Thread: The All SoCon Preseason Team per SP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Class FCS Advocate VictoryViking's Avatar
    My Team
    na

Re: The All SoCon Preseason Team per SP

These picks are based on a lack of consideration for SOCON players I believe to be worthy of mention. Based on your comments below, you probably don't know Nick Nixon's status as questionable. As far as Lee, we will see. Didnt pick Hodges to be the player of the year, because I believe his stats will be impacted this year versus last year.

Haters gonna hate....and you and paladin fan just hate Samford. You sound like members of the liberal media.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe this young man started a total of 1 game (though Sammy's stats don't show it) for Sammy in 2016...and that was due to injury...and it was in Sammy's debacle against ETSU, which was, unquestionably, Sammy's worst Offensive performance of the season; maybe in several seasons. And he only shows as seeing action vs. Mars Hill, VMI, FU, and ETSU - 4 games. Now, he just may be a future NFL 1st round draft choice, but I think he's gonna need a few more reps on Sammy's 1st Team before we can think about naming him 1st Team All SoCon. Being a Sammy Homer is one thing, but how can even a Homer of the highest magnitude rate a previous non-starter ahead of another young man on the "Home Team" who started most of the season as a true Freshman at Left Tackle (Nate Nixon - played in 10 & started 9).

Something just seems bad wrong about that.

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryViking View Post
    Based on your comments below, you probably don't know Nick Nixon's status as questionable. As far as Lee, we will see.
    You say Nate Nixon's status is "questionable," yet you placed him on your 2nd Team Pre-Season All SoCon O-Line. That makes almost as little sense as putting a 2016 'non-starter/barely even played' on your 2017 1st Team Pre-Season All SoCon O-Line.

VV & alter-ego YCBI seem to be reaching for...something...

BTW...anyone know Lowndes High School's mascot? Asking for a friend...
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

My Team
    Chattanooga

Vikings

My Team
    Samford

As my alter ego said....haters gonna hate. I understand the pain of pulling for a team that just cant get over the hump. Lets see if Samford can deliver on the field. We shall see. After you see the Lee guy play and meet him, let me know what you honestly think. They are coming to Macon to play your boys on November 4th. I'm telling you, he is an undiscovered talent in SoCon. So is Nick Tiano UTC, and Jarious Creamer Samford.

You say Nate Nixon's status is "questionable," yet you placed him on your 2nd Team Pre-Season All SoCon O-Line. That makes almost as little sense as putting a 2016 'non-starter/barely even played' on your 2017 1st Team Pre-Season All SoCon O-Line.

VV & alter-ego YCBI seem to be reaching for...something...

My Team
    Chattanooga

Quote Originally Posted by youcanbankit View Post
    As my alter ego said....haters gonna hate. I understand the pain of pulling for a team that just cant get over the hump. Lets see if Samford can deliver on the field. We shall see. After you see the Lee guy play and meet him, let me know what you honestly think. They are coming to Macon to play your boys on November 4th. I'm telling you, he is an undiscovered talent in SoCon. So is Nick Tiano UTC, and Jarious Creamer Samford.
    Nick Tiano will get his shot as a JR and SR to showcase his talent. I tend to think barring an injury that Bennifield is the guy this year though. We may see them both on the field from time to time - at least we would if Huesman was still coaching. I have no idea how Arth will use them both. Tiano and Orr are both huge talents and I am glad they have come home to Chattanooga.