Oct. 5 *SOUTHERN ILLINOIS [Hobo Day]
Oct. 12 *at Western Illinois
Oct. 19 *at Missouri State
Oct. 26 *NORTHERN IOWA
Nov. 2 Open
Nov. 9 *INDIANA STATE
Nov. 16 *at South Dakota
Nov. 23 *at Youngstown State

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/cfb-jackrabbits-complete-2013-slate/?id=145222

I'll take it. Not going to be fun playing Nebraska and NDSU back-to-back, but bring em on!! Thank you to the Administration for getting a 6th FCS home game...I admit, I had no faith in that happening.

Go Jacks!!

frozennorth
March 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM
i don't like ndsu/sdsu being so early in the year, that should be a season finale type game

NoDak 4 Ever
March 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
i don't like ndsu/sdsu being so early in the year, that should be a season finale type game

Why? so they can just turn around and play again when the committee ****s them again?

frozennorth
March 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Why? so they can just turn around and play again when the committee ****s them again?

i'm working on the general principle that they shouldn't be arranging the playoffs based solely on geography. Ideally sdsu and ndsu play, then go play other teams and meet in the quarters or semis

NoDak 4 Ever
March 14th, 2013, 05:10 PM
i'm working on the general principle that they shouldn't be arranging the playoffs based solely on geography. Ideally sdsu and ndsu play, then go play other teams and meet in the quarters or semis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-p51fvYLc

MplsBison
March 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
SFU is still open that date and I know they have a game scheduled, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch in Fargo.

Yeah but at what friggin' cost?? 300k? Bulls__t.

MplsBison
March 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM
If there is one think I have learned, Gene Taylor is a great AD. I have faith still.

MVFC is a damn meat grinder. Regular season home games are too important to the athletic department.

IMO, winning games against low FCS competition should count the same as playing a DII anyway: doesn't count towards the playoffs. Beating a low NEC, MEAC or SWAC team 55-7 shouldn't count towards the playoffs anymore than beating St. Cloud St or Mankato St by the same score.

And that would take care of these bulls__t 250k guarantees that we have to pay these little schools out east or down south to come to Fargo.

Win the damn MVFC or get second, make the playoffs. Don't do that: you weren't good enough that year. That should be what counts.

/rant

downbythebeach
March 14th, 2013, 08:23 PM
That's your charitable donation for the year........
you can write that off on your taxesxnodx

kdinva
March 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Albany, S C State, South Dakota:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4576495

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4576231

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4576166

Lehigh Football Nation
March 15th, 2013, 09:39 AM
SC State:

Sept. 21, at Benedict (Columbia, S.C.)

Oof.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM

Ideally I agree, but N4E is right - too likely they'll just have to turn around and play each other in the playoffs.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
2013 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Aug. 31 BUTLER (Ind.)
Sept. 7 at North Dakota
Sept. 14 SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
Sept. 21 at Nebraska
Sept. 28 *NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Oct. 26 *NORTHERN IOWA
Nov. 2 Open
Nov. 9 *INDIANA STATE
Nov. 16 *at South Dakota

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/cfb-jackrabbits-complete-2013-slate/?id=145222

I'll take it. Not going to be fun playing Nebraska and NDSU back-to-back, but bring em on!! Thank you to the Administration for getting a 6th FCS home game...I admit, I had no faith in that happening.

Go Jacks!!

Playing Butler is no better than playing SW MN St, frankly. Yet it somehow counts in the playoff committee's eyes as a "DI win". Hogwash.

darell1976
March 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
2013 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Aug. 31 BUTLER (Ind.)
Sept. 7 at North Dakota
Sept. 14 SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
Sept. 21 at Nebraska
Sept. 28 *NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Oct. 26 *NORTHERN IOWA
Nov. 2 Open
Nov. 9 *INDIANA STATE
Nov. 16 *at South Dakota

Go Jacks!!

First time since 2003 SDSU will play the other 3 Dakota teams in one season. I can't wait until Sept. 7th!!!

nwFL Griz
March 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
SC State:

Sept. 21, at Benedict (Columbia, S.C.)

Oof.

Uh, no. It is played at Williams-Brice and is a Classic game. Palmetto Capital City Classic.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Uh, no. It is played at Williams-Brice and is a Classic game. Palmetto Capital City Classic.

Technically it is a "Classic" but I call it an away game for SC St. in my schedule because Benedict plays in Columbia, SC and last year's "Palmetto City Classic" was listed by the school as a home game for Benedict. I don't know if it's only my own invention or not, but I only call "classics" such when they're neutral-ground games.

I have this issue every year with PVAM, too. They have claimed some Classic in Reliant Stadium in years past but they play other home games there. I don't call that a Classic, I call that a PVAM home game.

nwFL Griz
March 15th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Technically it is a "Classic" but I call it an away game for SC St. in my schedule because Benedict plays in Columbia, SC and last year's "Palmetto City Classic" was listed by the school as a home game for Benedict. I don't know if it's only my own invention or not, but I only call "classics" such when they're neutral-ground games.

I have this issue every year with PVAM, too. They have claimed some Classic in Reliant Stadium in years past but they play other home games there. I don't call that a Classic, I call that a PVAM home game.

Well they may play in Columbia, but Benedict certainly does not play in Williams-Brice. Last years Palmetto City was a home game for Benedict, because it was played in their stadium, Charlie W. Johnson Stadium.

PV plays home games in Reliant? I don't think so. A quick schedule check shows me that PVAMU has played in Reliant only a few times. All for the Labor Day Classic against Tex Southern. Anyhow, how far away from a teams home stadium does a game need to be, to be considered neutral?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Well they may play in Columbia, but Benedict certainly does not play in Williams-Brice. Last years Palmetto City was a home game for Benedict, because it was played in their stadium, Charlie W. Johnson Stadium.

PV plays home games in Reliant? I don't think so. A quick schedule check shows me that PVAMU has played in Reliant only a few times. All for the Labor Day Classic against Tex Southern. Anyhow, how far away from a teams home stadium does a game need to be, to be considered neutral?

That's a great question. Incidentally, I goofed calling it PVAM's home game. I've had a lot of problems calling the Labor Day Classic a neutral game for either PVAM or Texas Southern. It's played in Houston, at Reliant Stadium in Houston. Texas Southern plays their other home games in BBVA Compass Park in Houston. Theoretically it's a "home" game for Texas Southern, but Prairie View is also in the Houston metropolitan area, so it's not like their fan bases are far away. This year I called it "neutral" but in years past I called it a Texas Southern home game I believe.

In basketball it's even more muddled, too. For example, UConn plays home games at Gampel Pavillion on campus but plays a lot of games 45 minutes south in the Hartford Civic Center. Is that "neutral"? I wouldn't call it that.

So for the Palmetto Classic, what to do? Orangeburg is 1 hour away from Columbia. Columbia, SC is Benedict's home. It's in a neutral stadium.

nwFL Griz
March 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
That's a great question. Incidentally, I goofed calling it PVAM's home game. I've had a lot of problems calling the Labor Day Classic a neutral game for either PVAM or Texas Southern. It's played in Houston, at Reliant Stadium in Houston. Texas Southern plays their other home games in BBVA Compass Park in Houston. Theoretically it's a "home" game for Texas Southern, but Prairie View is also in the Houston metropolitan area, so it's not like their fan bases are far away. This year I called it "neutral" but in years past I called it a Texas Southern home game I believe.

In basketball it's even more muddled, too. For example, UConn plays home games at Gampel Pavillion on campus but plays a lot of games 45 minutes south in the Hartford Civic Center. Is that "neutral"? I wouldn't call it that.

So for the Palmetto Classic, what to do? Orangeburg is 1 hour away from Columbia. Columbia, SC is Benedict's home. It's in a neutral stadium.

I would think if a team plays any other games at a given site, it can no longer be considered neutral. Much like Arkansas plays about half their home games in Little Rock. I would say, that there really isn't a hard-fast rule. It depends on the stadium and the teams playing. In this case, I would call it neutral. But Texas Southern playing any game in BBVA would not be.

bjtheflamesfan
March 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
According to what I can see, there are three current schools in the Big South that have not officially announced their schedules for 2013: Coastal Carolina, VMI and Liberty. Of the three, CCU and VMI have their schedules pretty much set based on the release of all the other schools. Ive been trying to research possible D2 opponents because there are three openings left on the schedule and there hasnt been much movement on the rumor of NDSU and Liberty playing each other (any NDSU posters that can put that one to bed either yea or nay?)

NoDak 4 Ever
March 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
According to what I can see, there are three current schools in the Big South that have not officially announced their schedules for 2013: Coastal Carolina, VMI and Liberty. Of the three, CCU and VMI have their schedules pretty much set based on the release of all the other schools. Ive been trying to research possible D2 opponents because there are three openings left on the schedule and there hasnt been much movement on the rumor of NDSU and Liberty playing each other (any NDSU posters that can put that one to bed either yea or nay?)

I have no doubt the deal would be sealed if Liberty came to Fargo this year. I'll bet that is the sticking point.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Assuming the Montana deal does not fall through (wouldn't hold my breath) - NDSU can't travel to Liberty in either of the next two seasons and still maintain 6 home games. And given the goal of playing a BCS team every year, there really isn't ever a year that NDSU can travel to a FCS team non-conference.

So is Liberty willing to accept a guarantee game? I'm guessing no full-scholarship FCS teams that consider themselves legit playoff contenders would agree to that and would demand a home-and-home.

NDSU needs 6 regular season home games every season. 7 would be better but won't happen until they're FBS.

bjtheflamesfan
March 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Im sure of it. According to LFN's block matrix, Liberty has four home games for sure and 5 away. Im sure both would like to have 7 home games if only for the extra gate receipts it would bring in.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM
FWIW I think the home game thing possibly could be a sticking point between Lehigh and Stony Brook as well.

knucklehead
March 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM
We shall see. I think Liberty is full on what they want Away wise. Looking for more home right now.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
We shall see. I think Liberty is full on what they want Away wise. Looking for more home right now.

My guess is that we will see another Morgan State or Robert Morris if we get really desperate. Ultimately we would be better served with a Northern Colorado home and home because of the ease of travel to Greeley.

knucklehead
March 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Makes sense. I'm not sure what LU has up there sleeves, but they are working on something. I think we will have at least 1 D2 at home. Maybe 2? who knows.

nwFL Griz
March 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
You Liberty guys, here's something I've been working on. I've compiled a list of teams that have either announced 11 game schedules or have known conference schedules, and have at least 6 home games scheduled. From that list, it looks like here are your options for home games:

9/14: Drake, Stetson
9/28: Wofford, MVSU

That's it, unless u can shuffle some other games, for instance get Presby and UNCC to move their game to 9/21. That would open UNCC for 9/28.

There is obviously alot more available if you want a road game.

knucklehead
March 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Gettin slim indeed. Thanks for the leg work. Any of those options would be nice.

tourguide
March 15th, 2013, 05:14 PM

NDSU Liberty is random speculation. The only things that make sense is the small Turner Gill connection and the fact that Liberty has the 14th available.
But if NDSU is in the position of having to travel for the front of a home and home my pick is SEMO. NDSU actually recruits in Missouri and it is an easier trip for traveling NDSU fans to attend

MplsBison
March 16th, 2013, 12:22 AM
NDSU Liberty is random speculation. The only things that make sense is the small Turner Gill connection and the fact that Liberty has the 14th available.
But if NDSU is in the position of having to travel for the front of a home and home my pick is SEMO. NDSU actually recruits in Missouri and it is an easier trip for traveling NDSU fans to attend

NDSU recruits Kansas City...lightly. SEMO is no where near there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 16th, 2013, 11:16 AM
FWIW I think the home game thing possibly could be a sticking point between Lehigh and Stony Brook as well.

I highly doubt Lehigh wants 7 road games next year. If they added a 12th game it has to be at home imo.

hebmskebm
March 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Bryant to play DII Assumption on 9/7
http://www.assumptiongreyhounds.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

As suspected, the NEC must have backed off their "No Sub-DI games" rule given the league's circumstances have changed dramatically since the end of last season. Gotta find ways to fill out a schedule any way you can.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Bryant to play DII Assumption on 9/7
http://www.assumptiongreyhounds.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

As suspected, the NEC must have backed off their "No Sub-DI games" rule given the league's circumstances have changed dramatically since the end of last season. Gotta find ways to fill out a schedule any way you can.

Bring em to Fargo. Rocky knows how to get there.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Bring em to Fargo. Rocky knows how to get there.

Nuts, just realized the 7th was their open date. oh well, cross another one off the list.

kdinva
March 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Coastal Carolina:

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/coas-m-footbl-sched.html

Libertine
March 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Coastal Carolina:

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/coas-m-footbl-sched.html

Someone at Coastal needs to have a convo with Chuck South. CSU has their game on the 9th and Coastal has it on the 16th

http://csusports.com/schedule.asp?sportID=6

nwFL Griz
March 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Someone at Coastal needs to have a convo with Chuck South. CSU has their game on the 9th and Coastal has it on the 16th

http://csusports.com/schedule.asp?sportID=6

Not only that, but the CSU release jives with the Presby and GWU releases. The CCU one does not.

EDIT: CCU has fixed their release. It now shows the CSU game on the 9th.

Tealblood
March 18th, 2013, 07:19 PM
We moved CSUCKS to allow for our game with USC-Columbia

bjtheflamesfan
March 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Rumor is Liberty will play Morgan State (in Lynchburg Im guessing). Will keep an eye out for the official announcement and date

DFW HOYA
March 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Georgetown has two open dates. Given that the Hoyas aren't agressive in scheduling, any thoughts? Marist and someone else...

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Georgetown has two open dates. Given that the Hoyas aren't agressive in scheduling, any thoughts? Marist and someone else...

Come to Fargo.

aceinthehole
March 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM

Sacred Heart :)

BEAR
March 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Looking at Sams schedule: Nice 4 home games then 3 home games. Tailgating is gonna be ridiculous! xbowx After being the road warriors of the past two years, the Kats deserve it!

SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY 2013 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

September 7 - Saturday - TBA - at Texas A&M
September 14 - Saturday - 6 p.m. - Texas Southern
September 21 - Saturday - 6 p.m. - Incarnate Word
September 28 - Saturday - 3 p.m. - Eastern Washington
October 12 - Saturday - 2 p.m. - Lamar
October 19 - Saturday - TBA - at McNeese State
October 26 - Saturday - 2 p.m. - Northwestern State
November 2 - Saturday - 3 p.m. - Stephen F. Austin - Reliant Stadium
November 9 - Saturday - 2 p.m. - Nicholls State
November 16 - Saturday - TBA - at Southeastern Louisiana
November 23 - Saturday - TBA - at Central Arkansas

OldKat95
March 19th, 2013, 01:20 PM
We just have to get a twelfth game scheduled on Aug 31, preferably against a solid FCS school.

DFW HOYA
March 19th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Sacred Heart :)

Before you know it, Georgetown could get Marist and Davidson home and away each season to fill up the slate.

MplsBison
March 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Looking at Sams schedule: Nice 4 home games then 3 home games. Tailgating is gonna be ridiculous! xbowx After being the road warriors of the past two years, the Kats deserve it!

SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY 2013 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

September 7 - Saturday - TBA - at Texas A&M
September 14 - Saturday - 6 p.m. - Texas Southern
September 21 - Saturday - 6 p.m. - Incarnate Word
September 28 - Saturday - 3 p.m. - Eastern Washington
October 12 - Saturday - 2 p.m. - Lamar
October 19 - Saturday - TBA - at McNeese State
October 26 - Saturday - 2 p.m. - Northwestern State
November 2 - Saturday - 3 p.m. - Stephen F. Austin - Reliant Stadium
November 9 - Saturday - 2 p.m. - Nicholls State
November 16 - Saturday - TBA - at Southeastern Louisiana
November 23 - Saturday - TBA - at Central Arkansas

Six games in Huntsville, two easy trips to College Station and Houston, a medium trip to Lake Charles and two longer trips to Hammond and Conway....max road time 7 hours. Not bad!

bjtheflamesfan
March 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Rumor is Liberty will play Morgan State (in Lynchburg Im guessing). Will keep an eye out for the official announcement and date

Any Morgan State fans or MEAC fans in general hear any rumblings about Morgan State's schedule?

DSUrocks07
March 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
DSU dropping the ball yet again.

http://www.dsuhornets.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=82272&SPID=5798&DB_OEM_ID=12900&Q_SEASON=2013

Sat, Sep 07 Delaware Newark, Del. TBA
Sat, Sep 14 Towson Towson, Md. TBA
Sat, Sep 21 North Dakota State Fargo, N.D. TBA
Sat, Sep 28 Savannah State * Savannah State TBA
Sat, Oct 05 BETHUNE-COOKMAN * Dover, Del. TBA
Sat, Oct 12 NORFOLK STATE * Dover, Del. TBA Homecoming
Sat, Oct 19 North Carolina A&T * Greensboro, N.C. TBA
Sat, Oct 26 Hampton * Hampton, Va. TBA
Sat, Nov 02 HOWARD * Dover, Del. TBA Hall-of-Fame Day
Sat, Nov 16 Florida A&M * Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
Sat, Nov 23 MORGAN STATE * Dover, Del. TBA

No official announcement, just like "oh you want to know the schedule? here you go bro!". xnutsx

It's already being used as reference in the local media. But I'm sure just like last year, we won't get an "official schedule" until sometime in May.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 20th, 2013, 11:30 AM
A Delaware State opening on 8/31. Interesting.

Lehigh (well, many of their fans anyway) are looking for a home game on 8/31. Interesting.

DSUrocks07
March 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
A Delaware State opening on 8/31. Interesting.

Lehigh (well, many of their fans anyway) are looking for a home game on 8/31. Interesting.

I would prefer facing Lehigh on the road than a home game or otherwise versus St. Francis (which has been rumored).

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that if that were the case, even though our first FOUR games would all be on the road, THREE of them would be within driving distance (Bethlehem PA, Newark DE, Towson MD). And all three guarantees would be more than the draw of an August home game against anybody that DSU could get for a home game.

bjtheflamesfan
March 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Liberty would probably get you guys a pretty nice gate DSUrocks (something to think about for 2014)

BEAR
March 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM
We just have to get a twelfth game scheduled on Aug 31, preferably against a solid FCS school.

So true. With the transitioning D2 teams on schedule, it makes good teams look like they play weak schedules. I think the cream will rise to the top anyway. Gotta win that conference to leave no doubts. With that many home games so close together, Sam should have a GREAT shot at it again. Tougher for the other teams though... But we'll see.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 20th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I would prefer facing Lehigh on the road than a home game or otherwise versus St. Francis (which has been rumored).

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that if that were the case, even though our first FOUR games would all be on the road, THREE of them would be within driving distance (Bethlehem PA, Newark DE, Towson MD). And all three guarantees would be more than the draw of an August home game against anybody that DSU could get for a home game.

You can technically drive to Fargo, not like there's an ocean in between or anything. xlolx

DSUrocks07
March 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
You can technically drive to Fargo, not like there's an ocean in between or anything. xlolx

Driving for 23 hours straight doesn't sound all that appealing xsmiley_wix

NoDak 4 Ever
March 20th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Driving for 23 hours straight doesn't sound all that appealing xsmiley_wix

I basically did that on the way back from Texas last year. Made the plane ticket this year much more affordable. :D

DSUrocks07
March 20th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I basically did that on the way back from Texas last year. Made the plane ticket this year much more affordable. :D

Will we get a trophy to bring back with us if we win? Then the drive will be worth it ;)

kdinva
March 20th, 2013, 02:51 PM
now official........

http://www.vmikeydets.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=43759&SPID=3895&DB_OEM_ID=9800&Q_SEASON=2013

The "semi-official", "updated" VMI schedule:

8-31 at Richmond
9-7 Glenville State
9-14 North Greenville
9-21 at Virginia
9-28 Robert Morris
10-12 Charleston Southern*
10-19 at Presbyterian*
10-26 at Coastal Carolina*
11-2 at Liberty*
11-9 Gardner Webb*
11-16 at Citadel
11-23 Bucknell

DSUrocks07
March 20th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Any Morgan State fans or MEAC fans in general hear any rumblings about Morgan State's schedule?

According to one of the posters on MFZ, their schedule is shaping up like this:

8/31 -- @ Army
9/21 - @ Western Kentucky
9/28 – NSU
10/5 -- FAMU
10/19 -- @ NCCU
11/2 -- Hampton
11/9 – A&T
11/16 – @ SCSU
11/23 - @ Delaware State

So right now 9/7 and 9/14 are still open.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 20th, 2013, 03:14 PM
According to one of the posters on MFZ, their schedule is shaping up like this:

8/31 -- @ Army
9/21 - @ Western Kentucky
9/28 – NSU
10/5 -- FAMU
10/19 -- @ NCCU
11/2 -- Hampton
11/9 – A&T
11/16 – @ SCSU
11/23 - @ Delaware State

So right now 9/7 and 9/14 are still open.

That jibes with what I have.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/conf-scheds-2013/meac-sched-2013

8/31 at Army TBD
OPEN
OPEN
9/21 at Western Kentucky TBD
9/28 Norfolk State * TBD
10/5 Florida A&M * TBD
OPEN
10/19 at North Carolina Central * 2:00 PM
10/26 at Howard * 1:00 PM
11/2 Hampton * TBD
11/9 North Carolina A&T * TBD
11/16 at South Carolina State * TBD
11/23 at Delaware State * TBD

bjtheflamesfan
March 21st, 2013, 11:05 AM
Ok. If the rumors have any weight, the Bears would be coming to Lynchburg either 09/14 or for 10/12, which could be our homecoming game (waiting for the official word on what the date for that is).

