Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
Elon returned four starters on the offensive line with, I think, 110 combined starts between them. Their RT is an NFL prospect and perhaps the top prospect in FCS football. Their running back, Summers, is arguably the best RB in the CAA and one of the better backs in the country. Summers didn't play at all against Furman in the post-season game and barely in the first contest last year.

They just put 27 points on James Madison. Over the last 24 contests, James Madison has only allowed 20 points 3 times (Weber State last year in the playoffs, NC State this year, and Elon).

Elon rushed for 212 against James Madison Saturday. They put up almost 500 yards of offense against one of the most dominating defenses in FCS history.

No, Furman didn't look good against them. Elon is also a really good football team.
All that may be true, but still Furman looked like they wanted to be the nicest Team on the field against the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians. They looked like they were afraid they might make E*Loan’s Players mad if they played too hard or got nasty with them. They were completely unready mentally & emotionally to play a Football game. Another way to say this is, “E*Loan hit them in the mouth and, not only did they ‘take it,’ they said, “Please, sir, may I have another.”” I didn’t see them do that all year last year, nor against Clemson, nor since...so, I’m sure the Coaching Staff had some long come-to-eight-pound-six-ounce-newborn-Baby Jesus conversations with the Players after that game and reminded them that despite all of the whiz-bang technical cool stuff we do, the essence of the game of Football is man-on-man violence. If they don’t want to violently keep another man from doing what he violently wants to do, then they are playing the wrong game and don’t need to bother stepping on the field ever again. I was on the sidelines for the WCU game & can assure that the ‘Dins were dishing out PLENTY of violence. I expect that they will again this Saturday.