Figured other conferences have one so...

Four-way tie at the top of 2-1 teams, not much separation yet, but this is how I rank them:

1) Southern Illinois: Have already played UNI and NDSU. 3 road games against teams in the bottom half, home games against WIU and SDSU.

2) Western Illinois: Have the biggest road win at NDSU, only one roadie left (at SIU), plus two weeks off to prepare for UNI (well one, they do have a scrimmage this week against the Trees).

3) South Dakota State: As long as they come out of the Cal-Poly game this week healthy, they should be able to take the next 3 (at Indiana State and home for the Bears and Redbirds) to be 5-1 in-conference heading into the last 2 roadies at SIU and NDSU with something big to play for.

4) Northern Iowa: Host NDSU this week and then on the road for 4 of the last 5 (3 of 4 in-conference). As a homer, I still expect them to run the table this year to finish with at least a tie for the crown. They haven't shown the ability to completely explode on a team, but the defense has been very good and the offense has been efficient, as long as they avoid the turnovers.

5) Illinois State: Have 4 of 6 games left at home. Roads at SDSU and WIU. But after MSU this week, they're against teams picked above them pre-season the rest of the year.

6) North Dakota State: Welcome to Missouri Valley Football! This is much more of a grind than the Great West and it goes on week after week, no real chance to recover. Unfortunately for the Bison, they get UNI as the third of a brutal three-game stretch. It gets easier after that, with trips to the Redbirds, hosting the Trees and then a break before at MSU and home for the Dakota Marker game.

7) Missouri State: Beating YSU puts them a spot above the Penguins. 4 of the last 6 on the road, and home games with SIU and NDSU means I think they will fall behind YSU by seasons' end.

8) Youngstown State: 3 of 5 left at the Ice Castle. Of course, two of those are against SIU and UNI the next two weeks. An off-week prior to the last game at WIU, means the Penguins might have a lot to say about the final standings at the top.

9) Indiana State: The only certain spot in the Valley. I thought about being kind and thinking they can pull a surprise on someone, I just can't see it happening this year. Too much needs to be re-built. Maybe week 13 at home against the Bears, a repeat of their last win?