DSUrocks07
March 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Ok. If the rumors have any weight, the Bears would be coming to Lynchburg either 09/14 or for 10/12, which could be our homecoming game (waiting for the official word on what the date for that is).

Yeah its the 14th.

http://morganstatebears.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=142

knucklehead
March 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
So now Liberty just needs 1 more game. Hope it's home. I wonder who it is.

This is what I've gathered.

08/29 - @ Kent State
09/07 - Monmouth
09/14 - Morgan St
09/21 - @ Richmond
09/28 - ?
10/05 - @ ODU
10/12 - ?
10/19 - Coastal Carolina
10/26 - @ Gardner-Webb
11/02 - VMI
11/09 - Presbyterian
11/16 - Brevard
11/23 - @ Charleston Southern

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2013, 02:21 PM
So now Liberty just needs 1 more game. Hope it's home. I wonder who it is.

This is what I've gathered.

08/29 - @ Kent State
09/07 - Monmouth
09/14 - Morgan St
09/21 - @ Richmond
09/28 - ?
10/05 - @ ODU
10/12 - ?
10/19 - Coastal Carolina
10/26 - @ Gardner-Webb
11/02 - VMI
11/09 - Presbyterian
11/16 - Brevard
11/23 - @ Charleston Southern

Have a link to the game vs. Brevard?

With 6 home games, you could get away without another home game, especially if it's another sub-D-I and the playoffs are on your mind.

For a Liberty home game, and interesting possibility might be Jacksonville, who has an open date on 10/12. However, the Dolphins only have four home games (!).

knucklehead
March 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
This is where I saw it. all the way down. Not official though I guess. I do believe the AD wants 7 home games. http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?55426-Brevard-2013-Schedule

bjtheflamesfan
March 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
Homecoming is going to be either the 12th or 19th (against CCU) he way Im seeing it. I know CCU has been our homecoming opponent before and every year since 2007 and seven of the last eight years we have had a conference game on homecoming weekend, but I wouldnt be shocked if we went a different direction with that for this season.

knucklehead
March 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hey BJ you need the new logo on the helmet in your avatar. lol

bjtheflamesfan
March 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM
lol...got the helmet from Helmet Project ( http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ ) so once they have it updated with the new logo, I will look into changing it

nwFL Griz
March 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM
lol...got the helmet from Helmet Project ( http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ ) so once they have it updated with the new logo, I will look into changing it

Don't hold your breath, Charles (the guy who runs it) seems to have taken a step back from the site. Still waiting on a bunch of changes from the beginning of last season.

BisonFan02
March 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM
Is this current?

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Liberty.gif

BisonFan02
March 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Don't hold your breath, Charles (the guy who runs it) seems to have taken a step back from the site. Still waiting on a bunch of changes from the beginning of last season.

Must have been on there within the last year...NDSU's updated helmet from last year is on there.

knucklehead
March 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Can't see it but looked at the URL, and NO. see my sig for new logo.

knucklehead
March 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM
This is the only pic of the new helmet look I've seen. 17621

nwFL Griz
March 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Must have been on there within the last year...NDSU's updated helmet from last year is on there.

Yeah he came on his forum near the end of the season and mentioned something about stepping back, but never gave details or anything. Some of last years changes he did, some he didn't.

bjtheflamesfan
March 22nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hopefully either he or someone else can help keep the site going and up to date.

As for scheduling matters, Liberty has one game left and it looks like the AD wants it to be a home game as knucklehead mentioned. As of now it looks like our D1 options are pretty limited

RowdyRedhawk
March 23rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Hopefully either he or someone else can help keep the site going and up to date.

As for scheduling matters, Liberty has one game left and it looks like the AD wants it to be a home game as knucklehead mentioned. As of now it looks like our D1 options are pretty limited

SEMO also needs one more game, with 7 home games already booked, im sure we wouldn't mind making the trip to Liberty either on 9/14 or on 11/2! just atought

NoDak 4 Ever
March 23rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
SEMO also needs one more game, with 7 home games already booked, im sure we wouldn't mind making the trip to Liberty either on 9/14 or on 11/2! just atought

I'll bet NDSU has a big check waiting if they're willing.

downbythebeach
March 23rd, 2013, 08:21 PM
September 21 Lincoln University (D2) @ Saint Francis

Crushed by Wofford last season

http://www.lulions.com/news/2013/3/20/FB_0320131258.aspx?path=football

hebmskebm
March 23rd, 2013, 11:51 PM
September 21 Lincoln University (D2) @ Saint Francis

Crushed by Wofford last season

http://www.lulions.com/news/2013/3/20/FB_0320131258.aspx?path=football

What this says is that going forward the NEC needs at least one new school reeeeeeal bad. OOC scheduling was tough enough with 9 teams; with 7 year in year out is gonna be brutal. See: the MAAC circa the early to mid 2000's.

bjtheflamesfan
March 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Liberty already has Morgan State on 09/14 and 11/2 is a conference game weekend (@VMI I believe) so I dont think that would work. Unless you have an opening 10/12 I dont think Liberty is going to pursue anything

BTW is NDSU so hardup for home games that if anyone posts an opening the first suggestion is they give the AD there a call?

blackbeard
March 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Looks like most of the NEC playing a D2 this season, SHU hosting Chowan on 9/21

http://www.gocuhawks.com/news/2013/3/2/GEN_0302133948.aspx

NoDak 4 Ever
March 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Liberty already has Morgan State on 09/14 and 11/2 is a conference game weekend (@VMI I believe) so I dont think that would work. Unless you have an opening 10/12 I dont think Liberty is going to pursue anything

BTW is NDSU so hardup for home games that if anyone posts an opening the first suggestion is they give the AD there a call?

Not hard up. In need. Most of the teams on the 9/7 or 9/14 list will likely get curbstomped by NDSU so it might take a bit more cash to get there, but they will get there.

RowdyRedhawk
March 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I'll bet NDSU has a big check waiting if they're willing.

that sounds great!

TTUEagles
March 24th, 2013, 04:30 PM
http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

TTU releases it's schedule. Best schedule for TTU I've seen, maybe ever!

BEAR
March 25th, 2013, 08:58 AM
http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

TTU releases it's schedule. Best schedule for TTU I've seen, maybe ever!

Congrats TTU! Wisconsin..nice! xnodx

nwFL Griz
March 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM

Still trying to figure out how SEMO has 7 homes games booked. We know that there are 4 conference games home, 4 away. SEMO is also scheduled to visit Ole Miss and SELA. That makes 6 away games. If you are still looking for a game, how could you have 7 home games?

bjtheflamesfan
March 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
At this point Liberty has one game left (10/12 or 9/28) and my guess is that if 10/12 is homecoming weekend, theyll want a winnable game to keep the alumni happy. Shawn, what are prospects looking like for 10/12?

Libertine
March 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Shawn, what are prospects looking like for 10/12?

Your prospects of getting a good seat that day are fantastic. A hot dog? Not so much.

knucklehead
March 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Your prospects of getting a good seat that day are fantastic. A hot dog? Not so much.

And that humor gets me yet again. and yes there should be plenty of room. I prefer the Chic-Fil-A Lib.

nwFL Griz
March 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM
At this point Liberty has one game left (10/12 or 9/28) and my guess is that if 10/12 is homecoming weekend, theyll want a winnable game to keep the alumni happy. Shawn, what are prospects looking like for 10/12?

Not good. Your only options on 10/12 are Incarnate Word or Jacksonville. Jacksonville has 6 road games already, but maybe if you pay enough, they will take a 7th.

BEAR
March 25th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Future football schedule announced for UCA:

Payouts to UCA for the upcoming FBS games are as follows:

2013: Colorado, $390,000

2014: Texas Tech, $425,000

2015: Oklahoma State, $375,000

2016: Auburn or Missouri $?

2017: Kansas State, $400,000

http://thecabin.net/sports/college/bears/2013-03-25/uca-adds-kansas-state-2017-football-schedule#.UVDa-Ve8sS5

Lehigh Football Nation
March 25th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I guess on Wednesday we'll find out if App State and Georgia Southern will still be a "member" of the SoCon for the 2013 season or an FCS independent.

kdinva
March 25th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I guess on Wednesday we'll find out if App State and Georgia Southern will still be a "member" of the SoCon for the 2013 season or an FCS independent.

Well, I would think their "timetable" would be similar to ODU's, just +12 months. They should be able to be at-large selections for the 2013 playoffs, IF they aren't eligible for the 2013 SoCon regular season championship/auto-bid recipient. We will see.

SpiritCymbal
March 26th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Well, I would think their "timetable" would be similar to ODU's, just +12 months. They should be able to be at-large selections for the 2013 playoffs, IF they aren't eligible for the 2013 SoCon regular season championship/auto-bid recipient. We will see.

From everything we're seeing, we will begin our transition in 2013 and will not be playoff eligible in football. We'll still be in the SoCon in all sports but just not eligible for football playoffs. 2014 we will be in the Sun Belt for all olympic sports but football would technically be I-A "independent" and thus not eligible for bowl games. 2015 we will be full member in the SBC and bowl eligible.

One thing to keep in mind that's pretty confusing for everyone, is that the football program will be the only program that won't be post-season eligible for 2013 and 2014. All other sports will still be eligible for NCAA post-season play during the transition.

kdinva
March 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Butler:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580129

aceinthehole
March 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Butler:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580129

Wow. The get an Ivy at home (Dartmouth), but play at Franklin?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2013, 10:58 AM
From everything we're seeing, we will begin our transition in 2013 and will not be playoff eligible in football. We'll still be in the SoCon in all sports but just not eligible for football playoffs. 2014 we will be in the Sun Belt for all olympic sports but football would technically be I-A "independent" and thus not eligible for bowl games. 2015 we will be full member in the SBC and bowl eligible.

One thing to keep in mind that's pretty confusing for everyone, is that the football program will be the only program that won't be post-season eligible for 2013 and 2014. All other sports will still be eligible for NCAA post-season play during the transition.

I believe that means your "transition" year is 2013 and that you're an FCS Independent for this year. This is what UMass did when they transitioned to the MAC if I remember right. It means your games with former SoCon foes don't count in the league standings.

This is different than ODU's situation. They announced their move late. They stayed at the FCS level and remained in the CAA for one last season. The CAA declared them ineligible for the autobid but eligible for the FCS playoffs.

kdinva
March 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Dayton:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580139

Valpo:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580132

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Jeff Kolpack@FGOSPORTSWRITER
NDSU AD Gene Taylor said 6th home fb game looking doubtful, appears Bison will hit the road as part of FCS home and home.

Thanks Montana State......

kdinva
March 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Morgan State.............8 away games:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580349

darell1976
March 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
NDSU AD Gene Taylor said 6th home fb game looking doubtful, appears Bison will hit the road as part of FCS home and home.

