Here are a few clarifications for the playoff field of 20: The Ivy League does not participate in the playoffs- The SWAC will send its division champions to the SWAC title game. Teams ineligible: ???. A team must also reach 7 D1 wins to be eligible for an at large berth most likely. – ALSO there are teams with still a chance of winning their Autobid but I have not listed due to upcoming schedule and belief that they will lose but will add back in coming weeks as the potential field shrinks.

Below, are prospects of FCS teams that can still entertain realistic playoff hopes. Schools are ranked by their chances of making the playoffs, as determined by Me. Current overall and conference records are in parentheses, and each team’s remaining schedule is listed with a brief synopsis of its chances. The adds of AQ means they received the Autobid or IN means I believe they have already made the field,regardless of how they finish. The rank below is based on being in the playoffs not where I believe they will be seated

1. Robert Morris (8-1, 7-0 NEC)
The Games: at Bryant

Outlook: AQ Get ready for Round 1 you are in.

2. Appalachian State (8-1, 6-1 Southern)
The Games: Wofford, at Florida

Outlook: IN As I thought ASU hit a Wall on Saturday now a must win vs Wofford but regardless they have already qualified. Win the next two and get a top two seed.

3. Jacksonville State (8-1, 5-1 OVC)
The Games: SEMO St, at Tenn Tech

Outlook: IN Jax State also had a rough weekend but they need to regroup a huge game this weekend and if they win out they are back in discussion for a Top seed.

4. Wofford (8-1, 6-0 Southern)
The Games: at ASU, UTC

Outlook: IN How did everyone miss this – the Terriers appear to be the best team in the SoCon and next week that will be determined on the field. In line for a Top Seed.

5. Delaware (8-1, 5-1 CAA)
The Games: at UMass, Villanova

Outlook: IN Delaware looks to be the number 2 team this week and they are in line for a top two seed if they win out.

6. Montana State (8-2, 6-1 Big Sky)
The Games: at Montana

Outlook: IN The Bobcats once again control their destiny but the showdown with Montana awaits

7. Bethune Cookman (9-0. 6-0 MEAC)
The Games: Howard, at Fla. A&M

Outlook: IN A narrow escape and other losses are making this team look like a top seed

8. SE MO State (8-1, 6-0 OVC)
The Games: at Jax St.

Outlook: IN Another surprise this year and they have a real shot of winning the Autobid in this week with a monster game – perhaps a top seed?

9. William & Mary (7-2, 5-1 CAA)
The Games: at JMU, Richmond

Outlook: Perhaps the number 1 team this week – not sure why 2 losses should not put you at number 1 but I will go with it. Still two tough games ahead and while I think they are in not ready to call it – I hear there are QB injuries – that could change everything.

10. Villanova (6-3, 4-2 CAA)
The Games: N. Hamp, at Delaware

Outlook: Talk about your bad weekends Villanova is in a mess – why take a look at the next two games – win one and you secure a postseason berth.

11. SF Austin (7-2, 4-1 Southland)
The Games: SE Louis, NWstern St.

Outlook: Looks as if the remaining schedule favors the Lumberjacks as they cannot afford to lose another.

12. Liberty (7-2, 4-0 Big South)
The Games: at Coastal Car., Stony Brook

Outlook: The flames just need to win out and they will play most likely in Round 1.

13. E. Washington (7-2, 6-1 Big Sky)
The Games: S. Utah, Idaho State

Outlook: EW needs to win out to stay in the discussion and conference race.

14. Lehigh (7-2, 3-0 Patriot)
The Games: at Georgetown, at Layfayette

Outlook: Lehigh seems to be the lone team alive from the Patriot and if they win out will most likely play in round 1.

15. Cal Poly (7-3, 2-1 Great West)
The Games: UC Davis

Outlook: A team that is looking like it needs help any loss will dash their playoff hopes.

