Quote Originally Posted by Tribefan
If FIU and FAU can do it. Then so should Liberty.

I am pretty familiar with what UConn had to do in order to make the jump. They have poured hundreds of millions of dollars into their program to build a state of the art 40,000 seat stadium (natural grass) and their two football practice facilities. I would not be surprised if Boise State and Nevada did about the same. All three of those schools had already existing fanbases. UConn didn't have a huge football following before the move but they are up 32,000 season season ticket holders and they are already talking about expanding the stadium to 50 or 60,000 seats.

Liberty will need to spend millions of dollars in private donations to match these kinds of efforts. Plus I am not sure where the fanbase is going to come from, but if Christian Rock is so successful then maybe Liberty football can be

I think Liberty could probably do it and it might be in their best interest to do so. Liberty does have a good bit of competition in the area of attracting religous oriented students. I-A football raises their profile much higher than any other religous school that may be competing with Liberty for students.

Liberty's road can be unlike any other school precisely because Falwell can call upon Church members for support. Instead of thinking in terms of today's typical I-AA landscape regarding Liberty, think about another small religous school with limited enrollment stuck in the middle of nowhere that raised its national reputation through football. Notre Dame comes to mind.