Get rid of the D-IAA games
The alternative scheduling to make everyone happy
By Pete Fiutak

Let me start off by going on the record with my belief that teams are nuts not to schedule a game against a D-IAA team to start the season. With no preseason games like the NFL has, it's crazy not to have a tune up before playing a meaningful game. However, most dates against D-IAA teams are used to make lots of money with an easy win. Fans don't like these games and they're of little use in the college football big picture.

Save your argument that the best D-IAA teams are better than the bottom 25 D-I teams. I don't care. If they're so good, move up to D-I and then we can talk. Until then, D-I teams should play other D-I teams. It's not fair to make fans shell out money for a meaningless blowout over a minor league college football team when the easiest of adjustments could produce far more interesting matchups.

Below are 70 games that match D-I vs. D-IAA teams and my easy alternatives for how to make college football a better sport for all.

Northern Arizona at Arizona State, Aug. 31
The week off helps because … It’s a needed opening day tune up before a good stretch against Nevada, at Colorado, at Cal, Oregon and at USC.
Rhode Island at Connecticut, Aug. 31
The week off helps because … It doesn’t. The Huskies don’t play a real game until September 16th against Wake Forest.
Therefore, the game that makes sense is … Connecticut at Arizona State (It would be a decent battle to fuel arguments between two BCS leagues.)

SE Louisiana at New Mexico State, Aug. 31
The week off helps because … Hal Mumme is still looking for his first win at the Aggie head man.
Stephen F. Austin at Tulsa, Aug. 31
The week off helps because … It’s a good warm up before a road trip to BYU.
Therefore, the game that makes sense is … New Mexico State at Tulsa (It’s better than the alternative. It would be a good early test to see where Mumme’s Aggie program is.)

Eastern Illinois at Illinois, Sept. 2
The week off helps because … Ron Zook could use a season-opening win before going to Rutgers.
Murray State at Missouri, Sept. 2
The week off helps because … The Tigers could use a warm up to get over the Brad Smith era before facing Ole Miss.
Therefore, the game that makes sense is … Illinois vs. Missouri (Play it in St. Louis for a great border war.)

Sacramento State at Boise State, Sept. 2
The week off helps because … The Chris Peterson era could use a preseason game before facing Oregon State five days later on a Thursday night.
Montana State at Colorado, Sept. 2
The week off helps because … Colorado State, Arizona State, at Georgia and at Missouri follows.
Therefore, the game that makes sense is … Boise State at Colorado (Dan Hawkins’ old and new teams)

Montana at Iowa, Sept. 2
The week off helps because … No one does opening day blowouts like Iowa. It comes before a trip to Syracuse.
Northwestern State at Kansas, Sept. 2
The week off helps because … The Jayhawks can’t use enough tune-ups for UL Monroe.
Therefore, the game that makes sense is … Kansas at Iowa (If Iowa has so many problems with Iowa State, would Kansas be just as much trouble?)......

There is more in the article here is the link.
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...scheduling.htm