Barber is all wrong with the title of his article "Mickey: I-AA Title On Line" Thats not what MM said or insinuated. What he said was "I think it's a game that, not only could this game cost us the conference championship, it could cost us the national championship," Matthews said, pointing to the importance of securing a home playoff game. "What we did in '04 is not going to happen. It had never happened before and I would guess it's never going to happen again. You're not going to go on the road and win the national championship."
Meaning lose this game, won't be seeded, get sent on the road (seeing how JMU it seems given its history the only way the committee will give JMU a home game is if JMU is a seed, then the committee would have to) which would kill JMU's chances of competing for an NC. And MM is exactly right. No team is going to win 3 straight playoff road games again and then win the NC. 4 straight road playoff games is just too difficult. JMU manage to do it in 04' with talent AND luck.

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_deta...99&CHID=3&sub=