Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: schools with the same fight song

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

schools with the same fight song

While watching the Nevada game tonight on ESPN i noticed that Nevade has the same fight song as Lehigh. Bucknell i believe has the same one too. Any other schools that share fight songs?

I remember quite awhile ago that somebody was giving Montana a hard time for having basically the same fight song as another school, a major I-A school from back east if I remember right (with some words changed, of course). Probably not too helpful, but I'm sure somebody else will expound.

FCS Ruler
    Those rat bast*rds at Wisconsin have the same fight song "On Wisconsin"(music) as my old junior high, the Oak Street Bobcats, "Forward Oak Street". I'm sure we'll be suing them for copyright infringment any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod
    I remember quite awhile ago that somebody was giving Montana a hard time for having basically the same fight song as another school, a major I-A school from back east if I remember right (with some words changed, of course). Probably not too helpful, but I'm sure somebody else will expound.
    I believe this is the song to which you refer (from Georgia Tech):

Up with the White and Gold

Oh well it's up with the white and gold
    Down with the red and black
    Georgia Tech is out for a victory.
    We'll drop our battle axe on Georgia's head
    When we meet her our team is sure to beat her.
    Down on the old farm there'll be no sound
    Till our bow-wow's rip through the air.
    When the battle is over Georgia's team will be found
    With the Yellow Jackets swarming round.

...and I thought Montana's fight song lyrics were archaic! Well, okay, maybe they're both archaic (but they're both from the 1920s, I think, so the image of raccoon coats that comes to mind is pretty accurate).

Okay I just listed to "Up with the White and Gold", and while it is clearly the basis for "Up with Montana", it has a bunch of curlicues and filigree in it that "Up with Montana" lacks, there are some measures that differ slightly, and UwM is played at a much faster tempo--all of which, in my undoubtedly biased opinion, make it a much more rousing tune.

Listen for yourself:

Up with Montana

Up with the White and Gold

I like Montana's pace better, especially when they kick it up a notch the second time around, and the flourish at the end kicks it up one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub
    Those rat bast*rds at Wisconsin have the same fight song "On Wisconsin"(music) as my old junior high, the Oak Street Bobcats, "Forward Oak Street". I'm sure we'll be suing them for copyright infringment any day.
    My high school has the On Wisconsin music as well. Best fight song in college sports belongs to Army.

Michigan stole my high school's fight song!!! :mad: :nonono2:

It's the easiest fight song to play I've ever heard....think "High School Band" difficulty.
    No FCS national board comes close to AGS and the great members and visitors make that true day after day. Others want to trumpet their snoot but it is all pollute. Sorry, facts are facts. The AGS community is strong and vibrant, backed by actual numbers. Thanks AGS for being the frontrunner and champ. Imitation is flattering but cheapsters are soon found out.

Yale and Oklahoma share one to the tune of "Boomer Sooner."

I don't think anyone else has ours. You can listen to No. 5 on the link below. There are about 40 other songs recorded from half time shows. Feel free to listen to several as the Southerners are a very good band. Overlook the Flaggots (male flag carriers).

http://www.marchingsoutherners.org/media/
    Jacksonville State University
    The only school to win the Triple Crown of National Championships--Football, Basketball, and Baseball

www.gojaxstate.net

FCS Ruler
    How nutty is it that more than 35 years after the fact I can still sing, word for word, my junior high fight song? My older brother can still sing it too. Are we just goofy or are there others out there equally nuts? :coach: