Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Phil Steele..... NOW!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Master

Contact Phil Steele..... NOW!!!

if you don't know who Phil Steele is, he is a very good prognosticator of FCS football. haven't paid attention to FBS stuff. don't really care that much. but he does his homework BIG TIME. he wouldn't say Armani Edwards, Marc Mariachi, or Rodney Zanders. i know you guys see stuff like this, ridiculous typos and careless errors, because the editor (of whatever publication) doesn't really care. half the time, the AUTHOR doesn't even care.

Phil Steele cares. he gives a crap. so let's ENCOURAGE him to do more for our cause... right now i think we get a half page for FCS news per top 25 team. i think that's right. let's get it to a full page! or even better, let's get him to do a whole FCS magazine (not just one that's an insert in an FBS mag, this is what we currently have, and only in ACC country)! some of you might be thinking it's impossible.... it IS impossible if we do NOTHING to voice our opinions. if he knows that we CARE about this and we will buy the mags (which many of us will since we're on this site to begin with, we clearly have an interest in all things FCS), THEN he will do more for us.

it's a start. it's not perfect, but it certainly won't hurt any. just drop him a line, and tell him how much you appreciate reading about FCS news... and how scarce accurate FCS info can be.

[email protected] (this is the best email address i could find... it's either that or the webmaster, and this seems to be the better choice in my opinion)

Re: Contact Phil Steele..... NOW!!!

Oh let's not be ninnies now. Who cares what he thinks?

Can I email them and say that the guy's name is actually Ronnie Sanders?

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jmufan999 View Post
    if you don't know who Phil Steele is, he is a very good prognosticator of FCS football. haven't paid attention to FBS stuff. don't really care that much. but he does his homework BIG TIME. he wouldn't say Armani Edwards, Marc Mariachi, or Rodney Zanders. i know you guys see stuff like this, ridiculous typos and careless errors, because the editor (of whatever publication) doesn't really care. half the time, the AUTHOR doesn't even care.

Phil Steele cares. he gives a crap. so let's ENCOURAGE him to do more for our cause... right now i think we get a half page for FCS news per top 25 team. i think that's right. let's get it to a full page! or even better, let's get him to do a whole FCS magazine (not just one that's an insert in an FBS mag, this is what we currently have, and only in ACC country)! some of you might be thinking it's impossible.... it IS impossible if we do NOTHING to voice our opinions. if he knows that we CARE about this and we will buy the mags (which many of us will since we're on this site to begin with, we clearly have an interest in all things FCS), THEN he will do more for us.

it's a start. it's not perfect, but it certainly won't hurt any. just drop him a line, and tell him how much you appreciate reading about FCS news... and how scarce accurate FCS info can be.

[email protected] (this is the best email address i could find... it's either that or the webmaster, and this seems to be the better choice in my opinion)
    I had mentioned that last year but nobody took me seriously because I had been told they would do one. If they have a big turnout of FCS fans showing interest they will do one for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jmufan999 View Post
    ... right now i think we get a half page for FCS news per top 25 team ... how scarce accurate FCS info can be...
    CSN has done a mag for years, the last two years they have been free pdfs. It does not have any FBS junk, and it usually around 100+ pages. Besides www.collegesportingnews.com they do www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com so between them there is tons of FCS news year around (see the news feeds board here at AGS). It is good to support FCS coverage and start at the root, then check FBS books like Phil Steele.

THE FCS IS BEST!
    http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...entid=7&cid=18 http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/...52741_3326.jpg
    Freedom
    支持和平和和谐的人们,我们支持您。 促进怨恨和战争的人们将被击败。

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    CSN has done a mag for years, the last two years they have been free pdfs. It does not have any FBS junk, and it usually around 100+ pages. Besides www.collegesportingnews.com they do www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com so between them there is tons of FCS news year around (see the news feeds board here at AGS). It is good to support FCS coverage and start at the root, then check FBS books like Phil Steele.
    The more coverage the better and while I read TSN and CSN all year long I think it is good to have more than one FCS magazine to have multiple views on the season. If you read Lindy's and Sportingnews you will see they have different picks for each league so it is always good to see more than one view of things. For fans it is always better to have several sources for news and not just one.

Phil Steele is going to do a FCS only magazine before it is all said and done. From what I was told they just need people to support it by having enough people purchasing the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    ... good to have more than one FCS magazine ...
    Yes, when that happens it will be cool. Doesn't happen now. Makes no sense for them to want us to buy their FBS book in order to get a FCS one. I ain't buying a FBS book no matter how much you push for Phil.

THE FCS IS BEST!
    http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...entid=7&cid=18 http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/...52741_3326.jpg
    Freedom

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    Yes, when that happens it will be cool. Doesn't happen now.
    Per my conversation with someone in their office, I have the feeling their reason is that they lacked enough copies sold last year. It is good to have these two guides because you can take the Phil Steele one to games with you and while you are online you can use CSN's guide, unless you print out all of those pages and bind them together. Hopefully CSN will soon put one in newsstands or allow people to order it again so we can take both of them with us to games or wherever we go.

We are going to have to buy the one with some FBS information in it for now or else they won't ever make a print FCS mag only and might even stop providing the content if they don't see any interest. I really hope people turn out to get copies of this in a big way so we can have a FCS mag without the FBS information in our hands. I will support any magazine that does that by purchasing it like I have done with the NAIA mag that has come out and the D2 mag that is coming out this summer.

... It is good to have these two
    There is only one
    ... while you are online you can use CSN's guide, unless you print out all of those pages and bind them together
    I sent the link to Kinkos and they had it ready for me to pick up the same day for less than $10.
    ... We are going to have to buy the one with some FBS information in it for now or else
    Some FBS? It is an FBS mag with 80% FBS, 18% ads, and 2% other. You may buy it but the general "we" does not have to.
    ... I really hope people turn out to get copies of this in a big way so we can have a FCS mag without the FBS information in our hands.
    Listen CLOSELY (I have said this many times yet you are so concerned in selling your mag that you have not listened)... WE ALREADY HAVE A FCS MAG WITHOUT FBS IN IT! Another would be cool but don't act like we don't have one already. Very disrespectful of you if you are an FSC fan.
    ... I will support any magazine that does that...
    Really? Like you support AGS with donations?

THE FCS IS BEST!
    Freedom

so..... anyone else see this discussion going down hill........... fast?