once NDSU was up 17-3, they just went into a shell.

Da Herd
January 6th, 2018, 09:07 PM

Hard to say.. Their passing game on 3rd and short wasn't exactly electric.

TheKingpin28
January 6th, 2018, 09:38 PM
Agree. TE could've really helped. Stick looked good too. NDSU decided to play not to lose a little bit(mostly trusting the defense). JMU stacked the box a lot. I think coming out the game plan was solid, once NDSU was up 17-3, they just went into a shell.

They got the win, so it is all good, but they should have utilized the PA to the TE to really open the box. It was weird that once they hit 17, things just went to, as BF02 said, "Don't turnover the ball".

Panther88
January 6th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Congrats to the bison! The class of fcs.

GsephBison
January 6th, 2018, 10:08 PM
I do love the elbow pointing by the bison! To the bone is what JMU says it is. xnodx so glad NDSU picked up on this, it drove my wife crazy when we watched the SDSU game.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 10:46 PM
So, that fumble call.....

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleges/mistakes-ndsu-prevent-jmu-from-repeating-as-fcs-national-champion/article_1ee1769c-24f0-5066-9b78-f9eebcad9998.html

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/roanoke.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/96/796789ab-8200-5cd5-b16b-b4180f273b2e/5a5160ac2a58f.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C794

I had figured on the one camera angle, his knee was down......ESPN then showed the a view briefly from the other side/JMU sideline, and I wasn't so sure. That prompted me to think there wouldn't be enough to overturn the call on the field.

I actually think they got the call right. His knee is just hitting the ground, and that ball is out....bang bang play.

JMUNJ08
January 6th, 2018, 11:28 PM
So, that fumble call.....

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleges/mistakes-ndsu-prevent-jmu-from-repeating-as-fcs-national-champion/article_1ee1769c-24f0-5066-9b78-f9eebcad9998.html

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/roanoke.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/96/796789ab-8200-5cd5-b16b-b4180f273b2e/5a5160ac2a58f.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C794

I had figured on the one camera angle, his knee was down......ESPN then showed the a view briefly from the other side/JMU sideline, and I wasn't so sure. That prompted me to think there wouldn't be enough to overturn the call on the field.

I actually think they got the call right. His knee is just hitting the ground, and that ball is out....bang bang play.

Good shot there. It was a play that whatever was called on the field would stand. It seemed like, then didn’t seem like a fumble.

JMUNJ08
January 6th, 2018, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't sell Mike Houston short, the potential is there, but there is some definite work to get done.

Not selling short whatsoever. We just have to prove ourselves next year with the Senior class gone. Can we get back to Frisco? 💯 are we a favorite? Not right now because t def still on short list

JMUNJ08
January 6th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Possibly. Here is my two boys and myself.

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/3e0a9de71da21cf1b6cc41ffad2874fc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/d53f3e662c6c77c89a81ec64034c6962.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great shots! Always love seeing the kids at college games. Such a better atmosphere than professional sports and they can be brainwashed into your alma mater on top of it 😉

Bison56
January 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Great defensive battle, hats off to both teams. What was the average starting field position for both teams? Seemed like JMU started damn close to midfield most of the game. NDSU needs a punter.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Good shot there. It was a play that whatever was called on the field would stand. It seemed like, then didn’t seem like a fumble.

Agree. I don't think you would have had enough to overturn it either way...

JMUNJ08
January 6th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Does your mommy come in and pickup your bedroom for you too? You guys act like a bunch of spoiled rich kids that never had to do a thing in your entire lives.

Spoiled rich kids? You sir do not know JMU and our culture or where we come from. Take a look at a bunch of other fan bases and you’d much rather have a beer with some of us regular folk

Lorne_Malvo
January 7th, 2018, 12:06 AM
Spoiled rich kids? You sir do not know JMU and our culture or where we come from. Take a look at a bunch of other fan bases and you’d much rather have a beer with some of us regular folk

I would rather drink with fans from pretty much any other team.

cx500d
January 7th, 2018, 12:12 AM

I have to say I had a blast with JMU fans at the tailgate, as well as the mixed section I was in. Had JMU people on both sides of us and they were nice and engaging.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 12:22 AM
Congratulations to the Bison; hell of a game. You guys deserved to win. The game was everything I think we all truly expected or hoped for (unless you are some of the SHSU fans who I'm sure are disappointed JMU didn't get curbstomped).

Sorry it took me so long to get on line; life got in the way in a major way early in the 2nd quarter and I didn't get back home until nearly 11:30 tonight. I just finished watching the game.

I will say that - holy crap another wide open JMU receiver dropped a pass - what happened today did not surprise me very much. Our offense pissed away red zone opportunities all year but the defense covered up a lot of that stuff. I pretty much stopped commenting in some other forums about the offense because we kept getting told to shut up, we were wrong, the offense was fine, yada, yada, yada. Well, that's what we did today and it added up to a 4-point loss.

Missed FG turned out to be huge given the way the rest of the game played out.

Stick made plays he needed to make and the NDSU defense was as advertised.

4 comments on the SLC officiating crew:

-- they blew the 1st play of the game with no review of the 'completion' that was incomplete; changed the field.
-- Jackson deserved the personal foul, but he got dove on by a defensive lineman away from the play
-- still trying to find the illegal block on the NDSU OL; he tried to block him, but I don't think he touched him
-- it was defensive PI on Moreland on the throw to Urzendowski (sp?)

We've had Vandevelde's crew twice this playoffs.

I was surprised we didn't respond after the roughing the punter penalty.

Raven Greene, in pass coverage, looked uncomfortable in coverage again as he did against Weber State. His indecision let the slot receiver score on the long TD.

The fake punt was probably NOT called from the bench. The O'Kelly kid can kick with both feet and can kick with his right while running to his left. He ran for a first down on a fake punt from inside the JMU 15 against Delaware.

Disppointed we lost, but can't fault the effort. Again, hell of a game.

Think it will be 2 years or more before we are back in the hunt; much depends on what the new QB is able to do and can the OL get better.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 12:39 AM
Unbelievable drop by Alls... Wow. That might be the game right there.

That's what I thought when that play rolled across my DVR'd game xeekx

BisonTru
January 7th, 2018, 12:43 AM
JMU dropped the ball .... like a lot. You guys shouldn't do that. xthumbsupx

Anyway the game proved the best two teams and easily the best two defenses were in Frisco.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 12:53 AM
GOOD GAME FOLKS BUT JMU IS STILL NATL CHAMPS BACK TO BACK SORRY NDSU. HOWS THAT 27 GAME WIN STREAK TASTE

HAVE FUN CLOWNING SOUTHERN UTAH POLYTECHNIC JUNIOR COLLEGE OR WHATEVER TEAMS YOU GUYS HAVE IN YOUR CANADIAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE WHILE WE GO UP TO FBS IN A COUPLE YRS AND START WINNING BOWL GAMES.

From a JMU fan -- quit your trolling and being generally a fool and specifically an a$$hat -- it stopped being cute before your 1st post.

Just stop. xthumbsdownx

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 12:57 AM
Punches were deserved? Classless fans and team. That guy threw punches 2 more times in the game. Trash.

I don't think the guy played again after that series; #55 was the right tackle every time I looked after that. From my post about an hour ago -- deserved the penalty, but a DL dove on him away from the play (and maybe a little after).

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 01:01 AM
They cant. They all use to that east coast eliteism where people give you @#!? Without working for it. Get butthirt when they don’t get it and blame it on someone else.

Who cares. at the end of the day the green and gold is hoisting the trophy. Let them take their consolation prize of what ifs home with them.

We're actually going to ask the guys in Huntsville where they order their Runner-Up t-shirts.

Congratulations to J. Briscoe on the Payton. Seems to be a really good kid. Wishing him luck in the spring draft.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 01:06 AM
This is the reason I have a problem with EMU. Last year at the national championship we dealt with a plethora of obnoxious and classless JMU fans.

I was sitting with the parents of your LT and quite a few other Penguin fans -- we had quite a nice time that day, no trash talk just sportsmanship. It's just a shame your AD screwed your fanbase and you guys had <3000 there.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 01:09 AM
If you pack it in, pack it out.

