TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 27-9 (3-1 SLC)
Total: 113-45 (36-23 SLC)

Texas State-San Marcos @ Nicholls State - The Bobcats have a long trip to Nicholls and while the Colonels take to the ground, they showed against SHSU that they can move the ball down the field against a questionable secondary. I do question the Colonels ability to stop the Bobcats' offense and if the score goes high, it will be tough for the Colonels to win. TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

Sam Houston State @ Southeastern La. - The Bearkats roll into Hammond seeking a 2-0 start to SLC play. The Lions had an emotional come-from-behind 'Stunner in San Marcos'. I've said it before, but Brian Babin is the most overlooked QB in this league. SHSU will need to get some early stops in order to build up an advantage and be successful on the ground. Do this and they win. I do like the Kats' ground game. Look for one of the kickers in this one to get the game-winner late. Just hope it's Miguel Antonio as a Bearkat fan. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Northwestern State @ McNeese State - McNeese needs to bounce back and Northwestern State seems to be the team to do it against. The Demons loss to UCA had to sting a bit for the Demons. Not that they lost, but how they did it and at home. The 'Peveto Promise' needs to be changed from fans enjoying those for two home games to just winning two games. McNEESE STATE

** GAME OF THE WEEK ** Stephen F. Austin @ Central Arkansas - The Lumberjacks had a great first half against McNeese at home. They now hit the road and while they are the favorite in many minds to win the league title - to be the best, you have to beat the best. UCA is not eligible for the championship, but until they are beaten, the top of the standings will be theirs to lose. Moses needs to play 60 minutes and be more consistent to win.CENTRAL ARKANSAS