I'm itching for football! With SFA, I'm interested to see how the battle at QB comes out. I was impressed with Danny Southall when I saw him play, but he's got some competition right behind him. SFA, I don't think would mind that at all...

From the article below, here's a bit about what happened between the two QBs, Southall and the redshirt freshman Clint Bricker.

"Sophomore quarterback Danny Southall completed 17-of-29 (.580) passes for 169 yards and one touchdown. He also led the offense to two other scores. Southall carried the ball twice for 14 yards. Redshirt freshman Clint Bricker was 11-for-15 (.733) for 56 yards and one touchdown. Bricker finished the game completing eight of his last 10 passes."

----------
`Jacks Hold First Spring Scrimmage

SFA football team took part in a 100-play scrimmage Sunday afternoon

Feb. 26, 2006

NACOGDOCHES - The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack football team held its first of three spring scrimmages Sunday afternoon at Homer Bryce Stadium. The scrimmage pitted the No. 1 offense versus the No. 1 defense and the No. 2 offense against the No. 2 defense.

"We accomplished what we wanted to accomplish this afternoon. We wanted to get in 100 plays and we finished with 101," said SFA head coach Robert McFarland. "We had some good and bad on both sides of the ball. We ran a very base defense this afternoon just throwing a couple of fronts and a couple coverages at the offense. We didn't run any of our blitz packages today. The offensive line has struggled at times, but I have been very pleased with their progression. I'm also very pleased with our skill players. The good thing is we still have 10 practices left, and right now we're looking to get better with each of them."

http://sfajacks.collegesports.com/sp...022606aaa.html