If there is no DI teams left would NDSU schedule a DII team or a play 10 game schedule?

PAllen
March 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM

Welcome to Bethlehem.

i should be careful what i wish for. xcoolx

PAllen
March 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Morgan State.............8 away games:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580349

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Lehigh Football Nation
March 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Welcome to Bethlehem.

i should be careful what i wish for. xcoolx

Nothing would make me happier, but unless you like Lehigh playing 12 straight games (Bison and Mountain Hawks have 11/2 open)...

BisonFan02
March 28th, 2013, 12:40 PM
If there is no DI teams left would NDSU schedule a DII team or a play 10 game schedule?

No, there are DI teams left....just little to none that will come to Fargo for a guarantee game. GT will schedule a DI home/home with another FCS opponent before he does a DII game. Offering the first half of the home/home on the road will open up alot more opportunities.

darell1976
March 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
No, there are DI teams left....just little to none that will come to Fargo for a guarantee game. GT will schedule a DI home/home with another FCS opponent before he does a DII game. Offering the first half of the home/home on the road will open up alot more opportunities.

My question is if there are NO DI teams left.

Bisonator
March 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM
My question is if there are NO DI teams left.

That's a stupid question, since there are a lot of DI teams yet to fill out their 11 or 12 game schedules.

tourguide
March 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
yes but the question stands, if you ran out of cereal would you even eat breakfast ever again.

10 game schedule is last option

Bisonator
March 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM
A D2 game will not happen. Unless we have 11 D1 games and GT really wants to get another home game, he may be able to talk Bohl into the twelfth game, but I highly doubt that happening.

A D2 game does nothing for you except home game revenue.

kdinva
March 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
holy cross:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4580393

11 games w/out a break.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
William Jewel? Gonna have to look that up. Still anxiously awaiting ANY NEC team to step up to the plate and schedule.

Libertine
March 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Liberty:

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=10585&TeamID=

Aug. 29 (Thurs) – at Kent State (Kent, Ohio)
Sept. 7 (Sat.) – Monmouth (Lynchburg, Va.)
Sept. 14 (Sat.) – Morgan State (Lynchburg, Va.)
Sept. 21 (Sat.) – at Richmond (Richmond, Va.)
Sept. 28 (Sat.) – Kentucky Wesleyan (Lynchburg, Va.)
Oct. 5 (Sat.) – at Old Dominion (Norfolk, Va.)
Oct. 12 (Sat.) – Open Week
Oct. 19 (Sat.) – Coastal Carolina * (Lynchburg, Va.)
Oct. 26 (Sat.) – at Gardner-Webb * (Boiling Springs, N.C.)
Nov. 2 (Sat.) – VMI * (Lynchburg, Va.)
Nov. 9 (Sat.) – Presbyterian College * (Lynchburg, Va.)
Nov. 16 (Sat.) – Brevard (Lynchburg, Va.)
Nov. 23 (Sat.) – at Charleston Southern * (Charleston, S.C.)

rmutv
March 28th, 2013, 06:32 PM
William Jewel? Gonna have to look that up. Still anxiously awaiting ANY NEC team to step up to the plate and schedule.

Robert Morris is basically set. Awaiting word on whether it's an 11-game schedule or 12-game schedule, as well as dates of NEC games. If it's 11-game schedule, it's done.

8/29 - at Eastern Kentucky (Thursday night)
9/7 - Morgan State
9/14 - Dayton
9/21 - TBD or bye
9/28 - at Virginia Military Institute
10/5 at Monmouth

If it's an 11-game schedule, 9/21 is likely a bye with 10/12 as the NEC home opener. If it's a 12-game schedule, 9/21 could either be a home game (doubtful) or a bye with a non-conference game (either home or road) later in October or in early November.

aceinthehole
March 28th, 2013, 07:13 PM

I imagine that NEC schedules are coming out late because they all had to scramble to fill 3 slots (Albany, URI, and Monmouth).

Here's what I have for the NEC non-conference so far:

Bryant (6) – vs. Holy Cross, vs. Assumption, at Maine, at Stony Brook, vs. Brown, vs. Monmouth
CCSU (5) – at James Madison, at Lehigh, vs. Holy Cross, at Albany, at Rhode Island
Duquesne (5) – vs. Albany, at Dayton, vs. West Liberty State, at Youngstown State, at Monmouth
Robert Morris (5) – at Eastern Kentucky, vs. Morgan State, vs. Dayton, at VMI, at Monmouth
Sacred Heart (5) – at Marist, at Lafayette, vs. Chowan, at Bucknell, at Monmouth,
Saint Francis (5) – at Georgia Southern, at James Madison, vs. Lincoln, vs. Fordham, vs. Monmouth
Wagner (4) – vs. Georgetown, at Syracuse, at Delaware, vs. Monmouth

knucklehead
March 28th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Liberty:

The Goal, Win the conference for that playoff bid. I like the 7 home games, and an eighth would be awesome too.

kdinva
March 28th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm sure Coach Gill didn't want two D-2 games........but you all will get less grief for that than the Keydets will for their two D-2 games.

Liberty:

MplsBison
March 28th, 2013, 10:49 PM

It's startling how many NDSU fans think that our president is going to sign off on a home football schedule that does not have six home games.

The home, regular season football schedule literally makes or breaks the NDSU athletic department budget.

This is grown up talk. Green paper.

FargoBison
March 28th, 2013, 11:22 PM
How NDSU survived the three or four years where the school only had five home football games I'll never know.....NDSU is going to play 11 DI games that much I do know.

tourguide
March 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM
It's startling how many NDSU fans think that our president is going to sign off on a home football schedule that does not have six home games.

The home, regular season football schedule literally makes or breaks the NDSU athletic department budget.

Like to wager? If ndsu plays 11 games and 6 are on the road in 2013 u will not post on this site for a year. If they play 6 at home i won't post for a year

Bisonator
March 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM

Get over it.

Libertine
March 29th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I'm sure Coach Gill didn't want two D-2 games........but you all will get less grief for that than the Keydets will for their two D-2 games.

It wasn't supposed to be two. Somebody bailed on a verbal agreement. Such is life.

MplsBison
March 29th, 2013, 09:35 AM
How NDSU survived the three or four years where the school only had five home football games I'll never know.....NDSU is going to play 11 DI games that much I do know.

Prior to the 2008 season NDSU wasn't eligible for the playoffs, so those years are comparing apples to broccoli. And in both 06 and 07 they took two FBS payday games to boot.

2008 - 6 home games (Austin Peay, CCSU - travel to Wyoming)
2009 - 5 home games (Wagner - travel to Iowa St and the back end of the SHSU home/home)
2010 - 6 home games (Morgan St, South Dakota - travel to Kansas)
2011 - 6 home games (Lafayette, St Francis - travel to Minnesota)
2012 - 6 home games (Robert Morris, PVA&M - travel to Colo St)

So one in the past five seasons has deviated from the typical 6 home games and 1 FBS payday game. And that was only because they scheduled a home/home to get SHSU to come to Fargo in 2007.

Like I said - this is grown up talk. Money. Home football games literally generate the revenue the puts the AD in the black every year. That is a simple fact and you're being childish for refusing to acknowledge that.

There *WILL* be six home games this season and every other FCS season in which only 11 games are scheduled. It would irresponsible of the athletic director and president of the university to agree to anything less.

Money is more important than 11 DI games. I put my foot down on that.

The top NSIC teams play better ball than these non/low scholarship schools out east anyway. I'd rather our guys play these "practice games" against them. They'll even bring more fans to Fargo.

Screw the dumb FCS selection committee if they think NEC, Pioneer, MEAC or SWAC teams would beat Mankato St or Duluth simply because DI v DII. Idiots.

FargoBison
March 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Prior to the 2008 season NDSU wasn't eligible for the playoffs, so those years are comparing apples to broccoli. And in both 06 and 07 they took two FBS payday games to boot.

2008 - 6 home games (Austin Peay, CCSU - travel to Wyoming)
2009 - 5 home games (Wagner - travel to Iowa St and the back end of the SHSU home/home)
2010 - 6 home games (Morgan St, South Dakota - travel to Kansas)
2011 - 6 home games (Lafayette, St Francis - travel to Minnesota)
2012 - 6 home games (Robert Morris, PVA&M - travel to Colo St)

So one in the past five seasons has deviated from the typical 6 home games and 1 FBS payday game. And that was only because they scheduled a home/home to get SHSU to come to Fargo in 2007.

Like I said - this is grown up talk. Money. Home football games literally generate the revenue the puts the AD in the black every year. That is a simple fact and you're being childish for refusing to acknowledge that.

There *WILL* be six home games this season and every other FCS season in which only 11 games are scheduled. It would irresponsible of the athletic director and president of the university to agree to anything less.

Money is more important than 11 DI games. I put my foot down on that.

The top NSIC teams play better ball than these non/low scholarship schools out east anyway. I'd rather our guys play these "practice games" against them. They'll even bring more fans to Fargo.

Screw the dumb FCS selection committee if they think NEC, Pioneer, MEAC or SWAC teams would beat Mankato St or Duluth simply because DI v DII. Idiots.

NSIC schools do not play non-conference football games so what you are proposing is impossible.

NDSU will play 11 DI games every year. GT has made that crystal clear...maybe he finds a DII or lower school for a 12th game.

MplsBison
March 29th, 2013, 12:44 PM
NSIC schools do not play non-conference football games so what you are proposing is impossible.

NDSU will play 11 DI games every year. GT has made that crystal clear...maybe he finds a DII or lower school for a 12th game.

Hence why I put the 11 game scheduled qualifier in my statement.

So long as there are six home, regular season games scheduled - I do not care if there are also six regular season road games.

Obviously NSIC was not a requirement. Any quality DII would've worked in the argument.

ewueagle2010
March 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Eastern Washington's 2013 schedule...BRUTAL!!

http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/Schedule

Aug. 31 @ Oregon State (FBS)
Sept. 7 vs. Western Oregon (D-II)
Sept. 14 @ Toledo (FBS)
Sept. 21 Bye
Sept. 28 @ Sam Houston State (Part 1 of Home and Home Series)
Oct. 5 vs. Weber State*
Oct. 12 @ North Dakota*
Oct. 19 vs. Southern Utah*
Oct. 26 @ Montana*
Nov. 2 @ Idaho State*
Nov. 9 vs. Montana State*
Nov. 16 @ Cal Poly*
Nov. 23 vs. Portland State*

This is Eastern's first ever 12 game schedule and only 5 of them will be played at home. A lot of people trying to figure out the method of thinking playing two FBS teams in the same season!

bjtheflamesfan
April 2nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
It wasn't supposed to be two. Somebody bailed on a verbal agreement. Such is life.

