I knew the title of this thread would get your attention. I ran across this website and decide to join up because I am a big fan of Division I-AA football. I am also a big fan of the SWAC and MEAC, two conferences that seem to get a lot of negative comments and no respect on this site. Some suggest the MEAC shouldn't even receive an automatic bid. But have you ever wondered why the SWAC and MEAC, two conferences that have produced great NFL talent can't win Division I-AA playoff games or decide against competing for the I-AA championship. If the answer is "No" and you slammed the two conferences :nonono2: :nono: that's a pity. And if you said it is all bad coaching :nonono2: :nono: again what a pity. The MEAC and SWAC haven't done well in the playoffs mostly because the conference can't effectively recruit offensive and defensive linemen. Linemen are harder to find than skill players and there is a segment of recruits the SWAC and MEAC can't draw. There are several receivers, running backs, and other skill players from the SWAC and MEAC that have been great college and NFL players, from Walter Payton to Jerry Rice. Quick, name more than two great linemen from the two conferences. Don't strain yourself because they are few and far between. So when the MEAC and SWAC faces playoff teams they are often superior at the skill positions but outmanned upfront. And upfront is where the game is won. As for the SWAC not participating in the playoffs. SWAC schools have been underfunded for years. Those classics some of you make fun of, the Bayou Classic, and the conference championship games help SWAC schools pay the bills. The classics often draw 40,000 to 60,000 fans. Going to the playoffs draws 8,000 and doesn't help pay the bills and SWAC schools don't have the money to give up that kind of payday because without that revenue other sports can't survive. But what the SWAC and the MEAC are the best of the best in is making do with the little they receive and doing what most Division I-AA conferences can only dream of -- filling a stadium and receiving television coverage. So does the MEAC and SWAC deserve respect, yes, because the conferences face obstacles others don't and have learned to make money and grow fan bases most D I-AA schools could only dream of.