Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova @ Stony Brook

First Class FCS Ruler

Nova @ Stony Brook

A bit ambitious with this thread as it is only Sunday, but let's get the conversation rolling as I am very excited to play a team I am not familiar with who will be joining the CAA next year. Anyone from Stony Brook willing to share info about their team? Who should Nova beware of, etc?

Here's a link from the Philly Inquirer

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._playoffs.html

Interesting that Priore was UPenn's O coordinator for 8 years, so he's somewhat familiar with Andy Talley football teams.

I do think that Nova deserved a bye over UNH, but it is what it is. I am just glad Nova is here because at the beginning of the season not much was expected from this team. Andy Talley definitely deserves coach of the year in the CAA in my opinion. This Nova team is incredibly young, but have matured quite well over the season.

Nova has rushed for 300+ yards in 4 of its last 5 games. I'm thinking that Nova's O-line and the battle of the trenches will be the key to the game, as usual. Kevin Monangai lead the CAA in rushing this year and QB John Robertson was 4th in rushing in the CAA.

My Team
    Villanova

Re: Nova @ Stony Brook

Roadtrip back to back weekends, I think so. Nova should get a decent away crowd up on LI, probably the best spot for an away crowd actually.

One trivial question, do playoff stats count towards single season/career records? If so watch out for Monangai to pick up the 31 yards he needs to move into 2nd all time for single season rushing.

But I'm looking forward to this game, I think it will be a great matchup
    "Anybody can catch a winning touchdown pass or hit a home run, but there’s not too many people who can save a life.” - Matt Szczur

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

Quote Originally Posted by VUCats02 View Post
    A bit ambitious with this thread as it is only Sunday, but let's get the conversation rolling as I am very excited to play a team I am not familiar with who will be joining the CAA next year. Anyone from Stony Brook willing to share info about their team? Who should Nova beware of, etc?
    the running game...............and when you put 8 in the box........Essington can hurt you with play action.......he's #1 in passing efficiency.........SBU as a team is #6 in rushing (#2 of non-option teams........
    1-AA is tops!!

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by HailSzczur View Post
    Roadtrip back to back weekends, I think so. Nova should get a decent away crowd up on LI, probably the best spot for an away crowd actually.

One trivial question, do playoff stats count towards single season/career records? If so watch out for Monangai to pick up the 31 yards he needs to move into 2nd all time for single season rushing.

But I'm looking forward to this game, I think it will be a great matchup
    I was wondering the same thing. Hope someone can confirm whether or not playoff stats count towards regular season stats or not. I'm pretty sure they do count in the FBS>

three guys:

MIGUEL MAYSONET, MARCUS COKER, KYLE ESSINGTON.

Learn those names.

Huge game. It's an honor to host such a great team like Villanova. Setting up a nice rivalry already for next year. I Hope you all enjoy being out in Long Island... Not in hempstead (Hofstra), but this time at Stony Brook!

This is great for our University to have such a great name play the Brook. Our University is growing and improving year by year so having Villanova play at the Brook is huge. I'm buying my tickets tomorrow and hope to see a great Villanova crowd out here next saturday.

Go Seawolves
    Everything a Stony Brook Fan Needs:

Everything a Stony Brook Fan Needs:

SBU FANS Message Board - http://sbufan.createaforum.com/index.php

BROOK LAND: https://brook.land/

WUSB.FM Radio & Sports Blog: http://sbradiosports.blogspot.com/

Official Site: http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/

Best game of the opening round IMO

Major FCS Advocate TheBoyWhoSeaWolf's Avatar

Essington likes to throw primarily to Kevin Norrell, who's had a great year (14 TDs). I think a key thing for Stony Brook is they had a BYE this week, so they'll be well rested. It's really disappointing that Optimum (the primary cable provider on Long Island) doesn't carry ESPN3.

Great game and great opponent. CAA vs Future CAA teams. I expect a sellout plus. Already got my tickets. Welcome to Long Island Wildcats.

First Class FCS Ruler

Considering a huge percentage of Villanova students are from Long Island, I would hope that there would be a good turnout student-wise for this game from Nova kids. They will all be home for Thanksgiving weekend, so the timing works out perfectly. I many students actually show up, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyWhoSeaWolf View Post
    Essington likes to throw primarily to Kevin Norrell, who's had a great year (14 TDs). I think a key thing for Stony Brook is they had a BYE this week, so they'll be well rested. It's really disappointing that Optimum (the primary cable provider on Long Island) doesn't carry ESPN3.

They did but it's not live yet.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/04/c...isney-company/