Quote Originally Posted by jmufan999 View Post
see THAT is the info i'm talking about. forget how many stars a guy has, rivals.com, all that BS. THAT is a good nugget. if you're defensive player of the year at a AAAA school, ESPECIALLY in Georgia, that is REALLY, REALLY impressive.

congrats. will he redshirt?
Not sure. Both our starting linebackers were lost to graduation. There are certainly going to be a number of this group who will be on the field in the fall.

Solomon really stuck out to me. He lead a AAAA team that went 10-0 in the regular season in a difficult metro-Atlanta region. He won defensive player of the year in the region. Won defensive player of the year in the state.

He's not a big guy, especially as a linebacker. However, I would so much rather have a guy with less "measurables" who played winning football than a guy with an outstanding 40 time and a beast of an athlete who played on a bad team. True, you can't coach speed, but you also can't coach a winner's mentality. I'll take an undersized guy with a nose for the ball and a running motor any day.