Leave no Trace camping -- my daughter is an expert at it. Apologizing from 1000 miles away for the behavior of some of our fans.

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2018, 01:20 AM
The official call was a backwards pass.
Not that it matters or anything, but...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/0c9e62f1e7bf1a74ec4cb52b252a2ba3.jpg

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 01:37 AM
I unfortunately do not currenly have the vocabulary to exactly express my thoughts about that fake punt. I can only say that Coach Houston has some balls to make that call. It almost worked, great call, great game.

Houston probably called the Rugby left (our punter can punt with both feet and with his right while moving to his left -- actually saw him run left, kick with his right foot to the right side of the field once this year.

O'Kelly has the go-ahead from the coaching staff to take off if he see's it open. When the NDSU DL flowed to their left, O'Kelly had the lane and he took it.

Formation called by Houston, P made the decision (right one this time) to run it. He ran from inside our 15 against Delaware earlier this season.

One heck of a game to watch. Just sorry I had to watch the DVR version...

TennBison
January 7th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Not that it matters or anything, but...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/0c9e62f1e7bf1a74ec4cb52b252a2ba3.jpg
Just because the QB is at the 19 in that pic does not mean he wasn't at the 20 1/2 or 21-22 when he threw it, it would be called momentum. Besides, even the JMU coach did nothing to complain about it and JMU went right up to the line quickly and snapped the next play.

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Just because the QB is at the 19 in that pic does not mean he wasn't at the 20 1/2 or 21-22 when he threw it, it would be called momentum. Besides, even the JMU coach did nothing to complain about it and JMU went right up to the line quickly and snapped the next play.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/308d45a6f2f3ab42e4b230ee9f6b6b26.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/837308895e5b2c2e4d9304bee8fca3d6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/e6ad5519f8d9de5f04aba8a2f10ea064.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/e4623c6e4bdd911602dc37e817f1ffb7.jpg

BisonBacker
January 7th, 2018, 07:15 AM
JMU's speed on D took alot of sideline-to-sideline stuff away. NDSU had their best success going north and south under center.

I also think Klieman was content on protecting the ball and didn't wanna turn it into a turnover festival. They picked their spots.

This is just not true. Bruce had plenty of success running to the right. As a matter of fact his best run was to the right which at the time was the short side of the field with NDSU pulling a guard. Also NDSU or more accurately Messingham basically took our tight ends out of the game. I specifically remember one first down throwing to Connor and maybe one other pass to a tight end and that was it. JMU was playing for the run and were ripe for being picked apart in the passing game. The 50 yard touchdown pass was a perfect example of this. I'll take the win for sure but between conservative playcalling and horse**** special teams that game ended up much closer than it should have been. Credit to JMU they do have one hell of a defense.

TennBison
January 7th, 2018, 07:15 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/e6ad5519f8d9de5f04aba8a2f10ea064.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/e4623c6e4bdd911602dc37e817f1ffb7.jpg I do strand corrected, sure looks like a forward pass.

Professor Chaos
January 7th, 2018, 07:27 AM
My oh my what a game! Both teams left some plays on the field, specifically JMU with their bevy of drops and NDSU with awful special teams (bad punting/coverage, giving up the fake punt, and kicking a FG straight into the rush). But I'm super proud of this Bison team for avenging last season's loss and getting back on top. Even though his numbers weren't great (no one's were really) it was nice to see Stick recognized as the MOP after he won 8 straight games in 2015 to get the Bison into the title game and then stepped aside without reservation to give Carson Wentz his starting spot back.

As for JMU it was awesome mixing it up with all you guys down in Frisco this weekend. Just good passionate fans who were classy in defeat (at least the vast majority were). You guys have a hell of a football team and coaching staff and I don't think you're going away anytime soon. I foresee a rubber match between these two teams next year.... maybe back in Frisco.

After yesterday's epicness all I can say is, in the words of Clark Griswold "Hallelujah! Holy ****!!! Where's the Tylenol?"

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2018, 07:35 AM
I think both JMU and the Bison will be shut down on Offense to a large degree in this game..... probably be an ugly game unless you like Defense, and I do!

got that one right!

Congrats to the Bison for a gutzy win

This game really hammered home what many have been saying, the FCS regular season and the Playoffs were just a charade leading up to this game....

