Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funding approved for new Fargodome turf in 2012 season

Funding approved for new Fargodome turf in 2012 season

Per http://www.bisonmedia.areavoices.com (I do not know the link to the specific blog post.)

It will cost $3 million (this includes the turf, a new storage pit and a mechanized system for the turf) and only needs a rubber stamp from the Fargo City Commission. The Dome Authority approved the funding, just needs the commissioners' OK. We still do not know if the turf will be AstroTurf's PureGrass or GameDay3D.

Great news.
    Look down and see what the next person has to say . . .

Re: Funding approved for new Fargodome turf in 2012 season

Yes, yes, and yes. Awesome news.

The issue of naming rights has me very concerned. If you thought yellow pinwheels were bad....

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    The issue of naming rights has me very concerned. If you thought yellow pinwheels were bad....
    Doesn't the NCAA prohibit advertising space on football fields?? I have never seen that kind of thing on a college field, and I know the NFL does not allow it. I think only the naming sponsor of the stadium is allowed to have their logo on the field in the NFL, and I think there are size restrictions. I have never seen an advertisement on an NCAA field.

Only place I see that kind of thing, where there a bunch of advertisments on the field, is in the CFL.

If someone like Scheels buys naming rights, they may be able to have "SCHEELS FIELD" in regular print, but not the font of the company logo.

First Class FCS Ruler Jacked_Rabbit's Avatar

As much as I hated playing on it, that old school carpet was definitely an advantage for the Bison. They were used to playing in tennis shoes, while I (and I'm sure everyone else) felt like a complete D-Bag not having spikes on... Once they get this new field turf installed, expect a lesser advantage and, in turn, more losses at home.

You heard it here first! Although it is much needed, NDSU's winning percentage in the Fargo Dome will go down once field turf is installed.

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
    As much as I hated playing on it, that old school carpet was definitely an advantage for the Bison. They were used to playing in tennis shoes, while I (and I'm sure everyone else) felt like a complete D-Bag not having spikes on... Once they get this new field turf installed, expect a lesser advantage and, in turn, more losses at home.

You heard it here first! Although it is much needed, NDSU's winning percentage in the Fargo Dome will go down once field turf is installed.
    Thats debateable. It has to do with the team NOT the field. NDSU always was tough at home. But its not because of what they were running on, but with 19,000 screaming fans, plus a kick @ss team they could play on ice and be tough. Trust me they are going to be as tough on the new turf as they were on the old turf or on grass.
    UND (3-5) at E.Washington (7-2)
    1-3 BSC Record

Darell wants the precioussssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Doesn't the NCAA prohibit advertising space on football fields?? I have never seen that kind of thing on a college field, and I know the NFL does not allow it. I think only the naming sponsor of the stadium is allowed to have their logo on the field in the NFL, and I think there are size restrictions. I have never seen an advertisement on an NCAA field.

Only place I see that kind of thing, where there a bunch of advertisments on the field, is in the CFL.

If someone like Scheels buys naming rights, they may be able to have "SCHEELS FIELD" in regular print, but not the font of the company logo.
    Well they allow it for bowl games. The FBS is polluted with adverts. I just don't want to see a huge "CLOVERDALE" on the 50. Nothing against Cloverdale, they have quality products. I may be swayed to support a "Land o' Lakes" or "Whale of a Wash" sponsorship for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post

Does SDSU have an advantage playing on mud?

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyR0 View Post
    Does SDSU have an advantage playing on mud?
    I thought it was a manure field...

My Team
    Eastern Washington

Oregon State has advertising on their field. Granted it is "Reser Stadium", but it's the same logo as used by Reser foods