Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BR: 12 FBS Teams on Upset Alert vs. FCS Opponents in 2015

Re: BR: 12 FBS Teams on Upset Alert vs. FCS Opponents in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    The GSU fans on the Sun Belt board have been laughing at the possibility that they could lose to lowly Liberty. They are convinced that 2015 is THE year when it all comes together under Miles. Atlanta is a big Liberty town and I'd love to see us have more fans in the dome than GSU on their homecoming as we make another statement to the league that keeps blowing us off.
    I would be surprised if Liberty did not beat GA State. I saw a little of the App State game last year and the team looked strong. Not sure if you lost any key players but you should still be able to exit the Dome with a win...be sure to bring plenty of fans, GA State doesn't have Georgia Southern visiting this year to help them meet minimum attendance
    Georgia Southern University
    FCS National Champions: 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1999, & 2000

"Only Time will tell how far Georgia Southern will go. But there is no limit to its ambitions."
    -The Sporting News Sept 14, 1983

First Class FCS Ruler Catamount87's Avatar
    My Team
    Western Carolina

Is there any FCS team that doesn't want to get GA State on the schedule?

Top FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Catamount87 View Post
    Maybe Rhode Island?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tigonian02 View Post
    Maybe Rhode Island?
    Kennesaw State this year? (This year only)

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

At the same time, what's really the appeal of playing Georgia State? The payout will be modest, the environment terrible and it's a plane trip (granted easy airport to access) for a lot of teams. Eastern Michigan is the same thing imo. Neither one seems like an interesting FBS opponent for Lehigh.....
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

We have no reason to play Georgia State, unless they would pay us a ****ton of money.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 '17 '18 & '19 National Champions

My Team
    Southeastern Louisiana

I think Southeastern has a really good shot at picking up a W over Ohio University. They are eager to prove themselves and that would be the best way to do it. We also are on quite the drought for wins over the FBS so we're due. Hopefully it doesn't just roll out like the Tulane game last year...

Ill also donate $5 to Mcneese if they beat LSU.... I probably won't if you do but that would be pretty sweet.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Rooms View Post
    I think Southeastern has a really good shot at picking up a W over Ohio University. They are eager to prove themselves and that would be the best way to do it. We also are on quite the drought for wins over the FBS so we're due. Hopefully it doesn't just roll out like the Tulane game last year...

Ill also donate $5 to Mcneese if they beat LSU.... I probably won't if you do but that would be pretty sweet.
    SELA looked terrible against Tulane last year. Ohio, imo, will be a stronger opponent relative to the Green Wave. Solich is a very solid coach so the Bobcats are always well prepared. Plus, Athens is not an easy place to play.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

My Team
    Liberty

Liberty's offense has a chance to be the best we have ever had. We did lose a little on the o line, but the depth is good. The Weapons are so good that LU will put up points in buckets. 2 1000 yard rushers, All American receiver, amazing and way underrated QB, and many more.

The D lost quite a bit. The depth on the line and the LB corps is going to be just fine. The question is the defensive backfield. The Flames lost a lot and the starters will be pretty young over all. Most got quite a bit of time last year and grew. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Special teams should be special. The best kicker in the country and a punter who is a solid consistent boomer. KR and PR have the talent to be really good but struggled early last year.

Overall, LU will be really good and should beat GaSt.

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerGSU View Post
    I would be surprised if Liberty did not beat GA State. I saw a little of the App State game last year and the team looked strong. Not sure if you lost any key players but you should still be able to exit the Dome with a win...be sure to bring plenty of fans, GA State doesn't have Georgia Southern visiting this year to help them meet minimum attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    SELA looked terrible against Tulane last year. Ohio, imo, will be a stronger opponent relative to the Green Wave. Solich is a very solid coach so the Bobcats are always well prepared. Plus, Athens is not an easy place to play.
    Tulane is more talented than Ohio ... a lot more talented. FBS games are always tough but we'll match up well with the Bobcats physically. It's a game we can win if we play well.

My Team
    Abilene Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    At the same time, what's really the appeal of playing Georgia State? The payout will be modest, the environment terrible and it's a plane trip (granted easy airport to access) for a lot of teams. Eastern Michigan is the same thing imo. Neither one seems like an interesting FBS opponent for Lehigh.....
    double post. please delete.