Hammerhead
January 7th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Maybe I have green-colored glasses, but it looked like the Bison player just tripped over someone trying to follow the action. It's hard to tell from ESPN's cameras, but it looked like Jackson threw a punch to the groin and then continued punching/throwing forearms after that.

-- they blew the 1st play of the game with no review of the 'completion' that was incomplete; changed the field.
-- Jackson deserved the personal foul, but he got dove on by a defensive lineman away from the play
-- still trying to find the illegal block on the NDSU OL; he tried to block him, but I don't think he touched him
-- it was defensive PI on Moreland on the throw to Urzendowski (sp?)

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Good Game Dukes!

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Picture from Dallas newspaper on the Stapleton fumble.

https://sportsdaydfw.imgix.net/1515296355-NS_06FCStitle27_60494392_125538.JPG?q=50&auto=format&w=1000

thebootfitter
January 7th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Picture from Dallas newspaper on the Stapleton fumble.

https://sportsdaydfw.imgix.net/1515296355-NS_06FCStitle27_60494392_125538.JPG?q=50&auto=format&w=1000Again, that could have gone either way. That photo, though, does make it look like the defender has already made the ball carrier lose possession. The defender's arm is between the ball carrier's arm and the ball.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DEX
January 7th, 2018, 11:33 AM
I thought it was a bad call but JMU had other opportunities. Congrats NDSU on another national championship!

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Maybe I have green-colored glasses, but it looked like the Bison player just tripped over someone trying to follow the action. It's hard to tell from ESPN's cameras, but it looked like Jackson threw a punch to the groin and then continued punching/throwing forearms after that.

He was certainly clawing his way up the the guys head - easily could have been an ejection. The defender did trip, but I thought there was a bit of an extra dive at the OL. Credit to Mike Houston, that kid didn't play another snap the rest of the day.

As to the cameras - ESPN doesn't put enough cameras on this game. Not nearly enough angles for replays or play reviews.

TheKingpin28
January 7th, 2018, 12:51 PM
He was certainly clawing his way up the the guys head - easily could have been an ejection. The defender did trip, but I thought there was a bit of an extra dive at the OL. Credit to Mike Houston, that kid didn't play another snap the rest of the day.

As to the cameras - ESPN doesn't put enough cameras on this game. Not nearly enough angles for replays or play reviews.

Well they had to get extra camera men at the intersection 6 blocks away from the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, to interview the guy wearing the trenchcoat and going to work, while asking him what he thinks about Nick Saban and his quote about the "length of the the break between their last game and the CFBPlayoff". Didn't you know that is more important that producing quality work for the TRUE D1 Championship?

centennial
January 7th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Not for or against either team--both great teams--but I must say, there is something suspect about NDSU. No team is THIS good unless you have a genius for a coach or you're doing something under the table. Not even Alabama was this good under the Bear. Georgia Southern won 6 titles over 14 years. App State won 3 in a row. But the Bison have won 6 in 7 yrs, 5 in a row. On two occasions, their seniors won more titles than games lost in their 4 yrs. North Dakota is a wonderful state with beautiful people. But seriously, something is starting to stink in Fargo.

Now of course I could be wrong, but think about that for a few minutes. Btw, congrats.

Found this little gem on Facebook. Lmao.

TennBison
January 7th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Found this little gem on Facebook. Lmao.
Are you sure that isn't your own quote and you are trying to pass it off as someone else's in order to stir up controversy?

Panther88
January 7th, 2018, 01:44 PM
I want NDSU to bring PVAMU back to their home place & put a foot through our ass so that the collectively dumb alumni base finally comprehends that we need to recruit superior student-athletes, who are local, instead of the settling bullcrap they’ve accustomed themselves into forever excusing. :D

Please, have your AD call our people to schedule a future ass kicking. Please. And show no mercy this time; bust the clock.

Bison56
January 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM

Maybe it was just me, but it didn't seem like they showed many replays at all. Pissed me off a little.

BisonBacker
January 7th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Are you sure that isn't your own quote and you are trying to pass it off as someone else's in order to stir up controversy?

