Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looking for 2 home games in 2012

NDSU looking for 2 home games in 2012

Two smaller-level schools are preferred for guarantees, although if we decide to play 12 games in 2013, NDSU could do a home-home with a bigger FCS (i.e. anyone from the SoCon, CAA, higher-level OVC or Southland) and return the trip in '13. That way we could still have 6 home games in '13.

Right now for 2012 we have Colorado State on the road and our 8-game conference slate, and THAT'S IT. USD comes in as the 10th MVFC school in 2012, but I think we're just replacing an eastern MVFC school with USD in that schedule. We could definitely play an NEC school in a pinch and pay a good guarantee, but we would still need one more game, which is why I thought it would be good to take advantage of 2013's 12-games and do a home-home.

Here's an incredibly evil idea:

Buy out UND's home game contract with South Dakota School of Jackhammering and Welldigging or whatever the hell the name of the NAIA school they're playing and pay UND a small guarantee to come to Fargo on that 2012 date and receive their whoopin'.

Otherwise, it would be nice to fill out that schedule as soon as possible.
    Look down and see what the next person has to say . . .

Re: NDSU looking for 2 home games in 2012

NDSU buy out UND's contract with Rapid City Community College? You do realize that the contract Faison signed probably had at least a six figure buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoal View Post
    NDSU buy out UND's contract with Rapid City Community College? You do realize that the contract Faison signed probably had at least a six figure buyout.
    Have UND buy out the contract (which I bet the buyout is no more than $100,000), then reimburse UND the buyout money and an extra 30 grand for the bus trip. You don't need a lot of guarantee money when you're talking a 75 mile trip.

Have NDSU charge a premium for tickets (add 10 bucks to the cost) to pay for the guarantee amount, but don't give many tickets to UND's ticket office. Only give them maybe 500 tickets maximum. Have the place filled to the brim with 95% Bison fans.

Now all of a sudden the 2012 schedule looks pretty good. Plus the beating of UND that comes with it is always a plus.

(Yeah, I'm starting to think that we should play UND as soon as possible just so we can beat them and move on with our respective program's missions)

Cal Poly is looking for a home game in 2012. Maybe the Bison can come here in 2012 and Cal Poly can go to Fargo in 2013. Would love to see the Bison back on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by slostang View Post
    Cal Poly is looking for a home game in 2012. Maybe the Bison can come here in 2012 and Cal Poly can go to Fargo in 2013. Would love to see the Bison back on the schedule.
    We would REALLY like 6 home games in '12. I was hoping that you could come here first, but then again last time we played you came to Fargo...

From what I have heard (not sure if it is fact or not), Cal Poly already has 6 away games and 4 home games for 2012. We have to add a 5th home game.

My Team
    North Dakota

I love the @ss whopping NDSU will give UND talk. Its hilarious!!! What is that based on?? Remember when NDSU opened the Fargodome and the first UND-NDSU game in it. Total classic 34-13 butt whopping the Sioux gave the Bison I still have it on tape. We go 3-8 and already the NDSU is mightier than UND talk comes in, didn't NDSU win 3 games in 09? And what happened the following year...playoffs. Only for us we aren't eligible yet. So save the smack talk until we actually play. Also if I was Cal Poly and NDSU wanted you to go to their home first...make sure they cannot buyout the return trip.
    UND (3-5) at E.Washington (7-2)
    1-3 BSC Record

Darell wants the precioussssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darell1976 View Post
    I love the @ss whopping NDSU will give UND talk. Its hilarious!!! What is that based on?? Remember when NDSU opened the Fargodome and the first UND-NDSU game in it. Total classic 34-13 butt whopping the Sioux gave the Bison I still have it on tape. We go 3-8 and already the NDSU is mightier than UND talk comes in, didn't NDSU win 3 games in 09? And what happened the following year...playoffs. Only for us we aren't eligible yet. So save the smack talk until we actually play. Also if I was Cal Poly and NDSU wanted you to go to their home first...make sure they cannot buyout the return trip.
    Question: Is there any aspect of your team whatsoever that leads you to believe that you will win more than two games against Division I opponents next year?? Cause I sure don't see any.

2009 NDSU Bison lost a lot of close games. Plus there was the legal baggage we had to get rid of. The ability to contend was always there. You'll see us go even farther this year than last.

UND football is at the bottom and has shown no signs of lifting off the ground again. If you think that in 2011 or 2012, with the talent both teams have, that UND could bet NDSU in football... Then man, I dunno what else to say.

(I'm trying to not smack here, please don't give me any warnings, board refs...)

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Question: Is there any aspect of your team whatsoever that leads you to believe that you will win more than two games against Division I opponents next year?? Cause I sure don't see any.

2009 NDSU Bison lost a lot of close games. Plus there was the legal baggage we had to get rid of. The ability to contend was always there. You'll see us go even farther this year than last.

UND football is at the bottom and has shown no signs of lifting off the ground again. If you think that in 2011 or 2012, with the talent both teams have, that UND could bet NDSU in football... Then man, I dunno what else to say.

(I'm trying to not smack here, please don't give me any warnings, board refs...)
    We almost beat FBS N. Illinois who finished 11-3. Now you guys preach about beating Kansas (3-9) and Minnesota 1-11, but i love the we lost a lot of close games excuse...well the standings show...wins and losses, there is no losing close games column, and your 3 wins that season your opponents had a combined 5 wins (1 by Indiana St, 1 by W. Illinois, and 3 by Wagner at home). You guys rip on us for going 3-8 but we played close games too. Losing by 10 to South Dakota (who beat Minnesota), lost to Cal Poly by 1, losing at Montana by 10, and losing by 6 to NIU. We had injuries that hurt us including RB, OL, and QB. So basically our offense, but this year should be a turnaround year because in the history of UND football we don't stand to be the doormat year after year.

(Mods, please no infraction here just a responce to Bisonator's question.)
    1-3 BSC Record

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post

NDSU fans have been saying that since 1894.
    1-3 BSC Record