Libertine is right...as much as Im sure everybody (especially the Liberty posters on here) would have preferred having an all Div I schedule, you get to the point where you just have to get games wherever you can. next year is also a 12 game year if Im not mistaken so its something they will have to look at then as well.

bjtheflamesfan
April 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM

Sept. 14 @ Toledo (FBS)
Sept. 21 Bye
Oct. 5 vs. Weber State*
Oct. 12 @ North Dakota*
Oct. 26 @ Montana*
Nov. 2 @ Idaho State*
Nov. 16 @ Cal Poly*

This is Eastern's first ever 12 game schedule and only 5 of them will be played at home. A lot of people trying to figure out the method of thinking playing two FBS teams in the same season!

Maybe they need the money?

MplsBison
April 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM

Sept. 14 @ Toledo (FBS)
Sept. 21 Bye
Oct. 5 vs. Weber State*
Oct. 12 @ North Dakota*
Oct. 26 @ Montana*
Nov. 2 @ Idaho State*
Nov. 16 @ Cal Poly*

Money.

To me, it's not worth it to schedule the home/home with Sam. I know you get a quality 5th home game next year instead of a DII...but like I said, not worth the wear and tear on the players.

FBS games are for money. If you get to the point where you can make more money with home games, schedule DII. Screw the playoff committee and the "common knowledge" of FCS scheduling.

Schedule local DII teams and reward your fans.

If you don't do well enough in the Big Sky to go to the playoffs, then you didn't deserve the playoffs anyway.

MplsBison
April 2nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Libertine is right...as much as Im sure everybody (especially the Liberty posters on here) would have preferred having an all Div I schedule, you get to the point where you just have to get games wherever you can. next year is also a 12 game year if Im not mistaken so its something they will have to look at then as well.

Indeed.

Screw the "common knowledge" that FCS teams must schedule all DI teams. A lot of the FCS underbelly plays lower quality ball than top, local DII teams anyway.

I say screw em all and schedule the DII games. Reward your fans with home games, tailgating and wins.

Earn the spot in the playoffs by winning the conference.

kdinva
April 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Bucknell:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4581552

BisonFan02
April 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Bucknell:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4581552

Damn......:(

Lehigh Football Nation
April 2nd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Add Bucknell, along with Lafayette and Lehigh, to the teams that could theoretically play a 12th game on 8/31 but have chosen not to do so.

Meanwhile, Colgate opens at Air Force.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 2nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Add Bucknell, along with Lafayette and Lehigh, to the teams that could theoretically play a 12th game on 8/31 but have chosen not to do so.

NDSU has already stated they will only play 11 this year, although they are playing 8/31

Go...gate
April 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Bucknell's schedule looks good to me. It is nice if you get the chance to play a Boston College, Syracuse, Army or Penn State, but those games are not always available. Moreover, is BU going to give the full allotment of FB scholarships that the PL allows?

MplsBison
April 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
NDSU has already stated they will only play 11 this year, although they are playing 8/31

Piss on the damn playoff selection committee. Schedule the damn DII.

Fans deserve six regular season home games, athletic dept needs the money and shouldn't have to pay 250 to 300k for a home game. If we don't win the MVFC this year, we didn't deserve the playoffs anyway.

tourguide
April 2nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Damn......:(

damn wut? they still have the 14th open......this list of games is nothing new

downbythebeach
April 2nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.fordhamsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040213aaa.html
Fordham

downbythebeach
April 2nd, 2013, 10:45 PM

I'm hoping one of those PA teams can play Saint Francis. It's a two hour trip from Bucknell to Loretto.

OldKat95
April 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM

Sept. 14 @ Toledo (FBS)
Sept. 21 Bye
Oct. 5 vs. Weber State*
Oct. 12 @ North Dakota*
Oct. 26 @ Montana*
Nov. 2 @ Idaho State*
Nov. 16 @ Cal Poly*

Are the stadium renovations supposed to be done when we come in 14?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
I'm hoping one of those PA teams can play Saint Francis. It's a two hour trip from Bucknell to Loretto.

I'd be thrilled to see it. It almost makes too much sense - as long as you guys have an opening on 8/31.

CFBfan
April 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
http://www.fordhamsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040213aaa.html
Fordham

nice schedule for FU, Nova and Temple back to back very nice

ewueagle2010
April 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Are the stadium renovations supposed to be done when we come in 14?

Unfortunately, no. It's still about 2-3 years to completion.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 4th, 2013, 12:19 AM
nice schedule for FU, Nova and Temple back to back very nice

Fordham is not the type of FCS opponent we should be scheduling. We need butts in the seats.

As long as Temple and Nova field teams they need to play every 3rd year. Delaware MUST be added as well. Sprinkle in Lehigh, Lafayette, Towson, Fordham, eventually, and Richmond and your set.

I hate posting from my phone...

CFBfan
April 4th, 2013, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;1951052]Fordham is not the type of FCS opponent we should be scheduling. We need butts in the seats.

As long as Temple and Nova field teams they need to play every 3rd year. Delaware MUST be added as well. Sprinkle in Lehigh, Lafayette, Towson, Fordham, eventually, and Richmond and your set.

True, BUT a nice schedule for FU

Go...gate
April 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Fordham is not the type of FCS opponent we should be scheduling. We need butts in the seats.

I hate posting from my phone...

No Colgate? :(

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM
No Colgate? :(

No offense to Colgate, but I can't see you guys bringing down more than a couple hundred fans. Long term I could see the 'Gate being a viable option.

Temple has history with Bucknell, Holy Cross and Colgate.

OldKat95
April 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, no. It's still about 2-3 years to completion.

Shame. Looks like its going to be a nice place.

blackbeard
April 4th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Guess SHU is the first NEC team to release, no surprises and no 12th game. OOC trips to Marist, Lafayette and Bucknell, home OOC against Monmouth and a DII.

http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/releases/20130404n69uim

aceinthehole
April 5th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Guess SHU is the first NEC team to release, no surprises and no 12th game. OOC trips to Marist, Lafayette and Bucknell, home OOC against Monmouth and a DII.

http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/releases/20130404n69uim

Here's an update on NEC non-conference opponents:

Bryant (6) – vs. Holy Cross, vs. Assumption, at Maine, at Stony Brook, vs. Brown, vs. Monmouth
*CCSU (5) – at James Madison, at Lehigh, vs. Holy Cross, at Albany, at Rhode Island
*Duquesne (5) – vs. Albany, at Dayton, vs. West Liberty State, at Youngstown State, at Monmouth
Robert Morris (5) – at Eastern Kentucky, vs. Morgan State, vs. Dayton, at VMI, at Monmouth
Sacred Heart (5) – at Marist, at Lafayette, vs. Chowan, at Bucknell, vs. Monmouth
Saint Francis (5) – at Georgia Southern, at James Madison, vs. Lincoln, vs. Fordham, vs. Monmouth
Wagner (5) – vs. Georgetown, vs. Merrimack, at Syracuse, at Delaware, vs. Monmouth

*So far, everyone but CCSU and Duquesne have announced.

CCSU has just 1 HOME non-conference game.
Duquesne, RMU, SHU, have 2 HOME non-conference games.
SFPA and Wagner have 3 HOME non-conference games.
Bryant has 4 HOME non-conference games.

Also, only CCSU and RMU have an all D-I schedule.

blackbeard
April 5th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Here's an update on NEC non-conference opponents:

CCSU (5) – at James Madison, at Lehigh, vs. Holy Cross, at Albany, at Rhode Island
Duquesne (5) – vs. Albany, at Dayton, vs. West Liberty State, at Youngstown State, at Monmouth
Sacred Heart (5) – at Marist, at Lafayette, vs. Chowan, at Bucknell, at Monmouth
Wagner (4) – vs. Georgetown, at Syracuse, at Delaware, vs. Monmouth

So far ...
CCSU and SHU have just 1 HOME non-conference game.
Duquesne, RMU, and Wagner have 2 HOME non-conference games.
SFPA has 3 HOME non-conference games.
Bryant has 4 HOME non-conference games.

SHU has Monmouth at home

kdinva
April 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Robert Morris:

http://www.rmucolonials.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=59580&SPID=6527&DB_OEM_ID=13900&Q_SEASON=2013

Majority of NEC schools now have posted/announced.

downbythebeach
April 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Saint Francis U
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/04/05/saint-francis-to-host-six-in-2013/

11 games
Bye on the opening week, which is annoying. Bucknell and Lehigh both have an opening week bye and are within a 3 hours drive. I was hoping for a reunion with SBU as well.

kdinva
April 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Bryant U.............7 home games:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4583261

dgreco
April 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
that 3 straight road games is going to be tough.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I will put these NEC schedules up shortly, after I finish with Lehigh's spring update.

aceinthehole
April 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
that 3 straight road games is going to be tough.

Are you kidding? Right now CCSU has just 4 home games all season - they need to schedule a 12th game just to get 5 home games.

Worried that this is going to be another brutal year for the Blue Devils.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 8th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Are you kidding? Right now CCSU has just 4 home games all season - they need to schedule a 12th game just to get 5 home games.

That worked for Sam Houston last year.

Well, kind of.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 8th, 2013, 02:22 PM

...and they have a nice stadium capable if hosting solid OOC opponents. @ JMU, @ Lehigh and @Albany won't be picnics.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I will put these NEC schedules up shortly, after I finish with Lehigh's spring update.

I'm interested to see what you think about LU's progress this spring. The offense, imo, will prove to be good. BB will be a more natural fit at QB and the skill guys/OL will be very good. Depth and size on defense remains a big issue.

GeauxLions94
April 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Don't know if it was posted earlier, but here's Southeastern Louisiana ... 2013 Schedule (http://http://www.lionsports.net/index.aspx?path=football&&tab=0)

Date Opponent
8/29 SOUTHEAST MISSOURI (Thurs.)
9/7 at TCU
9/14 at South Dakota State
9/21 at Samford
10/5 INCARNATE WORD (HOF)
10/12 STEPHEN F. AUSTIN *
10/19 at Northwestern State *
10/26 LAMAR * (HC)
11/2 at McNeese State *
11/9 at Central Arkansas *
11/16 SAM HOUSTON STATE *
11/21 NICHOLLS STATE * (RBC) (Thurs.)

* - Southland Conference game; HC – Homecoming; RBC – River Bell Classic; HOF – Hall of Fame Game

aceinthehole
April 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Wagner College announces schedule ... vs. Georgetown, vs. Merrimack, at Syracuse, at Delaware, vs. Monmouth

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot/news/newstest.aspx?id=4583480

SamIam
April 9th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hate that bye on the opening week. Wish Saint Francis (or one of the others with a bye that first week) would agree to play Sam Houston this year. Then both schools can avoid it. I know SHSU is willing to go on the road this season.

GoAgs72
April 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hate that bye on the opening week. Wish Saint Francis (or one of the others with a bye that first week) would agree to play Sam Houston this year. Then both schools can avoid it. I know SHSU is willing to go on the road this season.

Tough situation - it puts you behind most other teams by one game of experience. However, if I knew I was going to get clobbered by SHSU in my first game, why not try to schedule an FBS team and make more money?