16. South Carolina State (7-2. 5-1 MEAC)
The Games: at Morgan State, at NC A&T

Outlook: A top 10 team most of the year I think SCST is still in control of a playoff berth but they have to win out – 1 loss will make it difficult.

17. Northern Iowa (6-3, 5-1 MVC)
The Games: MO St, at W. Illinois

Outlook: A wild race that UNI still can control – will they?

18. Montana (6-3, 5-2 Big Sky)
The Games: North Dakota, at Montana State

Outlook: The Grizzles have not been playing norm this year and if not careful could put themselves out of playoff contention with another loss.

19. Massachussets (6-3, 4-2 CAA)
The Games: at Delaware, R. Island

Outlook: I like the chances of Mass but they need to win out and they need a big victory this weekend over Delaware.

20. Ga Southern (5-4, 3-3 Southern)
The Games: at WCU, at Furman

Outlook: Just like I said they did beat ASU and now I believe they will win out and host a first round game.

21. North Dakota State (6-3, 3-3 MVC)
The Games: SDakSt, at MOSt

Outlook: Need to keep winning and secure a post season berth.

22. Western Illinois (6-3, 4-2 MVC)
The Games: at S. Illinois, UNI

Outlook: Will need to win out and I believe they are in.

23. New Hampshire (5-4, 3-3 CAA)
The Games: at Villanova, Towson

Outlook: A big loss they must win out to secure a bid

24. Furman (5-4, 3-3 Southern)
The Games: at Elon, GSU

Outlook: Still in the mix if they can win out!

25. Chattanooga (5-4, 4-2 Southern)
The Games: Samford, at Wofford

Outlook: The best 4 loss team in the country – can they get in with 4 losses – oh and they have to win the last two.

26. Central Arkansas (6-3, 3-2 Southland)
The Games: Sam Houston St., McNeese St.

Outlook: They must win out the McNeese St game could decide a playoff berth.

27. S. Utah (6-4, 4-0 Great West)
The Games: at E. Washington

Outlook: A lot of press for S. Utah all of a sudden – a win over EWU will be helpful but how does their schedule look to the committee.

28. Jacksonville (9-1, 7-0 Pioneer)
The Games: Campbell

Outlook: The game at ASU was the real test – one they lost but they are putting up impressive numbers – to be in the discussion they need the CAA to start eliminating each other.

29. Richmond (5-4, 3-3 CAA)
The Games: R. Island, at W&M

Outlook: The Spiders are still alive and if they run the table will grab a playoff spot

30. Florida A&M (6-3. 5-1 MEAC)
The Games: Hampton, Bethune Cookman

Outlook: Still alive but how many bids will this conference get? I say two….

31. McNeese State (5-4, 4-1 Southland)
The Games: Texas St, at Central Arkansas

Outlook: Now they must win the next two for an at large.

32. Stony Brook (5-4, 4-0 Big South)
The Games: Gardner Webb, at Liberty

Outlook: Can win the Big South – can they beat Liberty!

Below are my current projections for the I-AA playoff field and possible match-ups, based on expectations for the remaining games this season.

Automatic Bids: Patriot: Lehigh, A10: W&M, Big Sky: Montana State, Southland: SFA, Southern: Wofford, Gateway: N.Iowa., MEAC: Bethune Cookman, OVC: Jacksonville State: Big South: Liberty :NEC: Robert Morris

At-large: ASU, SEMOSt, GSU, Villanova, Delaware, MASS, E.Wash, Cal Poly, SCSt, NDakSt

Seeds: Villanova, W&M, Bethune Cookman, Jax State , Wofford
Last In: Cal Poly, MASS, GSU
Last Out: W. Ill, McNeese St, Jacksonville

Bracket I:
Robert Morris @ Liberty winner at No. 1 W&M
E Wash @ UNI

Cal Poly @ NDak St. winner at No. 4 Bethune Cookman
Villanova @ No. 5 Jax State

Bracket II:
Lehigh @ MASS at No. 3 Delaware
SFA @ Montana State

SCSt. @ GSU winner at No. 2 Wofford