Since this is Veteran's Day weekend, I am sure a number of schools have Military Appreciation Day, I am particularly proud of what Chattanooga does...

First, we have an active Alum, 4-star Gen. BB Bell (retired) who has helped revive the ROTC program at UTC (which used to be a big part of the University when it was a private school).

*Today, any active or retired military personnel were admitted for free (if they showed ID).
*They had a number of military vehicles on display outside the stadium.
*They fired a cannon after TDs (7 of them ) that was so loud it literally made the windows shake in the sky boxes (awesome!)
*All of UTC's coaches and most of the AD staff wore camo pants (and some even wore boots). The Chancellor wore a complete set of fatigues and even fired the cannon.
*all the normal school pennants and flags were removed from the stadium and replaced with the Stars and Stripes, along with red, white and blue bunting at the bottom of the stands.

*Gen Bell got a B1 Stealth Bomber (from South Dakota) to do a flyover before the game (amazing)

*at half time, honor guards from all 5 service branches displayed their colors and flags while the marching band played the official song of each branch.
*a large flag was displayed on the field by reserve members.

*there was a 21 gun salute.

*a bugler played taps.

*a local bagpipe group played amazing grace.

As the grandson of Marine who was wounded in action at Okinawa (he was shot twice while trying to remove wounded members of his company from the battlefield), it was hard not to shed a tear at this patriotic display.

I was just wondering what other schools do like this. I know we played the Citadel last year during Veteran's Day weekend and many of them made a point to say how much they liked and appreciated what Chattanooga did.