I've seen plenty over on their board along with more online. No need to look for asshattery on either side both have their share of folks who make stupid comments online. It will subside for the most part as a lot of this stuff that was posted yesterday and in the days following the game will still be some emotions talking. If after a few weeks it continues those will be the ass hats who the rest will look at and just shake their heads. More stories will also come out from both sides fans who were in Frisco as they start to decompress after getting home. Some will be nice stories and others well not so nice. Just be prepared.

centennial
January 7th, 2018, 02:07 PM
I want NDSU to bring PVAMU back to their home place & put a foot through our ass so that the collectively dumb alumni base finally comprehends that we need to recruit superior student-athletes, who are local, instead of the settling bullcrap they’ve accustomed themselves into forever excusing. :D

Please, have your AD call our people to schedule a future ass kicking. Please. And show no mercy this time; bust the clock.

I mean NDSU can basically name the score vs PVAM. However, coach Klieman doesn't run up the score. So it's just not going to happen.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Well they had to get extra camera men at the intersection 6 blocks away from the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, to interview the guy wearing the trenchcoat and going to work, while asking him what he thinks about Nick Saban and his quote about the "length of the the break between their last game and the CFBPlayoff". Didn't you know that is more important that producing quality work for the TRUE D1 Championship?

^^^^this

Few if any ads for the game the week leading up to it and minimal effort to produce a top-flight product. A liitle bit of progress with the 15 minutes of an FCS-centric preview show, though I could get by with a bit less of Jay Walker's inanity. Where's Anish Shroff and Ahmad Brooks when you need them?

IBleedYellow
January 7th, 2018, 04:23 PM
^^^^this

Few if any ads for the game the week leading up to it and minimal effort to produce a top-flight product. A liitle bit of progress with the 15 minutes of an FCS-centric preview show, though I could get by with a bit less of Jay Walker's inanity. Where's Anish Shroff and Ahmad Brooks when you need them?

Ahmad was at the game as a fan. Not kidding.

He also was on the NDSU pre-game show.

TheKingpin28
January 7th, 2018, 04:41 PM

He also was on the NDSU pre-game show.Iirc they both wanted to call the game but the powers that be had them elsewhere leading up to the game but I did hear about Ahmad being at the game. I would actually love it if they could scrap Lee and Brian and give us Ahmad and Anish on a permanent basis. Anish's excitement is worth it and Ahmad actually knows what he is talking about.

I wonder how much their contract is for ESPN but I know Anish loves lacrosse, something we do not have.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Panther88
January 7th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I mean NDSU can basically name the score vs PVAM. However, coach Klieman doesn't run up the score. So it's just not going to happen.

The last great sportsmanship score wasn’t good enough. 90+ points would hasten what we need. :D

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 06:24 PM

He also was on the NDSU pre-game show.

Good get for the NDSU crew; watched their postgame and really liked it.

Glad Brooks was there; shame he wasn't in Walker's chair.

IBleedYellow
January 7th, 2018, 07:25 PM
I actually got to meet Ahmad and his girlfriend during halftime. Thanked him profusely for the coverage and knowledge that him and Anish bring to the FCS games they call.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
January 8th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Looking at the poll results they are about as close as the game was. Good job AGSers. xsalutex

POD Knows
January 8th, 2018, 07:23 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/e6ad5519f8d9de5f04aba8a2f10ea064.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/e4623c6e4bdd911602dc37e817f1ffb7.jpgThere was no way that was a backward pass or lateral, they missed the call on that one.

kdinva
January 8th, 2018, 07:59 AM
There was no way that was a backward pass or lateral, they missed the call on that one.

I didn't know Jeff Triplette was the ref...... xdrunkyx

Thunderstruck
January 8th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Most of the fans from JMU I met standing along the rail in the endzone above the stage were great. Of course, there were a few not so great, but other JMU fans hushed them up quickly.

I thought both teams played a "feel them out" game. Officiating crew was very suspect on both sides of the ball, they didn't want to make a call that could have a big impact on the game. Players realized they were not going to call the pulling, tugging, hand fighting on the outside and used that. JMU's DBs jumped almost every route, which burned them on the 50 yard TD. Stapleton is a very good WR.

