Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
This isn't so much about how much these teams would hold us to 22 points as I don't know if they could or not but would have given them as much of a chance to do it or possibly score more than 10 points against us. Again this isn't so much a knock on Montana as they may well end up being a top 5 team by the end of the year but I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop a few more games and then are you going to argue they are a top 10? I see the EWU and Montana State games being big question marks for them. Outside of that the rest of their schedule is favorable. The season will play out and they will have their chance to make a statement when they play EWU and MSU. Those two games given no surprise losses with the rest of their schedule will say a lot about where they should be ranked. But to me the following teams have an argument to be ahead of them.

Eastern Washington Eagles
McNeese State Cowboys
New Hampshire Wildcats
South Dakota State Jackrabbits
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Jacksonville State
Northern Iowa Panthers
Villanova Wildcats
Youngstown State Penguins

Anymore Questions?
Good list, and i agree with EWU and MSU being question marks

Everyone will get pissy but my issue is this. Weber State is not ranked, and shouldn't be. Weber State gained more yards, gave up less yards, had 20 first downs versus 9 for the Griz, and the points are about the same. So I don't get the argument that the Griz should be a top 10 team.

The Griz did better, than the bookies, massey and others said they would. I was surprised the Bison kicked so many field goals, whether that is the Griz defense in the red zone or Bison play calling is another argument. If you give up the same amount of yards to the Bison, as they give up on average, what does that make you? Average?

Like a boxing match, you can dominate someone without knocking them out.