If the SoCon is the fifth best conference in the FCS (as the RPI has them), then I'm Armanti Edwards. The SoCon has clearly been the most competitive thus far with the upper-echelon of the CAA (okay, both SoCon teams played the same team, but Richmond is the co-champ of the CAA). I've said before that people have read way too much into App. State's game with McNeese State, which seems to have been a measuring stick for the entire conference this year.

The SoCon basically killed themselves by scheduling 9 BCS teams that are all in the upper half of their respective conferences. The only two winnable FBS games were a close loss to the CUSA champs (thanks to a lawn mower) and a close loss to the third best CUSA team by the sixth place SoCon team. The only OOC games that weren't FBS teams or cupcakes were McNeese State and SDSU and people have refused to look at any other OOC games.

PS...I'm not saying the SoCon is better than the CAA this year so let's put a lid on that discussion before it can get anywhere.