SamIam
April 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Sure, try that. But if you can't get an FBS game, play Sam. Tough game, but I wish someone would take it instead of being satisfied with eleven and not rising to a challenge.

Tough situation - it puts you behind most other teams by one game of experience. However, if I knew I was going to get clobbered by SHSU in my first game, why not try to schedule an FBS team and make more money?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Finally had the free lunchtime to add the NEC schedules.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/conf-scheds-2013/nec-sched-2013

Only common date for the final NEC conference game was Nov. 16th, CCSU@Duquesne.

CCSU and Duquesne have yet to announce as far as I can tell.

CCSU Open Dates: 10/19, 10/26 - most likely bringing in an NE-10 D-II - perhaps old rival Southern Connecticut State, or Pace?

Duquesne Open Dates: 9/14, 9/28, 10/5 - four home dates. Most likely going with an 11-game schedule? PSAC school the final home date?

nwFL Griz
April 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/conf-scheds-2013/nec-sched-2013

Only common date for the final NEC conference game was Nov. 16th, CCSU@Duquesne.

CCSU Open Dates: 10/19, 10/26 - most likely bringing in an NE-10 D-II - perhaps old rival Southern Connecticut State, or Pace?

Duquesne Open Dates: 9/14, 9/28, 10/5 - four home dates. Most likely going with an 11-game schedule? PSAC school the final home date?

Duquesne has West Liberty on 10/5.

aceinthehole
April 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM

As nwFL Griz points out, Duquesne has D-II West Liberty State on the schedule.

I'm hoping CCSU gets a 12th game, because as it stand they have back-to-back bye weeks, but I don't know where they are going get it. It doesn't look like any of the FCS teams with an open date on 10/19 would be willing to come to New Britain:

Portland State, James Madison, Stony Brook, Charlotte, Houston Baptist, Stetson, and Georgia Southern

Also, if this info is accurate, they haven't scheduled a NE-10 team, because they have all filled their 1 non-conference game:

AIC - East Stroudsburg (PSAC)
Assumption - Bryant (NEC DI)
Bentley - Mercyhurst (PSAC)
LIU Post - Millersville (PSAC)
Merrimack - Wagner (NEC DI)
New Haven - West Chester (PSAC)
Pace - Alderson Broaddus (Ind)
Saint Anselm - Bowie St. (CIAA)
So. Connecticut - IUP (PSAC)
Stonehill - Bloomsburg (PSAC)
http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?55981-2013-OOC-Schedules

Furthermore, PSAC teams play their non-conf opponents in on 9/7, so that won't work.

nwFL Griz
April 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM
As nwFL Griz points out, Duquesne has D-II West Liberty State on the schedule.

I'm hoping CCSU gets a 12th game, because as it stand they have back-to-back bye weeks, but I don't know where they are going get it. It doesn't look like any of the FCS teams with an open date on 10/19 would be willing to come to New Britain:

Also, if this info is accurate, they haven't scheduled a NE-10 team, because they have all filled their 1 non-conference game:

http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?55981-2013-OOC-Schedules

A 2-for-1 might get JMU or SBU up there. Surely a home-and-home could get Stetson, or assistance with travel costs?

aceinthehole
April 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
A 2-for-1 might get JMU or SBU up there. Surely a home-and-home could get Stetson, or assistance with travel costs?

Central is already playing at JMU in week 1, so I doubt we would do an in-season home and home.

Stony Brook would make the most sense. We went there last year (although, we may have been paid for the game) and it is very close. However, SBU has 5 at home and 6 away, so I'm not sure if they want to go on the road. And that would make CCSU's non-conf schedule brutal - 4 CAA teams, plus Lehigh and Holy Cross.

bjtheflamesfan
April 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
sent LFN a link to the West Liberty logo for updating the site

Lehigh Football Nation
April 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
sent LFN a link to the West Liberty logo for updating the site

Thanks! That game has been added and I added Liberty's two OOC games to their schedule.

nwFL Griz
April 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Central is already playing at JMU in week 1, so I doubt we would do an in-season home and home.

Stony Brook would make the most sense. We went there last year (although, we may have been paid for the game) and it is very close. However, SBU has 5 at home and 6 away, so I'm not sure if they want to go on the road. And that would make CCSU's non-conf schedule brutal - 4 CAA teams, plus Lehigh and Holy Cross.

Brainfarted on the JMU suggestion. My bad. Personally, I think offering a 2-for-1 to UNCC might be the best bet. They are going FBS, so potentially having 2 years of an FCS home game, basically for free, would be a benefit to them, and would help you guys fill your schedule this year.

tourguide
April 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM
, why not try to schedule an FBS team and make more money?

which fbs schools are looking for a game?

kdinva
April 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
which fbs schools are looking for a game?

I'd be shocked if there were any at this late date............try here:

http://www.fbschedules.com/

aceinthehole
April 10th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Brainfarted on the JMU suggestion. My bad. Personally, I think offering a 2-for-1 to UNCC might be the best bet. They are going FBS, so potentially having 2 years of an FCS home game, basically for free, would be a benefit to them, and would help you guys fill your schedule this year.

If they are willing, I would take that deal in a minute. However, I won't hold my breath that will happen.

tourguide
April 10th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'd be shocked if there were any at this late date............try here:

http://www.fbschedules.com/

Sorry I was being a smartass, I already know there arent any looking for a game.

hebmskebm
April 10th, 2013, 06:18 PM
If you toggle up to 2013-14 you can see Georgetown's schedule. Final piece of puzzle is game w/ Marist on 9/14.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/gu-m-footbl-sched.html

SamIam
April 11th, 2013, 10:29 AM
That's still just eleven games. Man up and take a home game vs. SHSU on Oct. 5.

If you toggle up to 2013-14 you can see Georgetown's schedule. Final piece of puzzle is game w/ Marist on 9/14.

bjtheflamesfan
April 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Easy there SamIam. I can understand your frustration but there is no reason to get testy.

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM

That's discouraging on many levels.

SamIam
April 11th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Not testy. Sorry. Haven't figured out how to properly show a joking tone of voice in text.

I know it won't happen. Probably stuck at 11 games unfortunately.

Think it would be awesome for the players to get a trip to D.C. I know there wouldn't be much time for seeing the sights, but at least a bit before the game. Then get the Hoyas down to Texas next year would be fun.

Easy there SamIam. I can understand your frustration but there is no reason to get testy.

CFBfan
April 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
That's discouraging on many levels.

Likely that they are hoping to post a "decent" record (over 500?) to help recruiting efforts going forward? OR getting ready for the Pioneer League....

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Likely that they are hoping to post a "decent" record (over 500?) to help recruiting efforts going forward? OR getting ready for the Pioneer League....

Adding a win vs. Marist won't help going forward.

And no one I have talked to at Georgetown has ever brought up the Pioneer as a desirable option. It's all but infeasible--the travel costs would be through the ceiling and recruits would steer clear. They would be almost better off playing the Davidson card and scheduling below Division I rather than trying to sell recruits on games with Stetson and Mercer.

NEC or independent status makes more sense than the Pioneer.

MplsBison
April 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Adding a win vs. Marist won't help going forward.

And no one I have talked to at Georgetown has ever brought up the Pioneer as a desirable option. It's all but infeasible--the travel costs would be through the ceiling and recruits would steer clear. They would be almost better off playing the Davidson card and scheduling below Division I rather than trying to sell recruits on games with Stetson and Mercer.

NEC or independent status makes more sense than the Pioneer.

Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to be honest with the following statements. Feel free to correct me in any or all, if you wish.

Total football cost to the university: since Gtown wouldn't draw any more or less than they do now with a Pioneer schedule, they'd bring in the same small amount of revenue from home games. Yes travel costs would be higher, but overall the cost of athletic scholarship equivalencies being funded by the athletic department (about 20 according to NCAA and would have to go up to stay in the Patriot) is higher. So the Gtown president would rightfully see it as a cost savings.

Recruits: let's be honest, the types of kids who come to Gtown to play football are using the sport to make sure they get admitted, plan on graduating and building a career with that degree. That wouldn't change one iota in the Pioneer.

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2013, 02:05 PM
1. Total football cost: higher. Georgetown still draws a fair share of its revenue from visitor ticket sales which would be nonexistent in a PFL model.

2. The loss of scholarship equivalencies, however meager, would render the program incapable of any serious recruiting. Add to that the factors of an extremely expensive tuition and an extremely competitive admissions pool (the current accepted student pool averaged the top 3.6% of their high school class) and it is possible that the staff simply could no longer recruit the depth and breadth of players needed to field a competitive program. This is the issue that's faced Davidson for years.

3. You are who your schedule says you are. Georgetown has no institutional or historic ties to the likes of Jacksonville and Morehead State. The football program was built on playing peer institutions and these schools, no offense, are not peers.

4. Football at Georgetown has never been about "cost savings"--if it was, they would have simply left it as club football as did Marquette. It is about recruiting students who can come to Georgetown and play at a competitive level consistent with its academic peers. It is in Georgetown's best interests to play alongside Cornell and Dartmouth, not Campbell and Drake. Ideally, it would be in its interests to play Villanova and W&M too, but the caliber of athlete it recruits and can admit isn't up to that level.

Make no mistake, the conflict with the new philosophy of the Patriot League is looming and at some point a nonscholarship program may simply no longer be sustainable there. At that point, pursuing the NEC (even with equivalencies, the ability to recruit without the Ivy Index would attract significant talent to Georgetown that it cannot currently recruit in the PL), the Big South, or an independent schedule are all better long-term options than the Pioneer Football League.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Make no mistake, the conflict with the new philosophy of the Patriot League is looming and at some point a nonscholarship program may simply no longer be sustainable there. At that point, pursuing the NEC (even with equivalencies, the ability to recruit without the Ivy Index would attract significant talent to Georgetown that it cannot currently recruit in the PL), the Big South, or an independent schedule are all better long-term options than the Pioneer Football League.

Except the "Wagner Rule" has now made the NEC into a 63 scholarship league, without the same academic restrictions/guarantees as the Patriot League. Which means that Georgetown, IMVHO, ain't going anywhere.

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Except the "Wagner Rule" has now made the NEC into a 63 scholarship league, without the same academic restrictions/guarantees as the Patriot League. Which means that Georgetown, IMVHO, ain't going anywhere.

But what is to be gained by having PL teams beating Georgetown by five and six touchdowns every week? What does that figure to say to recruits, to parents, to the league itself?

Best case, Georgetown stays in the PL. But if the choice is getting clocked every week or give the kids at least some hope at competing but without the arcane recruiting restrictions, the NEC or Big South at least has to be seen as an option.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
But what is to be gained by having PL teams beating Georgetown by five and six touchdowns every week? What does that figure to say to recruits, to parents, to the league itself?

Best case, Georgetown stays in the PL. But if the choice is getting clocked every week or give the kids at least some hope at competing but without the arcane recruiting restrictions, the NEC or Big South at least has to be seen as an option.

