Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TxSo Football Stadium Thread

TxSo Football Stadium Thread

It's been discussed on this board in numerous threads about the possibility of Texas Southern sharing a new soccer-specific Houston Dynamo facility in Houston. The proposed land is actually "around the corner" from the Texas Southern campus and it would help the Dynamo on many fronts (more dates, help politically, etc) to have Texas Southern involved. AGS's own 3rd Coast Tiger has even been involved in meetings.

Some interesting developments in Houston in the last 24 hours. The mayor of Houston was given a letter that the MLS sent to the Dynamo talking about how they need to get their act together regarding building a stadium and even threatened relocation. Houston does not take kindly to this sort of thing -- especially considering what happened with the Oilers.

The mayor said the letter was intimidating. The Dynamo said they just wanted the mayor to see what kind of pressure they were getting from the league.

We'll see what happens -- the MLS did not do any favors in writing the letter, which they knew would make it in the public and I think that we'll see even more interest in the development of the stadium.

Question to the faithful from the SWAC and TxSo...

Do you like the idea of the proposed Dynamo-TxSo partnership?

Would the Labor Day Classic move to the new stadium (or do you think it can outdraw what the stadium holds when TxSo turns around their program)?

Could it be conceivable to think that PVA&M may be willing to move a game like the Southern contest to this facility, instead of putting it at Reliant, Tully or wherever...?

Any other thoughts?
    -The Terror-

Re: TxSo Football Stadium Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post

Would the Labor Day Classic move to the new stadium (or do you think it can outdraw what the stadium holds when TxSo turns around their program)?

Could it be conceivable to think that PVA&M may be willing to move a game like the Southern contest to this facility, instead of putting it at Reliant, Tully or wherever...?

Any other thoughts?
    To answer your questions and since I am the only Texas Southern poster on this board:

Why do you care? We aren't the SLC. Wait a minute... you care because we are FCS right?

Besides, in your last thrashing of Texas Southern, shouldn't we be busy working with our new AD to help him with our "athletic issues" rather than talking about a stadium?

Top FCS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Tiger View Post
    To answer your questions and since I am the only Texas Southern poster on this board
    I'm here...I'm just not going to entertain this guy anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Tiger View Post
    To answer your questions and since I am the only Texas Southern poster on this board:

Why do you care? We aren't the SLC. Wait a minute... you care because we are FCS right?

Besides, in your last thrashing of Texas Southern, shouldn't we be busy working with our new AD to help him with our "athletic issues" rather than talking about a stadium?

DAMN DUDE,

While I fully admit I really don't give a rats rear end about Tx Southern, as a Houston area resident, I am interested in the posibility of a nice new venue in the down town area of Houston. It would be a win win for all Houstonians, and it really sounds like it would be a great place for TxSouth to call home.

I lived near 20,000 seat Toyota Park near Chicago just after it was built. It was a beautiful venue and hosted some really cool concerts and other things as well. It would serve the Houston area really nice, although, I'd make it seat between 23 and 25K.

Pizza Hut Park up near Dallas is almost just like the Chicagoland stadium. They also use it for many other things beside soccor.

I think the Columbus Crew stadium is what Houston should try to model theirs after. It seats about 23,000.

Last edited by McTailGator; April 20th, 2008 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    It's been discussed on this board in numerous threads about the possibility of Texas Southern sharing a new soccer-specific Houston Dynamo facility in Houston. The proposed land is actually "around the corner" from the Texas Southern campus and it would help the Dynamo on many fronts (more dates, help politically, etc) to have Texas Southern involved. AGS's own 3rd Coast Tiger has even been involved in meetings.

Some interesting developments in Houston in the last 24 hours. The mayor of Houston was given a letter that the MLS sent to the Dynamo talking about how they need to get their act together regarding building a stadium and even threatened relocation. Houston does not take kindly to this sort of thing -- especially considering what happened with the Oilers.

The mayor said the letter was intimidating. The Dynamo said they just wanted the mayor to see what kind of pressure they were getting from the league.

We'll see what happens -- the MLS did not do any favors in writing the letter, which they knew would make it in the public and I think that we'll see even more interest in the development of the stadium.

Any other thoughts?

I wonder why P-View chooses Tully over the Berry Center to play a few of their games. I work about 1/2 mile from Tully on the 28th floor of my building and my office looks right down on Tully.

It ain't no Berry Center, that's for certain.

Reliant, I understand for the capacity, but why choose Tully over Berry?

I'm a Houston native -- follow the Houston Dynamo, even more so than I follow Texas Southern. I'm trying to figure out what's going with the Dynamo situation and it seems Texas Southern is involved in some shape or fashion...
    -The Terror-

Quote Originally Posted by McTailGator View Post
    I wonder why P-View chooses Tully over the Berry Center to play a few of their games. I work about 1/2 mile from Tully on the 28th floor of my building and my office looks right down on Tully.

It ain't no Berry Center, that's for certain.

Reliant, I understand for the capacity, but why choose Tully over Berry?
    No clue on that front -- but some SHSU fans are hoping that the PVA&M/SHSU deal is a three year deal which includes this year in Huntsville, one year in Prairie View and a third at Berry Center. That area where the Berry Center is remains very integral to both school's recruiting strategies especially as it relates to the school's efforts (namely PVA&M) to fight off UH from opening a campus there...
    -The Terror-

My Team
    Liberty

Berry Center is booked fairly solid during football season with more Cy-Fair schools opening every month it seems and only two stadiums in the district.

Tully is much cheaper to rent as well hence PVU (I'm sorry but I'm still not comfortable with the A&M part of their name) choosing that venue despite it being further away from their campus then Tully.

As for the soccer stadium, I'm hearing bad things on its prospects. But there is still time for everyone to compromise and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    As for the soccer stadium, I'm hearing bad things on its prospects. But there is still time for everyone to compromise and get it done.
    MLS may have screwed the pooch because you don't threaten to pull a team that only draws 20000 a match.

We told the oilers to F off, we will damn sure tell soccor to take a hike seeing as how most Houstonians could give a rats rear end about a game no one understands anyway.

Who shot J.R.?