Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TSN Top FCS Venues by League

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

TSN Top FCS Venues by League

Pretty cool....

Been to Goodman, Fargo Dome, Washington-Griz, Bobcat Stadium and The Yale Bowl....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...05_31_2013.htm
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

My real name is Bisontownmocks
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: TSN Top FCS Venues by league

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Re: TSN Top FCS Venues by League

I should really get a Kickstarter going to fund me and my family going to all of these stadiums (well, except Goodman, the Yale Bowl, and Williams stadium, which I've been to )
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

AGS Governor-General of South Canada NoDak 4 Ever's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

I said this on Bisonville but the UNI dance thing was something I must have missed but it could have been a couples only slow dance by the end of the game with this few people.

The reason Ursus says "probably"

My Team
    The Citadel

Dumbass who wrote this didn't get the memo that Appy and GSU not FCS anymore...duh!
    "Everybody has a plan until they get hit." - Mike Tyson
    "You're never completely worthless, because you can always serve as a bad example." - Mr. Doubletalk

My Team
    Lafayette

TSN... ok, let's break this down...

2012 FCS Attendance Average: 7,206 (No. 63 in FCS; No. 3 in Patriot League)
    Number three... 3! In this case, three<1... 1, 2, 3 Who is number one? Lafayette...

What's Great: Located in a rural valley with the scenic South Mountain and its fall foliage serving as a backdrop, it's hard to beat the outdoor setting surrounding a Lehigh home game.
    Uh, Fisher Field provides the same view, minus an interstate and coke furnaces.

The students come out to tailgate in a big way and fans take advantage of the grassy hill overlooking the south end zone, bringing an intimate feeling to a game.
    Wha... WHAT?? Ok, the drunk Fountain Fowl like to drink, but take a look at their 'student section' and it's about 25 frat bros wearing turd stains and chanting cliche "safety school" and "you can't do that" chants.

And INTIMATE?? When seats at the 50-yard line put you further away from the action that sitting at the 5-yard line? Maybe intimate with a sunburn and some wasps... Not to mention the PA announcer who drools over the microphone and sounds worse than a New York City subway conductor over the PA.

Plus the academically strong league takes its football seriously, with football scholarships being introduced this season to raise the level of play even higher.
    The league takes its academics seriously, not Lehigh. Dead last in APR by a wide margin behind the other schools? I did not know physical education and communications were such difficult majors.

Mountain Hawks fans support the home team well.
    ... which is why they are ranked third in attendance...

Their rivalry with Lafayette is the most-played in college football (it hits 149 on Nov. 23 at Goodman Stadium).
    ... and accounts for a majority of their attendance.

So TSN, how did Rahm Emanuel put it once? F----g retards...

Courtesy of UNHWildCats

"Win, but be careful not to win too much. It's not healthy for our institution." - Lafayette Athletics Mission Statement

"And [Bucknell] is a big game because?" - flyfisher

"Because it's what we have. You want bigger, buy a s#!t brown sweatshirt with Chicken Squawks on the front."
    - carney2

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by BullDog85 View Post
    Dumbass who wrote this didn't get the memo that Appy and GSU not FCS anymore...duh!
    Seriously, this must be a joke. I have been to Georgia Southern a few times, although not in that last couple years,and I did not think it came close to Johnson Hagood Stadium even if they were not leaving. If we are simply talking about attendance, that is one thing, but for the overall game day experience, convenience, and quality of facilities, JHS is right up there with any venue in FCS.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Another pointless rant by Pardlife

Hey genius, why do you think Lafayette led the league in attendance? LC-LU? Over the last 30 years who's had the better attendance on average?

As of 2009, Lehigh led the league in attendance 18/19 years. My guess is they led the league in 2011 as well. So what is that? Like 19/22 years?
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; May 31st, 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

AGS Governor-General of South Canada NoDak 4 Ever's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Seriously, this must be a joke. I have been to Georgia Southern a few times, although not in that last couple years,and I did not think it came close to Johnson Hagood Stadium even if they were not leaving. If we are simply talking about attendance, that is one thing, but for the overall game day experience, convenience, and quality of facilities, JHS is right up there with any venue in FCS.
    Well, for one...there are probably women at Paulson. That's something.
    The reason Ursus says "probably"

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak 4 Ever View Post
    Well, for one...there are probably women at Paulson. That's something.
    Maybe, but if you have never been to a Citadel game, there are lots of CoC and medical school students hanging around trolling for men. And Charleston girls are just a bit better than Statesboro gals.