Quote Originally Posted by JMU Duke Dog
It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next decade with the schools involved in the CAA for football. Questions about Delaware, JMU, and UMass going Division I-A and about ODU or other non-football CAA members adding a Division I-AA football team will be answered. These rumors could be all talk and nothing could change; however, if these rumors or other events occur that have not even been discussed then there will be even more changes in the CAA. Regardless, college football conference alignments will continue to change for many years to come.
Duke Dog is right - nothing is really stable for long periods any longer in college sports - conference affiliations change every year and IAA is really no different. I don't think any one school has anything planned in terms of leaving, but the speed and degree of outside changes (changes in IA and IAA classification, changes in other conferences, etc) will determine how long this arrangement lasts. Should be enjoyable while we have it!