The problem is Georgetown's lack of institutional commitment. All a recruit or parent has to do is look at the Hoya's "facilities" and budget and they'll see what the real issues are. The numbers on the scoreboard just help put those two things in simpler form.

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2013, 09:16 PM
The problem is Georgetown's lack of institutional commitment. All a recruit or parent has to do is look at the Hoya's "facilities" and budget and they'll see what the real issues are.

That's not unique to football, of course. What does the basketball recruit see in a Top 25 program that doesn't have its own facilities, who must share practice time with a half dozen other sports in a 60 year old building? Or the baseball recruit whose facilities are a Montgomery County park, or the field hockey team that must play at the University of Maryland? Ask the track recruit what it meant to practice mornings at Washington & Lee HS because the on campus track was taken away in 1996 and never replaced. Or the rowing recruit who read about a new boathouse coming on the Potomac in 1987...that is still awaiting approval from the National Park Service before ground can be broken.

No one questions nor doubts that facilities are a huge thorn in the side of every Hoya athlete and it costs Georgetown recruits every year, from field hockey to men's basketball. But how many Division I teams (outside the Ivy) offer its students 29 different varsity sports, 30 club sports, and enough intramurals to fill an 18 hour daily schedule? How many provide the full-time coaching and the academic support staff to make sure that student has all the tools needed to graduate on time and with a degree for life? These are commitments that go beyond bricks and mortar. Yes, facilities would help. But what a kid gets "up the hill" is still more valuable.

CFBfan
April 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
The problem is Georgetown's lack of institutional commitment. All a recruit or parent has to do is look at the Hoya's "facilities" and budget and they'll see what the real issues are. The numbers on the scoreboard just help put those two things in simpler form.

The much bigger problem is when parents look at full ride from other PL schools vs full tuition at Gtown!
I would think that if a full ride was on the table (assuming the same # or close to the same as other PL schools) the facility is easily overlooked

Sader87
April 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
DFW and other Hoya alums: Just wondering, how is the alumni turn-out for games at GTown basically? It just seems that it must be hard to lure people back for a football game in that it really wasn't part of the campus culture for alums who went to GTown in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's.

aceinthehole
April 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
No one questions nor doubts that facilities are a huge thorn in the side of every Hoya athlete and it costs Georgetown recruits every year, from field hockey to men's basketball. But how many Division I teams (outside the Ivy) offer its students 29 different varsity sports, 30 club sports, and enough intramurals to fill an 18 hour daily schedule? How many provide the full-time coaching and the academic support staff to make sure that student has all the tools needed to graduate on time and with a degree for life? These are commitments that go beyond bricks and mortar. Yes, facilities would help. But what a kid gets "up the hill" is still more valuable.

Sacred Heart

kdinva
April 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Sam Houston does add game #12..............vs. Houston Baptist, Aug. 31

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4584588

kdinva
April 16th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Northern Colorado adds 12th game (7th home!)

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4585450

Bisonator
April 16th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Northern Colorado adds 12th game (7th home!)

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4585450

2 DII games so basically they are playing 10. Still don't understand the logic!

bjtheflamesfan
April 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
To put it simply that is about all most teams can do (especially with a lot of them looking for that extra home game). With almost all the schedules confirmed for 2013, changing schedules at this point just to get a full D-I schedule isnt feasible

kdinva
April 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
2 DII games so basically they are playing 10. Still don't understand the logic!

it's to get extra home games..........like 1-A's scheduling 1-AA's........... xcoffeex

Bisonator
April 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I realize that, but I just think it's more logical to schedule H/H with FCS for counters myself. If it's all about money then schedule another FBS game. Does a team really need 7 home games at the expense of an 11th counter?

MplsBison
April 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I realize that, but I just think it's more logical to schedule H/H with FCS for counters myself. If it's all about money then schedule another FBS game. Does a team really need 7 home games at the expense of an 11th counter?

No FBS games available. You can't just snap your fingers and get a FBS game. Plus, does it make sense risking injury to your players or a humiliating loss for the program, stealing momentum?

Some of the NDSU fans are really, REALLY thick on this particular subject -- because you've all decided to band together philosophically and entrench yourselves against NDSU scheduling any non-counter this season to get even an 11th game (let alone 12th!).

Believe it or not, there actually is merit to it once in a while. Sheesh.

Oh, BTW do you need a reason against scheduling H/H with other FCS scholarship programs?? Look what happened to NDSU this year with Montana St!!! They just decided to buy out of the return game! Yeah, that home/home really turned out sweet.

May the FCS gods send MSU to Fargo for the playoffs this year so they can receive the same justly deserts that GA Southern received in 2011 for the same act.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
No FBS games available. You can't just snap your fingers and get a FBS game. Plus, does it make sense risking injury to your players or a humiliating loss for the program, stealing momentum?

Some of the NDSU fans are really, REALLY thick on this particular subject -- because you've all decided to band together philosophically and entrench yourselves against NDSU scheduling any non-counter this season to get even an 11th game (let alone 12th!).

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4631914496/h759747BC/

TheRevSFA
April 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
May the FCS gods send MSU to Fargo for the playoffs this year so they can receive the same justly deserts that GA Southern received in 2011 for the same act.

Are the Justly Deserts near the Atacama Desert? Or are they near the Gobi?

MplsBison
April 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Are the Justly Deserts near the Atacama Desert? Or are they near the Gobi?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/top-ten-lists/top-10-commonly-confused-words/desert-dessert.html

MplsBison
April 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM
bizarre image

I provide a lucid argument, you provide a bizarre image. Sounds about right, carry on.

TheRevSFA
April 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/top-ten-lists/top-10-commonly-confused-words/desert-dessert.html

True, however you don't phrase it as "justly" you say "just".

Comeuppance is a better phrase.

DFW HOYA
April 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Official release confirms 11 game schedule:

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041613aaa.html

NoDak 4 Ever
April 16th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I provide a lucid argument, you provide a bizarre image. Sounds about right, carry on.

Your relentless trollery sometimes just needs some stupid response. You are bitching about NDSU not going FBS and not scheduling DII at the same time.

Not getting tickets to the championship game 2 years ago really messed you up, didn't it?

bjtheflamesfan
April 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM

Oh, BTW do you need a reason against scheduling H/H with other FCS scholarship programs?? Look what happened to NDSU this year with Montana St!!! They just decided to buy out of the return game! Yeah, that home/home really turned out sweet.

I dont say this often but I agree with Mpls here. Sometimes its not possible to get an all D-I schedule simply because there just arent enough teams to make that happen for FCS programs. You also cant just "snap your fingers" and instantly FBS teams are blowing up your AD's phone trying to schedule you. Its not somehow "beneath" NDSU, or any FCS program for that matter to schedule a D-II game or two in order to fill out the schedule

Lehigh Football Nation
April 16th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Bringing this back to the present, I think the only games I'm missing are HBU@SHSU on 8/31 and CSU-Pueblo@NoCo on 9/7. Any others I'm missing?

NoDak 4 Ever
April 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I dont say this often but I agree with Mpls here. Sometimes its not possible to get an all D-I schedule simply because there just arent enough teams to make that happen for FCS programs. You also cant just "snap your fingers" and instantly FBS teams are blowing up your AD's phone trying to schedule you. Its not somehow "beneath" NDSU, or any FCS program for that matter to schedule a D-II game or two in order to fill out the schedule

Yes it is. That's the way we like it.

bjtheflamesfan
April 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Bringing this back to the present, I think the only games I'm missing are HBU@SHSU on 8/31 and CSU-Pueblo@NoCo on 9/7. Any others I'm missing?

Logos sent your way for the site LFN

Bisonator
April 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM

You don't think the above would be 10 times worse if it happened to a D2 program?

How would you feel if NDSU schedules a D2 so you can have your 6th precious home game and MWill ends up blowing out his knee on the first frickin' play in an 80-0 rout? Would that game be worth it to you??

bjtheflamesfan
April 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
You don't think the above would be 10 times worse if it happened to a D2 program?

How would you feel if NDSU schedules a D2 so you can have your 6th precious home game and MWill ends up blowing out his near on the first frickin' play in an 80-0 rout? Would that game be worth it to you??

Reduction et absurdum isnt going to make your point more logical Bisonator

bjtheflamesfan
April 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Should be down to only a few teams left (Nicholls State among them) that have more than two openings left on their schedule

nwFL Griz
April 18th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Should be down to only a few teams left (Nicholls State among them) that have more than two openings left on their schedule

Uh, no. Nicholls has a full 12 game schedule. http://www.geauxcolonels.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

There are exactly two teams with more than 1 opening left on their schedule. Houston Baptist (playing an abbreviated schedule) and NDSU.

MplsBison
April 18th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Uh, no. Nicholls has a full 12 game schedule. http://www.geauxcolonels.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

There are exactly two teams with more than 1 opening left on their schedule. Houston Baptist (playing an abbreviated schedule) and NDSU.

Dom Izzo posted on the BMB that in talking to NDSU's AD Gene Taylor, there have been receptive conversations with an east coast FCS school about a home game in Fargo this season. So it would have to be some team that NDSU would pay a buttload to for their 12th game.

Otherwise, his "last resort" option is to pay off an FCS school to dump a non-counter home game and come to Fargo instead.

To me both plans are foolhardy, but we'll see what happens. I guess they just plain don't care what it costs - NDSU will pay it for a chance at a 3-peat.

MarkyMark
April 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
NDSU will get the game scheduled and myself and most fans that go to the games will be grateful its not with a DII.

We have been through this before and somehow it always works out for NDSU.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I wonder if the game is Bucknell for a one-off game? They have a 9/14 opening.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM

The Bizon vs THEE BIZON? Bucknell has scheduled "up" in the recent past...

MplsBison
April 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM

I'm asking for $300k and not a cent less as the Bucknell AD. Milk NDSU's hardheadedness for everything it's worth.

Bisonator
April 18th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I'm asking for $300k and not a cent less as the Bucknell AD. Milk NDSU's hardheadedness for everything it's worth.

Please remove NDSU from your "My Team:" area. xstfux

MplsBison
April 18th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Please remove NDSU from your "My Team:" area. xstfux

Right, I should be cheering the fact that Montana State screwed our schedule this year.

Good one.

Bisonator
April 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Right, I should be cheering the fact that Montana State screwed our schedule this year.

Good one.

No, just like you shouldn't be blaming it on NDSU's "hardheadedness".

MarkyMark
April 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM

Seriously, Why do you list NDSU as your "team"?

Its crap like this from you that makes everyone wonder why you say you are a fan of the Bison.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Its crap like this from you that makes everyone wonder why you say you are a fan of the Bison.

Nah, we all wonder why anyone would want to be a fan of the Bison.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Nah, we all wonder why anyone would want to be a fan of the Bison.

Don't go there, Darell.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Don't go there, Darell.

