Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff Quarterfinal Attendance

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Re: Playoff Quarterfinal Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Chalupa Batman View Post
    From what I saw there is zero chance there were this many fans in Toyota Stadium last night.
    I agree! The crowd was pitiful given the fact a Texas school was playing. The bowl games have morphed into a symbol of what is wrong with FBS college football. Its nothing but a TV show and the players are being exploited at this point and I'm not one to go down that road. But ESPN just wants football for programming, the participants are irrelevant so long as they put on a show for the network. That's what makes FCS, D2 and D3 so great! It's still about the in person experience. Just like with racing, go to your local short track. TV killed mainstream auto racing too....
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

My Team
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    I agree! The crowd was pitiful given the fact a Texas school was playing. The bowl games have morphed into a symbol of what is wrong with FBS college football. Its nothing but a TV show and the players are being exploited at this point and I'm not one to go down that road. But ESPN just wants football for programming, the participants are irrelevant so long as they put on a show for the network. That's what makes FCS, D2 and D3 so great! It's still about the in person experience. Just like with racing, go to your local short track. TV killed mainstream auto racing too....
    It's unreal how many bowl games there are. I understand maybe teams 1/2/3 each conference but do we really need to see two 6-6 teams play.....

12 of the ****ing 14 teams in the sunbelt when to a bowl game! That is so stupid...

Yankee/A-10/CAA Conference Champs - 1947 1948 1950 1952 1953 1962 1968 1975 1976 1991 1994 2005 2012 2014 2022
    FCS Playoffs - 1991 1994 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2022

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!
    2021 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

My Team
    Alabama State

The Celebration Bowl smoked all of these as far as attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    For comparison, here are a few of the G 5 bowl games from yesterday:
    New Orleans Bowl. 14,485
    Louisiana vs Jax State
    Myrtle Beach Bowl. 8,059
    Ohio vs Georgia Southern
    Cure Bowl Orlando. 11,121
    Miami OH vs App State

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    Update on the G5 Bowls

Toasters Bowl. 5,632
    ODU vs WKU

Frisco Bowl. 11,215
    UTSA vs Marshall
    There is no way there were 11k at the frisco bowl. If there was 2500 they were lucky.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    I agree! The crowd was pitiful given the fact a Texas school was playing. The bowl games have morphed into a symbol of what is wrong with FBS college football. It’s nothing but a TV show and the players are being exploited at this point and I'm not one to go down that road. But ESPN just wants football for programming, the participants are irrelevant so long as they put on a show for the network. That's what makes FCS, D2 and D3 so great! It's still about the in person experience. Just like with racing, go to your local short track. TV killed mainstream auto racing too....
    ESPN has these G5 leagues by the balls. They are nothing more than space fillers for the “money and exposure”,

AGS FCS Champion

My Team
    YSU Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    There is no way there were 11k at the frisco bowl. If there was 2500 they were lucky.
    Glad someone posted this.. I've been to Frisco in that stadium with ~11K it was not nothing like that. 2500 is a stretch.. mostly TXSA people..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
    If stupidity was an illness liberals and dimocraps would be dead by now

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by ysubigred View Post
    Glad someone posted this.. I've been to Frisco in that stadium with ~11K it was not nothing like that. 2500 is a stretch.. mostly TXSA people..

The only other people there were the ones who got tix from the games sponsors.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My Team
    The North Dakota State University

Quote Originally Posted by ysubigred View Post

I would guess more than that at some of the Bison pep rallys the night before the game.