http://plainsdaily.com/entry/the-nex...it-lake-sioux/

Spirit Lake Nation is the only Sioux tribe that lies fully within the boundaries of North Dakota, and it is the closest Sioux reservation to Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota. The tribe voted overwhelmingly to support UND’s use of the Fighting Sioux nickname, although Standing Rock Nation’s council did not.
Black Cloud indicated that “something big” is coming from Spirit Lake, but would not say exactly what was planned. However, it was clear that the tribe has decided to continue fighting to keep the Fighting Sioux name alive. “I’m peeling my gloves off. I’m ready to fight these guys.”

I would like to push for a discrimination case against the NCAA. They are discriminating against Native Americans in this whole thing,” he said. “You have six other established tribes that have given their namesake and permission…Why is it so hard to allow us that permission?…One tribe should have been enough.

“It is not about UND anymore,” stated Black Cloud. “It’s about the discrimination and the disrespect that NCAA has shown the people here and the voting parties of Spirit Lake. They wanted us to go away quietly, but we’re not going to.”
Thank you Spirit Lake for all your support and blessing throughout this process. It is sad that the NCAA would grant FSU, CMU, Utah 1 tribal permission but UND had to have two and one of them is mostly in South Dakota. I hope the NCAA gets what is coming to them. But they know how the Indians feel about nicknames as they are in Indianapolis.