Lol!!! Just messin with you.

bjtheflamesfan
April 19th, 2013, 07:52 AM

You updated your site LFN?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Not yet with Nicholls. Need Arkansas Tech!

MplsBison
April 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
No, just like you shouldn't be blaming it on NDSU's "hardheadedness".

I didn't blame MSU pulling out on NDSU's hardheadedness. How can you be so willfully obtuse?

NDSU is hardheaded for spending more than half a million dollars to bring two crap teams to the Fargodome just to "appease" the FCS playoff selection committee. And right, because two 50-7 victories are really going to give a good indication to a reasonable person about how well your team is going to compete against the top FCS competition.

Win the MVFC outright, undefeated = #1 seed. That and beating KSU in the opener is all the team should be focused on this year.

MplsBison
April 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM

They are my team. I graduated from NDSU and went to every home game when I was a student there.

Bisonator
April 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I didn't blame MSU pulling out on NDSU's hardheadedness. How can you be so willfully obtuse?

NDSU is hardheaded for spending more than half a million dollars to bring two crap teams to the Fargodome just to "appease" the FCS playoff selection committee. And right, because two 50-7 victories are really going to give a good indication to a reasonable person about how well your team is going to compete against the top FCS competition.

Win the MVFC outright, undefeated = #1 seed. That and beating KSU in the opener is all the team should be focused on this year.

And you call me obtuse? xlolx

MplsBison
April 19th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Obtuse: - Adjective 1)Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

How is anything I've said about NDSU's scheduling this year wrong? It's correct. You're just a rube and happy to be obtuse about it.

30 games the past two seasons - these guys don't need to play more games this year. KSU and the MVFC schedule, heck I'd be fine with those nine.

Fans deserve home games...but not for half a million+.

I'm correct. You're being a rube.

bjtheflamesfan
April 19th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Not yet with Nicholls. Need Arkansas Tech!

Got ya covered LFN...check your PM

Lehigh Football Nation
April 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Obtuse: - Adjective 1)Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

No further commentary needed.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Big assign to bjtheflamesfan for getting me Arkansas Tech.

I added Nicholls and Lamar to the Southland schedule so it's complete now.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/conf-scheds-2013/southland-sched-2013

TTUEagles
April 22nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Didn't know if I posted it or sent it to you, but TTU hosts Indiana State on 9-28 completing their schedule(s).

MplsBison
May 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Per the Bison Media Blog (see the comments section of the post titled "Bison Video Blog: Spring softball and more") Dom Izzo is saying that, per Gene Taylor, NDSU will try for 12 games this season: a DII game at home in Sept. for the 6th home game and an FCS game on the road in November as part of a home/home deal, with the other team returning to Fargo in 2014, 15 or 16.

Comments:

- scheduling the DII for the 6th home game is correct. FCS teams know NDSU's situation and are demanding unreasonable amounts of money for a guarantee game. They can go piss off. A DII will, honestly, play just as good of ball and will not need nearly as much money (maybe $100k?). This is really important game time experience for the back ups. Also it gets NDSU the home game revenue and most importantly it gives fans a well deserved 6th home game and tailgating weekend.

I advocated for this from the start, took a bunch of crap for it --- and I was right!

- piss on the 12th game. I'm done with "home/home" with FCS teams non-conference. Done. You know what will happen: we'll go out there this season and then in the return year they'll have some FBS team pay off the buy-out, leaving us screwed over yet again.

Go for 11 with the DII only. Gene Taylor said he talked to playoff selection committee and they favor 11 games - even if it's against a non-counter, 8-3 gets in over 7-3.

Get it done Gene.

skinny_uncle
May 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Not sure if SIU has been posted yet.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time
Sat., Aug. 31 at Illinois Champaign, Ill. TBA
Sat., Sep. 7 vs. Eastern Illinois Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Sep. 14 vs. University of Charleston Carbondale, Ill. 2:00 p.m. CT
Sat., Sep. 21 vs. SEMO St. Louis, Mo. 1:00 p.m. CT
Sat., Sep. 28 vs. Youngstown State (Family Weekend) * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Oct. 5 at South Dakota St. * Brookings, S.D. 2:00 p.m. CT
Sat., Oct. 12 at Northern Iowa * Cedar Falls, Iowa 4:00 p.m. CT
Sat., Oct. 19 vs. North Dakota State (Homecoming) * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Nov. 2 at Western Illinois * Macomb, Ill. TBA
Sat., Nov. 9 vs. Missouri State * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Nov. 16 vs. Illinois State * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Nov. 23 at Indiana State * Terre Haute, Ind. TBA

nwFL Griz
May 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Per the Bison Media Blog (see the comments section of the post titled "Bison Video Blog: Spring softball and more") Dom Izzo is saying that, per Gene Taylor, NDSU will try for 12 games this season: a DII game at home in Sept. for the 6th home game and an FCS game on the road in November as part of a home/home deal, with the other team returning to Fargo in 2014, 15 or 16.

Comments:

- scheduling the DII for the 6th home game is correct. FCS teams know NDSU's situation and are demanding unreasonable amounts of money for a guarantee game. They can go piss off. A DII will, honestly, play just as good of ball and will not need nearly as much money (maybe $100k?). This is really important game time experience for the back ups. Also it gets NDSU the home game revenue and most importantly it gives fans a well deserved 6th home game and tailgating weekend.

I advocated for this from the start, took a bunch of crap for it --- and I was right!

- piss on the 12th game. I'm done with "home/home" with FCS teams non-conference. Done. You know what will happen: we'll go out there this season and then in the return year they'll have some FBS team pay off the buy-out, leaving us screwed over yet again.

Go for 11 with the DII only. Gene Taylor said he talked to playoff selection committee and they favor 11 games - even if it's against a non-counter, 8-3 gets in over 7-3.

Get it done Gene.

That is a completely retarded stance to take. You are telling me that you would not schedule a home/home with ANY FCS team, ever? You would end up with a string of ****ty non-conference schedules if your AD were to think like you.

Bisonator
May 10th, 2013, 07:37 AM
That is a completely retarded stance to take. You are telling me that you would not schedule a home/home with ANY FCS team, ever? You would end up with a string of ****ty non-conference schedules if your AD were to think like you.

Thank god he doesn't. Gene has done a very good job for NDSU over the last 15 years. We are very lucky to have him at the helm. This year's schedule was one of the best up until mid-February, now it has become a bit of a nightmare (thanks Peter Fields you prick), but it'll get taken care of eventually.

813Jag
May 10th, 2013, 08:29 AM
No further commentary needed.
I know game times may not be a big deal but here are the confirmed times for Southern U.

Sat, Sep 07 Northwestern St. Natchitoches, La. 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 14 Prairie View A&M * A.W. Mumford Stadium 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 21 Mississippi Valley St. * Itta Bena, Miss. 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 28 Jackson St. * A.W. Mumford Stadium 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 12 Alabama A&M A.W. Mumford Stadium 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 19 Arkansas Pine-Bluff * Pine Bluff, Ark. 2:30 p.m.
Sat, Oct 26 Alcorn St. * A.W. Mumford Stadium | Homecoming 5:30 p.m.
Sat, Nov 02 Texas Southern * Houston, Texas 6:00 p.m
Sat, Nov 16 Clark Atlanta A.W. Mumford Stadium 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 30 Grambling St. * New Orleans, La. | Mercedes-Benz Superdome 1:30 p.m.

813Jag
May 10th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Also Jackson St is playing Tulane on Thursday August 29 at 7 PM.

MplsBison
May 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM

Oh.

You mean...like every FCS season NDSU has played, starting in 2008?

At least all those guarantee games in Fargo don't get backed out! We'll see what happens with this Montana series in 2014/2015. At least the Griz are scheduled to come to Fargo first. We'll see if that happens or if they are at least man enough to buy out of the entire series, not just half.

Also curiously I see South Dakota as a non-conf game in 2014 in Fargo. Not sure what that's about. Maybe we purchased two guarantee games in 2010 for the price of one?

MplsBison
May 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Thank god he doesn't. Gene has done a very good job for NDSU over the last 15 years. We are very lucky to have him at the helm. This year's schedule was one of the best up until mid-February, now it has become a bit of a nightmare (thanks Peter Fields you prick), but it'll get taken care of eventually.

You might want to check NDSU's FCS non-conference schedule since 2008 before you start congratulating him.

The lone exception was in 2009 when NDSU actually (prepare to be shocked!) returned the home/home to Sam Houston for coming to Fargo in 2007!!

Every, single, other FCS non-conference game since 2008 has been a guarantee game played in Fargo. Look it up if you don't believe me.

DFW HOYA
May 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Also Jackson St is playing Tulane on Thursday August 29 at 7 PM.

Last season in the Superdome for Tulane.

813Jag
May 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Last season in the Superdome for Tulane.
great move for the Greenies, they seem like they're trying to turn it around.

MplsBison
May 10th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Knowing absolutely nothing about New Orleans as a city (never been there), is trying to pull 30k people to Tulane's campus - even on Saturdays, though I have no doubt they'll play weekday home games - a good idea?

From satellite pictures it seems a bit tucked away in a residential part of the city. Where will people park? Tailgate? Etc.

hebmskebm
May 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Some Pioneer spring cleaning:

Valpo - http://www.valpoathletics.com/football/schedule/
San Diego - http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/usd-m-footbl-sched.html

813Jag
May 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Knowing absolutely nothing about New Orleans as a city (never been there), is trying to pull 30k people to Tulane's campus - even on Saturdays, though I have no doubt they'll play weekday home games - a good idea?

From satellite pictures it seems a bit tucked away in a residential part of the city. Where will people park? Tailgate? Etc.
I look at it his way 18,000 people in a 30,000 stadium is better than 18,000 people in a 73,000 stadium. There's only about a 5 mile difference between the Superdome and Tulane. There will be parking on campus as well as at Loyola College which is next to Tulane, there will also be shuttles to take people from different park and ride lots. If anything this should increase the support and attention of Tulane football.

DFW HOYA
May 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM

New Orleans is such a unique place that people think nothing of parking a mile away and walking to games. If you think 30K in Uptown is crazy, imagine when there were upwards of 80K there, incl. eight NFL games a year, the Sugar Bowl, and various early Super Bowl games:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DTTB9Ed6eE0/TZrsjfwqq9I/AAAAAAAACy0/KWMjP7qyKjk/s1600/Tulane_Stadium2.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
May 13th, 2013, 09:48 AM
New Orleans is such a unique place that people think nothing of parking a mile away and walking to games. If you think 30K in Uptown is crazy, imagine when there were upwards of 80K there, incl. eight NFL games a year, the Sugar Bowl, and various early Super Bowl games:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DTTB9Ed6eE0/TZrsjfwqq9I/AAAAAAAACy0/KWMjP7qyKjk/s1600/Tulane_Stadium2.jpg

Too true. There's a lot worse things than parking on Rampart street and walking a couple roundabout miles on Bourbon Street on the way to the Superdome.