Thread: GSU lands Pittsburg QB

GSU lands Pittsburg QB

Brentley to Grambling

Perry quarterback Desmond Brentley will attend Grambling State University (La.). Brentley was the Post-Gazette City League Player of the Year and a Post-Gazette Fabulous 22 selection. He threw for more than 2,000 yards each of the past two seasons.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06095/679481-49.stm

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
    STRENGTHS
    Accuracy / Consistency, Field Vision, Poise and Leadership
    AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
    Release

Brentley has all the tools that you would want in a quarterback. he is a leader, has above average arm strength, he is accurate, and makes sound decisions. The one knock on him is he tends to throw with a 3/4 release, but he is effective.

Biography:
    Final SR (11-2) Season Stats: completed 109 of 206 passes for 2,226 yards and 29 touchdowns. For his career, Brentley threw for 4, 454 yards and 67 touchdowns.
    Brentley was named to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "Fab 22" team. Named first team Associated Press Class AAA All-State.

Final JR Season stats: Brentley completed 147 of 236 pass attempts, for 2,117 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2004.

Brentley was named first team Associated Press Class AAA All-State, first team All-City League, City League Offensive MVP, and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette “Fabulous 22” as a junior.

Scouting Report Brentley is considered to be a more polished QB then Rod Rutherford was coming out of high school. He plays with a tremendous will to win. He is a big, physical kid who stands in the pocket, but has the mobility to elude the rush.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=141&p=8...697&refid=4927
    The ICON that is Grambling
    22 SWAC CHAMPIONSHIPS:08,05,02,01,00,94,89,85,83,80,79,78,77,74,73,72,71 ,68,67,66,65,60.
    14 BCF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS: 08,05,02,01,00,92,83,80,77,75,74,72,67,55

AGS FCS Champion SunCoastBlueHen's Avatar
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Grambling was getting a transfer QB from the University of Pittsburgh and was dying to know if Wannstedt released him from his scholarship.

Sounds like a nice recruit for the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by SunCoastBlueHen
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Grambling was getting a transfer QB from the University of Pittsburgh and was dying to know if Wannstedt released him from his scholarship.

Ditto and ditto. Congrats GSU.

FCS Champion

Me too - except I thought Georgia Southern had gotten the QB from University of Pittsburgh :o

Major FCS Advocate
    im sure most on here will think the same clicking the thread...i though it was about Georgia Southern and Wandsdetts Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by darussian12
    im sure most on here will think the same clicking the thread...i though it was about Georgia Southern and Wandsdetts Pittsburgh
    Only for a split sec...then I saw that Mach posted the thread and knew he was talking about Grambling.

Where, and what, in the hell is Pittsburg though?

Master FCS Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by rokamortis
    Me too - except I thought Georgia Southern had gotten the QB from University of Pittsburgh :o

No way would Wandstedde release him to Grambling and they play each other in 2007. :nod:

First Class FCS Ruler
    Quote Originally Posted by bandl
    Only for a split sec...then I saw that Mach posted the thread and knew he was talking about Grambling.

Where, and what, in the hell is Pittsburg though?
    Pittsburg State, a DII school in Kansas ?

We need to quit dissing Wannstadt. He keeps sending us good transfers who don't like his methods, personality, or coaching style. I think if we could schedule Pitt in a game it would be another 4-5 transfers who just want to put it to him. I know Flacco is dying for that game. :nod: :nod: