All this talk about how the wingbone doesn't work? JMU may - and should - win. BUt they are flat NOT getting it done on D, that is for sure. THE WINGBONE WORKS - PERIOD.

JMU wil win because Woff's D couldn't stop JMU either - to JMU's credit.

If that is a great CAA Defense then there is trouble ahead. (And I am pulling for someone / anyone to beat App... that is why I am so frustrated - I watch that Defense of JMU and see why App and Woff put in the 30s on it.

Look at what Paul Johnson has done with a "variant" of this offense - 2 National titles at Georgia Southern, consecutive bowl games at NAVY (after 30 years with no bowl game!) , and now rolling in its FIRST YEAR at GTech (not even the right players yet) - He basically tied for the ACC
1st place with players who don't really know how to run it yet!

Why does no one believe the wingbone (or similar) can work? I will never understand that.

Heck, my FU guys - not good this year - help App to 26 and Woff to 35. That's a better average against the 2 common opponents than JMU - tops in the CAA! FU just has NO OFFENSE

*If that is the weak conference Mickey Matthews talks about I wouldn't think they would be gashing his defense for some gosh awful 6 yards a run play!