Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Country's First NCAA Div I Playoffs Automatic Qualifier

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Country's First NCAA Div I Playoffs Automatic Qualifier

In light of the 45-20 win by Central Arkansas over Northwestern State today, coupled with Sam Houston State's 38-9 win over Southeastern Louisiana... your first NCAA DIVISION I AUTOMATIC QUALIFIER of the year is the...

-The Terror-

Re: The Country's First NCAA Div I Playoffs Automatic Qualifier

Congrats to SHSU. There's quite a few good candidates for the Eddie Robinson award this year, and if SHSU finishes 11-0 I think Fritz should get it.
    Six National Championships. All won via a playoff in the second highest level of football.

Congrats Kats, Bison are pullin for ya.....humble classy fans, wish more of our fans were like you guys

Quote Originally Posted by FCS_pwns_FBS View Post
    Congrats to SHSU. There's quite a few good candidates for the Eddie Robinson award this year, and if SHSU finishes 11-0 I think Fritz should get it.
    I agree...

There are a few good candidates (particularly if Towson or Maine win the CAA this year - plus if NDSU goes undefeated), but I do not think you can look past what Fritz has accomplished in year #2 at the helm. If SHSU goes undefeated, you will be looking at a team that was picked No. 4 and No. 5 in the two SLC preseason polls.

I am not sure we can finish the regular season undefeated, but that'd be something!
    -The Terror-

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    I agree...

There are a few good candidates (particularly if Towson or Maine win the CAA this year - plus if NDSU goes undefeated), but I do not think you can look past what Fritz has accomplished in year #2 at the helm. If SHSU goes undefeated, you will be looking at a team that was picked No. 4 and No. 5 in the two SLC preseason polls.

I am not sure we can finish the regular season undefeated, but that'd be something!

True.

4th-5th prediction in conference....to winning it with no loses....pretty impressive.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    I agree...

Yeah you can. Your defense is better than ours and the Bears shut down the demons to under 100 yards in the second half and 0 points. The Bears are peaking!

Quote Originally Posted by UCABEAR View Post
    You're welcome.
    I've always been a Bears fan (outside of when you play Sam). Talk to Monty often!

Yeah you can. Your defense is better than ours and the Bears shut down the demons to under 100 yards in the second half and 0 points. The Bears are peaking!
    UCABEAR - after today, I'll give a good look at UCA's at-large chances. Perhaps the OVC shake-up this weekend was beneficial to the cause...
    -The Terror-

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Watched the game today... UCA defense was dominating today. I think that is the best the Bear defense has looked all season. I truly think UCA should be in the playoffs and will be a team to be reckoned with if so... Kats have outscored their last two opponents 104-9.

FCS PLAYOFFS!! (1991,2001,2004,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016, 2017)

Congrats to SHSU! We hope to join you guys next week.
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 National Champions
    Proud student at North Dakota State University
    Sports diatribes and other miscellaneous content on Twitter @kroth37
    Also dig the Missouri Valley Football Conference Blog!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by katstrapper View Post
    Watched the game today... UCA defense was dominating today. I think that is the best the Bear defense has looked all season. I truly think UCA should be in the playoffs and will be a team to be reckoned with if so... Kats have outscored their last two opponents 104-9.
    Wow! That's not outscoring, that's dominating!

What is this about the OVC? (sorry, I'm not a logistics person when it comes to who needs to lose and who needs to win to make it to the playoffs.