Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_77
Well said. I love the fact that people who know very little about our program other than the success we have had knows more about our program than us. But with that being said there is know way to prove what we know until GT grows a set.

Someone said that UGA sells out every home game. That is not true but they do come close nearly everytime. But the point was missed. More people were at the two games played between UGA and GSU then any other crowd on any level in the state of GA. Both the stadium record and state records were both broken. So your gonna tell me that the UGA fans were THAT interested both times to turn out to see GSU? In case there is someone out there that is still missing the point: The UGA/GSU games sold more tickets then anybody UGA has hosted including instate rival GT. They are less than 2 hours apart. While you can count 15,000-16,000 tickets would sell out at the GSU ticket office I believe that another 3,000-4,000 tickets would sell from those people that live in or near ATL that are related to someone attending GSU. Thats 18,000-20,000 that could be related to GSU.
Would also like to add that even though Sanford stadium might officially "sell-out", it's also easy to pick up a ticket for $5 right out in front of the stadium on game day whenever the likes of UK, Vandy, or Ole' Miss comes to town.
Game day tickets were going for $75 for the UGA-GSU game on game day last year with every seat taken. I saw much higher prices in the weeks leading up to the game on Ebay and in the paper. Shows that there was still some pent up demand.

I would say that if Tech would have had GSU on this years home schedule, that game would be 3rd in attendance. Right behind the UGA and Clemson games.