Link to today's Wall Street Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122723273538146713.html

The growing parity in college football has created a possible nightmare scenario. Last week, worried bowl directors were phoning each other, wondering what would happen if there weren't enough teams with at least six wins. "Everybody is counting right now whether there'll be enough teams available," says Steve Ehrhart, executive director of the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn.
I for one find this situation somewhat funny. This is another reason to be thankful for what we have in FCS.

I'm assuming that if there are not enough 6 win teams that they would bend the rules to let 5 win teams in, but is there a chance they would invite a FCS team? I realize that it wouldn't work for teams still in the playoffs (ie. FCS's best teams) when the bowl decisions are made, but I could see potentially see a case if a highly rated team was knocked out. Another interesting case would be a HBCU . . .they would probably get good ratings/travel and are not participating in the FCS playoffs.

Before anyone accuses me of being an idiot (which is possible) . . . I realize that this is not going to happen . . . just something to pass the time before I leave work for the day.