Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI at Hobo Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UNI at Hobo Day

UNI travels to SDSU for the annual "Hobo Day" homecoming. SDSU's Coach Stig said on his weekly radio show that SDSU will do something it hasn't done before: play two quarterbacks. Zach Lujan's ankle sprain is apparently sufficiently healed that he and his docs gave him the green light. True Freshman Taryn Christion, having started the past two games in Lujan's absence, will share play-calling with Lujan.

Should be an interesting contest. Everyone knows UNI is a better team than the season record shows so far. Hoping for a sellout --- getting close.

My Team
    Northern Iowa

Re: UNI at Hobo Day

Watch your butts!

Oh, you said HOBO...

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

SDSU by 17....and they don't score more than 24

Major FCS Advocate
    My Team
    South Dakota State

Hopefully Stig comes to his senses about playing two QB's. Perhaps after he watches some UNI game film....

My Team
    South Dakota State

UNI at Hobo Day

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    UNI travels to SDSU for the annual "Hobo Day" homecoming. SDSU's Coach Stig said on his weekly radio show that SDSU will do something it hasn't done before: play two quarterbacks. Zach Lujan's ankle sprain is apparently sufficiently healed that he and his docs gave him the green light. True Freshman Taryn Christion, having started the past two games in Lujan's absence, will share play-calling with Lujan.

Should be an interesting contest. Everyone knows UNI is a better team than the season record shows so far. Hoping for a sellout --- getting close.
    Jesus mother ****ing Christ in heaven what the mother ****
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Jesus mother ****ing Christ in heaven what the mother ****
    Ha, chill... It's better than them saying they're benching TC. I think this is their way of keeping their word on "noone loses a job to injury", and showing that TC is the better QB and gives us a better chance to win. The problem is, it really screws up the flow of the game. I hope they realize that TC is the guy for the job, and they switch to going solo with him soon. If Lujan lights it up, then I guess we'll have to hope for the best in a 2 QB system. I really feel bad for Lujan though... If he makes a big mistake, the crowd will be calling for TC. It wouldn't necessarily be fair for him to be the backup after an injury (although I could care less about this), but I think it's less fair to trot him out there like this.

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Ha, chill... It's better than them saying they're benching TC. I think this is their way of keeping their word on "noone loses a job to injury", and showing that TC is the better QB and gives us a better chance to win. The problem is, it really screws up the flow of the game. I hope they realize that TC is the guy for the job, and they switch to going solo with him soon. If Lujan lights it up, then I guess we'll have to hope for the best in a 2 QB system. I really feel bad for Lujan though... If he makes a big mistake, the crowd will be calling for TC. It wouldn't necessarily be fair for him to be the backup after an injury (although I could care less about this), but I think it's less fair to trot him out there like this.
    I just hate the two QB system with the passion of a burning sun. I think you are right but I think it's going to cost us the game all in the name of "not losing the job to injury" and that thought makes me nauseous.
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

How long will we allow this microaggression against homeless train riders stand? Time to change the name. Wrong side of history etc etc
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    How long will we allow this microaggression against homeless train riders stand? Time to change the name. Wrong side of history etc etc
    Hey, they treat those hobos like Kings and Queens on Hobo Day. We went up there for Hobo Day in 2008, went to the parade and tailgated with them. Had a great time and then saw one of the most exciting college football games I have ever seen live on top of it all.

sdsu08tghobos by Richard Martin, on Flickr

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    South Dakota State
    North DFW. Hosting FCS champs and parties

During the Dakota Marker debacle, it seemed that Jacks were easy to read for the defense. Like Jacks have running backs in and out, maybe using the different talents of Lujan and Christion at unlikely situations will confuse UNI's talented D, leading to penalties or big plays that our O failed to show or get vs NDSU.