Anybody have a video of Tanguay's int? More specifically the punches thrown. From our angle looked like #60 blocked into the ground but we couldn't tell if the Bison player was shoved in the back to the ground and landed on #60. That should've been reviewed. #60 ejected and if Bison player was not blocked into him, should've been ejected.

Derby City Duke
January 8th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Most of the fans from JMU I met standing along the rail in the endzone above the stage were great. Of course, there were a few not so great, but other JMU fans hushed them up quickly.

I thought both teams played a "feel them out" game. Officiating crew was very suspect on both sides of the ball, they didn't want to make a call that could have a big impact on the game. Players realized they were not going to call the pulling, tugging, hand fighting on the outside and used that. JMU's DBs jumped almost every route, which burned them on the 50 yard TD. Stapleton is a very good WR.

Anybody have a video of Tanguay's int? More specifically the punches thrown. From our angle looked like #60 blocked into the ground but we couldn't tell if the Bison player was shoved in the back to the ground and landed on #60. That should've been reviewed. #60 ejected and if Bison player was not blocked into him, should've been ejected.

Tanguay made a excellent play on a fluky type bounce -- 99 out of 100 times, given the way the QB got hit, that ball goes straight down into the turf. Heck, if the ball hits 4" lower it hits the bottom of his kneecap and hits the turf. It hit him just right and he was able to corral it.

As to the Jackson scrum, the NDSU DL was tripped, but after watching it about 25 times, it looks like he got a little triple jump action (hop, skip and jump) to land square on Jackson. He was already pissed about getting beat like a drum by the DE, think that just pushed him over the edge. There were not enough camera angles or close-ups on ESPN to see what really happened, but Jackson was definitely trying to get at the DL with his forearms.

Coach Houston benched him for the rest of the game. #55 played RT from there on out.

cx500d
January 8th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Tanguay made a excellent play on a fluky type bounce -- 99 out of 100 times, given the way the QB got hit, that ball goes straight down into the turf. Heck, if the ball hits 4" lower it hits the bottom of his kneecap and hits the turf. It hit him just right and he was able to corral it.

As to the Jackson scrum, the NDSU DL was tripped, but after watching it about 25 times, it looks like he got a little triple jump action (hop, skip and jump) to land square on Jackson. He was already pissed about getting beat like a drum by the DE, think that just pushed him over the edge. There were not enough camera angles or close-ups on ESPN to see what really happened, but Jackson was definitely trying to get at the DL with his forearms.

Coach Houston benched him for the rest of the game. #55 played RT from there on out.

Much respect for Coach Houston....

Bisonator
January 8th, 2018, 05:18 PM

I downloaded the game off youtube and rewatched it last night. Blake Williams shoved #60 to the ground, then tripped over another Bison player and landed on #60, he landed kind of funny with his legs in the air and couldn't get off him right away. #60 got pissed and hammered Blake in his groin and then rolled on top of him and kept punching. The umpire was right there and he was the one who thru the flag and stopped it. He definitely should have tossed #60 but kudo's to Houston for sitting him the rest of the game anyway.

Bison56
January 8th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Much respect for Coach Houston....
He seems to be a good guy who doesn't put winning in front of what's right. We need more of that in this crazy world.

mcveyrl
January 8th, 2018, 06:56 PM
He seems to be a good guy who doesn't put winning in front of what's right. We need more of that in this crazy world.

It will be a sad day when he moves on. We have been extremely lucky to have him.

Derby City Duke
January 9th, 2018, 08:38 AM

What many people don't know / remember is that the previous HC (Mr. Texas State Bobcat Everett 'Bringing the Juice' Withers) kicked Jimmy Moreland and 2 others off the team summer of '15 (a misdemeanor arrest IIRC). Moreland was the only one of the 3 to stay in school -- he paid his own way through the rest of the summer and fall of '15. Coach Houston interviewed him after his hire and offered him the opportunity to try out as a walk-on. My initial thoughts were good, give the kid another chance -- while my cynical side said, 'yeah right' -- especially given Moreland's drive to stay in school on his own dime and NOT go back to Florida. Coach Houston has done enough things the right way in his 2 years a JMU to confirm he brought the kid back for the right reasons.