Will take place on September 5th, 2009 in StarkVegas.
For sport's fans in this state, this is no less than shocking.
Never in a million year's did anyone see this comming.
Shat was crazy around here yesterday.

And as you can guess, Southern Mississippi fans are about to have a stroke over this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jsumsu.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	12280

Jackson Stae and Mississippi State to meet in 2009.

Jackson State University and Mississippi State University's football teams will meet in Starkville next fall, marking the first time one of the state's Southeastern Conference schools plays a team from a historically black school in football.

JSU coach Rick Comegy confirmed the agreement. The game, scheduled for Sept. 5, will be held at MSU's 55,082-seat Scott Field in Starkville.

Though MSU and the University of Mississippi have played Jackson State, Mississippi Valley State University and Alcorn State University in other sports, they've never met in football. The University of Southern Mississippi has twice hosted Jackson State in football, beating the Tigers 17-7 in 1987 and 55-7 in 2002.

The expected payout JSU's athletic department will receive from the game will boost its $6 million budget next season. "I just think it's a great opportunity to get a game like this, and I appreciate (MSU) Coach (Sylvester) Croom and the administration for giving us an opportunity to finally play a big game like this," Comegy said. "Maybe the dividends from this game will be able to help our football program. I think it'll be a recruiting tool as well.