Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sean Norton lead NAU to the playoffs?

Arrow Can Sean Norton lead NAU to the playoffs?

This guy can play. Fresno State never gave him much of a chance, but he was playing against #14-ranked LSU in Baton Rouge. Nonetheless, he put up decent numbers despite limited playing time. I think he could do very well against the Arizona Wildcats in only his second NAU start (I am assuming he will win the starting QB duties hands down over Lance).

On another note, why didn't any NFL teams take a look at QB Jason Murrietta? There's another Lumberjack who could conceivably play in the pros but is overlooked for upper division talent. 'Tis a shame. Even the Baltimore Ravens are underutilizing WR Clarence Moore. Some of the best talent we've ever had and no NFL teams seem interested. Makes me wonder whatever happened to NAU luminaries Jeff Lewis and Archie Amerson.

Paul

I completely agree about the Ravens comment as well as the Jason comment. I hope he at least gets a free agency look. How can a 2 time Payton award finalist NOT get looked at.

As for Norton, an absolute STUD in the California high school system. Something like #25 in hs career yardage IN THE UNITED STATES! I hope he gets the oppurtunity to shine at NAU. EVERYONE is coming back in that explosive offense except Jason. Plug Norton or Kreisen in there and NAU is a force in the Big Sky

how much talent will Norton have around him, he can't do it unless he has help.

3 all conference WR's coming back, 1 all american WR
    2 all conference offensive lineman
    1 Newcomer of the Year in the Big Sky; 1,000 yrd rusher RB

he has prenty of talent on offense considering NAU was 1st in rushing offense, passing offense, scoring offense in the big sky.

Offense sounds good, how's the Defense

Top FCS Advocate WyomingGrizFan's Avatar
    Would have to admit that NAU has a pretty good reciever in 5' 10" 180 lb Sr. Alex Watson, 1st Team BSC and 6' 2" 237 lb TE So. Shaun Fitzpatrick, also 1st Team BSC. A good 5' 10" 195 lb So. RB 2nd Team BSC in Alex Henderson.

According to the BSC I would say that the two All-Conf Offensive linemen, assuming you're citing Honorable Mention as well, in this instance: 6- 0" 295 lb Sr. OG John Toailoa and 6' 1" 295 lb Jr. C Kevin Meagher but I only see two and not three All-Conf WRs, even if you do want to call a TE a WR that is. Whatever.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/article.asp?articleid=82339

There was also a Ricky Wilson, 2nd Team CB on defense that'll be a Sr next year, I believe.

With that NAU looks to perhaps re-enter the playoff picture. But so do many others.
    Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; April 30th, 2007 at 02:06 AM.

Considering the NFL QBs that Fresno State has produced, it is hard to break into the Bulldog lineup. Norton had a few opportunities to play, but the Bulldogs were deep there, just like always. I would expect him to do well for the Lumberjacks.

AGS FCS Champion
    Doesn't look like NAU will have problems getting yards or points.

Are you going to win every game 49-42?

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan
    Would have to admit that NAU has a pretty good reciever in 5' 10" 180 lb Sr. Alex Watson, 1st Team BSC and 6' 2" 237 lb TE So. Shaun Fitzpatrick, also 1st Team BSC. A good 5' 10" 195 lb So. RB 2nd Team BSC in Alex Henderson.

According to the BSC I would say that the two All-Conf Offensive linemen, assuming you're citing Honorable Mention as well, in this instance: 6- 0" 295 lb Sr. OG John Toailoa and 6' 1" 295 lb Jr. C Kevin Meagher but I only see two and not three All-Conf WRs, even if you do want to call a TE a WR that is. Whatever.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/article.asp?articleid=82339

There was also a Ricky Wilson, 2nd Team CB on defense that'll be a Sr next year, I believe.

With that NAU looks to perhaps re-enter the playoff picture. But so do many others.

Alex Watson 1st team, Skyler Moore HM, Kenny Mahone HM....both i hope will have breakout seasons. Moore and Watson were the top targets last year.

Ricky Wilson returns as do Kevin Gerard (2006 2nd team preseason all american) who broke his hand in their game against ASU and big DE Blare Boynton.

Im hoping they do well, we will just have to see in Sept. when NAU takes on UofA in Tucson.

Yup. I've got that UofA game circled. I'm also an avid Arizona State fan and don't like University of Arizona football.

Paul