Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appalachian State Player Arrested, Suspended

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Appalachian State Player Arrested, Suspended

03-09-2009 11:42 AM

Appalachian State Player Arrested, Suspended

Watuaga County Sheriff’s Office served criminal warrants on three Appalachian State University students Thursday, March 5.

Senior building sciences major, Robert B. Simpkins, junior criminial justice major, Travis W. Dowda, and junior management major, Jeffrey A. Logan were all charged with felony first degree burglary, felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury, injury to real property and injury to personal property, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Read more ...

ASU Player Arrested

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=57300

I hate to see this happen to any school's program.

Re: ASU Player Arrested

***** can happen at any school and given time it will. I also hate to see news like this from any school. Just a heads up for those who like to throw stones..............

Must be California thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOKATS View Post
    ***** can happen at any school and given time it will. I also hate to see news like this from any school. Just a heads up for those who like to throw stones..............
    I second that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleGriz View Post
    I second that statement.
    So GSU folk should not respond to all the stones App folks threw just awhile back. I guess someone needs to give App a number to a good glass repair man. I hate to see this stuff but I find it funny when folks think there players are any different from anyone else's. Outside of the military academies and Ivies I would have not batted an eye to see any other schools name associated with this story. To me it is not whose kids are messing up it is how the school responds that make them THUG U or not.
    National Champions
    1985 1986 1989 1990 1999 2000

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7538/gsbaruj2.png

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    So GSU folk should not respond to all the stones App folks threw just awhile back. I guess someone needs to give App a number to a good glass repair man. I hate to see this stuff but I find it funny when folks think there players are any different from anyone else's. Outside of the military academies and Ivies I would have not batted an eye to see any other schools name associated with this story. To me it is not whose kids are messing up it is how the school responds that make them THUG U or not.
    True, and I wouldn't be shocked if a kid from a military school or an Ivy League school got arrested either. I hate to see it happen, but I'm glad to see that the player who had eligibility left was suspended indefinitely.

My Team
    Fisher Bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by GOKATS View Post

I completely agree with your statement. What seperates the men from the boyz is what the institutional response is when something happens. Is an appropiate/timely response made, or is it swept under the carpet and just made to go away.
    Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres

rumors have been flying and i've been trying to get some info.

generally assault is not a random thing but some people are saying it was unprovoked.

this whole thing stinks of one man rubbing up another man's girl.

in any case, i have a feeling these guys wont see the inside of a cell unless they are repeat offenders. even the prison system is experienceing cutbacks and there is no money to spend on this retardation.

reporter: did it get the bone?
    armanti: little bit, but no problem.

"You can't swim by yo'self . . . . . that's dangerous!"
    - Coco Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by DLS View Post
    rumors have been flying and i've been trying to get some info.

generally assault is not a random thing but some people are saying it was unprovoked.

this whole thing stinks of one man rubbing up another man's girl.

in any case, i have a feeling these guys wont see the inside of a cell unless they are repeat offenders. even the prison system is experienceing cutbacks and there is no money to spend on this retardation.
    Any word on where the burglary charge is coming from? Also, in Tennessee for aggravated assault you have to be using a weapon, any word on that?

Could also be a case of a prosecutor (or sheriff) piling on charges (and these are all pretty serious, i.e. first degree) looking for a plea.