With Feb 1st around the corner I thought I would post a few articles about the TXST Bobcats recruiting class. Since this is public info I thought it would be nice to hear what the Div I-AA faithfull have to say.

TEXAS STATE FOOTBALL

Texas State football team welcomes eight transfers
Coach Bailiff says recruiting of high school players going well
By Bill Harrison
AMERICAN-STATESMAN

Friday, January 20, 2006

SAN MARCOS — Texas State Coach David Bailiff welcomed eight transfers to campus this week, will greet a haul of prep recruits in 12 days and possibly a contract extension after that.
Bailiff said that he and Athletic Director Larry Teis sat down Friday to discuss contract matters and that progress is being made.
"He's working on it," Bailiff said. "When recruiting's over with, we'll sit down and have a longer meeting."
New Bobcats
Eight transfers — part of a recruiting effort going "beyond belief," according to Bailiff — enrolled at Texas State this week as classes began Tuesday, including seven Division I-A transfers and one junior-college newcomer.
Purdue quarterback David Ramirez (6 feet, 2 inches, 202 pounds) jumps into a Bobcats quarterback derby this spring competing to fill the big shoes of Southland Conference player of the year Barrick Nealy. Arizona State's Mark Washington (6-3, 250) and Blinn Junior College's Julian Humble will step into the defensive line, which lost All-American Fred Evans and All-Southland Conference player Travis Upshaw.
A trio of receivers, Texas Tech's Jake Brown, Arkansas' Rick Culbert and Utah State's Cameron Luke, and a duo of place-kickers, Baylor's Drew Ireland and South Florida's Kyle Bronson, round out the spring enrollees.
Hula bound
Nealy and Evans will participate in the Hula Bowl (6 p.m., ESPN2), playing for University of Washington Coach Ty Willingham's West squad.
Nealy, who will also participate in the Feb. 22-28 NFL Combine in Indianapolis, is maintaining a blog on the teams' athletics site at txstatebobcats.com.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...0texstate.html

University Story

Texas State Spring Newcomers
http://txstatebobcats.collegesports....011806aaa.html

Things are looking good. The HS recruiting class looks just as good with several players commiting to TXST over Div I-A programs. All in all TXST will be competeing to have one of the best recruiting classes in '06.
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: