Thread: SLC Predictions - Week Three

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SLC Predictions - Week Three

TT's Predictions
    2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
    2008 Record: 12-0 (0-0 SLC)
    Total: 58-14 (24-4 SLC)

Grambling at Northwestern State - This is probably the game where I will get my first loss of the season. Neither of these teams have done anything to prove that they are good this year. Grambling, of course has not had such a chance to do so. While I'm leaning towards the Demons because they are at home, I believe the week off will benefit the G-Men. Heck, I gotta pull for the SLC team when they are at home with a coach on the hot seat! NORTHWESTERN STATE

Bowie State at Nicholls State - You have got to wonder how much Nicholls State's players are effected by Hurricane Gustav. Things have not been easy on the Colonels this year, but this is a Div II opponent, so there's no reason Nicholls loses here. NICHOLLS STATE

Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State - This is a trap game for the Kats and could end up being a lot closer than many want it to be. The Panthers are going to have to play mistake free ball and stop the Kats running game as I feel that the O-Line for the Kats will be able to provide the pass protection Bomar needs from Zach East and company. If the game were at Prairie View, I might've picked against the Kats in this 'trap', but look for SHSU to win - SAM HOUSTON STATE

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F Austin - The Jacks beat their other sub-Div I foe and we saw what happened the last time KWU stepped on the field against an SLC team. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Central Arkansas vs UAPB (Little Rock) - We're talking about a UCA team that just beat UC-Davis this past week. We're talking about a UAPB team that has already got an 0-2 record, with those losses coming in spectacular fashion of the wrong kind against two Div II teams from Arkansas. If any SWAC fan picks UAPB over UCA, they may as well leave their credibility at the door. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

South Dakota at Southeastern Louisiana - This is a tough call. SLU did not do bad at all against Mississippi State. South Dakota played strong against UNI. In games like this, you look at injuries and where the game is taking place. I'm still not impressed by SLU's offense. Babin was out against MSU this past week and Jay Lucas has been subpar thus far. I'm going with the Coyotes. SOUTH DAKOTA

** SLC GAME OF THE WEEK **
    Cal Poly at McNeese State - The Pokes get a very good squad in their stadium. Cal Poly knocked off San Diego State in the opener and hosted Montana in their second game, getting a loss after their kicker went wide left at the end. If the Pokes want to call their spot amongst the top 10 teams in the nation, this is the game. A slow start against Delta State before pulling away. You got to like the Pokes when the lights come in Lake Charles, regardless of the foe. We've all seen it happen before. CP is battle-tested, but going with the Pokes. McNEESE STATE
    -The Terror-

Re: SLC Predictions - Week Three

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    ** SLC GAME OF THE WEEK **
    Cal Poly at McNeese State - The Pokes get a very good squad in their stadium. Cal Poly knocked off San Diego State in the opener and hosted Montana in their second game, getting a loss after their kicker went wide left at the end. If the Pokes want to call their spot amongst the top 10 teams in the nation, this is the game. A slow start against Delta State before pulling away. You got to like the Pokes when the lights come in Lake Charles, regardless of the foe. We've all seen it happen before. CP is battle-tested, but going with the Pokes. IKE
    Fixed you post. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    Fixed you post. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Doc

Doc,

This one (IKE) has me worried.

Not because of all the uncertainty. I don't think it will hit LC, but I think the path will remain so uncertain due to a High Pressure in the center of the States, that know one will be able to accrately forcast the entire path until so late in the week that McNeese may have no tother choice but to put it's Emergency Action Plan in place, regardless of the forcast.

I think we are in danger of loosing a home game here.

a.k.a. blackdodgepu blackfordpu's Avatar

Grambling at Northwestern State - Demons only edge is this game is at home.

Bowie State at Nicholls State - D-II team at Nicholls, nuff said.

Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State - Receivers and O-line make a statement. Also, Bomar is looking to impress as this is his final season so I think he has a "breakout game."

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F Austin - For the SLC's sake, jacks please win this game.

Central Arkansas vs UAPB (Little Rock) - UCA is too strong for this foe.

South Dakota at Southeastern Louisiana - coin flip

Cal Poly at McNeese State - McNeese at home but they just went through a stressful week. How much will their heads be in this game? Cal Poly has a strong team and has not had the stress the Pokes have had. This too is a coin flip but I think the coin lands in favor of CP.

Grambling at Northwestern State

Bowie State at Nicholls State

Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F Austin

Central Arkansas vs UAPB

South Dakota at Southeastern Louisiana

Cal Poly at McNeese State

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    You got to like the Pokes when the lights come in Lake Charles, regardless of the foe.

Our problem last week was KEEPING the lights (or at least half of them) on.

We had a bout a 20 minute delay when our East side lights blew a fuse.

Kinda cool watching our 2006 and 2007 highlite video on the big screen in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by McTailGator View Post

I was at a basketball game at Burton Coliseum when the lights dimmed as well. The two coaches agreed to play the game...and that's when the lights went off for the McNeese basketball team...and the other team just took the game...
    -The Terror-

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by McTailGator View Post

Kinda cool watching our 2006 and 2007 highlite video on the big screen in the dark.

Poke fans, the thing that worries me is this storm coming in so soon after Gustav with the same punch. My company has over 300 pieces of equipment in Louisiana right now in support of the relief efforts from Gustav. If this storm hits Louisiana or Texas Gulf Coasts, equipment availability will be slim from all companies. Let hope it doesnt come this way, but it is not looking good right now. It has definitely changed the tailgate planning.

Anyway...Southland Conference bounces back.

Grambling at Northwestern State.........Northwestern St

Bowie State at Nicholls State..............Nicholls St

Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State...KATS

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F Austin..SFA

Central Arkansas vs UAPB....Central Ark

South Dakota at Southeastern Louisiana....SE Louisiana

Cal Poly at McNeese State.......McNeese St

FCS PLAYOFFS!! (1991,2001,2004,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016, 2017)

a.k.a. blackdodgepu blackfordpu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katstrapper View Post
    Poke fans, the thing that worries me is this storm coming in so soon after Gustav with the same punch. My company has over 300 pieces of equipment in Louisiana right now in support of the relief efforts from Gustav. If this storm hits Louisiana or Texas Gulf Coasts, equipment availability will be slim from all companies. Let hope it doesnt come this way, but it is not looking good right now. It has definitely changed the tailgate planning.

Anyway...Southland Conference bounces back.

Grambling at Northwestern State.........Northwestern St

Bowie State at Nicholls State..............Nicholls St

Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State...KATS

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F Austin..SFA

Central Arkansas vs UAPB....Central Ark

South Dakota at Southeastern Louisiana....SE Louisiana

Cal Poly at McNeese State.......McNeese St
    Because of work or because of the storm itself?

FCS Champion

2008 Record: 12-0 (0-0 SLC)

Grambling at Northwestern State - Demons haven't impressed so far, including win over TAMU-Commerce ... G-Men come off shutout win over Alcorn ... great crowd expected for Turpin ... go with the visitors ... THE ICON

Bowie State at Nicholls State - Colonels finally (???) get a game in, and will it be in Thibodaux or somewhere's else ... lots of "I Like Ike" buttons will get the Cajun gris gris if that storm comes anywhere close ... NICHOLLS

Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State - Another great OOC game this week (this ain't the Prairie View of the not-so-distant past) ... Bomar and Co. will have their hands full in a contest between schools located pretty close to one another ... should have a nice crowd ... take the home team ... SAM HOUSTON STATE

Kentucky Wesleyan at Stephen F Austin - Early line in Vegas has SFA as a 17-point favorite - and that's with TT, BFPU, RoyalLion, GL94, McTailGator and other AGS Southland members suiting up for the Jacks! ... STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Central Arkansas vs UAPB (Little Rock) - Let's see, Central Arkansas has already beaten former Gulf South rival Henderson State (DII), while UAPB was shut out by the Reddies ... I'm no nuclear scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express on my recent evacuation from Hurricane Gustav (I really did) ... CENTRAL ARKANSAS

South Dakota at Southeastern Louisiana - This is one that tears me up a bit ... both teams come off losses on the road as Lions more than held their own at Mississippi State and USD did the same at Northern Iowa ... Brian Babin should be back at QB for Southeastern and Jay Lucas should finally get untracked against a Coyote defense that gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground ... key for Southeastern is stopping QB Noah Shepherd, who threw for nearly 300 yards and added 90 more on the ground in 19 carries ... much anticipated first game in revamped Strawberry Stadium for Lions and it should be packed depending on what happens with Ike ... in a game that can go either way ... SOUTHEASTERN

Cal Poly at McNeese State - Agree in TT's assessment in the game of the week ... two ranked teams battling it out in the Hole ... CP looks to bounce back from disappointing loss to Monte U. while Cowboys looked mighty impressive against DII Delta Delta Delta State ... look for an exciting duel of QB-WR's as CP's Jonathan Dally and Ramses Barden square off against the McNeese tandem of Derrick Fourroux and Quinten Lawrence ... will be a great game ... "Ike, don't screw it up! " ... McNEESE STATE