Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Completely Embarrassing

Top FCS Advocate

Completely Embarrassing

Congratulations to the University of Richmond. Great team and great win. You destroyed us. I don't care how my fellow Griz fans try to spin it, that was just plain horrible to watch. Although, it was really nice to see all of the Griz fans there. Great tailgating before the game! We easily have the best following in the FCS. Sorry that most of you spent a lot of time and money and traveled as far as you did to watch that poor display. I've been to all four title games that the Griz have played in Chattanooga, often carrying a large contingent of friends who didn't go to school at UM. But, because they are friends, they sit in the bleachers with me and cheer on my Alma Mater. And the performance (or lack thereof) of the Griz keeps getting more and more embarassing. I only live an hour from Chatty and I doubt that I would be traveling back there again next year if the Griz made it to the title game. It was that bad. There were some really questionable calls by the Griz coaching staff, but at some point the players have to be men and get it done.

Re: Completely Embarrassing

Was that you or your party with the "Georgia Peaches love the Griz" sign on TV??
    Six National Championships. All won via a playoff in the second highest level of football.

Top FCS Advocate

I was very surprised that Montana abandoned the run after getting down 2 scores. In my opinion they went totally away from their running game which is their obvious strength. Instead of putting together a long time consuming scoring drive they seem to want to go for a quicker strike but in the end all they did was give Richmond the ball. Maybe they noticed a weakness in the Richmond pass defense they wanted to exploit. I'm impressed with this Reynolds kid, he never, ever loses yards when he carries the ball. A good back that was never a factor in this game.

Of course, it's all easy from in front of the TV!!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Griz View Post
    Congratulations to the University of Richmond. Great team and great win. You destroyed us. I don't care how my fellow Griz fans try to spin it, that was just plain horrible to watch. Although, it was really nice to see all of the Griz fans there. Great tailgating before the game! We easily have the best following in the FCS. Sorry that most of you spent a lot of time and money and traveled as far as you did to watch that poor display. I've been to all four title games that the Griz have played in Chattanooga, often carrying a large contingent of friends who didn't go to school at UM. But, because they are friends, they sit in the bleachers with me and cheer on my Alma Mater. And the performance (or lack thereof) of the Griz keeps getting more and more embarassing. I only live an hour from Chatty and I doubt that I would be traveling back there again next year if the Griz made it to the title game. It was that bad. There were some really questionable calls by the Griz coaching staff, but at some point the players have to be men and get it done.
    I am assuming that you are a little emotional after the loss, and will realize that an excellent Richmond team beat a very good Griz team last night.
    I think that you should know that the Griz coaches and players have only had 2-3 weeks at home with their families in 2008 and spent 11+ months preparing to get to Chattanooga.
    The Griz did not play their best game, and all us fans are a little disappointed today. I would not criticize their efforts given that common pre-season expectations were around 7-5 or 8-4 and potentially missing the playoffs.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel it is way off base. I am not embarrassed. I pulled on a Griz shirt today.
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
    Sir Winston Churchill
    http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/album.../10001/lap.jpg
    http://life.atlantafalcons.com/uploads/av-548382.jpg

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    McNeese State

Let's see, earlier in the year the Griz were picked 3rd or 4th in the BSC and were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They proceed to beat a very good Cal Poly team and go through the schedule unscathed except for Weber who they then beat in the playoffs. They beat the #1 team in the country at their house. They play a less than perfect game against a very Hot UR team in the finals and lose. How may other FCS teams were still playing last week? I've been there and done that (2002) but NEVER EVER would I start whining about being embarrassed about playing in the NC game. Something tells me you are not quite a true Griz fan, well at least not like those I met in Missoula in 2006 or here in LC in 2002.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

Re: Completely Embarrassing--NOT

. . . . the performance (or lack thereof) of the Griz keeps getting more and more embarassing. . . . at some point the players have to be men and get it done.
    BULL S- - T!!

Got out-played. Nothing embarrassing about that. I am proud to be a Montana fan. Look at the Mariani catch on replay, and be embarrassed????

Bobby Hauck is not immune from making mistakes as a coach, but he rarely makes the same mistake twice. 2009 will be another good year, if BH is still here--and maybe if he is not.

Thumbs up Re: Completely Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Griz Man View Post
    I am assuming that you are a little emotional after the loss, and will realize that an excellent Richmond team beat a very good Griz team last night.
    I think that you should know that the Griz coaches and players have only had 2-3 weeks at home with their families in 2008 and spent 11+ months preparing to get to Chattanooga.
    The Griz did not play their best game, and all us fans are a little disappointed today. I would not criticize their efforts given that common pre-season expectations were around 7-5 or 8-4 and potentially missing the playoffs.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel it is way off base. I am not embarrassed. I pulled on a Griz shirt today.

Two great teams! Congrats to Richmond for the victory!

Despite the miscues, the game was much better to watch and a little closer than the score would indicate.

God Bless America!

Be proud of your overall program. I am of mine and we weren't in the NC game. 269 more days.

The Griz did not perform badly, they were simply outmatched by Richmond's team speed. By that I mean, in every position, especially in the offensive and defensive line play.

Speed kills, and it did so again last night.

First Class FCS Ruler cmaxwellgsu's Avatar

Nothing to be embarassed about. After you settle down a little, you'll be proud of the effort this year. There is no loss that stings like a NC game.
    "They'd just as soon be old Georgia Southern, in plain white pants, Navy blue shirts without any trimming and just play football." - Erk Russell