This was a really eye-opening article for me:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-296921

If schools like Florida and Ohio State are losing money on BCS bowl games...then truly the only ones making money are the bowl games themselves and TV.

And the bowl games fight tooth and nail for every last dollar by pretending to be on the side of the schools and against the commercialization that a playoff would bring. What a lie.

Now what I can't understand is what possible motivation college presidents have to defend the bowl tradition so vehemently. It can't be just for tradition's sake!

I always thought the presidents wanted the bowls because their schools made so much money off them...but that's just not true. So what can it be? Are the bowl games making threats to the presidents? IE, support the bowl games or we'll make sure you don't get xxx donations?

Interesting, to say the least. Only way this thing is going to get brought down for the mafia-run speakeasy that it is will be to get the federal government involved.

And the worst part of this, to me, is that all this money that goes into the pockets of bowl game and TV executives is being made on the backs of 20 year olds that kill themselves for no pay. Oh yeah right, they supposedly get a free undergraduate degree. Too bad most players have no time to study and take advantage of it and are so exhausted from the more than 40+ hours a week (wink wink) that they put in during the season. (yes I do realize that some players work their butts off to make sure they take advantage of their educational opportunities - I'm thankful for them....it's just too bad that *every* player doesn't view his time in college the same way)

Ok, off the soap box.