This game is nearly nine years away. Shouldn't CCU make more in this game if it's that far down the road? That'll probably be pennies compared to what payouts are going to be, regardless of how close CCU is to Clemson...
------
CCU football has Clemson on tap in '14

Mark your calendars, Coastal Carolina Uni-versity football fans, if you can find one thick enough.

The Chanticleers are scheduled to play Clemson at Death Valley on Sept. 6, 2014. Yes, that's 2014, as in eight years, six months and two days from now.

CCU football coach David Bennett, who served as a graduate assistant at Clemson in 1986, received the contract in the mail Thursday and couldn't wait to sign it and mail it back.

"It's huge for our program," said Bennett, who estimated the Division I-AA Chants would earn $275,000 for facing the Division I-A Tigers. "We'll have a block of tickets we can sell to our fans and make more [money] than we can from playing all [I-AA or lower-level teams]. Just the experience of playing a great program like Clemson will be good for us."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...s/14016117.htm